Start by marking “A Stolen Kiss (Stolen Royals #1)” as Want to Read:
A Stolen Kiss (Stolen Royals #1)

A Stolen Kiss

(Stolen Royals #1)

A stolen kiss. An unstable curse. One big mess in the making.

Derric Harver never expected to amount to anything more than the palace stableboy, but when Princess Maria's curse keeps her from accepting a prince's proposal, she turns to him for help, and he doesn't dare refuse.

With the help of a lady's maid and a prince, Derric and Maria embark on a dangerous adventure to
Paperback, First Edition, 346 pages
Published March 1st 2016 by Swanifide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Stolen Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Stolen Kiss

Start your review of A Stolen Kiss (Stolen Royals #1)
Katerina Kondrenko
5.5 out of 10

This is a Disney-like story about mature characters inside a fairytale-ish world with fairytale-ish stuff which is told from different POVs, has a few twists (one is predictable, one is not) and is rich with humor and wits.

You'll travel though magic lands with a cursed princess who's falling for a stable-boy, her funny and charming betrothed prince who's in love with another girl, the stable-boy with a gift for magic and forbidden love for the princess, and his sister-in-law who
TJ✨
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Received from: Swanifide Publishing
Received Via: NetGalley.com

THE REVIEW

Why this book?
It seemed like a book for me

What I thought

This book was wonderful. This fairytale adventure was filled with likable characters, magic, magical creatures and little plot twists! I liked the character development and the world building was excellent! You can tell that many other fairytales inspired this like The Swan Princess etc. It was a fun read from the beginning to the end, I enjoyed it immensely!
Jessi ♡
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
This was a quick cute innocent read. This fairytale story was different from what I expected, I enjoy so much seeing characters grow, and this happened with every one of them. Granted we didn't go that deep into their thoughts and who they are, but you learn to care for them as the book goes on. The plot was interesting enough, you can guess the "big reveals", I mean, it's a fairytale! Anyways, it isn't an iconic book that I'll spend hours obsessing over and I probably won't think much of it in ...more
Aoife
I received a free digital copy from the author/publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest feedback.

In A Stolen Kiss Maria, the princess of Opea, was cursed as a child by the sorceress Gilda. Now, Maria, with the help of her maid Sarah, Sarah's brother and stableboy Derric and her betrothed Humphrey set off on a mission to find Gilda and get the curse reversed This ends up in ad adventure full of secrets to be revealed, magical creatures like centaurs and shapeshifters plus one epic
Lucija The Reader
When I just saw this book on Netgalley, I thought that it will be really fun and amazing, but unfortunately, it wasn't. To be honest, I didn't love the characters but I didn't hate them. I didn't care. Then, the story was kind of slow and I just wasn't interested and I didn't want to continue on with this book. I am really sorry that I haven't finished, but I'm sure that it will take me forever and I just don't have any interest. By what I've seen, how other people have reviewed it, I just feel ...more
rachel ☾
3.5 stars - Review copy provided by Swanifide Publishing for an honest review.

If you adored The Potion Diaries then I've found you're next love. You're welcome. No, but seriously this book and The Potion Diaries share a similar writing style, and both follow friends-on-a-magical-quest plotlines. The relationships and characterization is also similar, and both books deal with royalty. The one major difference is that A Stolen Kiss is set in a more traditional fantasy world than The Potion Diaries
Kira Simion
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
On-Hold for now because my kindle is doing something where all my books either are there or disappear. I don't like to stop reading for a week.

Edit: (5-26-16)

I enjoyed this book and I want to thank NetGalley for graciously sharing this with me for an honest review. Thank you.

A peasant with brains goes on a quest with a girl in this adventure of a story. They work together to help a kingdom and I really enjoyed their characteristics/the characters.

Take the journey and give this a try. It's a
E.F.B.
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Older teens and adults who like fantasy and fairytales
Edit: I just discovered this thing lost part of the content section *frowns at Goodreads* so I just added it back on.

Okay, I want to start my review by saying that, when I started this story, I posted an update saying I thought this might be a retelling of the Swan Princess. However, now that I have both finished the book and researched Swan Princess/Swan Lake I realizes this is NOT a retelling. While the princess does turn into a swan every night because of a curse, this is otherwise it's own
T.J. Burns
What a fun ride! What I thought was going to be a light, amusing, predictable fairy tale romance turned out to be an exciting, complex, and fun coming-of-age story, with amusing and entertaining characters, packed full of surprises.

