Start by marking “Delicate Love (Stonewater Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Delicate Love (Stonewater Series #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Delicate Love (The Stonewater Series #1)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
An alternate cover edition can be found here.

Life has dealt some heavy blows to Mackenzie Tillar. Bullied as a child, and no one to turn to, the one person, who was meant to protect her, to raise her, and surround her with unconditional love, had let her down. Kenzie learnt to deal with life in her own promiscuous way. Until that one fateful night when she’d met Sam, now s
ebook
Published February 5th 2016 by Josephine Brierley (first published December 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Delicate Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delicate Love

Clare Burns
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO FANTASTIC!!!! what a heartbreaking heartwarming story. Mackenzie is me; I need a Sam too. So well written and involved. LOVED LOVED LOVED IT
Bella's  Blog
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first time reading anything by Josephine Brierley and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this great story. Josephine Brierley has given us a touching story that will suck you in and hold you there from start to finish,and will leave you wanting more. This story is about chance meeting ,horrific pasts, and circumstances ,these happen when different decisions are made and when life is left hanging in balance. Everyone needs to take a risk sometime in their life and let past things go ...more
Anna
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mackenzie is trying to deal with her traumatic past and move forward with her life. Samuel is living a life that is tainted by his own past ordeals, when he and Mackenzie meet at a bar while traveling and have an amazing night together. Although both experienced something stronger than expected, they didn't expect to see another again. Their lives do intersect again when they realize that they are now living in the same town. It is clear that they still share a strong attraction to one another, ...more
Amanda
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I started the book, I was confused because it started out in a way that made me think it was a nonfiction self-help marriage relationship book. Once it started with the chapters, I quickly became engrossed and couldn't stop. I really liked the way each point of view was separated by headings.
Why can't Sam be real? I just love a man that knows what he wants and is willing to not only fight his demons but hers as well.
I loved the way Mackenzie and Sam used the questions to learn about each ot
Shelby
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Delicate Love by Josephine Brierley is a love story about two strangers (Sam and Mackenzie) who become more intimate based on 36 questions. The questions range from light-hearted, such as Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest to extremely personal like If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are living? Why?

I really enjoyed this book because Bri
Amy
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books where you start you can't put it down till you are finished. You are entangled in the characters and the story line.

Kenzie is done with love. She built a castle around her heart and she'll be damned if anyone breaks thru. When she meets Sam, her castle starts to waiver. This is just one night, but that one night held so much promise. Could she?

Sam is dealing with his own problems. He too has a fortress around his heart. Can these two damaged people make it work? Or w
Rebecca Austin
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-kylie-s
Mackenzie Tillar doesn't believe in love. She was raised by her aunt from the age of 10 and as she got older she seemed to find solace in one-night stands and not letting anyone get attached to her.

Samuel Edwards has a hard time getting attached to any woman and isn't very good at love and relationships. When he rescues Mackenzie from a drunk guy at a bar the two begin to ask each other questions and end up having a one-night stand that results in Mackenzie leaving.

Yet fate as different plans fo
Jessica Kennedy
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***KFA REVIEWER****

This book....wow...The emotions and the hurt that came along with it. Delicate Love will leave you dizzy when you get off the emotional; and angsty rollercoaster this author will bring you on, but you will love the thrill.

Sam and Mackenzie have such a haunted past that left them leery and afraid of feeling love or any emotion other than hurt. These two ere destined for each other and the way their relationship develops is beautiful and times sad.

Sam, bless his heart tries to b
Taryn
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YES! I loved this book! Sam and Kenzie are perfect! I loved the dual POVs and how when it switched back and forth between Sam and Kenzie's POV we got to back track a bit on the events to get the feelings from each of them. The 36 questions really played a good part in bringing the characters together and tying the events together. And the twist at the end? Didn't see that coming! Cannot wait to dive into the second book of this series!
Stephen Beattie
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally shocked.
From a mans perspective who doesn't read romance novels. I thought this book was fantastic, I really got sucked in to the characters and I thought that hearing from both their points of view was terrific. I couldn't put down, I think it's a must read.
Tracy
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that I was captivated by this story from the off.. The book was well written, the characters very likable, the premise was interesting, the connection between our leading couple was obvious and believable from the get go and the slow build to their friendship/relationship/whatever-you-want-to-call-it kept me engaged throughout. I didn't want to put my kindle down, even when I had to....

Samuel Edwards is on a weekend trip with some buddies with the aim of getting away from work and
Felicia
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can you want ‘more’ from someone when you’re not sure what that more is?

We meet Samuel and MacKenzie in Delicate Love – two broken souls living in the moment, for the moment…until they meet each other. A random one night hook-up, which includes questions from The Thirty-Six Questions That Lead To Love…and more passion than they’ve both ever experienced…leaves them each questioning their personal choices about love and relationships. However, it’s not enough to keep Mackenzie from doing what sh
Books 2 Blog
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was gifted a copy of Delicate Love in exchange for a fair and honest review

This book follows the lives of Samuel and Mackenzie.

What happens when one night and 36 questions turns into something neither Sam or Kenzie were looking for or wanted? The answer: alot, alot can happen to two people who neither wanted love nor were looking for it.

Mackenzie has closed her heart to love, believing that love makes you weak and vunerable she doesnt want any part of it. Scarred from her past Kenzie never le
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon

***** 5 cranky stars *****

First let me collect my feelings and heart from the floor. These two reminded me of a line in a country song that says: I'm a lover and you're a runner. Samuel and Mackenzie are so relatable.

