Start by marking “Explicit” as Want to Read:
Explicit

Explicit

"I’ve told you I’ve fantasized about you. So, tell me the truth. Do you fantasize about me?”

Bestselling novelist Jackson Ford is arrogant, exacting, and relentless on the page and off. His irresistible new editor, Ellie Parker is smart, headstrong, and not intimidated by Jackson's attitude - or the way he turns every exchange into a filthy seduction.

There isn't a thing the
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition
Published March 23rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Explicit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Explicit

Start your review of Explicit
Shh moderator

★★★★ 1/2! Explicit (stand-alone). Spirited young editor is assigned to work with world-famous author who’d rather bed her than take her advice!

“And I’ll tell you how this is going to go. I’ll be asking the questions and you’ll be answering them.”
“What—” I sputtered.
“Just think of it as a job interview.”
“And for what job am I interviewing?” I asked.
“For the job of my editor.”

Explicit (stand-alone) opens up to Ellie Parker, El reaching a career milestone by getting assi
Candi~Dirty Laundry Review
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to start with this review. My feelings are all over the place. Let's start with how much I LOVED THIS FREAKING BOOK!!!! Everything. Every. Damn. Thing. Roxy Sloane knocked this one off the map!! Hands down. Her best book yet. I was completely sucked in right from the beginning. The storyline. The characters. The sexy, hot, steamy, eroticism, sensualism, dirty talking all alpha Jackson Ford. Good god that man did things to me. I just want to shout from the rooftops for EVE ...more
Sophie
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Explicit by the uber talented Roxy Sloane is an electrifying, heart achingly, beautiful read that is so intense and raw it has left me in a phenomenal state of bookworm bliss.
I was sucked into this book from the start, desperate to delve into the story I've been waiting for, for so long. Roxy’s words are pure poetry in motion. Her ability to throw you into a story is astounding and insanely addicting.
For me, this book was like building a fire. All the materials were present and thrown together
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Everything you expect when you hear the word Explicit is exactly what you'll get when you pick up this seductive Roxy Sloane book.

Jackson Ford is behind on his latest novel and his new editor, Ellie Parker, is determined to rein him in and help him compose his best book to date.

But Jackson isn't the easiest person to get along with, he's as stubborn as he is talented. But he wasn't always this way, but something in his past made him this way. He become somewhat of a recluse, untrusting of anyon
J. McCoy
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh.
My.
God.
This book!
I can't even right now. Another book that I devoured in just one sitting. Explicit is just that... explicit, sexy, and a roller coaster ride of emotions!

Jackson Ford is something else! From the first pages, he comes across and demanding and dirty as hell. I absolutely loved him! You can tell he has... issues. Is used to getting his way. But Ellie knows just how to handle him.

But Jackson, well there's a certain part where I wanted to THROTTLE HIM. I mean we're talking abou
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Juicy, smutty, and full of feels, Explicit was an enthralling read from start to finish.

I've have always been a fan of Roxy Sloane's books. She knows how to write. She does it well. And her stories are not only nuclear in steaminess, they are down right addicting. I have never come across a novel from this author that I haven't loved. Explicit was no different! I was hooked from the first page and found it almost IMPOSSIBLE to put down.

Ellie--our female lead--is my kind of girl. I have the
warhawke
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Genre: Erotic Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Ellie Parker was a young ambitious editor. She got priceless opportunity when she was given the spot as the editor for the company's star author, Jackson Ford. Little did she know she got much more than she bargained for.

Jackson Ford was a bestselling, award winning author working on his new book. After years of being on top, he refused to acknowledge that his work was suffering. As Ellie entered his life, he had to learn a
Olga therebelreader
This is a charming, steamy story with a very engaging plot. The author pulled me right into the emotions of the main characters, even though there is not a lot of back story given. It seemed as though the words were melting from the pages as I read through this book with lightning speed! I liked the character development and the tension between the characters was palpable. Jackson is pretty much the typical alpha male–a very hot and very successful writer, and Ellie is a successful editor, a ver ...more
Talltree
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book has an awesome and easy-to-relate h but a H who is hot and cold, who makes h pay for the mistakes of his ex - who broke his heart - and who pulls an immature - vicious even - move hurting the h bad. There was hardly any grovel, but a really sweet grand gesture.
Still I loved the h - like I do all Roxy Sloan h's!! - and the sex scenes were superhot and I could see why the h liked the brilliant and sexy H.

