Start by marking “Everyone We've Been” as Want to Read:
Everyone We've Been

Everyone We've Been

For fans of Jandy Nelson and Jenny Han comes a new novel that asks, can you possibly know the person you’re becoming if you don’t know the person you’ve been?

Addison Sullivan has been in an accident. In its aftermath, she has memory lapses and starts talking to a boy that no one else can see. It gets so bad that she’s worried she’s going crazy.

Addie tak
Published October 4th 2016 by Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers

Start your review of Everyone We've Been
Inah
UGH! I have so many feelings for this book! It’s so good and I’m really wondering why people aren’t talking about it that much. But hey, here I am hosting a blog tour for the book since I really want others to read about this book. Also have you seen the cover? I know you have, but scroll up and take a second look. Beautiful yeah? Also a POC on the cover!!!

It started a little slow but it’s definitely interesting and I love the character’s voice. The pacing is the only issue I have an
may ❀

DNF @ 55%

I tried, so, so, so hard to stick with this book till the end, but it’s been over ten days and as hard as I tried, I’m just not loving it.

So, it’s officially time to S T O P !

description

Surprisingly, there were parts of this book that really got me intrigued however, I think the deal breaker was the fact that it is a 400 PAGED “CONTENPORARY” BOOK.

I mean, if you wanna write a long-ish contemporary, it’s gotta be hella interesting. It cannot afford to be boring!!

And let’s be real, this book lulled A LOT.
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Visit Stay Bookish for more book reviews!

Some days, it's hard to find a book that is exactly what you're looking to read at the moment. When I picked up Sarah Everett's debut novel earlier this week, I knew it was the kind of read I was seeking. I instantly clicked with the prose and finished the book in one sitting.

Even though it wasn't the first time I've read a book about memory wipes and the plot wasn't all that hard to predict, there were several things I found very refresh
Taylor Knight
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much better than I expected it to be. It's so beautifully written and emotional. I read the whole book in just one setting because it was such a page turner. Everyone We've Been is so captivating and I couldn't put it down. It's very different from most contemporaries that I've read and I loved how original it was. I really liked Addie and how she kept going through out the book. She was such a well written character and I really love reading from her perspective. Everyone We've ...more
Obsidian
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Wow. This book gave me all the feels. I can't quite believe I managed this in a day. Due to giving out candy last night I had this book keeping me company. I don't know what else to say without getting too spoilery, but this book really takes a look at grief and depression and acknowledging that some people who suffer from life long depression deal with a struggle to keep moving forward. That it's hard sometimes to block out the negative and to not feel like you are drowning. I fell for the char ...more
Ashley Blake
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Oh holy cats what a tense, emotional, gut-wrenching, effing gorgeous ride. For real. I had a STRONG emotional reaction to this book. I cried real tears. This book is beautifully written & I can't say much, because spoilers, but I am going to point out a WONDERFUL thing about this story. It is all about realizing that there this no magic spell for getting through tough shit, be it mental illness or situations or what have you. And I think that is such a HUGE thing for teens to read about. Eve ...more
Diana
Gosh. I must be on a reading slump. Nothing I began holds my attention... argh.
Nicka (Read by Nicka)
THIS BOOK GAVE ME LIFE! It was written beautifully, never thought that I would love this book so much.

At first I thought that “Yeah, it’s okay, another cliche story.” but as I was reading it and slowly making progress, the magic happened and there I was totally hooked with the story. The first part of the story made me think, “Is this a paranormal book?” I was so wrong, I love how the story unfolded, I think that each revelations where perfectly placed in the right setting of the story. OH MY F
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Everyone We've Been is not a love story. It’s more of a self journey of the main character Addie, who has suffered so much.

The book explores her complicated family relationship, overcoming grief, crash and burn first love, and more. There's just something missing why I couldn't rate it higher than five stars.

