Start by marking “When a Marquess Loves a Woman (Season's Original #3)” as Want to Read:
When a Marquess Loves a Woman (Season's Original #3)

When a Marquess Loves a Woman

(Season's Original #3)

As a young, penniless gentleman, Maxwell Harwick knew he had little to offer Juliet White—the most beautiful debutante of the season—except his love, and one thoroughly scandalous kiss. But when they were discovered in a compromising position, a nearly ruined Juliet fled into the arms of a rich, older lord... taking Max’s heart with her.

Now a widow, Lady Juliet Granworth i
Published October 4th 2016 by Avon Impulse

Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I picked this book up because I was in the mood for a nice romantic story and the cover is simply gorgeous. I am happy to say that I was not disappointed. I can't say that anything that happened in the book was a surprise but I enjoyed it nonetheless. This is listed as being the third book in a series but I read it as a stand alone without any difficultly. Max and Juliet's story ended up being quite entertaining.

I really like the fact that t
Andrea
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Dearest foe,
Thank you for the cake. Since I never require silverware when eating such confections, I am returning that which you sent. Please feel free to find a better place to keep it. Should you require suggestions, I would be more than happy to direct you to stick the tines firmly into your posterior. Repeatedly.
Your most ardent enemy,
J."

As a young man, Maxwell Harwick only dreamed of two things: to emerge from the shadow of his older half brother by taking a seat in parliament and of th
Becca
Feb 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
After several attempts with this author, I have decided she is just not my taste. She uses too many metaphors that bog down the story and make me struggle to get through it. I stopped at page 80.

I love this cover and I loved the blurb, but the writing style isn't for me.

Case in point:
1. This author has an obsession with bug metaphors. In her first Season's Original's book, it was a spider. In this one, she discussed bug larva under a leaf to describe the heroines feelings that burrowed into her
AnnMarie
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When a Marquess Loves a Woman is the third book in the 'Season's Original' series by Vivienne Lorret. The book can be read as a stand alone one, but as I have read the whole series and have loved every moment of it, I recommend that you read all the books, even if it's not in order of release.

This is Max and Juliet's story. Max has always been made to feel second best to his brother Bram. Especially when it comes to Juliet, who 5 years ago was hoping to become that season's original so that she
Bambi Unbridled
description

This is my first read by Vivienne Lorret, despite having bought the earlier books in this series. I just haven't been able to fit them into my schedule yet... but accepting a review copy is always a way to get something cemented on my calendar. I quite liked her writing style, so I will hopefully work the other books into the calendar before too much longer. Despite not having read the earlier books, I felt like I was fine reading this third book. There may have been some character crossover, bu
Lisa Filipe
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
And I will admit it....I cried AGAIN reading a Vivienne Lorret romance...

WHEN A MARQUESS LOVES A WOMAN is exactly what we have all been waiting for, and Vivienne couldn't have written it ANY better. Max and Juliet slowly let go of the enemy status and move quite nicely into the lover status...and OH MY was that first tryst HOTTTTT! Vivienne might not write smutty overly graphic sex scenes, but she knows how to make her scenes erotic in their own right. Oh my...(fans herself), Max and Juliet burn
Danielle
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Review originally posted on http://www.joyfullyreviewed.net/revie...
Annie
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
totally my catnip but I can see where others wouldn't ~like it as much lol
Seffra
Aug 20, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed book one and two and Juliet and Max were building up since the first book and I was a bit excited for their story. I felt that their book was quite underwhelming in the sense that yes, they had that push-and-pull and then the whole jealousy thing with Lord Ellery. This book was also humorous but for some reason, I found it lacking. Lacking what, I don't really know? I didn't fall in love and I wasn't fully immersed into the story as I was the previous books.

I do like
Liv
this was such a fun, warm book!! it's tagged as enemies-to-lovers but in reality it was more of a friends-to-enemies-to-friends-to-lovers and the development was d e l i c i o u s
so,, one of the favourite tropes-check. next, it was a second chance romance, and the characters a) know each other EXTREMELY well, b) are allowed growth, c) everything happens organically and makes sense?? i am SHOCKED. and THRILLED.
also included: banter! a respectful hero, lady friendships! literally everyone knowing
SmartBitches
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

If you like enemies-to-lovers romance, then you probably want to read When a Marquess Loves a Woman. It’s got all my prerequisites for a good Regency romance–loads of sexual tension, a heroine who owns her shit, and epic sass-battles. Also canoodling in libraries. Also a stock market crash. There’s a lot going on in this book.

