Jump to ratings and reviews

From Manhattan with Love #2

Sunset in Central Park

In the chaos of New York, true love can be hard to find, even when it's been right under your nose all along…

Love has never been a priority for garden designer Frankie Cole. After witnessing the fallout of her parents' divorce, she's seen the devastation an overload of emotion can cause. The only man she feels comfortable with is her friend Matt—but that's strictly platonic. If only she found it easier to ignore the way he makes her heart race…

Matt Walker has loved Frankie for years but, sensing how fragile she is beneath her feisty exterior, has always played it cool. But then he uncovers new depths to the girl he's known forever and doesn't want to wait a moment longer. He knows Frankie has secrets and has buried them deep, but can Matt persuade her to trust him with her heart and kiss him under the Manhattan sunset?

384 pages, Mass Market Paperback

First published July 14, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Sarah Morgan

819 books5,134 followers
About Sarah

USA Today and Sunday Times bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes romance and contemporary women's fiction and her trademark humour and warmth have gained her fans across the globe. Sarah lives near London, England, and when she isn't reading or writing she loves being outdoors.

SNOWED IN FOR CHRISTMAS is out now! Watch out for Sarah's next summer novel, Summer Wedding (UK title)/The Island Villa (US title) coming in May.

Join Sarah on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorSarahM...
Follow Sarah on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SarahMorgan_
Follow Sarah on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahmorgan...
Follow Sarah on Pinterest: https://uk.pinterest.com/SarahMorgan_/
Website: www.sarahmorgan.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
316 (4%)
1 star
95 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 789 reviews
Profile Image for Ⓐlleskelle - That ranting lady ッ.
982 reviews765 followers
August 30, 2016
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️5 STARS⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I’ve made no secret of the fact that I fell in love with a new author this past summer… How would you call binging on 7 books in a row? An author crush? I think it’s a little more than that. Sarah Morgan and I are more than just a fling you know!? ;)

I discovered her after a friend of mine recommended her if I was in a small town romance kind of mood, I had never heard of her before and it’s a wonder, truly, since I now know Sarah Morgan has published over 75 books. (Yes, I’ve got some catching up to do, but how fab is it to know I have all of these to look forward to?)

Anyway, I started with the third book from The Manhattan series and OMG, you guys, I just couldn’t get enough of it! (Sorry, OCD people, but these can truly be read as standalone novels, suck it up!) The characters, a trio of fun and feisty young women launching their own catering / concierge services in New York after being all let down by their employer.

Eva, Frankie and Paige are thick as thieves for many years now, they met in college and got each others’ back through men’s troubles, work ordeals and family problems.

Sunset in Central Parkfocuses on Frankie, the flower genius of the group, Paige is the organizer, Eva the passionate cook.

Frankienever had such luck with men, part of her lack of success in the dating department is due to the fact that her mother is a man eater. Back on Puffin Island, where she grew up, her mom had a reputation to go through men, eat them up and spit them out, not without taking a cut of their welfare in the process.
Franki always felt judged and compared to her mom in that aspect, to the point of being distressed by what people might think of her. She left the island the day she went to college and never set back a foot there since then. Too much memories and what would the people of Puffin Island might think of her?

Matt is Paige’s older brother and moved up to New York as well, he is in fact the generous landlord of our three friends, being the owner of a restored brownstone in Brooklyn.
He’s intrigued and thinks he’s got Frankie all figured out. In a way, she’s a bit like Claws, the cat Matt rescued and adopted as a pet… He just have to get close enough to show her he cares.

And Matt was relentless and determined to get to Frankie. I just loved him so much. Patient but tenacious, gentle but strong… Oh how I loved watching him taming Frankie, drawing her out. He was the perfect match for her. She’s going to let go of her self esteem issues and regain confidence with Matt, in a truly swooning friends to lovers tale.

To conclude, this book worked on so many levels for me, the best friend’s older brother trope, the emotionally damaged but strong heroine, the nice guy with underlying alpha vibes (hidden caveman tendencies!), the tight friendship between 3 great women, the slow paced romance, the building sexual tension and the secondary characters… (Be on the look out for Roxy and James short story this december! )

The romance was sweet and sexy and Sarah Morgan did a fantastic job by mixing emotional issues without ever falling too deep or the issues being to heavy all the while not feeling like she was just brushing over them.

And I cannot finish this review without mentioning the banter. Playful and witty, the dialogues are definitely something that seduces me about Sarah Morgan’s books. I also loved the Fairy Tales / Cinderella puns and references all through the series. Never failed to make me smile or laugh out loud!

-You two would be perfect together. Him with all his strong family values and you with the whole Cinderella thing.
-What Cinderella thing? You want me to wear rags and clean his apartment?

So many feels for this love story, the perfect happy place for me!