Overall: I really like this book. The protagonist would certainly reason out with countless of readers. If you’re a fan of Adam Silvera and We Were Liars, you should definitely
Amanda
Nov 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Unfortunately this book was just okay for me, at first I thought it had huge potential and although I did stay interested in the plot, as the pages turned I couldn't help but feel like something was missing. I can't quite put my finger on what exactly is missing but all I know is that I kept wanting more. I skimmed through the first half waiting for it to pick up, and though it does for about 4 chapters I then found myself skimming, again, to the end. As I said it's very unfortunate since it see ...more
Mandy
Wow, that was a deep little book that I don't fully know what to deal with. Did it turn out the way I expected? No. Am I totally okay with that? Maybe. Am I sitting here fully in complete book hangover because this book kind of just psychologically messed me up in a somewhat great way? Yes.

To be completely honest, I thought the concept of this book sounded really interesting. And then I saw that GORGEOUS cover and well, Mandy needed it ASAP. In fact, I even put it on a birthday book
Em
Dec 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
“Was” or “am”? What is the word for things you were and no longer are but always will be?”

I did not like this book. At all. I'm very picky when it comes to this kind of book because usually this is what happens: I end up hating it. If you didn't know, I'm a psychology major, so I take mental health issues in books very seriously and love it when it's well done. Unfortunately, all this book has is a beautiful cover and a very promising synopsis, stop counting now.

Against what you might think thi
Eileen
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Scarlette
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazingbooks2016
I've never been a fan of speculative fiction, but this book was truly marvelous. Everett has an impressive ability to spin words in a way that makes you stop and think. I quickly fell in love with the charming protagonist, Addie, who was very intelligent/introspective, but not to the point of being pretentious or unrealistic. The plot itself was very carefully done, with a few twists that I definitely didn't see coming. Overall, it was a fantastic, thought-provoking read that will sit with you l ...more
Kelly Hager
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure what to say about this book and the synopsis is pretty spoilery.

So I will say this:

This book is exactly what I needed. It's about relationships and friendships and family. It's about how we go on, especially when we don't think we can and/or don't want to. It's about whether painful memories are still worth having.

It's wonderful and wrenching.

It's a book you need to read.

Highly recommended.
Alissa
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
First of all, the cover is pretty. It's so, SOOOOO pretty with soft colors all muted and blended like an Impressionist painting. It's the sort of book cover that calls out to potential readers, "Pick me up! Read me!"

Beyond that...

This book is basically The Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind...but without Jim Carey trying to be all serious (and failing) and without the dude who played Frodo (I think it was the dude who played Frodo) being all creepy-stalkery (and creepily succeeding
Christine Alibutud
I was fully invested in this book, but then it decided to destroy everything I was hoping for nearing the 90% mark. Did I love this book? Yes. Am I anywhere near happy with the ending? No.

This made me cry. A lot. But I don't regret these tears. What I do regret is what was eventually robbed from me. Well, with what I felt was robbed from me. I want to punch someone. I totally didn't expect that. Totally DID NOT. This book was my personal undoing.

I don't even know what else to say. Loved this book, but
Trisha
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"it's all in how you sell the story"

I think I've just read too many in the last year with this same theme. It's something that I'm not sure how much I agree with - if I think it's actually something we will see in our lifetimes. I'm not so sure, but maybe......and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I do like that this is a cautionary tale and a story about moving on. And the cover is fascinating.
Gina Wojcik
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A huge thank you to New Leaf publishing for sending me an advanced copy. I loved this
book. Wow ! What an amazing story! From the first chapter this novel is a page turner. The author keeps you engaged and wants you to read more from the very beginning. You will feel every type of emotion while reading this book. It was very thought provoking, with a lot of twists and turns that I would have never predicted.
I would definitely read more by this author. I loved the story she had to tell.
Ella Zegarra
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on Novel Ink

Everyone We've Been Blog Tour

My Thoughts

When I read the summary for this book, I knew that it was a book that I just had to read.  That summary just hooked me and it sounded like something that I would absolutely love, and of course I was right!

Everyone We've Been is a story about Addie, who after an accident is seeing a boy that no one else can see.  Upon trying to figure out what's going on, she discovers some things that she wasn't expecting and/>

Everyone

Ink

Bianca (The Ultimate Fangirl)
Full review at The Ultimate Fangirl.

