Start by marking “The Millionaire Makeover (Bachelor Auction, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Millionaire Makeover (Bachelor Auction, #2)

The Millionaire Makeover

(Bachelor Auction #2)

He promised to stay away…but some promises are made to be broken

Plain-Jane computer programmer Khloe Richardson needs a date—one to make the prince of her dreams jealous. Maybe then he'll finally see her as a desirable swan and not the ugly duckling in the second office from the left.

But when she bids on a bachelor at a charity auction, the man she wins is millionaire Nial
Published February 8th 2016 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Indulgence)

Start your review of The Millionaire Makeover (Bachelor Auction, #2)
Claire Robinson
5 - "I'd rather have a Brazilian than go on a date with him!" Stars!

I only discovered Naima Simone’s writing last year, and I have to say she has delivered absolutely stellar books on both occasions. The Millionaire Makeover is the second book in The Bachelor Auction series, but I haven’t read the first and it had absolutely no impact on my enjoyment of this one.

Older Brothers best friend, is a winning trope for me, and Naima took the story between Niall and Khloe a little bit further in that he
sraxe
Feb 07, 2016 marked it as do-not-read
Virgin/Manwhore. H took her virginity, then proceeded to ditch her. In the three years since, he even had the time to get married and divorced. I don't know if the h hooked up with anyone else, but it's looking like a no because not only does the synopsis describe her as being a "shy wallflower," but she also needs help getting a date.

(I had originally marked this one as to-read, but after the dithering of the h in the first book, I have a feeling this is going to be more of the same. Pass.)
Sybil aka Lala
This book is from Entangled’s Indulgence label and that’s exactly what it was, a sweet guilty pleasure to indulge in. The tropes of falling for your best friend’s little sister, falling for the callous millionaire and the ugly duckling turning into a swan are all captured in this story and I must admit, I really enjoyed it.

Khloe has done a spectacular job of blending into the background her entire life but when her crush on a co-worker drives her to wanting to become more than furniture, her bes
Mandy
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5

My favorite thing about this book was the chemistry between Khloe and Niall. Niall was best friends with Khloe's older brother. After Khloe's brother passes away, Niall and Khloe find comfort in each other for a night. The next morning, Niall pushes Khloe away because he promised he would never hurt her. 3 years later and they end up back in each others lives. The chemistry between them was amazing. I had only one small complaint about this book (view spoiler)
Ivy Deluca
description
Lots of smutnip for me: Tall, dark and handsome but broody hero. Nerdy, curvy heroine. A makeover and lots of sexual tension. While the broody was a bit overwhelming, there was alot that I did enjoy.

The Setup: The story begins with Niall waking up from the latest one night stand, still a big foggy from drinking and mourning. That clears in a heartbeat when he realizes that his latest is Khloe, his best friend’s little sister. The best friend who just died. The guilt is huge, and then said BFF Mi
BookLover
ARC requested through Netgalley, and kindly provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this story. My first read by Naima Simone, The Millionaire Makeover told the story of Niall and Khloe. Niall was carrying a lot of guilt over the death of his best friend, Michael. Khloe was Michael’s off-limits sister who also had a major crush on Niall.

This story had all of the things I love in a good millionaire love story. Niall was an alpha tough guy. He came off as
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
There are some types of stories that offer a tried and true storyline I just love to read and review. Easy flowing, a delight to read, entertaining with characters you enjoy getting to know. This one is exactly that.

The Millionaire Makeover was a fun book to read. I love the whole concept of a best friend's little sister, fall in love, steamy hot storyline. This one also included of fun bachelor auction. How can you go wrong with a story like that?

The author did a great job creating Niall and hi
Irene
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

I really enjoyed The Millionaire Makeover. The storyline was engaging from the first page and my interest as held until the end.
Loved the interaction between the main characters and the drama was well written.

Overall a heartwarming read and I highly recommend it.

Thank you Entangled Indulgence for the advance copy.
Juliette Cross
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What I was expecting was a funny, sexy romp with our hot millionaire and our adorable, "geeky" heroine. Well, I got that, but SO much more. Simone takes us on a fun ride with clever and witty banter and inner monologue that had me literally laughing out loud. But she also twisted my heart into mush on several occasions. Especially the ending. *sigh* Brilliant, fun, and swoony romcom you don't want to miss.

Recommended for lovers of hilarious romcom and smoking hot, dark and broody Irishmen! ;)
Sarine
hmmmm it was goooooddd !
Review to come ! but thanks for making me cry !!
Jabberwocky

Title: The Millionaire Makeover
Series: (Bachelor Auction, #2)
Author: Naima Simone
Genres: Adult Contemporary Romance
Tropes: Best Friend's Little Sister, Second Chance
Rating: 4.5-Stars
Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)
Blog: HERE

Beauty and the Bachelor (Bachelor Auction, #1) by Naima Simone (Bachelor Auction, #1)Beauty and the Bachelor
The Millionaire Makeover (Bachelor Auction, #2) by Naima Simone (Bachelor Auction, #2) The Millionaire Makeover

full review to come

Writing:
Beanimous
Sep 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF 21%.

