Start by marking “The Forgotten (The Lost Children #1)” as Want to Read:
The Forgotten (The Lost Children #1)

The Forgotten

(The Lost Children #1)

What would happen in a world where the children were suddenly forgotten?

A devastating deal between two devious creatures changes the Balance of all life in the land of Tamaryn. With a blinding flash of light and a rumbling of the earth, brothers Jakob and Kell, awaken to realize they have no memory and no home. When they discover other children who are alone and frightened
Published February 9th 2016 by Booktrope Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Forgotten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forgotten

Start your review of The Forgotten (The Lost Children #1)
Elizabeth  Shuey
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was unlike anything I ever read. Fantasy isn't exactly a type of book I normally read, but when I was offered an ARC i decided to take a chance, and I was glad I did. The author did a fantastic job with the characters and the plot. It was a real page turner and I can't wait to read the next one!!
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it

**** 4 Cranky Stars ****

The story is set on a fantastical world in the land of Tamaryn which was led by the Governor, Will, and his warrior wife, Governess Emilie.

The couple were loved by their People, the land was abundant in crops and peace reigned throughout.

Their children were happily growing and the eldest, Jakob, was being trained to be the next Governor. Even the People’s age-old enemy, the Ubilez, were nowhere to be seen nor sensed by their Seekers. Nothing seemed capable in standing a
Kami
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
This book has very much a folk tale type story telling vibe to it. It also feels like a Native American type tale of the first people. A fairy falls in love with a human and makes a bargain with demons that breaks the natural order of things. The story is set around two sets of siblings, two girls and two boys. The writing and pacing is really good and the book held my interest. Kyla inserts herself into the Governor's life. His children are forgotten. His wife imprisoned. All the children in th ...more
Lyn
May 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, reviews
It was pretty good. I loved the idea of the story, I just thought it could have been executed better. The story focused more on the adults, but since "The Lost Children" is included in the title, I think it should've visited the kids a little more. Also, I just think a little more background information earlier on would have made the story more engaging.
Note: I read this book for free via NetGalley.
Patty Vowell
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an Arc copy in exchange for an honest review. Wow! This was such a wonderful read. Just as I expected, Jennifer Sivic put that amazing imagination of hers in words and created a mystical fantasy that was loaded with excitement, passion, heartbreak and lots of adventure. I highly recommend this book to all.
Sarah Strawinski
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a very different book from the Eva series. At first I had a little trouble following the story but when I was about 40-50% done it clicked and I could follow it.
I loved this book almost as much as I love Losing Eva. Jennifer has a style of writing that you know it's her when you read it. This book was no different, you know it's Jennifer's book. I loved it, 5 stars all the way.
Sarah M
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book!! I never read anything like it. I can't wait for the next book in the series. It does end with a cliffhanger. It shows the strength of the forgotten children. How they are fighters.
Lynn Hill
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh Jennifer, I absolutely love this story! It took a little to get into it but once I got the rhythm of the book, there was no putting it down. If you have ever read Jennifer's books just know this is a bit different but oh just as good. I promise! Thank you Jennifer!
Pat
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I normally don't read fantasy, however, it had a good plot with interesting characters that kept my interest until the very last page!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Samantha Soccorso
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jennifer Sivec has done it again with another well written novel. She knows what the readers want to see and what she wants the characters to sound like. She is a talented, creative and outstanding author in all ways possible. The books she write come from the heart and that is what matters to everyone.

This book has many moments that keeps you guessing and different characters that you fall in love with over time. The children are lost and the adults have no idea. Sounds a little off but once yo
Samantha Soccorso
The Forgotten

Jennifer Sivec
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me
Micielle
Jun 17, 2016
Laurie
Jun 17, 2016
Jennifer Sivec writes beautifully broken stories with heart.

She is attracted to and writes stories with characters that are complicated, flawed and completely imperfect. Her books are often a reflection of life, encompassing difficult subjects such as cancer, addiction, abandonment, and abuse. She writes with a raw, complex, yet hopeful approach often weaving tragic stories with honesty and grace