Start by marking “Underwater” as Want to Read:
Underwater

Underwater

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  5 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
When was the last time you came face-to-face with a mermaid?

Ever explore a hidden underwater cave or been haunted by an unearthly creature? Did that passionate childhood fantasy turn into a real, sexy encounter? When was the last time you discovered a bell concealing the entrance to a faerie mound? Have you wondered what would happen if New Orleans was entombed in radioac
Published February 29th 2016 by Transmundane Press

To ask other readers questions about Underwater, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Underwater

R.J.
Apr 29, 2016 R.J. rated it liked it
The only story I've read so far in this anthology is Ferryman by Val Prozorova, so is honestly the only of their shorts I've read across multiple anthologies that didn't like.

Written in a first-person narrative, the story is of a young man drowning and being rescued - and seduced, kinda - by a beautiful man in the water.

To be entirely honest, I found myself skimming it and had to go back and force myself to actually read it to do a proper review.

There was no real reason for me to dislike it, as
Victoria Cleveland
May 03, 2016 Victoria Cleveland rated it really liked it
This review is for 'Ferryman' by Val Prozorova.

An interesting tale, certainly. I was instantly intrigued with the idea of meeting death by way of attractive merman-like character of legend. In the midst of drowning, the narrator becomes a happy recipient of some unexpected and entirely welcome undersea lovin'. This author always laces the story with humor, and this one had me laughing and blushing. Always a pleasant mixture. I'll definitely be keeping this one in mind the next time I find mysel
Gentleman Jack
May 04, 2016 Gentleman Jack rated it liked it
Being a fan of anthologies in general, and themed anthologies especially, I was really excited to get around to reading this one. Like many anthologies, the stories vary in quality, from the very good ones (like "Ferryman" and "Fossegrimmen,") to the abysmal ones (like "The Rock Cave," and "Eden.")

Overall, I enjoyed the good ones a lot, and thought all the stories fit very well together, but the varying quality of the other stories didn't do much for me.
Jashka
Jashka marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Archionblu
Archionblu marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Catherine Winther
Catherine Winther marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Eddie
Eddie marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Sora Taichi
Sora Taichi marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
chelsea
chelsea marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
SB
SB marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Caro
Caro marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Case Capehart
Case Capehart marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Adrik Kemp
Jul 01, 2016 Adrik Kemp rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves:
Val
Apr 29, 2016 Val rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Alisha
Jan 10, 2016 Alisha added it  ·  (Review from the author)