I have had read some decent books from this author, so I will continue to check out more works from this author in the future. However, for this book, it is simply not my cup of tea.

The plot is not original, boy loves girl, girl loves boy, they slept together, but boy can't get together with the girl, because the girl is his dead best friend's sister, and she deserve better than him. (Gag!) So boy treats girl badly after sleeping with her and disappeared from her life. Years later, boy m
Maria Rose
This second story in the Bachelor Auction series (easily read as a standalone ) is a sexy 'best friend's little sister' trope romance. Niall blames himself for his best friend Michael's death, and though in a grief filled haze he turned to Michael's younger sister Khloe to forget, he's never forgiven himself for their one night of passion in which she gave him her trust (and her virginity). Wracked with guilt, he cut off all contact, leaving Khloe alone and grieving not only her brother but the ...more
Nicola
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a sexy read with a great couple that has humour and will leave you with a serious case of the warm and fuzzies, then The Millionaire Makeover ticks all the boxes. Pretty much everything worked for me; the writing style, the story and the characters were a treat and this is coming from someone who isn't easily pleased when it comes to romances containing makeovers. But when you're presented with a heroine who, on the whole, does it for herself and her reasons, then that make ...more
Dee's Reading Zone
Really good read!

Niall and Khloe was such a passionate couple and left me very in touch with their connection.
atomickitten
Jan 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 stars
If Cinderella and Ugly Duckling had a baby, this book would be it. It has a bit of that hallmark-ish vibes, but it's not that pg-13 so we get some good ol' steamy goodness. (thank god!) ;).

Honestly, this book was cute as hell and I really enjoyed it. Maybe not as much as book 4 in the series but if you look for a nice, easy read with a brooding hero and a sweet but a bit naive heroine, go for it.
These two have some really nice chemistry going on and the pace is really good. Same as
Erin Kelly
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Millionaire Makeover” is my first book by Naima Simone, and it will definitely not be my last. Right up front: this is not a typical millionaire book. And for me, that’s a good thing. For some reason, the trope of some prick rich guy falling for his secretary doesn’t really speak to me (Pride and Prejudice notwithstanding). The fact that the guy has money is not really integral to the plot; in fact, this is really more of a second chance romance.

The Story-
When Niall’s best friend and practical
Alison
A slightly disappointed three stars.

This had all the hallmarks of a great romance: Niall Hunter is a sexy billionaire who takes the virginity of best friend's little sister Khloe Richardson whilst drunk and mourning his best friend's death. He then finds a letter from his best friend, Michael, asking him to stay away from Khloe, because she deserved someone better, someone who could give her the white picket fence, children and dogs that she wanted. Sick with remorse at what he had done Niall ki
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Oh my gosh!!! I am officially on the Naima Simone bandwagon. Why I haven’t hopped on board before, I have no idea..

The Millionaire Makeover is more than your usual best friend/sibling trope. The story has a bit of sadness and loss to it. However, it’s the loss that makes this story all the more sweeter in the end.

Off the bat, Niall Hunter and Khloe Richardson are two characters you can’t help but like. Niall is an Irish record company CEO and owner. He’s a millionaire playboy who changes women a
Karen's Bookshelf
I just love when you have a tortured soul who thinks they're unworthy of any kind of happily-ever-after. That's why I truly enjoyed Niall and Khloe's story. This story had all the makings of a great love story for me. The handsome, rich, tortured millionaire b.k.a Niall Hunter, who doesn't think he deserves anything more than meaningless relationships with many unmemorable women. Then we have the good-girl self-proclaimed nerd, Khloe Richardson, who knows she's not your run-of-the-mill natural b ...more
Nikki Brooks
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Another sure fire winner by Ms Simone!!! I love her books. They are great little nuggets of awesomeness. Great characters, fabulously well written characters and a story you can really sink your teeth into! The characters make you feel genuine concern for them and you're rooting for their HEA!!!

Millionaire Makeover was a sumptuous read, I easily got lost in the world of Niall and Khloe. I'm a sucker for the old best friends sister/brother trope so this was right up my alley. I loved to hate Nia
Fizza
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a wonderful read! I loved the story and it has some strong as well as well developed characters. And the ending was just epic, brought tears to my eyes.
All Khloe wants is a date for a gala. She thinks she is love with her boss but he has never paid any attention to her. Now this is her last desperate attempt to make him notice her. But somehow she ends up with Niall being her date. She hates him and can't stand his presence so now she cannot even go the gala..
What Niall didn't expect wa
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I found that second chance love could be undoubtedly the best. The heat, the fire, the chemistry along with the hurt, the lost, the confusion. Naima Simone brings me into the world of Khloe and Niall. A 4star Makeover. Their one night of passion has been cast in to the role of being just for comfort from the loss of someone close to them both. Now life has dealt them a second chance with a few bumps in the way.

