Start by marking “9 Letters” as Want to Read:
9 Letters

9 Letters

Luke Cawley is a broken man. After his wife's tragic death, he lost everything that mattered in the world. Now, his life is filled with hard days, harder nights, and a steady stream of alcohol and the wrong kind of women. Nothing helps.

Until the letters arrive on Luke's doorstep.

Nine envelopes. Nine messages. Nine chances to find his way back.

Rae Goode is looking for the r
Published February 24th 2016 (first published January 21st 2016)

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
3.5 Stars!!

description

First and foremost you have to know this one was not exactly a romance. At least not for me. It was a lovely, emotional story about life, falling in love, moving on and finding yourself and while there are some romantic elements, I can’t say it was a love story.

"Losing your wife is like losing your whole future, present, and half your past."

“9 letters” tells the story of Luke Cawley, a young man who at the edge of 26 he already experienced loss and grief. He was supposed to be wi
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

25 year old Luke has been just existing since his beloved wife Emily died from cancer a year ago.
He's recently started having meaningless, drunk sex with a co-worker from the bar ....but he doesn't want that anymore.
He has to get his life back on track. His wife wouldn't want to see him acting like he has been these last months.
Just the perfect time for those NINE LETTERS to arrive on his door step.
Letters his wife wrote to him before she died, knowing he would probably not be able to deal with
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I knew Emily was dead. But these letters, they were probably the last words she'd committed to paper, and they traced her downfall as she'd come to terms with her own death. I was reliving her last days, and I wanted her story to end differently. I wanted our happily-ever-after.

photo 6c7d59a413bb3382ad4b5963e2611ebb_zpsuwoxzmwz.jpg

When I heard the buzz about this book, my interest was piqued. I usually stay away from novels written by first-time authors because I just assume the story won't be
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Jan 24, 2016 ♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥ rated it really liked it
You can't destroy the memory of someone, not without destroying a bit of yourself.

When the request came through my blog to review 9 Letters, I was immediately intrigued by the its blurb. There's nothing I'd like more than a broken man trying to move on from a tragic event in his life with the help of a good woman, and on one hand, this book was about that. But on the other hand, it wasn't.

9 Letters is genre-bending debut novel by Blake Austin. I say genre bending because while there was a stro
S.M. West
Feb 19, 2016 S.M. West rated it really liked it
Shelves: broken, arc
4 STARS

While this took a little bit for me to get into, once I did, I lost myself in Luke Crawley’s journey of loss, love and healing through Emily’s letters.

Luke is a young man, who loses his wife, Emily, at the very young age of 23 to cancer. He’s in utter despair. His life’s a mess and try as he might, he doesn’t see any hope or light ahead.

On the first anniversary of Emily’s death, he receives 9 letters from her. They’re numbered 1 to 9. She clearly states her intent with the letters. He
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 20, 2016 Wendy'sThoughts rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: New Author, Blake Austin, Romance, Loss
4 Writing What You Feel Stars
* * * *

They say (who ever they are) "write what you know"....and in this book about gut-wrenching loss and then recovery...a lot of it felt very authentic to me.

Those of us who have been touched with the risk of major surgery, think to write to our loved ones in case things don't turn out as perfect as hoped. Having to put on paper all the things unsaid; hopes and dreams for your family, wishes for them... and your deepest love...it is a humbling experience. As some
warhawke
Feb 17, 2016 warhawke rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Emotional pain sluts
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Male
Rating:

Luke Cowley was an ambitious young man with a whole future in front of him. But the death of his beloved wife tipped his life off balance. He filled his life with meaningless acts, no longer caring for anything that used to be important to him. On the anniversary of her death, he found a box on his doorstep containing nine letters written by his late wife, taking his life into another turn.

I was first attracted to this bo
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3.5 Stars ★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon US | Amazon UK

A debut novel from author Blake Austin, which takes the reader on a journey of a man trying to overcome the grief of losing his wife of five years, Emily.

Luke Cawley is only twenty six, but has already suffered an unimaginable loss. It's been a year since the love of his life died of cancer and he is finding life hard without her. On the anniversary of her death, Luke receives a package containing nine letters, each one to be opened after he has com
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
Feb 22, 2016 Katy Loves Romance ❤️ rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
NOW LIVE
AMZ US ~ http://amzn.to/1LWhwLp
AMZ UK ~ http://amzn.to/21Eoely

3.75 Stars
 photo 1637B517-D427-4A6A-9D93-9E2C3255FB08_zpsodfydbta.jpg

This is going to be a quick review as way behind with my reading as had a hectic week, so this will be short and sweet.

