Start by marking “Bad Analysis” as Want to Read:
Bad Analysis

Bad Analysis

As POTUS, Donald Trump pushes his exclusionary, racist and divisive agenda on the US and the world, England has already taken the next frightening step.

In London, a delusional racist aristocrat, invisible, privileged, and well-protected by his station, ruthlessly coordinates a diabolical attack, a slaughter disguised as a domestic terror assault.

Deep in the core of MI5, a
Published January 9th 2016 by Colin Knight

Start your review of Bad Analysis
Miriam Smith
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
'Bad Analysis' by Colin Knight is a very clever and well thought out conspiracy thriller that is fast paced, full of violent action, and twists and turns. There's lots of dominant characters too and in my opinion a typical Bond type villain (Anthony Mitton-Wells) on the end of a phone giving orders. This is an extremely intelligent book which shows a huge amount of attention to detail especially towards the analysing of data acquired by international government agencies in the hunt for the moder ...more
Glen
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: espionage
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

A book of two parts. All of the facts present in this book are interesting, and thought provoking. The section on how bad intelligence analysis can affect things in a butterfly effect are very eye opening.

All of the nonfiction is the usual nonsense we read in the MSM about Trump supporters and Brexit. In other words, it's bad analysis.

Liz
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So... at first I rated the book 4 stars because I did really like it- not because I like death and destruction, but because it was action-packed and kind of "James Bond" . So, I went off to mull over the review I was going to write. The more I thought about it the clearer it became that, in my eyes, the book deserves full 5 stars and here are reasons:

1. Complex plot which delivers a gradual build up to the end-game and offers a number of surprise twists.
2. Great execution of overall story- with
Dave
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to author Colin Knight for this Kindle copy of Bad Analysis. Also, thanks to Goodreads for hosting this opportunity through the First Read program.

I liked it. Using one of the human failings - Act like me, think like me, dress like me or be outcast - we're carried along as two ideologies collide. Here, we have one religion and race trying to stir the pot with a terrorist action that could wipe out tens of thousands unsuspecting lives. The race is on, using analytical thinking and techn
Daniel Woodward
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I got my copy through the goodreads giveaway scheme and was intrigued by the sound of this book and by the interesting career of the author. The pace of the book was good and the concept was scarily believable that right-wing groups can be manipulated by higher powers to stir up anti-immigrant feelings for their own ends. The main character was good and I like the fact that he was constantly falling out with his bosses or going against them in his own way and the ending was certainly left for fu ...more
Anne Peachey
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received Bad Analysis by Colin Knight in a Goodreads Giveaway.
Knight portrays an in depth knowledge of Foreign Affairs, Intelligence and Terrorism that is frightening real in todays life.
A hard hitting novel that will keep you rivetted until the final page.
Paul Smith
The story was interesting. The analysis by security experts was led astray which almost ended up disastrous. I think the book could have used some proofreading as there were numerous missing words, wrong words, misplaced words, and erroneous spellings.
Rebecca Burgess
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways, thriller
I enjoyed the outcome. Story of plans made and implemented to pull off a terrorist attack. How they manipulated and framed a Muslim broke my heart. Good triumphs evil.
Ken Cook
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the focus jumps around the world, the Canadian protagonist's analysis alternates with scenes from the action related to that analysis. Fun read and good story.
Juju
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not one I could get into. The first few chapters were all over the place
J C Steel
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Craig Wilson works for Canadian Intelligence, a loner whose work is too good to allow him to be retired while his frequently divergent opinions make him unpopular with his bosses. However, when the brewing of a new terror crisis in the slums of Europe sends vibrations through the webs of the international intelligence community, Wilson’s instincts are triggered. The death of an old friend in British Intelligence, and an uncharacteristically cryptic message left behind him only strengthen Wilson’ ...more
Vigilant Reader
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bad Analysis 31
Author – Colin Knight
Genre – Mystery, Suspense, Thriller
326 Pages
Rating 4 stars out of 5 Posted 5/7/16

Craig Wilson is an analyst with Canada's Integrated Terrorism Center
Morris Marshall is the head of the English Defense League, a radical right wing racist organization.
Anthony Mitton-Wells is a highly respected, wealthy, fanatical, domestic terrorist.

My impressions: terrifying, possible, fanatics, high placed domestic terrorist, despicable thugs.

It took a while for me to ge
Ralph Jones
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mt Knight should be proud to have penned such an excellent book which I believe well deserves 5 stars.

The author skillfully presents an intelligent and reasonably complex plot whilst managing to retain both momentum of story line and clarity of prose, making for easy and enjoyable reading.