More reviews and book talk at :

You can find me here too ☞
Profile Image for Claire.
2,303 reviews704 followers
June 29, 2016
5 - "It doesn't get any more perfect." Stars!

There is just something about Sarah Morgan’s writing and characterisations that draws me in as a reader. I think we all connect more with certain authors, and this is an author that works for me in every way.

Being the second full book in the author’s From Manhattan With Love series, if you have read the predecessor, as a reader you are already well introduced to Matt Walker and Frankie Cole, this series is based around three women making it in the Big Apple, and as such their lives as well as their careers are very much intertwined. I think this is one of the main things that the author excels at with her books, although they can all be read as standalones if you put them together and read any of her series in sequence, you are given a story that is just perfectly balanced in relation to character growth, emotional connection and plot development.

"One day when you least expect it, you’re going to fall in love."

Urban Genie was born in the last book after the girls were unceremoniously made redundant from their old event planners company, and now a few months down the line Paige, Eva and Frankie are making quite the name for themselves as the company to go-to for any and all of your needs. Be it dog walking, cake baking or flower arranging, to the big corporate events and weddings they were used to handling at their old employers. But for Frankie it’s all about the plants, and roof garden design in particular. Something she hasn’t had a lot of chance to do since starting up the new business, but Matt, being a close friend, and Paige’s brother is short a designer on his latest project and Frankie is the woman he wants for the job.

"I’ve never been afraid of complicated… I’ve never been the kind of guy who thinks something worth having has to be easy to get."

Oh my WOW, Sarah literally blew the ball out of Battery Park and into the hemisphere with this book, I love a romance where it isn’t rushed, this is a couple that have known each other for years and years, Matt thinks he knows all there is to know about Frankie, but as he delves deeper and tries to get to know her more as a woman he is and has always been attracted to, he starts to realize just how much there is that he doesn’t know, mainly because this is a woman who over the years has managed to throw up barriers and road-blocks to keep herself distanced and emotionally unavailable to anybody but her two closest girl-friends. The reasons for that become apparent as the book progresses, and if like me you are a girl/woman who has struggled with confidence for any reason in the past/present or the future you are going to feel a little kinship with this character.

We get to go back to Puffin Island through the progress of this couple’s story, and catch up with all the characters from that series as well, which was a major plus, but for me it just added to the building of the deeper connection between Matt and Frankie on a romantic level, as he literally stands beside her, faces her fears with her. The Island doesn’t hold a lot of good memories for her, and he makes it his mission to give her a whole new set of good ones to take the bad away.

"I’m terrified of loving you… But I’m even more terrified of losing you."

This is one of those books that sucks you in, in all honesty I think every book I have read by the author has done that, but there is something just a little bit special with this story, I don’t know whether its due to the fact I kind of related to Frankie, or it’s just because the author has a way of bringing you into every aspect of the story as its being told.

I have never been to New York, but I could just see everything that is described in the book as if I had, and the same happens wherever she takes you.

"This is New York City. The most romantic destination on the planet."

It most certainly is when Sarah Morgan is writing about it anyway! Miracle on 5th Avenue is due in October, Eva finally gets her HEA, and around Christmas as well, the author excels at her Christmas romance offerings so I cannot wait to read it.

ARC generously provided via Netgalley, and it was an absolute pleasure to provide the above honest review.
Profile Image for Wendy'sThoughts.
2,632 reviews3,209 followers
June 22, 2016
3.5 Learning to Trust and Love Stars
* * * 1/2

This had the friends to lovers theme but was more than that. You had a woman who had been crippled and held hostage in her decision to never believe in HEA's ... that love never lasted and people and relationships are doomed to fail.... this all due to her horrific experience with parents who behaved so poorly... A father who cheated and then dumped the mother when the daughter was only 14- The mother who was devastated, mourning for months the death of her marriage leaving the girl to fend for herself and afraid to leave her mother alone. Then if that wasn't bad enough... the mother does a reversal and becomes the "other woman" with whomever will have her... age, marriage, whatever... never an issue as she works to turn back the clock and regain the feelings of youth and attractiveness. Damaging stuff....

So we have this woman who found solace in gardens and flowers... she learned everything she can and now is an accomplished florist working with her best friends in the new event company they have started.

The fella in this story is the brother of one of the business partners and best friends. He has a landscaping/design firm which does unique roof top gardens in Manhattan and all around. He is selective of what projects he takes on and is becoming successful.

These two are best buddies. She feels she can be herself and not have to play a part- she is lousy at that...Her formative years did not include dating, proms or anything positive about man/woman relations. Everything had been negative, as all thought she was like her mother... easy... so she doesn't know how to take a compliment or flirt or play man/woman games....

