Start by marking “Fatal Identity (Fatal, #10)” as Want to Read:
Fatal Identity (Fatal, #10)

Fatal Identity

(Fatal #10)

Every family has its secrets…

As the first anniversary of her marriage to Vice President Nick Cappuano approaches, Lieutenant Sam Holland is dreaming of Bora Bora -- sun, sand and a desperately needed break from the DC grind. But real life has a way of intervening, and Sam soon finds herself taking on one of the most perplexing cases of her career.

Government worker Josh H
Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Published July 26th 2016 by Hqn

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

This is my first experience of a Marie Force story and although it's book ten of a series, it can be read as a standalone. However, I think maybe this is one of those instances where just because it CAN BE read as an independent story, it doesn't mean that it will work effectively that way for all readers. I felt very much like there was an assumption that readers already had an established relationship with the characters, which of course as a new reader, I didn't and consequently some elements
Jonetta
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Sam Holland is waiting to learn her fate following her assault of fellow detective Ramsey who made fun of her ordeal with Stahl. She faces suspension and possible loss of command, in addition to legal charges. In the middle of all this, Sam’s approached by Josh Hamilton for help in investigating his questionable parentage. He thinks he was stolen as an infant. What makes this explosive? His father is the FBI director.

It was interesting to see Sam blend home an
"Avonna
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am still completely in LOVE with the “Fatal" series from Marie Force! Sam and Nick are right up there with Eve and Rourke from the “In Death” series as my all-time favorite romance series couples. Fatal Identity is the tenth book in the series and it is just as good as the first.

Sam and Nick are about to celebrate their one year wedding anniversary, but it will be a close call to making good on their getaway. Sam is put on suspension for her altercation with Ramsey and is waiting to hear if sh
Corina
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, audiobook
I really, really come to enjoy this series. But especially Sam and Nick.

The police cases are always unique and thrillingly captivating, but I have to honestly say, this time it the shit hit the ceiling. I was glued to my phone, and carried it with me everywhere, including bathroom, so I wouldn't have to press the pause button.

And that scene when she interrogates the wife at the end - OMG - I was driving down the freeway cracking up. I think people thought I was CRAZY!!!!!!

Sam and Nick's relatio
Julie
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it

Fatal Identity by Marie Force is a 2016 HQN publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

After all the terrifying events that took place in ‘Fatal Scandal’, the next book, ‘Fatal Frenzy’ slowed things down and allowed Sam to address some heavy PTSD symptoms, and gave everyone else a chance to deal with the fall out. But, as cathartic as this was, for the characters and perhaps for the reader as well, I was happy to see this tent
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
Irresistible! I wish I could give more than 5 stars! FATAL IDENTITY is another exciting addition to the series, filled with salacious scandals and more of the dreamy goodness of Nick and Sam. I can promise you that once you start reading this book, you won't put it down until the very last word. If you haven't read this series yet, I have one question for you: what are you waiting for?

What do you do if a man walks up to you and accuses one of the most powerful men in the country of kidnapping h
Mo
Oct 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did enjoy it but something was lacking. Maybe things are starting to be a little bit repetitive here. I love Sam ... and Nick. But again, we have Avery, crushing on Sam (what about Shelby?). We have Nick, jealous of Avery. Sam is suspended ... again. This is book 10. It is hard to keep things fresh maybe.

Will I read the next in the series. Probably. But this one was a bit disappointing.

There was a character called "Maura"!
Don't see that name too often in books.

Anne OK
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
Brace yourselves! Book number 10 scores a 10! Marie Force once again has another surefire winner in the magnetic and extraordinary “Fatal” series. After being suspended and sent home, Homicide Lt. Sam Holland can’t seem to escape murder and mayhem when a killer diller case literally shows up on her doorstep – this one involving a high-powered government official. There are plenty of inventive and imaginative twists in this child kidnapping plot. Expect a great mix of deceit, lies and murder that ...more
Mei
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I love this series, I really do, but I'm strarting to think that Nick and Sam are cursed!

They don't get to have a normal life! I got that the vice-president and homicide detective don't have an ordinary life, but for them it does get over the top! They'd not get to stay in bed when ill (fever+barfing...)!!!

Still I appreciated the lifght moments when Sam's snarky side came out! I also like Nick's possessive side, even if it was a little bit exaggerated.

