Start by marking “Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)” as Want to Read:
Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)

Boundary Born

(Boundary Magic #3)

Something wicked is at work in Colorados supernatural community. Vampires are being paralyzed or killed with poisona weapon favored by witches. This offense threatens to break apart the already-fractured alliance between witches and the undead.

The states cardinal vampire, Maven, summons boundary witch Allison Lex Luther to stop the killing before it ignites a war. Lex has
Published June 21st 2016 by 47North

To ask other readers questions about Boundary Born, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boundary Born

Start your review of Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
IDK, hard to rate this one. While entertaining, I thought it was a reach that wasn't flushed out as well as it could have. And it resolved itself too easily. But I am happy that Quinn is still Quinn and none of the other potential possibilities happened like Simon and John. Cryptic much? Lol. If you read, you should get my meaning.
Aisling Zena

Series on hold. Author will focus on her other series. Which is a bloody shame.
Ian
The vampires are under attack and Maven, Colorado's Cardinal Vampire calls on Lex to get to the bottom of it. What she discovers is more than just a plot, it's a vendetta and the culprits are closer to Lex than is comfortable.

Boundary Born is brilliant. It's what I would describe as a perfect book. I don't have a single complaint.

Many thanks to 47North and Netgalley for providing me with this ARC
Montzalee Wittmann
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Boundary Born by Melissa F Olson and narrated by Kate Rudd is the third book in the series. This book takes a crazy turn into the world of super witches, wraiths, unknown murders, poisonings, deadly crystals, and so much more! These books are action packed, great fantasy, well developed that with thought out plots! I am hooked from beginning to end!
The narrator is a terrific performer! Great job!
Alaina
uhhh real rating 3.5?

Boundary Born had it's ups and downs with me. Whether it was disliking certain characters or everyone.. or idk.. not liking the book. Lex, basically Nancy Drew at this point, is on a mission to find out who the hell is poisoning the vampires. Of course, no one else can do this job or whatever so - yeah, let's do this thing.

One of the twists was finally meeting her birth dad, who was a douche. I don't think I was supposed to like the guy.. but just wanted to mention that I
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this installment of the series, Lex must find out who is poisoning vampires with a deadly strain of a magical plant. There are also animals that have rabies-like symptoms all over town. The two don't seem to be related, so Lex pushes on following leads about the poison. When (view spoiler) ...more
Kira
This was okay. It took a while to get to the really interesting part of the investigation into the vampire poisoning. It went in a direction I did not expect and had an interesting connection to Lex's past.

It was great that Lex learned more about her heritage. It was much more sinister than I would have thought. I hope she will learn more about what boundary witches are capable of. It seems like she has power but doesn't know how to harness it or what to do with it. Lex's devotion to Charlie is
 Simply Sam ツ
DNF @ 30%. Third book in and I don't care about the characters or the story. The MC "Lex" annoys me and all of the secondary characters still feel flat. I have zero interest in seeing how this story ends.

2 "it's not you, it's me, but it really may be you" stars.
Ina
You can tell a lot about a person by how they are with animals, I had learned, and Emil certainly seemed to be passing that particular test.
Then I remembered how everyone said Hitler was a dog person.
I strongly recommend this series to all Urban Fantasy lovers out there. It has a badass main character that doesn't make you cringe everytime she opens her mouth or does something (her choices were usually the choices I could completely understand and would probably make as well), hot love
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*My Thoughts*

Boundary Born is the third installment in author Melissa F. Olson's Boundary Magic series. The series features US Army Veteran Allison "Lex" Luther as a powerful Boundary Witch who works for Maven, the Vampire Cardinal of Colorado. This story actually takes place SIX months after the end of Boundary Lines. Things have calmed down for Lex, Quinn, Simon, Maven, and Lily since facing a near revolution intent on destroying the peace.
Melindeeloo
I really enjoyed Boundary Born, the third (and hopefully not final) boundary witch book. Our heroine Lex, a boundary Witch and former vet who now works for the head vampire of Boulder, is earning her paycheck - with local vampires being poisoned and long lost relations coming to town adding unexpected complications.

I still think that Lex is a great character and love how her stories take advantage of both her magical heritage and her military training. And I like how her support group has
Steph
Author stated in acknowledgements, "Although Im not done with this character, Ill be letting her do her thing in Boulder while I go back to Scarlett Bernards adventures in Los Angeles for a bit."