When these two are put into a situation where sparks start to flash, our girl is flummoxed... they are friends... is he flirting with her...and what the hell should she say....GAH....

This is a tale of learning to trust again...of being yourself and owning it. Of realizing that just because you may get hurt... it is the risk you take for the type of reward love can bring.
It is part of a series and although I had not read the first one, I was fine with reading this. The friendships of these women joined by growing up together, moving to New York City and also working in this new venture is very solid. We understand each of their personalities and Eva is the next gal who will get her HEA.

This was a new author for me and her style was easy to read. The story was sweet, did take a bit of patience...But overall I enjoyed it.

A gifted copy was provided by Harlequin (US & Canada) via NetGalley for an honest review.

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways
Profile Image for Nicola.
1,393 reviews241 followers
June 22, 2016
Sarah Morgan is one of my discoveries of the year and everything about her stories, couples and writing works for me. Having loved Sleepless in Manhattan and Midnight at Tiffany's, I was excited to dive into Sunset in Central Park, and it doesn't disappoint.

description

The best-friends older brother trope is one of my absolute favourites and I always appreciate a story paced to create build-up between the couple in question. And when you have a heroine who isn't a believer in love or happy ever afters, you know the hero is going to have his work cut out.

"Romance has the same effect on me as garlic does on vampires."

I've said characters are relatable before but seriously, Frankie is frighteningly like me. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to the reader; guarded and a stubborn to the point of frustration I'm sure she'll be a character that splits reader opinion. But from her independence and love of alone time, to her no mess way with words, her honesty, awkwardness with complements, inability to flirt, horror at the thought of people hugging her, yet fierce love for her closest friends, she's remarkably similar to me; I related hugely to her and whilst I'm certainly not saying I love myself, I did love her.

"He was a man in a million."

Patient, gentle and absolutely resolute that he and Frankie are right for one another and determined to show her what she's missing out on, Matt Walker is a very sexy guy in a quietly confident and unassuming way and I was cheering him on from the start. And when he uttered almost the exact same words that my husband said to me on our first date, he completely stole my heart.

description

With Paige, Jake and Eva each bringing personality and life to the story with their humour, banter and lovely touching moments, plus the introduction of Roxy and James (I sense something brewing there), Sunset in Central Park was a delight to read.

description

I can't wait to return to Manhattan for Eva's story later this year; if it's as strong as Paige and Jake's, and Frankie and Matt's, then I'll be singing from the top of the Rockefeller Centre.

Copy received courtesy of Harlequin via NetGalley for an honest and unbiased opinion.
Profile Image for Fanny.
2,109 reviews54 followers
September 6, 2018

Sunset In Central Park es el segundo libro de la saga From Manhattan With Love y narra la historia de Frankie y Matt, personajes secundarios en el primer libro.

Si he de ser completamente sincera tengo que decir que la historia de Frankie no era la que mas deseaba leer, me intrigaba mucho mas saber la forma en la que Eva llegaria a conocer a su enamorado, aun asi debo reconocer que esta novela me resulto muy amena, entretenida y ligera, y si no la lei en menos tiempo no fue porque no me estuviera gustando sino a que en los ultimos dias apenas he tenido tiempo de respirar y mucho menos de dedicarle a esta lectura todo el tiempo que queria.

Matt y Frankie no se convertiran en una de las parejas mas memorables sobre la que haya leido, pero su relacion me parecio muy romantica y dulce. Ademas ella con sus inseguridades y el siendo un cachito de pan consiguieron ganarse mi cariño.

Sunset In Central Park es una novela muy recomendable, es justo lo que parece a simple vista : un libro sentimental muy bien escrito.

Ahora solo me queda esperar a que se publique en español el libro de Eva, espero que no me decepcione.

3.25 Estrellas!
Profile Image for Floripiquita.
1,327 reviews150 followers
August 15, 2019
3 raspadito. Este segundo libro de la serie From Manhattan With Love narra la historia de Frankie y Matt, personajes secundarios en el primer libro, y es un friends to lovers de manual. Mejor que el primero, me ha parecido un libro entretenido pero nada del otro jueves, pues la historia es muy parecida a otras ya existentes. Frankie es un buen personaje y Matt es perfecto, un chico bueno con envoltorio de chico malo, pero casi no hay conflicto y el que hay, se soluciona en un pispás. Es como un soufflé demasiado dulce y, de tan ligero, su recuerdo se evapora casi al acto tras haberlo leído.
Profile Image for Jennifer.
1,721 reviews6,662 followers
December 31, 2016
★★★½
Sunset in Central Park is the second installment in Sarah Morgan's adult chick-lit/contemporary romance series titled From Manhattan with Love. I have been thoroughly enjoying this series. Ms. Morgan offers romance, humor, and very likable characters in a New York City setting which I love visualizing. Each book features a different heroine/hero and this allows the books to be read in any order.