Niall was this hot as sin, sexy as all get out foreign speaking (hot Irish brogue), b
Heather andrews
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Niall can be quite the jealous man, “because another man’s hands were on you. Because another man sat at your side like you were his. Because I wanted to beat the ***t out of him for daring to touch you, but I didn’t have the right.” I liked this book Niall was one strong alpha.
Chi
PHWOAR!

That was one, scorching hot read! Naima Simone seriously doesn't hold back on the sex and the plain talking! This book, sizzled!

Some of the scenarios might've been contrived, especially with Michael interfering from beyond the grave, but it was such a lovely, honest story. Niall, a man unaccustomed to love, finds himself missing his best friend, and deeming himself unworthy of the love of the most amazing woman he had ever known... who also happened to be his dead best friend's little sis
Taryn
Khloe has hatched the perfect plan: go to a bachelor auction (as you do), take her bachelor as her date to the office Christmas party, and when her longtime crush sees her with another man, he’ll suddenly realize she’s everything he’s ever wanted and fall for her on the spot. Shockingly, this plan falls apart almost immediately, as the bachelor she wins turns out to be Niall, the gorgeous Irish hunk who broke her heart years ago. Niall does the whole “I’m not good enough for you” self-flagellati ...more
Kimberly
4.5 stars - My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2016/02...

It’s not often you get a Cinderella tale where the hero is both the fairy godmother and Prince Charming. Niall Hunter plays both roles in The Millionaire Makeover , and the results are fantastic. Naima Simone’s second Bachelor Auction novel is fast, fun, sexy, and tugs on the heartstrings in the best way.

Khloe Richardson had a huge crush on her brother’s best friend, but after tragedy brings her and N
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

The Millionaire Makeover is about two individuals whose grief brought them together for one night, and after not seeing each other for a while fate has brought them together again, this time for good.

Having read the previous book in the series, Beauty and the Bachelor, I have to say that Simone has done a great job at bringing a fresh and interesting book yet again. I loved reading the first book, but The Millionaire Makeover had me readin
Deborah
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a great millionaire storyline and when you add brother's best friend in the mix-you have a story that rocked!

Khloe's brother died in a car accident. Overcome with grief, Khloe and his best friend Niall, find comfort in each others arms for an unforgettable night. Khloe is supposed to be off limits and in the morning pushes her away. He promises not to ever hurt her so he's stayed away. When circumstances present themselves and Niall is once again in Khloe's life.

Khloe has never gotten ov
Eva Millien
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
To make the prince of her dreams jealous, Khloe Richardson needs a date, but when she bids on a bachelor at a charity auction, she gets the infamous lothario that gave her one night of passion and then left without a word in this spellbinding contemporary romance.

Niall Hunter promised his friend he’d stay away but here he is transforming his sister’s best friend from a shy wallflower to a sultry siren and the reader can’t help but get caught up in the gripping fairy tale as Niall can’t seem to r
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Some Like It Charming (It's Only Temporary #1)
  • Some Like It Perfect  (A Temporary Engagement, #3)
  • Some Like It Ruthless  (A Temporary Engagement #2)
  • Dirty Irish
  • Irish on the Rocks (Murphy Brothers #2)
  • An Offer From A Gentleman: The 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #3.5)
  • Wicked to Love (Wicked Lovers #5.5)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me: The 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #2.5)
  • Ancient Protector (Ancients Rising, #1)
  • When He Was Wicked: The 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #6.5)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love: The 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #5.5)
  • Straight up Irish (Murphy Brothers, #1)
  • The Duke and I: The Epilogue II (Bridgertons, #1.5)
  • Handle with Care (Veteran Movers #3)
  • All About Passion (Cynster, #7)
  • Accidentally Compromising the Duke (Wedded by Scandal, #1)
  • Wicked in His Arms (Wedded by Scandal, #2)
  • Hell Breaks Loose (Devil's Rock, #2)
USA Today Bestselling author Naima Simone’s love of romance was first stirred by Johanna Lindsey, Sandra Brown and Linda Howard many years ago. Well not that many. She is only eighteen…ish. Though her first attempt at a romance novel starring Ralph Tresvant from New Edition never saw the light of day, her love of romance, reading and writing has endured. Published since 2009, she spends her days—a ...more

Bachelor Auction (4 books)
  • Beauty and the Bachelor (Bachelor Auction, #1)
  • The Bachelor's Promise (Bachelor Auction, #3)
  • A Millionaire at Midnight (Bachelor Auction, #4)