Two story is comprised of two main threads. The first follows the exploits of three sociopathic, racist thugs and their socially superior puppet-masters whose aim is to rid England of its immigrant plague. Th
Zippergirl
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."

Bad analysis--woe to the innocents. Craig Wilson knows any number of things can contribute to a successful terrorist attack: weak intelligence, misaligned resources, personality conflicts, even a misspelled name, but his greatest fear is bad analysis. As a senior analyst on an international risk assessment team he takes a low tech approach when correlating incoming data; a white board and magic markers. Scorn he can handle, as long as he gets it right.

Mo
Alison
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was asked to read/review this Bad Analysis by the author. The blurb looking intriguing so I delved in. Once I had got past the first couple of chapters and kind of established who was who and what the objectives were it became riveting.

For fans of Bond type movies with a bit of brutality thrown in .. not for the faint-hearted or politically correct sensitive sort but it is all written with complex entirety valid to the story.
I’m not going to try and explain the plot basis .. suffice to say it
Carrie Westmoreland Kurtz
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was contacted by Mr Knight and asked if I would like to read and review his novel, Bad Analysis. I agreed and am glad I did! I admit that I was hesitant when I first read the summary of this book. It is not the typical genre that I read so I wasn't sure how I would feel about it. To be perfectly honest, there were a few things that I personally didn't love (the detailed violence and the choice language) because I'm just not a violence and terror kind of girl but I could totally see this becomi ...more
Christine Armstrong
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
This book a a well executed thriller with a believable plot. The story line will pull you in and keeps your attention with intricate twists and turns. While there is a component of graphic violence, it is not gratuitous as it serves to explain what can happen in a terrorist situation. The situation that unfolds in the book is well explained and had me wondering how easily a similar incident could happen anywhere. With everything that has been happening in the world in the recent past it has left ...more
Cynthia A
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: won-books-read
The story is well laid out, characters are forceful, and reading intense. I couldn't wait to turn the page to see what was next. I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
In England, a terrorist attack, coordinated by a delusional aristocrat and a MI5 traitor, is about executed. Aalim, a humble Egyptian cab driver and Wilson, a crotchety intelligence analyst are the two people that can prevent the attack. Aalim's family is kidnapped by vicious rapists and killers to coerce him to be the scapegoat
frances rowlands
Sep 24, 2018
KarnagesMistress
Jan 25, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways. It is a Kindle book.
C
May 20, 2017
Kayren
Jan 30, 2019
Janet Haste
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was looking forward to reading this book and I was not disappointed. A truly realistic rendition of what could have been terrorist activity. The writer used his personal knowledge of the system, explained in vivid detail and kept the reader enthralled. His Hero, Craig was a no-nonsense individual, who listened to his own knowledge and interpretation and got it right. Proving that not all data is to be relied upon, it is the interpretation of that data.
I would recommend this book.
melissa  ellis
Joel Luzmoor
Sep 29, 2018
Darren M Phillips
Dec 07, 2019
Goodreads Reviewe...: Free ebook for Readers who like Thrillers 2 9 Apr 05, 2016 07:03PM

• The Sandpit: An Action-Packed Spider Shepherd SAS Novella
  • The Runner
  • The Assassin (Isabella Rose #4)
  • Beatrix Rose - Hong Kong Stories - Volume 1: Hong Kong Stories Volume 1 (Beatrix Rose's Hong Kong Stories)
  • Build Your Author Platform: The New Rules: A Literary Agent's Guide to Growing Your Audience in 14 Steps
  • Farewell to Freedom (Louise Rick #4)
  • Hævnens gudinde (Louise Rick, #5)
  • Dødsenglen (Louise Rick, #6)
  • The Drowned Girl (previously published as Only One Life)
  • The Forgotten Girls (Louise Rick #7)
  • Ryan's Christmas (DCI Ryan Mysteries #15)
  • Deathlist (Strike Back #1)
  • Dead to Me (Scott & Bailey, #1)
  • Heart of Eden (Colorado Hearts, #1)
  • Impostor (Alexander Gregory Thrillers, #1)
  • The Agent (Isabella Rose #3)
  • Valley of Death (Ben Hope, #19)
  • Hysteria (Alexander Gregory Thrillers, #2)
Colin Knight was born in Manchester, England to working class parents – his father painted houses and drove delivery trucks; his mother worked in a retirement home. He and his four siblings shared a small three-bedroom house on an unremarkable city owned housing estate ten miles from the city centre. From seven to sixteen years old, he held newspaper and milk delivery jobs, which he did, before sc ...more