Start by marking “Little Babymouse and the Christmas Cupcakes” as Want to Read:
Little Babymouse and the Christmas Cupcakes

Little Babymouse and the Christmas Cupcakes

Graphic-novel darling Babymouse makes her picture-book debut in a Christmas story . . . all about cupcakes! (Typical.)

Thank goodness Babymouse ate all of the Christmas cookies her mom made for Santa. Now she can make him something he really wants—CUPCAKES! But wait . . . what’s that rumbling in the other room? OH NO! A DRAGON!!!!! Can Sir Babymouse defeat her fiery foe
Published October 4th 2016 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Little Babymouse and the Christmas Cupcakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Babymouse and the Christmas Cupcakes

Start your review of Little Babymouse and the Christmas Cupcakes
La Coccinelle
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children
I have a feeling that this book will be more popular with fans of Babymouse. I've not read any of those books (though I am familiar with the Holms' work through their Sunny series of graphic novels). Since I'm not familiar with Babymouse, I wasn't sure if what I was seeing was consistent with her character or not. As a standalone, however, with no knowledge of the other books, this one seems a bit weak.

She's a disobedient little mouse, whom I think the authors were trying to make endearing. She
Kaethe Douglas
Little Babymouse and the Christmas Cupcakes - Jennifer L. Holm,Matthew Holm
No doubt there is a market for Babymouse early childhood picture books, especially holiday ones, but I wasn’t wowed. I love cupcakes, but as a parent I couldn’t help visualizing the result of all that cupcake-eating, and it isn’t a pretty visual. Although Babymouse in a sleeper, rather than her familiar dress, is an image of great cuteness.

Library copy
Elaine
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Babymouse's ability to be whoever she wants!
Angela
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it
This was an ok book for the little one; it just didn't hold his attention. The drawings were ok...you know, in my mind this Little Babymouse was just a little busy bee. Too much of a busy bee. I kinda felt sorry for his mother once she told him to wait until she returned to finish the cupcakes - but of course he wanted to handle everything himself. From the cover of the book it looked like it would be a quick and easy read. Which is was - why I'm giving it 3 stars - but the plot wasn't that ...more
Karin
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Adorable spinoff of the Babymouse graphic novels. This one focuses on Babymouse when she is four-years-old. The format of the book is definitely for younger readers. Each panel is larger and even easier to read than the original Babymouse graphic novels. It definitely contains the same kind of humor as the others and Babymouse still has a wild imagination. Definitely one to purchase.
Nicole Harris
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: early-readers
Great spin-off into picture books. I enjoyed younger Babymouse being just like her future self.
Stefanie Kellum
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
*I read a digital ARC of this book from the publisher via Edelweiss.
Sara Grochowski
Yay for more Babymouse! I like that this spinoff is for a younger audience than the graphic novel series.
Riley Elliott
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Firstly, I really like that there are other "Babymouse" stories. As a child, I loved getting into a good book and falling in love with the characters, then finding other books with the same people. I hated finding characters I loved, then ending everything when a book ended.

This book is Christmas themed, so it would be perfect to read to a class or have students read this before Christmas break. It will definitely get you in the Holiday spirit!

This book is told like a comic book. There are
Read  Ribbet
Favorite character Babymouse appears in a new format -- a picture book. With panel illustrations as a nod to the popular graphic novels featuring Babymouse, this book tells the tale of a younger Babymouse anxiouly awaiting the arrival of Santa. A distant narrator voice provides the critical description of events as Babyouse struggles to save a special treat for Santa. Might be a good book to introduce yonger readers to Babymouse for future embrace of the graphic novel series.
Colette
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Little Babymouse loves cupcakes but makes a mess of things as any 4-year-old baker naturally would while mommy is taking care of the baby dragon. Cute book to be read around Christmas or whenever the mood for a good Babymouse book hits you, just don't eat the last cupcake.
Beezoo
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super cute!!!
Clarissa
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hilarious, funny, and not your usual sentimental Christmas story.
Ellon
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
So darn cute! Especially if you are familiar with the Babymouse graphic novel series. I love how these books encourage imagination.
Paula
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clear-group, 2016, clear
Everyone's favorite mouse makes her picture book debut (a prequel of sorts to the graphic novel series) in this non-traditional holiday offering from Jennifer and Matthew Holm. While putting out cookies for Santa, Babymouse eats them - after all, they looked so tasty - and now she needs to come up with something new for Santa, if she wants him to bring her a suit of armor for Christmas. Together, with her mom, they bake up a batch of cupcakes, but they are barely out of the oven when her baby ...more
Barbara
The star of one of my very favorite graphic novel series--Babymouse--makes her picture book debut here, and fans will be glad she did. At first I was worried that her unique charms would not translate well from that graphic format to picture book format, especially since she is much younger here, but I needn't have bothered my silly head about that. She's just as charming, just as real to life, and just as obsessed with cupcakes as she is in the series. Dreaming of receiving a suit of armor for ...more
Becky