I'l be reading the next one too!
Sunny
4.5 Stars
ARC Review

This series does not get old. Sam and Nick are back and celebrating their one year anniversary. It’s hard to believe that so much has happened in this year and true to form there is another mystery at hand. A young man approaches Samantha, who is suspended for an event that occurred at the end of the last book, because he recognizes himself in an adult rendering of a Missing Child’s picture. He wants Sam to investigate. The catch? He is the son of the current FBI Director. For
Ann
7/28/2016
5 stars! LMAO!!!! Just received an email from the author with a link to an explicit bonus story.... "Fatal Identity: After the Epilogue" from Sam's 1st person POV regarding her prep for her anniversary trip to Bora Bora. This is EXACTLY what I wanted, and was wondering why the author didn't include the deets of this part of the story originally because I imagined it would be hilarious. It was. :D

7/27/2016
4 stars. WOW!!! That was one helluva bizarre case for Sam and crew. No way did I h
Cocktails and Books
4.5 Cocktails

There isn't a book in this series that I haven't adored. FATAL IDENTITY keeps the Sam and Nick train rolling with another fantastic story involving kidnapped children, the FBI and Nick proving why he's my freaking alpha male book husband.

Full review to come.
Anne
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved every book in the Fatal series, and this one is no exception.

Samantha (Sam) Holland has been suspended from her job as Lieutenant of homicide for decking another police officer (totally justified, IMO). As she's leaving the police station, a low-level government worker begs her to look into a case for him -- he thinks he may have been kidnapped as a baby and raised as the son of another man. His "father?" The powerful head of the FBI.

From here, we go on another exciting adventure i
Mandi Schreiner
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom-suspense
I enjoyed this a lot. This is the first I've read of this series - def going back to start at beginning.

Review to come
Vee Paige
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5
After reading a couple of books I couldn't finish, I was afraid I've lost my reading mojo. It seems I just needed an interesting plot, a kickass heroine and a swoonworthy hero. Absolutely loved it. Nick and Sam keep getting better and better. I think Nick as Vice President adds an exciting layer to their relationship. Sam is such a badass and I love her snark. I thought the conflict was easily resolved in the end, but I enjoyed the dynamics of the whole gang in trying to solve the case.

Gonzo
Reen
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sam and Nick's story continues with Fatal Identity. Could the adopted son of the revered FBI Director be the baby kidnapped thirty years ago and never found? Sam is suspended and yet manages to find a way to keep herself involved unofficially. Great story with a few twists and turns, keeping me engaged and reading! The part where Avery has to look after Sam when she falls ill with the flu she caught from Nick and Scotty is quite comical.
Kjen
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars. Sam and Nick's story continues in this strong installment of the Fatal Series. I really think Force isn't slipping at all with this one. Something about the triteness of the last couple of books bugged me. I didn't feel that in this one at all. It was a good story...well told. I didn't see the twist coming at the end. Looking forward to the next!
Vettech
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better....bring on the next book in this amazing series!
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh Marie, you so nailed this one!!!!

If you have followed My Girlfriend's Couch, then you all know that Marie Force is my favorite author. You also know that my world stops when Marie has a new release. You all are in for a treat if you are a fan of Marie's Fatal series. The Cappuano's are back and will take you on an adventure that will leave you guessing until the very last page.

I am not even sure what I can or cannot write in this review without giving the plot away.... This I can tell you, De
Diane
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Marie Force never disappoints with her Fatal Series! Lt. Samantha Holland has just been issued a suspension from the Police Department when a son of the director of the FBI asks for her help in finding out the truth about his origins. With so much on her plate as the wife and "Second Lady" to the VP of the United States and mother to their much loved, adopted son and caring for both who have been inflicted by a nasty case of the flu, then delving into the background of the FBI director, Sam face ...more
Annamaria
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Four Mysterious Stars! This is the tenth book in the Fatal Series and really should be read in order to fully understand it. I have not read any of the previous books so I was a little lost while reading this. Sam is a homicide detective and in this book we find her suspended. She is suspended for 4 days and then we hear about a scandal. The Scandal is about a child who is missing and could be the son of the FBI director. There is also some hot romance with,the hot alpha male Nick. This book is ...more
Debra Presley
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
This is the latest book in the Fatal Series. It's hard to say which one I love more because I love every one of them. Once I start reading one of these books I don't stop until I'm done. I feel like I know every character personally. I love seeing how each of their lives are going. I especially love Sam and Nick. They are perfect together. I can't wait till the next book I have a feeling it's gonna take us on another wild journey.