Juliet’s sense of self-worth is so tied into her appearance, and is so damaged by the neglect of her parents and the abuse of her
Jaci
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
The third book in The Season's Original Series is a must read. Vivienne knows how to keep the reader captivated and reading late into the night. Max and Juliet's story was worth waiting for. I really loved the back and forth witty dialogue and the love scenes were steamy. Most of all I loved the way Max treated Juliet, he was always thoughtful, patient and the kind of handsome Gentleman that we all secretly wish for.
It was great to see how the characters in the first two books were doing and I c
victoria.p
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This was fine. It had a handful of lovely moments but overall it was...fine. (I was also annoyed by the way the author used "would have" when she should have used "had" instead, e.g., "if Juliet would have known how they'd react" instead of "if Juliet had known" (paraphrasing) - a good editor should have caught that.)
Lisarenee
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
>>>>>My Synopsis (Review follows)<<<<<
Once upon a time Juliet White had hopes of making a grand match. She'd earned the moniker "goddess" for her beauty early on in her debut, but it quickly became paired with the term "hollow", as most never took the time to truly get to know her. But when Maxwell Harwick decided to make his feelings for her known, and the two were caught kissing, all her hopes were dashed. What Max didn't know, and not many did, was Juliet's fathe
Tellulah Darling
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-adore
I love friends to lovers stories so friends to enemies to lovers is even better! Plus it's a second chance romance. This story is just so delicious. It's sly and wicked and sexy and so so much fun. Max and Juliet are smart characters and that comes out in their constant push/pull of banter and oneupmanship. They are the best of adversaries and wow, do sparks fly.

I like the fact that Juliet is a widow. I like these historical heroines who have a bit more freedom to engage in a sexual liaison and
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2dU93kk

And so we have Max and Juliet...finally! Seriously yall. I was totally *flailing* about over these two! Lordy but I've been itching for When a Marquess Loves a Woman and getting that front row seat to the showdown between these two. And it was so dang fun.

So. Five things about When a Marques Loves a Woman...

1. Max and Juliet. They have one serious hate-on for each other. If there was a spork around? Oh yeah. It would be p
Els
Feb 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the first three books in this serie more.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
This Marquess had to wait but he got his Lady or could it be that the Lady got her man.y.

I have to admit that the prologue got me riled up. I wanted to skewer Juliet. I was heartbroken for Max. Five years later, things have a way of coming back and opening doors when least expected. On starts the banter, the witty humor, the brains to brawn, the high stakes wagers, the plotting and daring arrangements. Juliet and Max have been parted by five years and life but the love between the two has not di
Isha Coleman
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For me the measure of a good book is never wanting to say goodbye. There are stories that just wrap around a reader to the point that the book becomes like an addiction. You never want to put it down. When a Marquess Loves a Woman was mine. Max and Juliet's relationship is all encompassing. Taking on many stages, it's intensity keeps drawing them back to each other. An enchantment built on something beautiful takes on a life of it's own ricocheting between a powerful love, a heated attraction or ...more
Carol Bisig
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Love With Mac!

What a wonderful story of second chances! Max, the second and untitled son, has been in love with Juliet for many years. However, to save her father from debtor's prison, she married a ruthless, vain man. Now she is back, a young beautiful widow, and Max absolutely hates her, to the point, they wager, and whoever wins has to leave London. Let's face it, this Author is known for sexual content, it was not too many to pass up, and the book is wonderful! I highly recommend! Thanks!
Cocktails and Books
Review to come.
Rose Blue
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
As reviewed at Roses are Blue: http://wp.me/p3QRh4-r1

Max Harwick grew up in the shadow of his older, titled brother, Bram, who was born from his mother's first marriage. Even his own father seemed to prefer his stepson, while Max went largely unnoticed. As the brothers grew into young men, Bram began looking for a bride. Among the contenders was Juliet White, a dear friend to Max, though he was secretly deeply in love with her. As with most other people, she preferred Bram. When Bram decides to
Katinka (Unquietly Me)
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Max and Juliet are caught kissing at a party. Max offers to do the right thing and marry her, but Juliet marries a rich old aristocrat instead because reasons. Flash forward to present day, Juliet is now a widow and Max is a marquess, and they've become frenemies. Max resents her because he was in love with her, whereas she had misinterpreted his kiss as one of comfort. She truly was an innocent because his kiss was all passion and hunger, and I don't know how she could see it otherwise. Juliet' ...more
Romancing the Book
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, romance
Reviewed by Rachel
Book provided by publisher
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

I love Max. That’s okay to say right? I LOVE HIM. I wish I could tell you why. I wish I could list all the amazing characteristics that make him one of the best heroes I’ve read about in a long time.