Sunset in Central Park's heroine bordered a bit on the depressive side for my personal taste (hiding under a cranky/feisty facade) but her historical and presenting stressors were well-communicated to solicit reader empathy. The hero will already be known to readers who have read other books in this series and I appreciated the many, many cameos by other characters I've previously read and come to love. Thankfully, the heroine eventually finds her optimism, the romance blossoms along with her self-confidence and growing confidence in others, and all the fears she had about returning to her childhood home become joyfully unfounded. These aren't spoilers. You already know this series is one big happily ever after. Just enjoy the ride :)

My favorite quote:
“Don’t you want someone to snuggle up to at night?” “No. This way I never have to fight for the duvet, I can sleep diagonally across the bed and I can read until four in the morning.” “A book can’t take the place of a man!” “I disagree. A book can give you most things a relationship can. It can make you laugh, it can make you cry, it can transport you to different worlds and teach you things. You can even take it out to dinner. And if it bores you, you can move on.”

Sarah Morgan's From Manhattan with Love series includes the following installments as of December 2016:
#0.5: Midnight at Tiffany's
#1: Sleepless in Manhattan
#2: Sunset in Central Park
#3: Miracle on 5th Avenue
#4: New York, Actually
#5: Meet Me in the Hamptons
#6: Moonlight over Manhattan
Midnight at Tiffany's (From Manhattan with Love, #0.5) by Sarah Morgan Sleepless in Manhattan (From Manhattan with Love, #1) by Sarah Morgan Sunset in Central Park (From Manhattan with Love, #2) by Sarah Morgan Miracle on 5th Avenue (From Manhattan with Love, #3) by Sarah Morgan New York, Actually (From Manhattan with Love, #4) by Sarah Morgan Meet Me in the Hamptons (From Manhattan with Love #5) by Sarah Morgan Moonlight over Manhattan (From Manhattan with Love #6) by Sarah Morgan
Profile Image for Rose.
401 reviews592 followers
July 10, 2016
uuUUuuUgh

women who don't want marriage =/= women who are emotionally damaged

I really like this book, but women decide to not to get married for a million other reasons than daddy issues. IT'S 2016, JESUS.

-------

Everything about this book screamed 'cute' and 'fun', to me. I never would've thought it would be so raw and honest, but I enjoyed it overall.

DEFINITELY some issues in gonna rant about, but Matt was the saving grace and all that~*~

AAAAAND, it reminded me so much of (queen) Lauren Layne's Sex, Love, & Stiletto series I adore (and will probably be rereading after this), sooo.. ❤️❤️
Profile Image for Chris  C - A Midlife Wife.
1,471 reviews260 followers
August 25, 2016
I really enjoyed this book! It's almost like a friend to lovers story but it's so much more than that too.

You have a girl who has never experienced a relationship that worked well, including with her own parents. Yet she does have two best girlfriends and the brother of one of those girlfriends, Matt, which makes up her family.

Matt, Matt, Matt. Sigh.... He's known Frankie her entire life and has cared for her for years but has never said anything because he realized how fragile she is. He is soooo sweet!

This story is a testament to how patience and helping someone with their self-esteem can really blossom into a beautiful relationship. With slow careful steps, we get to see the romance unfold and watch Frankie becoming comfortable in her own skin and excepting herself.

The author did a wonderful job capturing and creating a beautiful personality in Matt and I totally enjoyed the developing romance and the acceptance of self worth by Frankie.

A delightful sweet read with a good amount of heat, as well, this book surprised me in many ways.
Profile Image for CL.
1,061 reviews17 followers
June 15, 2016
 photo LIASOM_zps9e498f89.png

“I disagree. A book can give you most things a relationship can. It can make you laugh, it can make you cry, it can transport you to different worlds and teach you things. You can even take it out to dinner. And if it bores you, you can move on. Which is pretty much what happens in real life.”

ARC received from: Netgalley

Rating: 3*

Trope: Friend's brother

Chemistry: Low boil

One-Sentence Summary: A relationship-phobe falls in love with her best friend's perfect brother

Review: For all those longterm fans of Sarah Morgan out there, you'll be as pleased as I am to learn that this book revisits the setting and characters from her previous trilogy and a large chunk of the story takes place on Puffin Island. Yay! It was a real pleasure to go back to that idyllic setting and make a pit-stop in the lives of those couples.

For those of you who have never read the Puffin Island books then a) you're missing out but, b) don't worry, it's not a prerequisite to enjoying this book.

Focusing on the central romance in this book though, I have to say I was a tad disappointed. It's always interesting to read a romance where the guy is more invested in the relationship than the girl and has been pining away for awhile, and I liked Matt for that. However, I have to say he was just a bit too perfect to be a nice match for Frankie.