4 stars!
Jen
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
*4/8/16 Edited- Perhaps late night reviewing has its faults ;)
My Summary
Ellie is a young editor. Jackson is a veteran author. When Jackson's editor retires, Ellie is selected as his replacement. Jackson's early work was nothing short of amazing, but a dozen books later, and Ellie feels he's losing his edge. When she confronts him, Jackson is defensive and demanding (with a side of sexual and sensual), but Ellie stands her ground. Can this author and editor relationship work? Can Ellie help Jacks
Coco.V
💝 FREE on Amazon today (4/21/2018)!💝

Blurb:

There isn't a thing these two can agree on, except their intense attraction. But with Jackson's deadline l
Jan
Mar 18, 2016 rated it liked it
It would have been a 4 Stars if it wasn't for the speedy I love youafter a few times together. ...more
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this book wasn't as "explicit" as I was hoping for. One thing I've come to expect from Roxy Sloane's book is fresh and interesting plot mixed with freaking hot sex. This book was great with respect to the writing. There was no way to disguise Sloane's amazing talent. However, most of the sex was in the heroine's imagination. Whomp whomp!!

Character development didn't feel as thorough as I wanted it to be, especially considering that this was a stand alon
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title: Explicit
Author: Roxy Sloane
Series or Standalone: Standalone
Characters: 4
Plot: 4
Schorching level: 4
HEA: Yes

I love Roxy Sloane. I know she can write deliciously sensual tales and that she can also deliver strong captivating, characters.
In this book we meet Ellie. Ellie Parker is an editor and she has just landed the job of her career. She is to provide editorial work for Jackson Ford, a prolific character who is not kno
Anjee
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
If you are looking for a book with pure smut, then this book is for you. It’s about an author and an editor combo. He is a famous writer who’s editor just retired, and low and behold the new girl gets the job. The attraction is an instant one, even though he has seen her before, and she doesn’t remember it. The paragraphs jump from one event to the next with no apparent flow. I had a lot of trouble even staying interested in this. I probably put the book down 50 times in the span of two days, bu ...more
Lily Flower
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fair enough

I enjoyed reading this book. Well written and the connections between characters was good. Hope you read it and enjoy it too.
Shayna
I have a new ROXY SLOANE FAVORITE! This is easily her HOTTEST BOOK YET! EXPLICIT will consume you whole! Jackson Ford will leave you wanting like you've NEVER wanted before! Sloane, once again, set the pages on fire in her latest erotic masterpiece! Keep a cool cloth and your best hardworking BOB on hand ladies! Sit back, relax, and get ready for a lust filled, emotional thrill ride!

Of course this is fiction, but it gives you a fun glimpse into what it's like in the book creating world. Bestsell
Nancy Peebles
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I have only read the first chapter and cannot wait until March 23rd!! Looks like this book is going to be a hot one for sure.
Wanderlust Book Blog
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
I love reading, and one of the hardest thing I had to do since opening my blog was to read an ARC and write a review about it. I mean, when you love the book it’s easy but when you can’t connect with the heros/heroine or the story it’s so difficult to give your opinion. Because we all know that writing is tough and who are we to tell it’s bad. What’s we consider not good can be great to others.

Anyway, for me Explicit by Roxy Sloane was another cas of “everyone loves it but me”. I did receive an
Laura McMillin
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An all-consuming, heart wrenching, phenomenally hot read!!!
I'm still in book hangover mode! Prepare to be obsessed from the beginning and encompassed by a truly great storyline! The others characters in the book are an awesome addition that makes the story that much sweeter!
Jackson Ford - a man of many words-all around, wears a suit like a second skin, is a best-selling novelist, knows how to dominate the bedroom, and can build a fire in more ways than one!!! "I want to mark you with my mouth.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Explicit by Roxy Sloane
Reviewed on Behalf of Give Me Books
Holy hotness! Make sure you hold on to your panties or maybe just go commando, because wowza, Jackson Ford is one hot dirty-talker.

“You have two choices,” he said, his voice a low growl. “You can lay back right now and spread your legs for me, or you can go upstairs to your room and rest that knee, and we can forget that any of this ever happened. Choose, Ellie.”

