Start by marking “The One With The Engagement Party” as Want to Read:
The One With The Engagement Party

The One With The Engagement Party

(Bridesmaids #1)

Save the Date!

For fans of romantic comedies like Bridesmaids and Four Weddings & a Funeral, and bestselling authors Mhairi McFarlane and Jenny Oliver, this is a hilarious new romantic comedy series of four novellas about one bride and her four best friends.

Nora Dervan is getting married... but her four bridesmaids are more full of secrets than champagne.

Bea has barely
Published June 10th 2016 by Harper Impulse

To ask other readers questions about The One With The Engagement Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One With The Engagement Party

Claire Robinson
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
3.5 - One Bride and four bridesmaids, from proposal to altar... Stars!

Erin Lawless is an author new to me, and what better way to make an acquaintance than with a wedding! Told over four parts, The One With The Engagement Party introduces you to the large cast of characters that will ultimately be taking part in the wedding of Nora Dervan to Harry Clarke.

Four bridesmaids and four groomsmen, some single, some married, and some are not a 100% what they want or where they should be going. This, t
Nicola
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
The One With the Engagement Party is a promising start to the Bridesmaids novella series and has definitely captured my attention.

description

Erin Lawless has done a great job in setting the groundwork for the continuing story whilst introducing us to the plethora of characters involved in the happy couple's pending nuptials; often so many characters can make a story too busy and can become confusing as to who's who, but this absolutely wasn't the case here. And amongst the introductions was humour, banter
Suze Lavender
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nora and Harry are engaged. Nora is going to marry her best friend and she wants to make sure her big day will be special. She has chosen four bridesmaids, good friends who are going to be there to make her day memorable. They each have their own feelings and struggles and the question is if their friends will be as happy as Nora and Harry? While organizing the engagement party a lot is going on in all of their lives...

The One With the Engagement Party is a fun novella about a group of friends a
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Nora was going to be married soon so she invited her four besties on her engagement party. It was supposed to be fun and happy and everyone should be cheering for the newly-engaged, right?

So, what's to do in an engagement party?

bridesquote

Oh well, it isn't that quite merry and bright when the involved parties had their own affairs to fix.

I love reading wedding/engagement stories because I get to know the horrors and pleasures of being engaged and settling down. I am a married woman and enjoying life so far
Kim
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, kindle, net-galley
This is the first in a series of 4 novellas making up the book all about a wedding. With this one- as the title suggests, we are introduced to all the characters, the bridesmaids and groomsmen for the upcoming weddings.
They are all involved and responsible for checking out various venues and things for the wedding and some venues are simply stunning.
I am looking forward to reading more in the series and how they will all form the whole story!
With many thanks to the publisher and Net Galley for p
Sherwood Smith
Jun 01, 2016 added it
Shelves: romance
Copy received courtesy of NetGalley

The thing to realize going in is that this book (really more of a novelette) is pure setup. Nothing is resolved: the entire content is an introduction to our main characters, four men and four women, who are the wedding party for Nora, who is getting married in a couple of years.

Right, a couple of years.

But first, all the pre-production has to be arranged, much like organizing a film, and through this process we get to know the wedding party, some of whom are
Grass monster
Jun 02, 2016 rated it liked it
In this first part of Erin Lawless's new book we have Nora, who has just got engaged to her bestfriend, Harry. Nora asks her best friends, Bea, Sarah, Cleo and Daisy to be her bridesmaids. I absolutely love the cover on this book and i had enjoyed Erin's other books, so i was a little disappointed i wasnt feeling it with this one. I think i can only put this down to there being too much going on in a short space of time and too many characters, i had a hard job remembering who was who, who was w ...more
Steffi
Thanks to Netgalley and Harper Impulse for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

When requesting this book I wasn't aware that it's only the first installment of a short story collection but I do enjoy those from time to time as well.