This book was a good mystery to me and the story line was very in
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
4.5 Stars I have enjoyed every single book in this awesome series. Once in awhile, you meet a couple who just touches your heart, and Nick & Sam is one of those couples for me. Nick continues to be his awesome, supportive, gorgeous, hot self in this book - he ranks high on my book boyfriend list. I loved him in Fatal Identity as he continued to prove what a great husband, father, friend, & VP he is. Sam shows so much growth in this book. She seems to come to terms with all her many roles ...more
Elle Christensen
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was fabulous! This was my first time reading a book in Marie Force’s Fatal series and I have to say, I was a tiny bit lost at times because I haven’t read the others. However, it didn’t take away from my enjoyment of the book AT ALL. Instead, it made me anxious to go back and read the rest! And now I’ll be on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens with these characters next.

One of the things that I absolutely loved about this book is that it isn’t just about one couple. I woul
Dawn
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rating 4.5

Sam and Nick are one of my favorite literary couples and their friends make for some drama and laughs. Marie Force is by far one of my favorite writers and I am a huge fan of both her Fatal Series and her Gansett Island Series. I'm sure I will add her other works to my reading soon.

This is such a weird case and time for Sam. Nick and Scotty are sick, she's just been suspended and a person she doesn't know has asked for and will only speak to the Second Lady. Not a good way to get to t
⚜️Trea
This book has me rather torn. On one hand, it was a decent read, but on the other, it felt very implausible. I hated the Avery situation, especially since he was with Shelby during one part of it, and kept thinking "Why can't he get over Sam?! This is bordering on obsession!" Sam also didn't really seem that concerned with her constant interference in cases when she's on suspension, and she comes across as too lucky to get into excessive trouble for the massive chip on her shoulder. It is very c ...more
Corinne
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The continuation of the Fatal Series is one I always look forward to. This series allows me to escape into the world and mind of Lieutenant Sam Holland aka Mrs Cappuano and that of her family

Never a dull moment in her and Nicks life or that of the Homicide Dept. With Marie's writing, the reader always feels like they are in the room watching the scenes play out. Living the joy, feeling the heat, pissed off and ready to kick some ass.

This series is one of my all time favourites and should be rea
Kathryn
Another very enjoyable and readable addition to the series of the popular couple - Nick and Sam. Time spent with them always seems so short. Interesting crime with little twist at the end plus a bit of a threat that still hangs over Sam's head.
Robin
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This one just might be my favorite yet.
Kristal McKerrington
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So this wasn't quite I was expecting considering that I'm used to having Sam and Nick dominate the books that have filled these series with some of them being able to show off the other characters stories.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • Whiskey and Gunpowder (An Addison Holmes Mystery, #6)
  • Siren's Song (Bewitching Bedlam, #3)
  • Billion Dollar Urge
  • The Lone Rancher
  • Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles, #2)
  • The Devil's Fire (The Devil's Gate Trilogy, #2)
  • Once Upon a Highland Summer
  • Too Far Gone (Lucy Kincaid, #14)
  • Covert Evidence (Evidence, #5)
  • Ravenous (Quantum, #5)
  • Hot Redemption
  • Heartsong Cottage (Eternity Springs, #10)
  • Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Deadly Addiction (Deadly Vices, #2)
Marie Force is the New York Times bestselling author of contemporary romance, including the indie-published Gansett Island Series and the Fatal Series from Harlequin Books. In addition, she is the author of the Butler, Vermont Series, the Green Mountain Series and the erotic romance Quantum Series. In 2019, her new historical Gilded series from Kensington Books will debut with Duchess By Deception ...more

Fatal (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Fatal Affair (Fatal, #1)
  • Fatal Justice (Fatal, #2)
  • Fatal Consequences (Fatal, #3)
  • Fatal Flaw (Fatal, #4)
  • Fatal Deception (Fatal, #5)
  • Fatal Mistake (Fatal, #6)
  • Fatal Jeopardy (Fatal, #7)
  • Fatal Scandal (Fatal, #8)
  • Fatal Frenzy (Fatal, #9)
  • Fatal Threat (Fatal, #11)