Start by marking “The Maids of Wrath (The Cleaners, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Maids of Wrath (The Cleaners, #2)

The Maids of Wrath

(The Cleaners #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  41 ratings  ·  12 reviews
After surviving employee orientation without destroying the city with her new powers, Dani is finally a bonafide Cleaner. Raring to get to work and save the world from Corruption, she’s given the critical assignment of...full-time tools training. After all, what good are magic mops or squeegees if she doesn’t know how to properly wield them against Scum? For now, she’s stu ...more
Published April 11th 2016 by WordFire Press

To ask other readers questions about The Maids of Wrath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Maids of Wrath

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Maids of Wrath (The Cleaners, #2)
Jenna
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. (Seriously, Mr. Vogt went so far as to remind folks that he didn't want "only positive reviews" but anything from not-so-great to "downright damning.") The good news - for Vogt and readers - is that The Maids of Wrath was a dazzlingly fun read.

When the Cleaners are beset with an emotion-twisting affliction, it's up to Dani and the others to find out what's going on and put a stop to it before their entire HQ is put into quarantine (which trans
BookLoversLife
I thoroughly enjoyed book 1 of this and couldn't wait to listen to this one! In this edition, Dani's training has really taken off and she is learning how to use the tools of the trade. With Ben being deemed out of action, she is teamed with new people and thrown into the deep end when suddenly Maids start attacking everyone! The whole Cleaners compound is in trouble and will be put in stasis if Dani and co can't find out who is behind this!!

Once again, we have an action packed read. We are brou
Wanda C
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first time I have ever read a fantasy book, and I was happily surprised. The action was fast paced, and I think it would make a great special effects movie! The characters, (Dani, Ben, the Twins, etc...) are well written, interesting, and resilient. I especially liked the everyday objects such as the mop that were more than everyday objects, and the teamwork was pretty cool too.

Based on a five-star rating, I give it five stars!
1) Buy from the author in the future? Yes
2) Did it keep
Elisabeth
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Not as engaging as the first one, a few editing gaffes and some clumsy writing, but the concept is still brilliant and story is fun. On the other hand, having a main character speak in dialect is incredibly difficult and annoying to read. I imagine the author's pretty tired of writing it by now too, but I guess we're both stuck.

Still I'll probably read the third one eventually.
Robin Lynn
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Maids of Wrath Dani is a cleaner, learning to wield the tools of her trade, mops, squeegies, pails, sponges...Why training you ask? Because becoming a cleaner isn't about making a building sparkle, it's about cleansing the Scum out of a place. After all, cleaners, janitors, window washers, handy men, maids...They are more special than you'd imagine.

Dani is a special version of a cleaner, one who can access all the elements to help her combat the Scum, most cleaners can only effectively use
Larry
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a review of the audiobook edition of The Maids of Wrath by Josh Vogt, narrated by Michael Gilboe. Maids of Wrath is the sequel to Enter the Janitor. If you haven’t listened to/read Enter the Janitor first, you won’t have much of an idea of what is going on in Maids. The author doesn’t waste any time with backstory, for which I am grateful, and picks up where the first novel stops.

I enjoyed the “weapons training” (with mops and razor-bladed squeegees) and wish it could have been expounde
Sanzaki Kojika
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Cleaners series first off takes a unique take on magic by relating it to something most people think of as totally mundane...cleaning. The set up for the series as whole is very entertaining. The well-thought out magic-based cleaning system is a strong backbone for the story. It makes you not want to take Janitors, Plungers, Handyman, and others in that industry for granted (and I remember what happened when they got rid of telephone cleaners!).

Book 2, Maids of Wrath, is like an icy plunge i
Regina
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Slightly more serious than Enter the Janitors, but still a mystery with a sense of humor. In this second book, we get to see more of Dani and Ben...and even Jarrod, the demi god. We now know that there is definitely something very special about Ben (not just Dani) and that he still has a purpose in the Cleaners but we don't find out very much about what it is and he does not make very much progress on his beloved wife's death.

We do get to meet a few new characters (literally) who help along the
Beth Cato
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, urban
If you have read a lot of urban fantasy, love it, but want to find something totally innovative, check out this series. Supernatural sanitation workers! That says it all.

This second volume in the Cleaners series continues to be a fast and enjoyable read, even as it delves into grim territory at times. Much of Enter the Janitor involved Dani discovering and accepting her new cleaning prowess; here, she fumbles to wield her new power as more is revealed about the history and dark potential of the
Aibas
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I met Josh Vogt at Emerald City Comicon, and was delighted to find Enter the Janitor and The Maids of Wrath lived up to his delightful description. The supernatural needs cleaning up after, too, and who better to do so than the everyday heros who already clean up the world around us?
While a series, each book so far also stands on its own. I look forward to the next books in the series!
And I actually own the paperback version, but am unable to select it for writing this review. Its ISBN is 97816
Aibas
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Frank
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
I thought this book was so so

couldn't get into it.

It picked up at the end but still not working for me.
JG
Oct 03, 2019
Markus Matheny
Jun 03, 2017
Dana
rated it did not like it
Aug 05, 2016
Apr 19, 2017
Tracy Cembor
Mar 09, 2017

• Killer by Nature
  • The Chosen (Night World, #5)
  • In the Shadows
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
  • The Rift Frequency (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #2)
  • Gunslinger Girl
  • Deep Blue (Waterfire Saga, #1)
  • Rogue Wave (Waterfire Saga, #2)
  • Dark Tide (Waterfire Saga, #3)
  • The Translation of Love
  • Chasing New Horizons: Inside the Epic First Mission to Pluto
  • How to Save an Undead Life (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #1)
  • Great Minds of the Western Intellectual Tradition
  • Promise of Wrath (Hellequin Chronicles, #6)
  • The Waking Fire (The Draconis Memoria, #1)
  • How to Claim an Undead Soul (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #2)
  • The Precipice (No Sanctuary, #2)
  • Shockwave (Star Kingdom #1)
Author Josh Vogt’s work covers fantasy, science fiction, horror, humor, pulp, and more. His debut fantasy novel is Pathfinder Tales: Forge of Ashes, alongside the launch of his urban fantasy series, The Cleaners, with Enter the Janitor, The Maids of Wrath, and The Dustpan Cometh. He’s a freelance writer and editor, a Scribe Award and Compton Crook Award nominee, and a member of both SFWA and the I ...more

The Cleaners (3 books)
  • Enter the Janitor (The Cleaners, #1)
  • The Dustpan Cometh