I really liked the premise of this novella and I absolutely love the cover. I am a sucker for those chick-lit covers.
Unfortunately I had some serious troubles finding into the story, especially telling the characters apart. Even after finishing it I have no real
Aisyah Roslan
I received the ARC from Harper Impulse via Netgalley in exchange of honest reviews. All opinions are mine.

This is the first part of a four-part novella in which Nora had just gotten engaged to her long-time bestfriend, Harry, and had appointed four of her close friends, Bea, Cleo, Daisy and Sarah, to be her bridesmaids. Each of the novella will focus on different aspects of a wedding from getting the dress, hen weekend and actually getting married. After reading this first installment, I am def
Tracey
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Harper Collins UK. Harper Impulse and Netgalley for allowing me to review thus book xx
This was a good quirky read, the cover bright and cheerful just like the characters in the book. I look forward to following them into the following books.
Leah
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
A really compelling introduction to this series of novellas. I love Erin's writing so very excited to read more from her. I thought it was a really intriguing beginning and I loved the introduction to the new characters. Erin Lawless writes friendships so well - I can't wait to read more!
Cayla
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it
This was 99 cents, and I'm a sucker for a good British chick lit wedding theme, but this would have been better if it was longer. There were too many characters and situations dumped on us in such a short amount of time that it was hard to follow. But I did chuckle once or twice :)
Agi
Jun 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-releases, 2016

"The One with the Engagement Party" is the first in Erin Lawless's new four - parts "Bridesmaids" series. Here we are introduced to Nora, who's just got engaged to her best friend Harry and asks her friends Bea, Cleo, Daisy and Sarah to be her bridesmaids. It is more of an introduction to the whole series, I think, as it is full of hints about other characters and their lives. However, with this many points of view, characters and events, the stories can take any direction and I am really curiou
Charlotte
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book as an ARC from HarperImpulse, through NetGalley, in return for my honest review.

You may remember that a couple of weeks ago I did a cover reveal for The One With the Hen Weekend by Erin Lawless. The One With the Engagement Party is the first part in the series, and I really enjoyed it!

The whole series will focus on Nora, the bride-to-be, in every area of her wedding planning from the engagement to standing at the alter, and this first book in the series (if you can’t tell fr
Jody
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review first posted on my blog 'A Spoonful of Happy Endings': http://spoonfulofhappyendings.blogspo...

Nora Dervan is over the moon when her boyfriend Harry asks her to marry him and she can't wait to start planning her wedding with the help of her four friends and bridesmaids Sarah, Bea, Cleo and Daisy. First on their list is the engagement party, but it quickly turns out that all four bridesmaids have their own issues to deal with next to Nora's big wedding, so it's going to be quite an interes
Petra Quelch
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Erin Lawless is back and with a new series! I am beyond excited about this one! Erin quickly became one of my go-to authors. I absolutely fell under the spell of her engaging, warm and witty writing style. Her books are all about love and life within a tight group of friends, and this brand new series is no exception.
The One with.. is very much character driven story. We have a group of friends that are all in their mid-twenties, and most of them are thinking of the next stage in their lives.
I
Carrie
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 bridal stars!

OK so i've never read a series of novellas like this before although I have seen that they are the "new thing" but I loved loved loved Erin Lawlesses first 2 books so when I saw this go up on Netgalley I had to click request... I was right to worry hahaha because I can't believe I have to wait and wait and wait to see what happens to the characters - in a good way!!