As for Frankie, I really liked her at the start because we have a lot in common (book > socialising) but man she had enough issues to sink Puffin Island. I get it, we all have issues as do our heroes and heroines, that's what makes their stories interesting but it seemed that all the characters were focused on in this book were these issues: Frankie herself and Matt and all her friends spent a huge proportion of time talking about her issues, discussing her issues and using her issues as an excuse etc. etc. It just weighed down the book so much for me that when Frankie started to let herself enjoy being with Matt, I wondered if this was even still the same character!

Originally posted @ Love's A State Of Mind
Profile Image for Jo.
957 reviews200 followers
September 29, 2020
“Romance has the same effect on me as garlic does on vampires.”

Frankie is such a cynic, who doesn’t believe that love lasts. I loved her and how prickly she was, how loyal she was to her friends and her love of books and coffee made me love her even more. Anyone who can understand the importance of reading food is someone I would love to know. Because of her parents and how their marriage ended when she was fourteen and also her mother’s behaviour since then, has made her believe than no relationship, no love will last. She refuses to believe in either. And her attraction to her best friend’s brother confuses freaks her out and once she realises he’s interested too she does everything she can to push him away.

“I’ve never been afraid of complicated, Frankie. I’ve never been the kind of guy who thinks something worth having has to be easy to get.”

Matt was amazing. His patience with Frankie made me fall in love with him. He’s been interesting in Frankie for a long time, but he’s been giving her space, hoping that time would make her overcome her fears. He thought he knew everything about her, but when he realises that he doesn’t, he decided it was time to make his move and nothing she did could stop his determination. I loved how hard he pursued her, how he tried to get her to trust him and in them as a couple. Their romance was so fantastic and sexy and I loved it.

Next is Eva’s book, the hopeless romantic who has been wishing so long for someone special of her own and I can’t wait to read her book.

I loved this book and once again Sarah Morgan has shown why I love her romances. Her writing is excellent and engaging and I love the romance and her great characters. The friendship between Frankie, Paige and Eva is so beautiful and wonderful to read. A definite must read for all romance fans.

Profile Image for Sam (AMNReader).
1,227 reviews261 followers
January 24, 2018
Shelving this as brother's best friend even though it's best friend's brother...cause...convenient.

It was a sweet story; I don't have too many negatives. My major problem was the hero (Matt) was utterly perfect. I think he might've been a protective jackass of his sister in the prior book, but here he makes no mistakes. None. He even knew how to handle Frankie's reluctance better than her own best friend. He shows her great sex the first time. He makes her realize she needs to move on from her past, while simultaneously convincing her to start a future with him. Matt's been in love with Frankie since forever.

He's a miracle worker. If this sounds snarky, maybe it's meant to be....the book was light and readable but if I were looking for a hero similar to this I'd probably fall back to Wild at Whiskey Creek (of course)...or friends to lovers that is Sutphin Boulevard with a patient, steady, dependable guy, or slow burn new to each other but friends first The Hot Shot

It was cute, and I won't hesitate to read another, but it's just not my favorite the genre has to offer.
Profile Image for Pilar S.C..
Author 10 books188 followers
February 11, 2022
Una novela maravillosa, con un humor elegante y un valor profundo hacia la amistad y el amor. Los personajes son extremadamente fantásticos y la trama, cautivadora.

Sin duda, Morgan se posiciona entre las primeras de mis escritoras favoritas de romántica contemporánea.
Profile Image for Jultri.
1,056 reviews7 followers
December 29, 2019
Frankie is bestie with Matt's sister and consequently has known Matt since almost forever. They're comfortable with one another, neighbours, good mates - you get the drift. Only Matt feels more than neighbourly/brotherly towards Frankie but Frankie is a tortured soul, who won't allow any man to get too close to her in a non-platonic way. She's been screwed big time by her promiscuous parents as an impressionable adolescent. They eventually divorced, but only after they had severely damaged their daughter with their immorality and self-serving behaviours. She has not onlysworn off men but also the concept of love and fidelity.

Matt's patience is endless and he chips away at her resistance in little non-threatening nibbles. Frankie is frustratingly rigid in her thinking. Yes, her parents did the dirty on her as well as on one another, but there are plenty of couples around her that have proven that love can be lasting. She has spent her life trying to distance herself from her mother and Matt is the man her father never was. So why would she think their relationship is doomed?

The narration can be annoying at times, especially the voicing of Eva, one of her two best friends is particularly grating, which is a pity, as she is the most interesting and amusing of the three of them. My first by this author, but I will consider trying out Eva's story. Maybe reading it next time.
Profile Image for DJ Sakata.
3,007 reviews1,736 followers
September 2, 2016
Favorite Quotes:

She's crying like a waterfall after heavy rain. I'm starting to understand why they call it a bridal shower.