Jackson Ford is an author; a temperamental, cocky, arrogant man who thinks h
Malene
Mar 22, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a very sexy book and so Roxy Sloane. She knows how to write deeply erotic scenes and that's something I really enjoy. Her characters in this book especially the females were amazing. I thought Ellie and her two besties Bianca and Maggie were superb. Their scenes together had so much love and the support they showed one another was heartwarming. That and Ellie's scenes with her mother was what I cherished. Ellie was a kickass and hardworking woman and a loyal friend.

I liked the story but
Shweta Choudhary
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to Shweta by: 1-Click Addict Support Group
I was engrossed in this book from the start. I was a bit disappointed at first as I wanted more and more connection between the characters. But later on, it made up for it and I loved it. I loved Ellie and how dedicated towards her work. She never tried to bring her personal opinion or her personal life affect her work.

I loved Jackson. I do but I was quite seething with what he did. I didn't want him to have a happy ending but I did understand him and I liked that even Ellie did. I liked how El
Janey
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindlee, march-2016
A great way to spend a Saturday..amongst the seductive words of Roxy...sublime.

Nikki
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just finished the first chapter! I didn't really need to read it, I know that anything Roxy Sloane writes is going to be fantastic. Actually I probably should not have read it because now I know how great it will be and that is going to make the wait that much harder! ...more
Agnieszka
After reading the blurb I expected a nice distraction (fitting one of my challenges) but nothing to get excited about - I have the impression there's not much erotic romance with a well crafted plot and great character development and a reason I'm so excited if I find such a rare gem.

Now I'm so happy I picked this one - it was just perfect: interesting and partly challenging plot, I loved the female character very much, struggled pretty much with the male but it still worked for this story and m
Donna
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: freebie
Not very often i complain about too much sex in a book, but I have to say all I can recall right now is “all the sex”, and what a disappointment Jackson was, (not in the sex department, but as a person). I enjoyed the last chapter, but for me it was too little too late. Many times I wanted to DNF this one, but i kept reading great reviews, so I kept going, but sadly, for me, it didn’t get much better. I could not warm to Jackson and therefore could not enjoy the book. Ellie was way too good for ...more
Kimberly
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow, what a fantastic heroine! Ellie is an editor with a new high profile client THE Jackson Ford, she is both anxious and excited to work with the man. But, when she reads the first few chapters of his new book, she believes there is room for improvement! She informs Jackson of her thoughts and that is where the trouble between these two starts. Jackson is used to just mowing over people and getting his way, well Ellie isn't going down so easy. When these two forces of nature meet, watch out!

T
Naughty Book Blog
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Explicitly dirty. Explicitly erotic. Explicitly spectacular. My favorite Roxy Sloane book to date!

How do I even begin to adequately describe everything I loved about this book? Being a book lover, I love the premise of at least one of the characters being an author and the writing of a book being incorporated into the story line. It's not always done well, but this just works in every way.

Explicit pairs a dirty talking and equally infuriating author with a smart, headstrong and compassionate wo

• This Time Around (The Bennett's Bastards Series, #2)
  • Tempting Me
  • Sinful (Undone, #2)
  • The Stewardess's Diary, Parts 1-5: Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, USA, Ireland (The Stewardess's Diary Parts 1-5)
  • Hate F*@k (Forbidden Bodyguards #1)
  • Playing Dirty (Windy City Kink Book 3)
  • Tempt (The Tease Series Book 4)
  • Bound to Him Box Set One: Episodes 1-3
  • Ruined (His For A Week, #5)
  • Watching Mine (The Consumed, #3)
  • Tell Me to Stop
  • Courting Innocence (The Courting Series Book 2)
  • Mr. Big Shot (Mr. Big, #1)
  • Unavailable (Secrets #1)
  • Lucky
  • Total Surrender (Dirty Sexy Fairy Tales #1)
  • The Beauty and The Beast (Heroes Ever After #1)
  • Big Swinging D (Wall Street Royals Book 2)
Want Roxy's Hot stuff?
Get Freebies, Sneak Peeks, news & more hotstuff!

Roxy Sloane is a romance junkie with a dirty mind. She lives in Los Angeles and loves writing sexy, complex stories about pushing the boundaries and risking it all.