Start by marking “Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3)” as Want to Read:
Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3)

Frost Like Night

(Snow Like Ashes #3)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  10,435 ratings  ·  1,336 reviews
Angra is alive, his Decay is spreading—and no one is safe.

Meira will do anything to save her world. With Angra trying to break through her mental defenses, she desperately needs to learn to control her own magic—so when the leader of a mysterious Order from Paisly offers to teach her, she jumps at the chance. But the true solution to stopping the Decay lies in a labyrinth
Published September 20th 2016 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Frost Like Night, please sign up.
CatcherR It seems as if the author is going for Mather.
Here's why I think so:
It seems as if the author is going for Mather.
Here's why I think so:
1) There's only a Mather pov in ILF. What makes this a big deal? His POV is pretty much irrelevant. It made no sense in the bigger context of the book. It seems to be a cheap way for Mather to be built up.
2) The summary. Apparently Mather has to build up the nerve to tell Meira his feelings. Out of all the plot points in this novel, that was the chosen one. Chances are that its going to be big deal.
3) No mention of Theron. At all. Chances are we won't see much of this guy.
4) The author wrote this when she was younger. This may seem harsh or a vague hypothesis, but a lot of authors who write their book when they are younger tend to become to 'in love' with certain characters. After all, they've spent so much time with these characters in their heads, that they don't let the characters decide as much because they are somewhat biased and want to cushion their 'children'. It's a theory. (less)
YA Novels of 2016
1,119 books — 9,694 voters
Empire of Storms by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. MaasLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Raven King by Maggie StiefvaterGlass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
Can't Wait Books of 2016
1,313 books — 6,923 voters

More lists with this book...

·  10,435 ratings  ·  1,336 reviews

Sara Raasch
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The bias, it is strong.
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, fantasy
I am soooo sad this is over but ahhhhh what a finale!
Video review to come.
Ben Alderson
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Best end to a series.

omg
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
DEAR BOOK COVER.....

Well, it's over . . . Winter, Autumn, Summer, Spring. Yeah, I went backwards.

So many people die. That's what happens in a war. People you love, like, hate.

Meira is taken in by Rares and his wife, Oana. They are part of the Order of the Lustrate. Not only do they give Meira a few revelations, they teach her how to use her power to the fullest. How to control herself. How to defeat Angra and his Decay.

I love that more people came together to help the Winterians in the battle
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
4.5 Snow and Ice and Frost above! ★'s

“Whoever designed this city built it to complement the setting sun as perfectly as the stars complement the night.”

“The world is changing. We cannot deal with the problem as we have in the past, or we will always end up where we started.”

*Sigh* I seriously love this Trilogy and I can't believe its over... It brakes my heart! It's just so, so, damn good! Have you read it? No, Well then you must!! I love the world, the story-line, the characters, the relation
Sana
Kiki
Three words: I should've known.

The sheer crappiness of both of Snow Like Ashes' sequels makes me very, very hesitant for Raasch's new upcoming series. Because it wasn't just the flat characters, shite romance, boring politics and lame resolution that made this series fall so painfully flat: it was a total and utter lack of direction. Maybe even a lack of planning. SLA could have been a fantastic standalone, tight and concise and brilliantly paced. It certainly marked the last time I ever gave a
Sophie
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher. This in no way impacted on my view.

This series became one of my favourites when I first read Snow Like Ashes last year. I simply adored the characters and world that Raasch had created, and jumped at the opportunity to review an early copy. I'd just recently read Ice Like Fire, but still found it wasn't necessary to understand what was happening.

Picking up after the major cliffhanger at the end of Ice Like Fire, Frost Like Night follows the P
Neil (or bleed)
3.5

A decent ending.

That was probably the best fitting words to describe Frost Like Night. Compared to its predecessors, this final book of the Snow Like Ashes trilogy didn't give me the excitement I feel on the first two books; didn't give me the excitement I need. Not that this book is boring, it's not. It's just that it came pretty standard. It was also somehow, predictable.