So what's it about
This is about a man (Luke) who is now a widow and struggling with life, with living and is spending his time drinking in bars and having meaningless sex to numb the pain. He is not living and he just doesn't know how to get out of the black hole he is in. Then on the 1 year Anni
Hilary
Feb 24, 2016 Hilary rated it it was amazing
9 Letters is filled with profound insight and gut wrenching truths on loss, coping and grief in general. It swept me up and moved me to tears.

This book is real. Not dramatize, over exaggerated, or fantasized in any way. Just real. Really profound, sincere, earnest. There are not enough words to full describe the incredible way 9 Letters is written. It isn’t written with the biggest words in the dictionary or in a poetic way. But rather the author takes on the voice of the hero fully and wows th
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Blake Austin" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Nine Letters
AUTHOR: Blake Austin
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: 16th February, 2016

MY RATING:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

An enjoyably debut novel by Blake Austin, love, loss, redemption, and ever-enduring love..

NINE LETTERS: is told entirely in Luke Cawley's words, how he met his wife, to her dying days, his downward slope into drinking and sleeping with numerous nameless woman..

On the day of his
Jayme
It is a little different book than you can usual read, with a pretty normal life subject. It's not even really a romance, more a book about life, mourning and finding yourself again. Yes, on the way you can find here pretty cool love story.

I completely love this quote that actually perfectly describes this book.

“Nothing too sappy, nothing too full of explosions. Something full of characters just doing their best to get through life.”

About the plot: Luke Cawley lost his wife. He is a 24 year
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
I decided reading Nine Letters out of the blue. It’s no secret I like to take chances on new author and when the blurb is appealing I rarely second guessed myself.
Nine Letters has the potential to be the first book to many more to come. Austin Blake is one true talented author. The writing is excellent, the book will captivate you and Luke's story is gripping! Managing to write about such a heavy and real subject can be tricky but Austin Blake delivers a beautiful tale about the journey of a man
Olga therebelreader

Nine Letters is an emotional, soul-touching story. Mr. Austin’s characters feel human and vulnerable. This book definitely touched my heart and made it ache more than once.

The nine letters that Luke receives one year after his wife (Emily) dies say the unthinkable. Emily makes her last wishes and hopes for Luke to move on and survive his grief. Both Luke and Rae have issues in coming to terms with the reality of their situation. He is still grieving, and she's been burned by a man in t
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

photo 588B09CF-2695-4645-AFCA-3AB14DBAB287_zpsvso0vusn.jpg

Nine Letters is a story of a young man who is overcoming the devastating loss of his wife to cancer. It's been a year and Luke Cawley is still a shell of a man. He gave up his career and instead is working just a couple days a week as a bartender to put food on the table to survive but that's it. Until the one year anniversary of Emily's death arrives and he finds a package on his doorstep...

9 Letters.

Nine letters written in Emily's hand. Each letter with instructions, a challenge of sorts
Michelle
Feb 14, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 52758fa02d847947dca03577da3558_zpsnvenwal3.gif

Nine letters. Nine hopes. Nine chances of redemption. Nine letters to live again. In Blake Austin's debut novel, Nine Letters, Mr. Austin immerses his readers with a heartfelt raw emotional tale on the struggles of dealing with grief and loss in the eyes of Luke Cawley.

Broken. Lost. Hurt. Angry. Luke Cawley is half the man he used to be. He lost his reason. His love. His wife. Five years of love was abruptly stolen from him. His world, his
Raj
Feb 23, 2016 Raj rated it liked it
This book is like a tortured puzzle.It may be fun finding all the pieces along the way yet the final picture that emerges may not be to everyone's taste.Here we have a man caught between 3 women:

Megan his regular fuck buddy with whom he has "vicious chemistry" in bed.He circles around her like a guilty shark seeking blood 70 % of the book though the fucking stops when he meets the heroine but not the sexual attraction that is magnetic between them.She is his painkiller after the death of his wif
Gi's Spot Reviews
This one is most definitely NOT for me...
Self note:

Jen
Feb 16, 2016 Jen rated it really liked it

Ok, so I was in the mood for something that would bring on the feels and maybe a few tears. After reading the blurb for 9 Letters, I decided it was the winner. It lived up to my expectations. It is a beautiful story of a man's journey of getting his life back on track after his wife dies.

Luke Cawley met the love of his life, Emily, in high school. After high school they eventually married. They were supposed to be together forever. Unfortunately, fate had different plans for them and Emily passe
Bex (Night Owl Reader)
Jan 28, 2016 Bex (Night Owl Reader) rated it really liked it
Nine Letters is a poignant look into the life of a man who has lost the love of a lifetime. When we meet Luke, he is floundering in his grief, unable to move on from his wife’s death from cancer. His story is one of loss, but also one of moving on.