She was the female equivalent of a hand grenade, a small curved object designed to cause maximum destruction.

I joke about women being difficult to read but Paige is pretty much an open book and as for Eva - she's not just an open book, she's an audiobook. Everything she feels comes out of her mouth with no filter.

She imagined the autopsy report: death by sexual frustration.

What if there's a fire in the night? A hot fireman might come and rescue you and you'll be wearing this ugly gray thing... Your wardrobe is an abomination.

I had this secret and it was so huge it was as if another person had moved in with us. It sat at the dining table, and lay in my bed. I could never get away from it.

My Review:

I loved the first book in these series - Sleepless in Manhattan - and my delight continues with book two. Sunset In Central Park has packed with crisp and witty banter, insightful and angsty inner musings, long buried secrets, emotive and observant writing, steamy goodness, and an entertaining, relevant, and engaging storyline. I adore this author's clever humor and quirky characters and frequently smirked as I read. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of book three, which is promised for November.
Profile Image for Ana.
497 reviews341 followers
July 8, 2016

Originally posted on This Chick Reads

*Copy provided by publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

You know how mothers love their babies even before they first lay their eyes on them? How the moment they found out they are pregnant their whole world changes and they love that little bump with all their heart? THAT is exactly how I feel about Sarah Morgan's books! Each new book Sarah writes, I know I'm gonna love it the minute I hear about it (long before actually reading it). How is that possible, e? Well, I've read so many of her books and I've loved each one so strongly. It's natural that when I hear she's got a new book out I know by default I'm gonna love and devour it. She's my go-to author any time I'm in need of a sweet, tender, exceptionally written romance. It's no secret I'm a huge fan of hers and I believe many will agree with me, Sarah Morgan is one of the best contemporary authors out there.

'Sunset in Central Park' is the second part in From Manhattan with Love trilogy and a book I've been dying to read. Ever since I've read 'Sleepless in Manhattan' (which I've yet to review, but will do it soon) I've been waiting to hear Frankie's story as I totally totally loved that girl. From Manhattan with Love trilogy tells the stories of three friends who work in a same event planning company, then are made redundant and start their own business, but it also follows their friendship and the quest for Mr Right. 'Sunset in Central Park' tells the story of Frankie (the coolest of the trio, in my opinion) and Matt and though there were hints about their possible romance in book #1, in this part we got to finally see and feel more.

Paige seems to have find her HEA, Eva hasn't yet given up on love despite not being the most successful one on that field, but Frankie...oh Frankie is the friend who simply doesn't believe in love. One can't blame her, she's from a family of divorced parents who've pretty selfishly ruined her life on Puffin Island. Her father leaves her mum for a much younger girl (and seems this betrayal wasn't the first one) and her mum starts dating practically every male on Puffin Island as her way to heal her broken heart. Pretty soon Frankie's got a reputation she's earned based on her parents' behavior and finds the only way out by moving to New York, the city where no one knows her and doesn't judge her. Together with her two best friends she moves to NY and rents a flat in Matt's house (Matt is Paige's brother).

Frankie is an amazing character, she's strong, reliable, she's a fantastic friend who'd do anything for Paige and Eva. However, when it comes to love she simply doesn't let herself go with the flow. As I said, her parents' experience is all to blame and she's fine being single. She's very happy and is definitely not the romantic dreamer (unlike Eva). This is why I loved her the most! Once upon a time before meeting my prince, I felt exactly like Frankie. I don't come from a broken home and my parents had and still have a wonderful, solid marriage of +50 years, but I must say, being romantic is not something that comes easily to me. I preferred hanging out with friends, having fun, celebrating my youth and not committing until...until my husband came along.

What I love most about Sarah Morgan's books is the fact she invests so much in her characters, making them feel so real, showing you every side of their personality, all their faults and good sides. But it's exactly because of this that you get to feel them and really know them. Loads of women will connect to either of the three friends, maybe even to all of them. You could be organized as Paige, romantic as Eva, or down to earth and a real tough cookie as Frankie.

It feels kind of weird commenting the romance, as HELLOOOO...this is Sarah Morgan! She creates the MOST AMAZING, HEART WARMING, BREATH TAKING romance stories that leave you with the biggest smile on your face. She's also well know for creating some truly sexy heroes, ad dishy Matt is no exception. He's smart, kind, gentle, friendly..basically everything any woman of any age dreams about. As is always the case with Sarah's books, there's a hint of their chemistry from the beginning, and then it's gradually built, finally exploding in a wonderful romantic moment that will take your breath away.

