Start by marking “Sanctuary Island” as Want to Read:
Sanctuary Island

Read Book

Sanctuary Island

Steamy, fast-paced, romantic suspense set in tropical Southwest Florida. Catherine Storm has returned to Sanibel Island. She seeks the tranquility and solitude that her favorite getaway has always offered while she struggles with decisions she must make regarding her career and her future. The last thing Cat expects is to find herself in the arms of a troubled, former Spec ...more
ebook
Published January 1st 2016 by C. F. Francis

To ask other readers questions about Sanctuary Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sanctuary Island

Start your review of Sanctuary Island
Jan T
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that is hard to put down. The story has suspense and mystery and romance, just enough to keep you wanting more. Can not wait to read the second book in the series!
Sarah Andre
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Author to Watch

Mega kudos for this debut; a riveting, cat-and-mouse romantic suspense. The action and dialogue sizzled, the twist at the end refreshingly unexpected. I expect great things in this series! Highly recommend!
Amy Heflin
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you remember your first time? Well, C.F. Francis's first novel is one you'll remember! This fast-paced, suspenseful, and hot romance is set in picturesque Sanibel Island, and it truly captures all the beauty and easy living that the island offers. This setting contrasts nicely with the action of the novel experienced by the main characters, Cat & Colton. Cat is fiery, independent, and hard-headed, but Colt knows just how to tame this free spirit because he's come to the island himself in sear ...more
BARBARA
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well woven story giving a different view of Sanibel/Captiva. Characters are flawlessly drawn and right away you are enmeshed and interested in their lives. Dialogue is smooth and pertinent. I am amazed this is the author's first book. None of that initial stiffness in bringing characters out of two dimensions is here. Pleasantly surprised. Even though I don't normally read romantic suspense, (suspense and thrillers are my usual genres) this book has enough twists in it to keep me guessing....... ...more
Tami Carr
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book! I loved the characters and the plot. It was suspenseful and wondering what Cat would do next kept me turning the pages and I couldn't put it down until I finished it. Very well researched and the descriptions of Sanibel Island made me want to visit! I highly recommend this book to any reader that likes suspense and romance and I can't wait for the next one from this author.
Shannon Sykes
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love, love it. The characters are so easy to identify with and they pull you in immediately. Of course, I love the Sanibel aspect. The author is a great storyteller. Definitely a great read! Can't wait for the next one.
Cathy
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing

What a fantastic read! Suspenseful, quick paced, hot ..... and steamy! Kind of like the Florida weather where this novel takes place! :-) A great novel by a new author! Please write more so I can stay in touch with this cast of characters! You do have a series in mind, please, please, please!!
Carrie
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I cound not put the book down. I felt like I had known Cat and Colt forever. The story has a great balance of true romance, miltary brotherhood and plot twisting adventure. I look forward to the next chapter in Cat and Colts life.
Kristen Jerabek
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!! Loved it!
Mary Rath
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Could not put it down. A wonderful summer read. Can't wait for the next one.
Helen
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic book! It was suspenseful and romantic. The author left you on the edge of your seat. The best romance novel I have read!
Lynn
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cat has come to Sanibel Island to make decisions about her future. Colt is a photographer struggling with re-entry into society after Afghanistan. When they run into each other, literally, on the beach, sparks fly, but Cat is being threatened and Colt wants to be the one to make sure she is safe.
The description of the settings and characters in this book flow with the ease of an experienced writer, but the plot suffers from several problems. In the beginning, Colt pretty much fits the stereotyp
Kitty Oliver
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a treat to read! The story gives a great escape from daily life, just what I want to indulge in when evenings come. The characters are fun, witty and relatable and the Sanibel setting is spot on. Cat is a fav leading lady, spunky and always taking charge but still human and subject to the same struggles we all face. I savored my nightly reading "dates" with this book over a good glass of wine. Truly a sweet read and I'm looking forward to reading her next book, Lover's Key, soon. B ...more
Zara West
When the heroine finds her tranquil vacation destroyed by men trying to kill her, all she can do is turn to a recently retired military man, turned photographer, to protect her. If you like hot sexy heroes and fast-paced action this romantic suspense is for you.
Mary Lou Dyer
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways-i-won
I received a free copy of this book through the Good reads giveaway. It came in the mail yesterday and I started it this morning. Enjoying the book so far, characters are likeable and believable.

Just finished this book. Loved the characters and the plot. Just enough romance and suspense thrown together to round out the story. I can't wait to read more from this author. So thankful to have received this copy through the Giveaways!!
N G
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book held my interest from the start. Love the characters and I am looking forward to this author's next book. Please hurry.
Beth Prather
Dee
Jul 14, 2017
Tall, Dark & Deadly: Sanctuary Island 2 14 Oct 20, 2016 05:18PM

• Waiting for Eden
  • Bone Deep (No Mercy, #3)
  • Clarity (Clarity, #1)
  • A Light in the Darkness (Mysteries of Martha's Vineyard, #1)
  • Silent Evidence (Evidence, #8)
  • Arrow to the Soul (No Mercy, #2)
  • Running Strong (LCR Elite, #5)
  • Death by Bikini (Death By Mysteries, #1)
  • Redemption Road (Vicious Cycle, #2)
  • A Girl Named Digit (Digit, #1)
  • A Tangle of Knots (A Tangle of Knots, #1)
  • One Night with You (Fatal, #0.5)
  • Granite Man (MacKenzie-Blackthorn #4)
  • Too Hot To Handle
  • Fire and Rain (MacKenzie-Blackthorn #2)
  • Sleeper Code (Sleeper Conspiracy, #1)
  • Teen Titans: Raven
  • The Dollhouse Murders
C. F. Francis is a native Floridian. Born in Tampa and raised on the Gold Coast of Florida, she has lived in paradise for most of her life. She loves mystery, suspense and romance and enjoys mixing them up with the tropical heat of South Florida. She considers herself honored to have friends who have served in the military (including Special Forces and Intelligence) who she can rely on for informa ...more