A year after her death, Luke receives nine letters from his wife. Through these letters and the tasks she has given him, he is finally able to become unstuck and begins to heal from the devastating loss. Luke may never get over the loss completely, but
Kate's Corner
Nine Letters isn’t what I expected at all. I finished this book yesterday, so with some of what I’m gonna write I’ll be winging it peeps.

I don’t like labels so this isn’t a pure new adult romance but there is much more depth to this book to the characters and to the journey that our main character Luke takes.

At a young age you think that you know everything. The older you get and the more you experience you realise you know jack shite about things especially if they drive over you with an 18 w
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
'I wanted to never open them. I wanted to always have them, in case I needed them, unopened and waiting.'

I used to think that men didn't grieve in the same way as women did. I thought that after the death of a partner/wife that a man would move on earlier than a woman would. That was until I knew a man who went through the loss of his wife and then my ridiculous assumptions were proved wrong and I felt ashamed for ever having them.

Luke was widowed one year ago, after his sweet wife Emily died
Wil Loves Books!
Feb 11, 2016 Wil Loves Books! rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Nine Letters is the debut book by Blake Austin and it definitely does not disappoint. When I first started reading the book, I was definitely not expecting what I read, yet I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I would have to start by saying that this is not your typical love story/romance book. It is very different. This is Luke story, and Luke’s alone, through the process of meeting and falling in love with his wife, losing her and then putting his life back together. This is not Luke and ...more
Veronika's ReaderFeeder
Feb 05, 2016 Veronika's ReaderFeeder rated it really liked it
4- Heart-touching- Stars

description

ARC was kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This was a beautiful, heartfelt story which gave me all the feels. This story is about love, grief, moving on, and although maybe it wasn’t perfect but I loved it anyway.

Luke and Emily met at high school and they immediately had the connection. Emily was the witty country girl who just moved to the city and Luke was the popular guy, the baseball star of the sch
Sandy Ⓢ
[Reto 2017, Libro #13: P. Viudo]

Me gustó, porque no era lo que esperaba, la sinopsis engaña un poco; además el romance fue dejado en segundo plano y agregamosle que fue escrito por un chico.
Ellen at Book Bellas
3.5 - 4 Stars!!

Blake Austin’s debut shows incredible promise and this author is definitely one to watch!

9 Letters is a story about real people facing real-life, heartbreaking issues. Luke is barely existing, living day to day after the very tragic loss of his young wife. He can’t seem to pull himself together and get back to real life. He has distanced himself from his wife’s family and is certainly not living up to his potential. How would Luke ever pull himself out of the depression he was in?
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
REVIEW: SURJ

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

"9 Letters" had all the makings of a book that could have been quite spectacular. I loved the title and of course "Mr Man bun" on the cover. In fact I thought the title, the cover and the synopsis went perfectly together. I'd even go so far as to say, everything about Luke Crawley's story screamed "must read" to me so of course when the opportunity a
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
DNF. Sadly this book didn't quite work for us.
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends

Don't you just love the magic of books especially when you find a story that makes you cry and smile at the same time. What I'd like to know though is where the hell did this story come from? It was painfully emotional but beautifully told. Blake Austin, you owe me tissues, lots of tissues!

After reading the synopsis, I was 100% drawn to it. The premise was familiar but the story was refreshing. I'm not a lover those “ugly cry” books so this was as close as I am even willing to head into those wa
Michelle Rodriguez
Jan 26, 2016 Michelle Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
Nine Letters by Blake Austin

Review 4.5 Stars

I have read a handful of male authors and the ones that I have read, I have enjoyed their books. When I read the synopsis for Nine Letters, I had to get it because it’s the type of book that I love to read. Yes, it’s a Contemporary Romance, but for me it was more than that, but I will come back to this later. This is Blake Austin’s debut novel and I was pleasantly surprised with this book.

Luke Crawley is a broken man, over a year ago, he lost his youn
  • Unsocial (The Monroe Family, #1)
  • Stand-In Star
  • Strictly Professional (Strictly Professional #1)
  • Tessa's Pride
  • Roustabout (Traveling, #3)
  • Hooker (L.A. Liaisons, #2)
  • Ink & Lies
  • Big Brother Complex
  • The Ground Rules Undone (The Rule Breakers, #3)
  • Current
  • A Silent Prayer (A Prayer Series #1)
  • Specimen
  • Wood U (Carved Hearts, #4)
  • From Dust (Portland ME, #1)
  • Into the Storm
  • One
  • On the Edge
  • Sweet Jayne

“staring at the sky—and I pulled out a letter from Emily, one year dead.” 0 likes
“She took my hand in hers again, and I reckon I fell apart right then and there.” 0 likes