I absolutely loved each second of it and devoured it in one single sitting. 'Sunset in Central Park' is by all criteria a perfect summer book, so I strongly advise you to grab a copy and start reading now! By far, the easiest 5* I've given this year and I CAN NOT WAIT to read Eva's story.
Profile Image for Sol.
893 reviews208 followers
November 10, 2018
Creo que ya soy fan de esta serie!!! Principalmente por sus personajes y por Nueva York que podría decirse es un personaje mas en estas historias.
Debo confesar que previamente a leerlo pensé que este libro iba a gustarme más que el primero, porque tenía muchas ganas de leer la historia de Matt y Frankie (ella me encantó en el libro de Paige), pero siendo sincera tengo que decir que si bien este me gustó mucho el primer libro me resultó mas interesante, sobre todo por Frankie a la cual por momentos quería matar, Matt es hermoso, eso lo tengo que decir.
Igualmente es un libro fácil de leer, entretenido, ágil, con lindos personajes que ya conocemos y otros que se van sumando y mucho romance, a mi me gustó mucho y ya quiero la historia de Eva!!!
Profile Image for Catherine (The Sassy Bookster).
705 reviews59 followers
August 30, 2016
I am loving this series so very much and to say that it has propelled Ms. Morgan on to my list of favorite authors is very true. I enjoyed the previous book because of the fun and flirty romance, but SUNSET IN CENTRAL PARK has stolen my heart because of the emotions the story evokes. There is just something about watching people who have been friends for a long time realize that there is more between them and try to figure it out that captivates a reader and I think Ms. Morgan captures that poignancy very well.

With a front row seat to the damage caused by her parents' divorce, Frankie Cole's biggest take away is that emotions are destructive and she has avoided getting ensnared by them successfully. But the way Matt Walker makes her feel is testing her resolve in a major way.

Frankie has been the one for Matt for a long time now but her aversion to romantic entanglements has made him hold back. Now he's ready to turn on the heat and he is not going to let her fears rob them of something good, but realizing that he doesn't know Frankie as well as he thought is a sobering thought and he's determined to bring down her walls.

From the previous book we knew Frankie to be the pragmatic one, with her feet solidly planted on firm ground. Well, now we know why. Frankie is very resistant to feelings of any kind and brings to mind a pit bull standing guard over something very precious but you can't help having your heart break for the teenager who had to watch as her parents' marriage blew up, forced to keep adult secrets, forced to watch her mother become a scandal as she tried to reclaim her youth, and tarred with the same brush as her mother. She's internalized all of these negative feelings and built walls around her that no-one can breach except her two best friends. I'm certain a lot of readers can see bits of themselves in Frankie (I know I do) and it makes her easy to relate to, especially for those who have had confidence issues.

Matt is that self-assured and confident guy who is modest but surprises you when he shows his hidden strength and I love that he was so patient and thoughtful with Frankie. Even though he was determined that nothing would come between them, he knew when to push and when to back off.

Returning to Puffin Island was good for Frankie as it helped her make peace with her past and see things differently through the eyes of an adult. Having Matt right there to support her was just perfect.

SUNSET IN CENTRAL PARK is emotional and romantic and a great addition to this series, one I highly recommend. I especially love that this book focuses mostly on Matt and Frankie, with their friends making few appearances.

Disclaimer: I received this book for free from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Want more? Subscribe to my Newsletter on The Sassy Bookster.
Follow me on Twitter | Tumblr | Bloglovin’.
Like my page on Facebook.
Profile Image for Kathryn.
1,439 reviews237 followers
August 31, 2016
Sunset in Central Park by Sarah Morgan is #2 in the From Manhattan With Love trilogy. It is also linked to her Puffin Island series. That said you could read it as a stand alone, but like many a book in a series you would lose the richness and nuances of all the characters.

I again really enjoyed the story of Frankie and Matt, they've been friends for years as Frankie has been good friends with his sister Paige since childhood on Puffin Island. Matt I suspect has long had an eye for Frankie but she hasn't been ready for a relationship. Her parents marriage broke up, she hasn't seen her father since and her relationship with her mother is problematic. However life and Sarah Morgan conspire to bring Frankie and Matt together in a story so well told.

The pacing is great, if something is foreshadowed you the reader don't have to wait for half the book to be read through before it happens. It moves along, never drags and plenty happens. I loved the visit back to Puffin Island to witness the wedding of Ryan and Emily, such a nice touch. If you are a Puffin Island fan, you'll know how happy I was to return. Not so Frankie though, her memories of the place are not good, so don't ask her to go back there.

I enjoyed seeing the business that Paige, Frankie and Eva have set up going from strength to strength. There friendship is strong. We get to glimpse Eva's sadness and I can only anticipate a great Christmas romance coming up for her soon! I know it will be good.