I can’t.

Because, well, basically, it’s everything.

He’s cocky, but not too cocky, he’s wicked smart, he’s sensual, he’s funny…Need I go on? He’s basically everything I want in a good old fashioned regency rake.

The whole
Hart's Reader Group
This is the second book of Ms. Lorret's that I've read. I am finding that her books are just the right amount of sexy, romance, and heartwarming.

This story had everything; intrigue, sexy-times, wit, humor, the haute ton, delicious, possessive nobleman, and an intelligent noblewoman.

The back story was a little annoying, especially since the lack of communication between H/h was at fault for most of their current animosity. If they had just been honest with each other when they met up again, they
Zaxs Yacs
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

As a young, penniless gentleman, Maxwell Harwick knew he had little to offer Juliet White—the most beautiful debutante of the season—except his love, and one thoroughly scandalous kiss. But when they were discovered in a compromising position, a nearly ruined Juliet fled into the arms of a rich, older lord… taking Max’s heart with her.

Now a widow, Lady Juliet Granworth intends to use the fortune she inherited from her odious husband to build a new life in London. Five years have passed, but she’

Barbara
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-books
Max and Juliet have been estranged for 5 years....we have met them in the previous books and their animosity towards each other is epic. Max is bitter because he was in love with Juliet and wanted to marry her. Had the ring and everything, but when he goes to pick her up for their elopement he discovers she has gone off and married another man.

Fast forward 5 years, and they are arguing over the townhouse where Juliet grew up. She wanted to purchase it but when Max found out, he bought it. Now th
Funmbi
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
In all honesty, Max’s and Juliet’s book is really the one I’ve been waiting for since the beginning of the Season’s Original series. When a Marquess Loves a Woman doesn’t disappoint because the drama is angsty and romance is juicy!

I thoroughly enjoy When a Marquess Loves a Woman. Historical Romance fans will love this, especially those who are looking for an intense enemies-to-lovers story.

***Read the full review at We So Nerdy!
Lapis Lazuli
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: storici
Due bellissimi personaggi un po' sprecati con una trama inutile. Mi piacevano molto quando erano solo comparse nei romanzi prededenti della serie, ma qui sono stati un po' una delusione. La storia parte bene all'inizio, con battute frizzanti, poi si dilunga inutilmente, come se l'autrice ci mettesse dentro di tutto per allungare il brodo. Si riprende leggermente sul finale, ma scade di nuovo con un epilogo lunghissimo (e di nuovo inutile e melenso). Molto meglio il romanzo prima di questo.
Luz Trevino
Loved it! Ms Lorret writes the most wonderful characters and stories. If this is the end of the series, it ended very well.
Max was a wonderful hero, who truly loved Juliet. He saw who she truly was and not what the ton said. I loved it when he would surprise her with those gifts. Of course the best one was where he was taking her on their honeymoon...A tour of libraries. Very swoon worthy hero.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 05, 2016 08:11PM
  • Dirty Deeds (Mechanics of Love, #3)
  • Lessons in Gravity (Study Abroad, #2)
  • All I Want for Christmas Is a Duke
  • Hot Summer Lust
  • Taken (Under the Skin, #3)
  • The Lie and the Lady (Winner Takes All, #2)
  • My Fair Duchess (Dukes Behaving Badly, #5)
  • Scandal Takes the Stage (The Wicked Quills of London, #2)
  • How the Duke Was Won (The Disgraceful Dukes, #1)
  • Lady Charlotte's First Love (The Sutherland Sisters, #2)
  • Duke of My Heart (Season for Scandal, #1)
  • The Outlaw and the Lady (Daughters of Fortune, #1)
  • The Duke of Dark Desires (The Wild Quartet, #4)
  • Six Degrees of Scandal (Scandalous, #4)
  • The Legend of Lyon Redmond (Pennyroyal Green, #11)
  • In Search of Scandal (London Explorers, #1)
  • The Trouble with True Love (Dear Lady Truelove, #2)
  • Chasing Lady Amelia (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #2)
USA Today bestselling author VIVIENNE LORRET transforms copious amounts of tea into words. She is an Avon author of works including the Wallflower Wedding series, the Rakes of Fallow Hall series, the Season’s Original series, and the Misadventures in Matchmaking series. For more information on her books, please sign up for her newsletter @ www.vivlorret.net

Season's Original (3 books)
  • The Debutante Is Mine (Season's Original, #1)
  • This Earl is on Fire (Season's Original #2)