The book starts with Nora telling her 4 friends all about how her boyfriend Harry proposed to her and asking them t
Bobbie
Jun 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I've read and enjoyed Lawless' work before, so I decided to give this new novella series a go, even though I have a general aversion to novellas. Unfortunately, it hasn't cured that aversion. It's an entertaining little book, but there's a huge cast of characters and pretty much the whole book is spent introducing them and the relationships between them all. I just about kept up with who was who, and hats of to Lawless for that because there's a heck of a lot of them, but I didn't get a chance t ...more
Carmel Harrington
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of Erin Lawless, right from the start with The Best Thing I Never Had. And once again, she's given us a warm, funny and witty story.
I've been a bridesmaid myself four times and a bride too and I do LOVE a good wedding. So the premise for these novellas is genius. This first novella introduces us to each of the bridesmaids and groomsmen, and the bride and groom. It's worth the effort getting to know each character. I look forward to the next instalment. For fans of romantic comedi
Clair
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novella, reminded me of when I first got engaged and was coordinating bridesmaids! The mix of real life stories and the action of the book complimented each other.

This was a funny and heart warming start for this novella series - look forward to hearing what else the group of friends get up to as the wedding plans ramp up!
Katey Lovell
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming and humorous, The One with the Engagement Party is Erin Lawless at her best. I can't wait for more!
Trish Hills
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this! What a fantastic start to a novella! It was so fun seeing my engagement story in print and I can't wait to read more! Fab, fab, fab!!!
JetWhite
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Erin Lawless is pitch perfect. She could rewrite the phone book and I'd give it 5 stars. More substantive review to come when the story has progressed a bit... (but I am loving Bea and Eli!)
Sky
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and Harper Impulse for the ARC in exchange for an honest review which I am happy to give.

This is the first book that I have read by Erin Lawless and I read this book not aware that it was part of a short series.
I found it hard to get into the story and found that I didn't warm to the characters like I do with most books of this genre. There are so many characters and at times it can get quite confusing.
However I really enjoyed the writing style and found it to be an easy
Cb
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

It was a bit slow for me and took a while to get through, buts as still enjoyable. Good choice.
Zee Monodee
Apr 20, 2019 rated it liked it
This read like a juicy, gossipy soap opera taking place in and around the back stages of a wedding. Perfect rom-com fodder, great escapist read at the beach or when you need some lightness and laughs
Fabulous Book Fiend
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review: this is the first part in a four part serial by Erin Lawless. firstly, as soon as the title/cover was revealed I knew I wanted to read this book because of the title. It sounds like an episode of friends and that excites me. Then when I found out it was about four girls and four guys, it seemed even more meant to be, plus you guys know I love a good serial! Obviously the first part in a serial is a bit of a scene setter and so I was expecting to meet all of the characters and find out wh ...more
Rachel
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
About the book:

Bea has barely gotten past the fact that her two best friends are seeing each other, and now they’re engaged, and Cleo is rather distracted by the hot new colleague she absolutely, definitely must not sleep with. Daisy is dreading the singles’ table, whilst Sarah’s own marriage hasn’t turned out to be all she hoped it would be...

My thoughts:

I have been looking forward to reading this
Lisa Bentley
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love a good book series and Erin Lawless’s latest offering Bridesmaids – The One with the Engagement Party has the makings of being a fantastic set of stories.

Bridesmaids – The One with the Engagement Party focuses on Nora and her four best friends Bea, Cleo, Daisy and Sarah. The bride, Nora, has chosen her bridesmaids carefully and they are about to help her prepare for the biggest day of her life. However, amidst the romance and excitement of the wedding plans there are a few secrets and pro
Jane Hunt
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
The One With The Engagement Party by Erin Lawless

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+
Connect on...:
Twitter

Well it is the ‘wedding season’ and this short introduction to the ‘Bridesmaids’ series, captures the atmosphere perfectly. The vivid and image rich characters and dialogue in this novella, make it an enjoyable read. All the bridesmaids have an interesting story to tell and this introductory book makes you want to find out what happens next.
There is a
Erin Lawless would probably love to be your Goodreads friend.

Although she's predominantly on here with her reader hat on, she's published a book of short stories and flash fiction - The Last Train Home & Other Stories - and two bestselling British contemporary romances for HarperCollins' award-winning romance imprint Harper Impulse, The Best Thing I Never Had and Somewhere Only We Know .

Bridesmaids (4 books)