The 4 main characters are fun, interesting, diverse -- all experience personal growth, and all are integral to the story's charm. The supporting characters are also appealing, each in his/her own way.

I liked following Derric's coming-of-age story – watching his
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Thanks to Netgalley and Pikko’s House for giving me this book to review.

A Stolen Kiss is a nice light YA fantasy book which has a Fairytale like plot. It is fast paced, with a magical quest and a sweet romance. However, it is also predictable and a bit forgettable. Apart from Derric, the characters were not that interesting and felt flat.

Maria is a kind character who grows in independence. Derric is the most interesting character as he is selfless, clever and complex and during the book grows
Marie Allcock
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review and from page 1 I was gripped, the characters are so real and alive yet the story is pure fantasy. I was reluctant to have to stop reading and carry on with daily life.
Without introducing any spoilers, this book shows that you can do anything if you learn to stop being led by the expectations of others.
Don't get get me wrong - it's not a moralistic book - just pure enjoyment, adventure, humour, friendship and love all rolled into one.
I can't
Shannon ✨
Nathaniel Hardman
Mar 25, 2016 rated it liked it
General thoughts:

The word that keeps coming to mind is "nice". This is a very NICE book. You know how in some books, once the characters are introduced, conflicts come into view, and you feel this DREAD, this, "Oh no. That better not happen. He better not do that." And then that DOES happen, and it's devestating, but then, gradually, you find catharsis and resulotion? (Think of Anna Karenina as she starts flirting with Vronsky) Anyway, you know that kind of book? Well this is NOT that kind of
Bailey Skye
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2016-reads, fairytale
4/5 Stars

A Stolen Kiss is a delightful read if you're looking for something light and fluffy. This book worked its way into my heart with it's every detail. First I fell in love with it's cute cover, then with the story itself. While the book reads at more of a middle grade level, I quickly accepted that fact and kept reading knowing that ultimately the story was going to be a bit fluffy. That didn't hinder my enjoyment. I think perhaps it was more of the fact that I stumbled upon this book at
Sara
I really enjoyed this fairy tale novel. It hooked me from the start and kept me entertained all the way through. The story was original, magical, and romantic. I loved the world the author created, from the magic it had, to the creatures who lived in it, down to the names of the kingdoms and magic lands (Like Fangralee Forest and the Mortal Marsh).
This tale had a real fable feel to it, it was an adorable, sweet read filled with adventure and magical sparks.

Why It's not five stars:
-The first
Michelle
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I am so glad you all picked this book for me. It was a really fun read and a great fairytale type story. I really liked the characters and the story was interesting. I did find it was a bit slow at times, sort of wanted more of the end and less of the middle. I think the "villain" as the end wasn't explained enough and the ending happened so quickly, however, overall, I really liked this story.

The story is told in multiple POVs. I really liked Derric and the prince made me laugh a few times.
Ashley (Bound to Love YA)
I read an ARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This book is a light-hearted retelling of the Swan Princess. I love a good re-telling, but this book fell short of my expectations. Some young adult books are enchanting at any age, but due to the simplicity of the characters and writing style, this one will probably be appreciated by the middle-school and older elementary crowd.

One thing that irked me was that many of the principle protagonists didn't have a strong
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
I am absolutely kicking myself for letting this one wait on my Kindle for far too long(over a year!!). I absolutely loved everything about this one! I can't believe that this was Kelsey Keating's debut novel! I will be honest, the first thing that pulled me in to this book was that gorgeous cover. It's so pretty. Then when I read the synopsis I knew I was hooked.

Kelsey Keating takes us on an exciting quest through a magical world. She really has a way with pulling you in to the story. I ended up
Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 4.5

Thank you, Netgalley and Kelsey Keating for the opportunity to read this book. This was an amazing read. The story is a remake of fairytales, Disney princesses, and the curse that's broken by a kiss. I thought the premise was interesting and different.