Despite that, I pretty much enjoyed reading Frost Like Night. Again, the book is not tedious to read. Less exciting, yes,
Beatrice in Bookland
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Scorch this world, Winter Queen."

While reading the last page I realised that I actually cared for this cast of characters and it's so sad to say goodbye!

Meira was fantastic, she's strong and smart and she learns to accept herself and that she matters, that she's perfect just the way she is and I think that this is the most important message of the entire trilogy.

I loved the romance, luckily I had chosen the endgame ship of this love triangle lol. I love the two of them together, how they didn't
Dannii Elle
This is the third and final instalment in the Snow Like Ashes series and whilst I can say I enjoyed the progression of the story-line, some of my initial adoration has waned as the series has progressed.

Meira was one of the few free Winterians left when her kingdom was invaded and her people enslaved or massacred. She spent her childhood at the edges of the world, honing her fighting skill and plotting how to return Winter to its former glory. Now, she is a woman grown and a queen in name. But h
Rebekah
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this finale for this amazing trilogy I are left happy and satisfied. This book is filled with all the magic, adventure and romance I was hoping for.

With each book Raasch added another POV so we have 3 we are rotating, and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be. I actually really enjoyed all three POVs! I loved reading from all three POVs in this- Meira, Mather, and Ceridwin. It was really nice to see from both sides of the Meira/Mather romance, and to get into Ceridwin’s head regarding what ha
Sharon
Finishing this book is leaving me mainly confused. A lot of shit happened in these rougly 500 pages. I don’t even know how to feel about it.

Pros
– Meira taking charge, being more confident, and learning to accept herself: She is not perfect. There are some mistakes where I cringe and facepalm. However, she seriously does show growth throughout this series, and throughout this book. I love that moment when she takes lessons from Rares and Oana, and she finds some kind of inner peace among all of
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
Oct 19, 2015 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF @ 10%
WHYYYYY do I literally have no interest in this? Oh yeah. Because my ship is already sunk. -kicks- + melodrama + stilted audio + ....I dunno what else. Sorry Meira, I'm just not interested in this story anymore.

2/20
LOOK HOW PRETTY
srsly if nothing else, this series has a kickass designer *heart eyes*
Haley
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Frost Like Night is the final book in the Snow Like Ashes trilogy. If you have not read Snow Like Ashes, I recommend it to those who enjoyed Frozen, Game of Thrones and books like: Incarnate and The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, Crewel by Gennifer Albin, The Jewel by Amy Ewing, Defiance by C.J. Redwine, The Young Elites by Marie Lu and the Red Queen by Victoria Avyard.

Meira is the queen and conduit of the Winter kingdom. She’s trying to find away to stop Angra, the ev
Gunjan (NerdyBirdie)
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2016
I’m going to be really honest: I went back and reread my review of Snow Like Ashes just to see what it was that I liked about it in the first place.

Snow Like Ashes was a consistent story that was so enjoyable that even when the predictable plot twist happened I was still impressed. Ice Like Fire ended up proving that this series is treading on thin ice (haha, see?) and that maybe it won’t end the way I want it to (also, it was boring as heck). But then I told myself that Meira was worth it and I
Andreea Pop
Apr 26, 2014 marked it as to-read
WOW, COVER. Gorgeous as always. If only the content will be the same... *fingers crossed*

I had no idea this one had a title. I like the Frost part but but but Night?? Seriously?

Oh, and by the way, I guessed the Frost since the 1st book when Meira said "Snow and ice and frost above" :D
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 shimmering frost covered stars for this! I am so sad to see this trilogy end! I will miss Meira, Mather, Theron, Cerie, and everyone else! But this was a beautiful finale that was perfect for the series! I cried many times as Sara can attest to because I tweeted her each time lol but I loved every page! And although I was mad about the Theron thing in book 2 I totally get the whole team Mather thing now! I am team Mather!
Giselle
Now that's an ending that everyone needed! What a great fantasy series. I love the incorporation of the seasons and how magic played such a part in everyone's lives..for the good and the bad. *claps*
Reem Ghabbany
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
This was okay. I enjoyed some parts but mostly I didn’t care about the characters so I wasn’t that attached to the story. none of the characters were special.
I was reading a lot of passages absentmindedly just to finish the book.
the problem with YA fantasy nowadays is that they’re too similar and the character buildup is repetitive.
I feel like I need a good break from YA Fantasy but most of the books I have are YA fantasy XD. I’ll try to read something else for the rest of October.
Patricia Crowther
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm not sure when but somewhere along the line I just stopped caring about pretty much all of the characters. The one character I did like really didn't feature all that much and that was disappointing. But even by the end I was 'meh' about them too.