This story is based on the 36 questions to fast track love experiment by Arthur Aron. Mackenzie meets Samuel one night and they hit it off. She tells him about these 36 questions. Problem is both of them are very closed off and have had traumatic experiences in their childhood.

This
Sarah Queen
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** Reviewed on behalf of Amo’s Book Corner ***

Mackenzie and Samuel have had a rough start in life one way and another. As they’ve got older, they’ve decided that love hurts, so instead of getting involved with anyone, they’ve both had casual relations shall we say!

Samuel is on a weekend away with his friends and in the hotel bar, trying to forget the date and the tragic events of his past when he feasts his eyes on Mackenzie.

Mackenzie is passing through town wanting to change her lifestyle of r
Erica
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished, but I'm still processing how I feel about this book. Full review to follow.

***************************************

"It takes courage to love and to be loved."

Delicate Love is the story of Kenzie and Sam, two strangers whose chance encounter leaves them both feeling off-center. What begins is a heartbreaking and hopeful story about love and what it means to create a deeper and more meaningful intimate connection with another person.

Kenzie survived a traumatic childhood, but not with
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MacKenzie Tillar has taken many hits from life. Bullied as a child, she isn't protected by the one person who should have protected her, and it's made her into an adult with serious demons. She doesn't believe love exists, so her walls are sky-high, and she goes through life with lots of hookups involving iron clad rules. It's worked for her until she hooks up with a man that has her thinking about breaking her rules, so she disappears. Samuel Edwards is a workaholic who is very successful. He l ...more
Amie Francis
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Stonewater Series (Delicate Love Book 1)

We all have that one memory from childhood that never goes away. What Mackenzie and Samuel have can never be replaced.

After stopping in her childhood town for what is supposed to be an overnight stay, Mackenzie finds herself staying for longer than expected.

A night out with just a few drinks with the guys ends up being just what Samuel needs. What he doesn't expect is to find the one person that helped create one of his best childhood memories.

When
Donna Wright
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
What A Beautifully Written Book, I Don't Completely Believe In Fate But I Do Believe We Meet People For A Reason Of Some Sorts And This Book Is About Exactly What I Mean.

Chance Meetings, Horrific Pasts And Circumstances That Happen When A Different Decisions Is Made And A Life Is Left Hanging In the Balance. This Book Is Eye Opening And Rewarding. It Makes You See That You Can Change Your Future, When Things Happen Its Not Always Your Fault. Other People Are Accountable For There Actions.

One Nig
She's a Lip Biter
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
What A Beautifully Written Book, I Don't Completely Believe In Fate But I Do Believe That We Meet People For A Reason Of Some Sorts And This Book Is About Exactly What I Mean.

Chance Meetings, Horrific Pasts And Circumstances That Happen When A Different Decisions Is Made And A Life Is Left Hanging In the Balance. This Book Is Eye Opening And Rewarding. It Makes You See That You Can Change Your Future When Things Happen It's Not Always Your Fault. Other People Are Accountable For There Actions.

On
Rhonda Ploeger
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***A review ARC of Delicate Love by Josephine Brierley was generously provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review***

This book was perfect holiday reading. I found the two main characters to be quirky, gutsy and lovable. There were some unexpected turns in the story line and I just had to keep reading to see what was going to happen. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Delicate Love and I'm looking forward to Book 2 in The Stonewater Series. Josephine Brierley is proving to be a very t
Gloria
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I reviewed an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This is my first read by this particular author so I was sure what to expect, but man I was not disappointed. She pulled me in from the first chapter, powerful, touching read. The storyline was perfectly plotted out and left you wanting more. This is my kind of read.
Brandi
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's rare I give 5 stars away!! I loved the chemistry between Mackenzie and Samuel.
This book is based on a experiment done by Arthur Aron about 36 questions to fast track love. This story was full of drama and heartache and a few times I honestly teared up. I couldn't put it down and I can't wait to see the next couple in the series!!
Rhonda Meredith
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I can't believe I read this in just two days, it was one of those novels that you simply can't put down. The author is destined for great things and I truly hope she continues writing more books as she has a gift for it. Have read both her released books now and hungry for more.

Highly recommended...I just wish I could give it more than 5 stars!
Rica
ARC provided for an honest review. Thank you

3.5 Solid Stars!!

Mackenzie and Sam are two people who have gone through things that caused them to both be leery of love and sometimes life in general. They are strangers that come together for one night, but circumstances cause their paths to cross again. Slowly the walls they built start crumbling. I enjoyed being part of their journey.
Josephine Brierley
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I loved writing this book, the characters just evolved as the words flowed.
I hope you enjoy it also!
Jo x
Nov 08, 2016
Zasha
Nov 09, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Need to change cover please 3 19 Oct 25, 2016 04:26AM
Salty hair, sandy toes, lips too often sipping on white wine, I’m a Bali addict.

Now living on my favourite island, you can usually find me sitting at my favourite table, writing, people watching or gazing at the amazing ocean. Chillidog, our rescue pup, is usually at my feet or running amuck on the beach. I enjoy nothing more than a chilled Pinot Grigio and some sexy Luke Bryan tunes in the backgr
More about Josephine Brierley...