In this book, Derric and Maria are bound by a curse that she needs to break if she wants to marry Prince Humphrey. So, they go on a journey along with Sarah,
Aubrey
Mar 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this ARC from NetGalley.
I was immediately caught by the cover. I'm a very visual person, so pretty covers are my weakness.

That being said, the rest of the experience dulled in comparison for me.
For me, the pacing was off. The beginning was quick and left me with too many questions. I felt pretty lost for most of it.

I wanted to like this. I mean, POC kingdom where Caucasians are the minority, sounds like a nice beginning to me.
Though, I felt like the culture of the kingdom seemed
Dee/ bookworm
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it

A Stolen Kiss by Kelsey Keating is a wonderful "fairytale" like story that has so many new twists and turns it is entirely its own. I really enjoyed reading this very clean adventure/romance novel. It did get a little drug down by details in the middle during the trek, however; if we hadn't had to got through that with the characters, I don't think we would have seen all the turmoil, anguish, the joy and happiness, all the character growth. This was an excellent book on character growth. Each
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
I received an eARC via NetGalley. I made no guarantee of a favorable review and the opinion expressed here is unbiased and my own.

I will admit that though it took me a bit to get into the swing of this story I eventually found myself getting caught in the web this author weaved. The story line did start off slow but once it picked up I enjoyed the fantasy and the beautiful characters. I must say that I loved the cover and that's the main reason why I picked this book to read.

Diana
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was really looking forward to this series, especially with all the positive reviews. The book was a 300+ pages but I was disappointed to not get much character growth. I think the book had a good story and the characters seem promising but it wasn't enough substance in writing for me to look forward to book #2. I still recommend this book for people who love fantasy and magic with a little twist.
Laura Custodio
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
***Free ARC in exchange for an honest review***

I enjoyed reading this book immensely. I love fantasy and fairy tales and this fits right in with the best of them. I found this book to be a great YA fantasy but with themes, characters and events that tread a darker, adult path.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves fairy tales with a bit of a twist.
Katie Cross
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read this on Wattpad. Super excited to see it in print. 4/5 stars for a quick escapist fantasy.
Murooj Taihr
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Best book ever. The characters were complex and went through growth throughout the book. A Stolen Kiss is a book worthy of being read over and over.
Anne Rhys
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading it! I cannot WAIT to read the final versions of your next books!!
Madison
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Going into this book I wasn't putting my heart into the first few chapters, mainly due to the whole "oh its a fairy tale happy ever after" Against my better judgement I choose to read this anyways.

I have to admit that I did fall in love with the character in the start. Derric perhaps being my favorite out of the bunch.

This work which was first on wattpad, being turned into a eread and paperback is very impressive in itself. The author wrote most of the chapters with thought out events and great
Krista
Sep 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books that you read after reading something very heavy. After finished ACOTAR trilogy and some nonfictions reads I needed something a little mindless.

It's a cute story and a bit predictable. I feel safe saying I won't be finishing the series but it was a fun book for a few hours.
Natalie
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
3.5 stars, rounded down

A cute debut. I liked the way everything was interwoven and fit together. The characters were interesting to read about and the story was pretty good. I loved Burt.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• In 27 Days (In 27 Days, #1)
  • She's With Me
  • Hunting for Silence (Storm and Silence, #5)
  • Stay With Me (She's With Me, #2)
  • The Bad Boy and the Tomboy
  • Storm of Bells (Storm and Silence, #6)
  • The Hoodie Girl
  • Silence is Golden (Storm and Silence, #3)
  • Chasing Red
  • I Sold Myself To The Devil For Vinyls... Pitiful I Know
  • The Traitor Prince
  • The Smirking Jerk
  • The Quirky Tale of April Hale
  • A secret service
  • Mr. Popular and I
  • Kissing Is the Easy Part
  • The Road to Farringale (Modern Magick, #1)
  • The Good, The Bad, And The Bullied (The Good Girl's Bad Boys, #1)
Kelsey Keating is a horse of a different color. When not busy dancing to the beat of her own drum (who has the patience to march?), she's busy enjoying all the amazing things in God's creation.

Kelsey's style of writing leans to YA Fantasy and Women's Fiction.

Stolen Royals (2 books)
  • A Stolen Crown (Stolen Royals #2)
“Anything worth having is worth struggling to achieve.” 1 likes