Start by marking “The Whole30 Cookbook: 150 Delicious and Totally Compliant Recipes to Help You Succeed with the Whole30 and Beyond” as Want to Read:

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  681 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
Still think the Whole30 is a diet? Not with recipes like these.

The groundbreaking Whole30 program has helped countless people transform their lives by bringing them better sleep, more energy, fewer cravings, weight loss, and new healthy habits that last a lifetime. In this cookbook, best-selling author and Whole30 co-creator Melissa Hartwig delivers over 150 all-new recip
Published December 6th 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

To ask other readers questions about The Whole30 Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Whole30 Cookbook

Taylor
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this cookbook! Most of the recipes are wins, several have made their way into my favorite dishes to make (North African Chicken with roasted carrots? ❤ Forever and ever. Pork tenderloin and apple carrot sauerkraut is my new favorite way to eat pork and cabbage ), and I still have a bunch of pages marked for more winter appropriate dishes. I can’t recommend this book enough. Everything is so tasty! Highly recommend trying this if you’re looking to cut out processed sugar. Everything is so ...more
Christine
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've marked lots of recipes that look tasty!
Vonnie Jeffers
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All the recipes sound wonderful. Very well written and the photos are fantastic!
Courtney
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Will be starting the whole30 revolution in January! Wish me luck :)
Mary
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are a lot of great recipes in this book. They are written in a way that's easy to follow. Every one was a hit. They don't sound too impressive by the names alone but they are balanced, full of flavor and satisfying. I didn't fully appreciate them until I started trying other Whole30 or Paleo recipes from the internet. My favorites from this book include Bistro Breakfast Salad, Sausage-Mushroom Frittata, Asian Beef Zoodle Soup, and Asian Sesame Chicken Salad. A few of the recipes can be use ...more
Kelly
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have made many recipes from this book, and every one has been very good. We especially like the Thai Coconut Chicken Soup, Autumn Hash, Italian Meatball Soup, and Cuban Spiced Pork Tenderloin.

The organization of the book and photographs are very good. The "Introduction" and additional tips for each recipe are very informative. In looking for "substitutes" for many things while eating Whole 30 and Paleo, I found the "Sauces and Dressings" and "Basics" sections to be extremely helpful. The exten
Linda Cain
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1st-reads
An excellent book. Lots of great recipes .... we are continuing try out new ones.
I really like the Whole 30 cooking method for people with different sensitivities and diet needs. After years of dealing with and cooking for family members with food allergies, sensitivities ( grains,dairy, sulfites, etc.) it is refreshing to find a cookbook like The Whole 30 Cookbook with healthy appealing recipes to help people feel better through becoming more aware of common "food triggers" which affect their
Diane Moore
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lots of interesting recipes. I bought this and the Whole30 book at the same time because I was starting the Whole30 with two friends in just a couple of days. I really did not need this book as I am a fairly accomplished cook and can easily determine what I could make that would be compliant. But for someone who is not used to cooking and avoiding processed foods, there are some great tips and recipes in this book.
Trish
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a much more extensive set of recipes for doing a Whole30, than just the original book. Super helpful! But beware! A lot of the recipes are combination recipes that will take a bit more time than originally expected. Still, very tasty and helpful with providing ideas for creative food combinations, whether you're doing the Whole30 or not
Kimberly
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I can’t really say that I would make the majority of these recipes. Most are beyond my skill, comfort, or budget level. However, it gives you ideas of ways to cook in the whole 30 style, and especially helpful for me, are the many different spice combinations you can use in a lot of recipes. That is an area where I struggle.
Ginger
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
These recipes are a little more fancy than the original book. They take a little more time. Some ingredients are hard to find. Sometimes I feel that when I'm cooking these things that I'm missing the point of whole30. Just eat Whole Foods. It doesn't have to be difficult.

That being said, there are lots of yummy things things here.
Sidney
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
If you prefer holding a book vs reading online, or are in the mood to create more labor intensive meals, make the investment. The introduction/philosophy behind the whole30 concept was helpful, but most of it is also available on-line. I found the recipes to be a good jumping off point for easier recipes, but I preferred recipes that I found on-line.
Sandra Simmons
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A terrific book that is filled with recipes that make everyone at our table happy. With all our food sensitivities we have managed to be satisfied with the Whole 30 meals.
Love this book and just purchased the fast and easy version of this Whole30.

Diana Thomsen
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a very nice cookbook. Pretty, too! And it includes ingredients that I've actually heard of, which helps. Still not sure why it's okay to serve cauliflower rice if you're trying to avoid things that the brain can substitute as a grain, but it's delicious, so who cares.
Mary
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful recipes that make following Whole30 tastier and easier.
Suzanne Crim Ferro
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Did not care for many of the recipes in this book.
Jane Ryan
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book on self-care and how to definitively determine what your food allergies are for optimal health.
Alexis
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Some good recipes that worked out, others were just ok.
Jessica
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good variety of dishes. Simple to understand each recipe.
Nancy
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway-wins
I received as a goodreads giveaway!! Just in time for the new year!! Thank you, I cannot wait to try some of the yummy recipes!!
Miriam Jacobs
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good recipes and ideas for keeping your body grain-free.
Kylene
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: healthy, signed, reread, yummy
Great recipes!
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
My go to cookbook!
Beth Polebaum
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Try the Moroccan Chicken and Carrot-Pistachio Slaw on page 143. Spectacular! I’m also going to try the Spicy Cacao-Orange Almonds on p. 275 for our Super Bowl party.
Christina
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
loved it and want to buy this cookbook! i borrowed from the library.
Best SlideShare
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom
Kate Puleo Unger
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Since doing an official Whole30 in September, I have been trying to cook Whole30 whenever possible. When I heard this cookbook was coming out, I knew I had to have it. I got Jim to buy it for me for Christmas. Since then I have made many recipes from this cookbook, and I have loved them all. I don't want to give an official star rating on this book, but if you're looking for a healthy way of eating, I highly recommend Whole30. And being prepared with good recipes makes that program possible. The ...more
Jan 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
I found very little to recommend this book. I found the recipes and ingredients inaccessible. Too many ingredients for the average Joe home cook and weird ingredients, too. Like what the heck are coconut aminos? And I guess it's allowed in Whole30, but I didn't love seeing so many potato- and starched-based recipes, which I consider essentially junk food, in a healthy eating cookbook.
Angie
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am giving the Whole30 a try and am finding this cookbook really helpful. Unlike some diet cookbooks, the recipes are actually interesting and ones I want to try out. I have already tried a couple and they are hits. I especially appreciated the section on basics like sauces and such and the introduction that explains Whole30.
Melissa Hartwig is a Certified Sports Nutritionist who specializes in helping people change their relationship with food and create life-long, healthy habits. She is the co-creator of the Whole30 program, the New York Times bestselling co-author of The Whole30 and It Starts With Food, and the author of Food Freeedom Forever and The Whole30 Cookbook.

Melissa has been featured by Dr. Oz, The Today S

$7.99 $1.99
    $27.99 $2.99
  • Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Dakota: A Spiritual Geography (Dakotas)
  • Restless: Because You Were Made for More