Here’s why you need to read this lovely book:
1. It may sound clićhe, but it’s not.
Girl in a small town rediscovers herself with the help of the people from her past. That’s the general storyline. But the main point here is that it does not stop there. When things started to get a bit weird, I buckled myself in. I expected that there will be paranormal elements, since Addie is seeing things from her past that no one else can see. Yet it is so much more than t/>1.
Corinne Olivier
I received an advanced readers copy of this book and I'm very glad I did. I enjoyed everything about this book right down to the way it felt in my hands! The story flows easily even though it switches back and forth between before and after an accident the main character is involved in. You quickly get sucked into the book with very likeable characters and their endearing story. The book follows the story of a teenage girl, Addie and her journey with love. loss and the trials of dealing with emo ...more
Kay
#RWLChallenge: A book written by a person of colour about a memory altering/mind altering or virtual reality sci-fi/fantasy experience.

Way too long. Would recommend for those who have not yet read More Happy Than Not, otherwise it may seem similar.
Courtney Calvert
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better YA novels I've read in awhile. The material really makes you think and keeps the reader guessing, even after you think you've figured it out. Everett largely avoids common YA tropes, but still captures the angst and nature of being a teenager. Though the plot seemed unrealistic a couple times, the psychology geek in me recognized some actual concepts behind the logic in characters' thought processes. So excited I was able to get an ARC of this read!
Gabrielle
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it
9/15 *slams fist on the table* POC ON THE COVER. POC POC. WOC! WOC!

10/10 I found myself skipping the "Before" to get to the "After." It just was too slow and the story stretched out too long. The memory thing was definitely cool and interesting. I got so mad at Addison for what she wanted to do about Zach and then after? Thank god she didn't go through.

Zach can go eat shit though.
Evey
Way to crush my heart and all my feelings at 4am. While predictable, I couldn't avoid feeling a deep connection with the main lead, which made it hard for me to take a pause and stop reading. I just had to know how it'd finish. And when I did, it broke my heart in tiny bits.
Catherine Tinker
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
if More Happy Than Not and The Half-Life of Molly Pierce had a baby, it would be this book.

wow.
Mehsi
Beautiful, heartbreaking, and so fucking gorgeous. I just couldn't stop reading. Thank heavens I had a free afternoon, well... free... I kind of have all sorts of things to do like cleaning, laundry, but this book grabbed me. :P

I was already hoping that this one would be a gem, and boy I am so happy it was. The book features a before and after, and with each passing page we see more and more of what is going on and how everything spiralled out of control.

It all starts wit
Kim
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everyone We've Been Everything We've Been is the debut novel from author Sarah Everett.  It is one of those books that gives all the feelings, but sorting them out is next to impossible.  Sadness, laughter, anger, disbelief, even horror of the emotional variety.

The story is told in two timelines, one from before Addison's accident and the other after.  The accident has caused memory lapses and hallucinations involving a boy no one else can see.   Because of that, she takes some aggr
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Una sonata de verano
  • Night Speed
  • Virgen de Medianoche
  • Hidden Pieces
  • El último llanto de los delfines
  • Cuando reescribamos la historia
  • Tú y yo después del invierno
  • The Art of Breaking Things
  • Killing Monica
  • Hasta los huesos
  • Love and Other Train Wrecks
  • La abuela que cruzó el mundo en una bicicleta
  • The Arrival of Someday
  • El teorema de Júpiter
  • Buenas intenciones
  • How to Keep a Boy from Kissing You (Aurora Skye #1)
  • Love, Life, and the List
  • Virtually Yours
“Was” or “am”? What is the word for things you were and no longer are but always will be?” 4 likes
“Addie, letting you believe that you weren't strong enough was one thing- and it was wrong- but the biggest lie is that there are things that aren't survivable. That there are things not worth surviving. I never, ever want you to believe that. That you can't keep going or that you can't overcome the thing you're facing” 3 likes