I actually found some of it a struggle to get through, particularly the first 100 pages. That said though, I can appreciate it was well written and a reasonable conclusion to the trilogy. Even if it was somewhat predictable.

Annie
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
That book annoyed the hell out of me.
Taylor of Elfhame ❦
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Now that I've had time to think about this more, I’m saying 1.5 stars, because I don't think it was quite so bad to deserve 1. It was a close thing though.
I was so close to DNFing this book practically the entire time I was reading. I can't give this any higher of a rating. Not after the experience I had reading it. Not when I was just so incredibly irritated the entire time. This conclusion was so far from enjoyable, it made me question the way I rated and reviewed the previous books.
I just c
Vivianne
3.5* maybe?

RTC!
Donna
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the third and final book of the 'Snow like Ashes' trilogy, which is YA fantasy. I really liked the first one. The second book I didn't like at all and this one falls kind of in that category. However, I added a star just because the final wrap up made sense and it had a certain satisfaction to it. I will also say that the last half is where things really started to move and all the pieces were falling into place.

I think part of my disconnect with the first half was that I had forgotten
Jenny Baker
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I finished! This is my least favorite in this trilogy, but it's quite enjoyable overall. Definitely worth reading.
Alexa
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5*

I don't know how Raasch manages to do it, but even though this book was very predictable and extremely cheesy (qualities I usually hate in a book), I still loved the shit out of this.

I commend Raasch for a trilogy well tied and a premise well executed. If your looking for some light fantasy, this trilogy is a good place to start.
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
I'm ready for badass Meira.

& more Mather, please.
Nonah
Jun 04, 2015 marked it as to-read
That COVER!!!! :O <3<3<3
lolo'
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars review to come.
YA Buddy Readers'...: Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes #3) by Sara Raasch - Restarting October 3rd 2019 50 213 Sep 19, 2019 01:20AM
Mather vs Theron 6 127 Jul 13, 2019 11:32PM
Addicted to YA: Frost Like Night 5 68 Feb 17, 2018 06:36PM
Does anyone else not like the title? 6 50 Jul 24, 2017 07:50AM

• Buried Heart (Court of Fives, #3)
  • Morrighan (The Remnant Chronicles, #0.5)
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • Allied (Ruined #3)
  • Waters of Salt and Sin (Uncommon World, #1)
  • The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)
  • Untitled (Gates of Thread and Stone, #3)
  • Rise of Fire (Reign of Shadows, #2)
  • Witch's Pyre (Worldwalker, #3)
  • The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer, #3)
  • The Shadow Hour (The Girl at Midnight, #2)
  • Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2)
  • Endure (Defy, #3)
  • Redemption (MILA 2.0, #3)
  • Krait's Redemption (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #5)
  • Broken Crowns (The Internment Chronicles, #3)
  • Untitled (Many-Worlds, #3)
  • Forest of Ruin (Age of Legends, #3)
Sara Raasch has known she was destined for bookish things since the age of five, when her friends had a lemonade stand and she tagged along to sell her hand-drawn picture books too. Not much has changed since then — her friends still cock concerned eyebrows when she attempts to draw things and her enthusiasm for the written word still drives her to extreme measures. Her debut YA fantasy, SNOW LIKE ...more

Snow Like Ashes (3 books)
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes, #2)
“Feeling like you're enough has nothing to do with actually being enough --you choose whether or not you are.” 22 likes
“You are not what you've done. Who you are right now, this moment, is who you choose to be.” 18 likes