Of course things don't all run smoothly for Frankie and Matt, but honesty, trust and good communication develop and that's something that I like to see between the main couple in a romance story. Frankie is a strong heroine, she is independent and can take care of herself, she doesn't need a man to rescue her, Matt is kind, compassionate and able to listen and wait.

Very satisfying read.
Profile Image for Vi ~ Inkvotary.
638 reviews33 followers
August 15, 2017
Inkvotary
Wow, what an amazing novel. Frankie does incredible creative things, faces her biggest fears and is willing to learn and change. And Matt, what a man! Patient, sex on two legs or in other words: the man of every womans dream. Sarah Morgan has captured me again with a heartwarming, breathtaking and romantic novel where you won´t find a single kitschy word or scene. Her language is sensitive and the way how she describes New York, the Central Park and some other places is absolutely beautiful. It felt like I was back there and enjoying a walk through Central Park. Which I loved to do during my time there. Such a fantastic place. It was also wonderful to see Paige, Eva, Jake and Chase again and little Mia is quite something. Read.
Profile Image for Pat Marín.
Author 4 books258 followers
August 26, 2019
3,5. Me ha encantado seguir con la serie de novelas. Matt es una monada y Frankie tiene sus miedos que tendrá que vencer. Una historia bonita, muy en la línea del anterior. Quizá demasiado. Pero se lee rápido y te entretiene, que es lo que busco en una novela así. Ahora quiero leer el de Eva, creo que será más original por quién es el protagonista masculino.
Profile Image for KAS.
317 reviews3,130 followers
August 31, 2016
Whenever I get my hands on a newly released book by Sarah Morgan, I know I will be in for an enjoyable read. I am also a "series-aholic", and when I need a fix, Sarah is my go to author. But no worries, all of her books are stand alones without cliffhangers. There is an instant connection I have with her endearing characters and scrumpous storylines. The plot line of this "From Manhattan With Love" series revolves around three best friends, Paige, Frankie and Eva, who each get their HEA's with the most appealing men. I am in awe of the deep friendship these three women have for each other.

This is Frankie's and Matt's love story, and it was downright wonderful.

Frankie has tried her whole life not to look or be anything like her mother, who "sleeps around" and is known as the ultimate good time, party girl. Frankie intentionally tries to draw attention away from herself by wearing baggy clothing and big, gawdy glasses. She considers dating a chore and knows she isn't relationship material, so she just stays clear of men.

Hunk-a-lic-ious and completely adorable, Matt, has known Frankie practically all his life, as his sister, Paige, is her best friend. He knows all about her hang ups and the embarrassment she has endured due to her mother's reputation. He also knows he is falling hard and fast for Frankie and needs to prove how good they can be together. Matt is all delicious male, but his personality will just melt your heart.

This is an irresistible friends to lovers romance with a divine cast of characters.

*I received this book in exchange for an honest review*
Profile Image for Olga.
952 reviews137 followers
June 28, 2018
Que bonito es leer algo asi .... es un libro que se lee solo, que sientes a Matt y a Frankie, a New york ( y te hace querer ir a verla con tus ojos)...

Tenia muchas ganas de leer la historia de Frankie y no ha defraudado nada porque es una historia preciosa, de superacion, de conocimiento, de perdon y de amor....

Matt es un personaje redondo, dulce, atento, con un punto de cabezoneria, que no se rinde ante nada y ante nadie por Frankie... que es seguro y maduro para aceptar las cosas como vienen y luchar por ellas.

New york, un personaje mas del libro , con sus escenarios , sus calles, sus atardeceres y su olor,ainssss.

Que gusto saber como les va a los personajes del primer libro y desean conocer ( por fin) la historia de Eva ( seguro que nos va a regalar una historia preciosa).
Profile Image for Sonia.
690 reviews27 followers
February 19, 2019
4,5/5 para esta historia que me ha parecido preciosa; tanto Frankie como Matt me han encantado; ella ha tenido una evolución muy notable durante la historia, con la ayuda de Matt, pero también por ella misma. Si algo puedo decir de Matt es que es demasiado perfecto, pero eso también me ha gustado.
Es el segundo libro que leo de Sarah Morgan y ambos me han gustado mucho; historias de amor románticas, sin sorpresas ni sobresaltos, ni grandes rupturas; sencillas y que te hacen pasar un buen rato.
Profile Image for Cori.
790 reviews132 followers
November 3, 2021
Somehow I ended up with a couple freebie Sarah Morgan Audible listens. In Sarah Morgan's defense, the narrator's strong suit is not male voices, and it created a bit of a nails-on-chalkboard effect that marred the story.

But it was a fun trilogy getting to follow the three friends as they started their own business and all got happily-ever-afters.

I'd rate this an R for swearing and sex smut.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 789 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.