First sentence: It was Christmas Eve. And Babymouse was putting out cookies for Santa. Babymouse! Mmf. I couldn't wait! They looked so tasty! (Sigh.) I certainly hope Santa likes Christmas crumbs.

Premise/plot: This picture book takes readers BACK to a time to when Babymouse (the star of a very popular graphic novel series) was LITTLE. After Babymouse "accidentally" eats Santa's cookies, she decides to do something different...and instead of baking more cookies...she decides to bake him cupcakes.
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
There's no stopping BabyMouse once she puts her mind to doing something. When BabyMouse wants to make cupcakes for Santa, she does. Filled with humor, wild imagination and mishap, fans of the original graphic novel series will love seeing BabyMouse in her new picture book debut. The illustrations are great graphic novel pictures for young kids. This is definitely a fun Christmas read.

Halli
I love the concept of a series with a younger Babymouse, and this first book was adorable. However, I think instead of being published as a picture book, it should have been in graphic novel format, like the original series, but aimed at younger readers. Die-hard fans of Babymouse may still seek this out, and they won't be disappointed, and younger readers will still enjoy it and maybe graduate to the graphic novels when they are older.
Nanci Booher
If I told the kids at school that I hadn't read a Babymouse book yet, they may disown me. Maybe this will make it up to them....and once they find out that a picture book is coming out, they will be happy. I loved the illustrations and the story and this will make a fun addition to the holiday books!
Nancy Kotkin
Excited to see Babymouse branching out into picture book format. Because this book is the size of a picture book, the panels are even easier to follow than in the smaller graphic novel sized series. Since this book is aimed at an even younger audience, Babymouse is younger here, but retains her vivid imagination and whimsical, energetic personality.
Jillian
Disclaimer: I've not read any of the Babymouse graphic novels

I thought this was a cute story! (Except that I shudder when I picture the aftermath of eating all the cookies AND the cupcakes...) The imaginary dragon was fun, and I appreciate that Babymouse had no qualms becoming "Sir" Babymouse to fight it off.
Vicki
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture
This would be a cuter book, if I understood how or why dragons seem to appear??? Wondering if the dragons reference the Babymouse comic/graphic novels. The illustrations are huge and colorful, but have that messy feel to them.
Jason
Trying to bring Babymouse to the picture book reading crowd? I'm all for it!! If they start with these they'll be primed for the graphic novels when they start reading. Brilliant! This is a pretty standard Babymouse story, if indeed there is such a thing :).
Awjtf
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas-books
Cute!
Roben
Babymouse has a hard time keeping her hands off of the treats being left for Santa. Hopefully Santa will overlook her snacking impulses and leave her the suit of armor she wants.
Angie
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
At first, I was wary of this younger Babymouse title, but it was so cute! I great early reader graphic novel.
Bethe
Babaymouse for the picture book crowd! Same wonderfulness of the graphic novel, but in a picture book format.
Kim
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wsra-2016
Babymouse, dragons, Christmas, and cupcakes! What more could you wish for!
Lindsey
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My kiddo loves Babymouse and was excited to see a picture book. She loved it!

• All Are Welcome
  • The Three Bears
  • What are Mountains? (Earth Features)
  • The Sun
  • Baby Wolves
  • Our Moon: Brightest Object in the Night Sky
  • The Thank You Book (Elephant & Piggie, #25)
  • Martin Luther King, Jr.: Civil Rights Leader
  • From Blossom to Fruit
  • Stingrays
  • I Am Not a Chair!
  • Neck & Neck
  • The Far Away Brothers (Adapted for Young Adults): Two Teenage Immigrants Making a Life in America
Jennifer L. Holm is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling children's author and the recipient of three Newbery Honors for her novels OUR ONLY MAY AMELIA, PENNY FROM HEAVEN, and TURTLE IN PARADISE.

Jennifer collaborates with her brother, Matthew Holm, on two graphic novel series -- the Eisner Award-winning Babymouse series and the bestselling Squish series. She is also the author of several other highly