I look forward to returning to Scarlett's story and hope Lex's truly doesn't end here.
Ami
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is another solid follow-up to Boundary Lines. I LOVED knowing more about Lex's ancestry ((view spoiler)) and the possibility of bigger and badder villain in the next books. I really, REALLY liked Lex -- as well as the siblings witches Simon and Lily -- and it was good to see her developed her power.

I also thought that Lex and Quinn was in a good place as a couple, despite Lex went to the whole 'being a
Boundless Book Reviews
Lex, is still learning about her Boundary Magic. Some things have changed in her life. But some are still the same. Quinn is still in her life and loves her more than anything. I just wish I could get more of the both of them. And truly feel the connection between them, that I know is there.

Lex, is just really one of those kick ass strong female characters. Not to say she doesnt have any faults. I can tell that Olson, really took her time, that she did research. Its something I can respect. It
Angie
Lex is back with a brand new case to solve. Somebody has put the head vampire of Denver out of commission and without Maven's protection, Lex's niece, Charlie, is vulnerable.

I liked this book much better than book two. We finally got some forward progression with the storyline and Lex's disturbing discovery of her birth parents added some interest that kept me turning the page.

But as much as I like this series I'm glad Olson is revisiting Scarlett Bernard's world again next. She's my favorite.
Sho
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
the series has been constantly satisfying from the beginning to the end. I really got to know the characters , their magics, their world and their limitations. I really liked that the characters have flaws and they admit it. I was never disappointed and had a really good time reading the series. it might be hard to get into it first but I assure you it's a fun ride.
Karissa
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the third (and sadly last) book in the Boundary magic series. This was the best book in this series yet and introduced a ton of new and interesting elements to Lexs character.

I listened to this on audiobook and the audiobook is very well done. I would definitely recommending listening to this entire series on audiobook if you like audiobooks.

In this book Lex learns a lot about her Boundary witch powers and also learns who her parents are. All of this ends up tying in with a mystery
Stacy
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed getting to know Lex. She loves fiercely and will do anything to protect her family, which she proves time and time again. I love how bad-ass she is and I love watching her overcome the obstacles and dangers that have been thrown at her in each installment of the Boundary Magic series.

In BOUNDARY BORN she does more of what she does best, saving the day! There is ton of action as she fights to save herself and her friends from a foe she never saw coming. Her relationship
G33z3r
The 3rd entry in Olson's Colorado/Lex branch of her "Old World" urban fantasy universe is likable enough. I've enjoyed both her Scarlett and Lex stories. (For moment I almost thought we were going to have a serious crossover here, like the short Malediction, but clearly Olson wasn't ready to let that happen.)

I was disappointed in the ending. Despite all the build up pep talk of "be a witch", and all the talk about how powerful Lex is supposed to be, she never uses those alleged powers. (view
Barbara (The Bibliophage)
I received an ARC from NetGalley in return for an honest review. Thanks NetGalley and 47North!

I've enjoyed the Scarlett Bernard and Lex Luther (Boundary) series from Olson, so I was pretty excited to see this one pop up in NetGalley. And the book didn't disappoint me. It was a solid supernatural thriller.

Allison (Lex) Luther is part military veteran, part introvert, and part recently-discovered witch. She struggles to fit all these pieces of herself and her life together, just like we all do to
Lesley
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
4.5 Stars

Boundary Born is yet another outstanding installment in the Boundary Magic series! The characters and the worldbuilding continue to rock, and Quinn is seriously the best boyfriend ever. I've read so much run-of-the-mill urban fantasy over the years that I had almost given up on discovering new, amazing additions to the genre, but this series has given me hope that there are still hidden gems out there just waiting to be picked up. I really, really hope Ms. Olson writes more books in
Meggie
Wow, I totally forgot about Boundary Magic series and was actually pretty shocked I saw the release of the third installment in this amazing series. I really love the main female protagonist Allison aka Lex in her series. She is truly a fine, down to earth character. Her romance with the vampire Quinn was as always sweet. Still, I admit the slow paced beginning was negative on the atmosphere. It was a bit dragging start. Nonetheless, this was an excellent third book.
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I'm not sure if it's just because I've now had a little more time with the series, but I became more invested in the characters in this installment. Between that and the fact that the Big Quest has been revealed, I'm enthusiastic about the next book to be released.
⚓ Basil ⚓
Jul 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I liked this one a lot, but I felt a little lost early on since it's been a while since I read the previous book. It took me a while to get back up to speed.
Lissa Rice
**4.5 Stars** Full Review and Rating will be up at Boundless Book Reviews
Jumms
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awww

I started out reading abt Scarlett and i think I'm reading these put of order or something but i absolutely adore Lex. Her story to me is more captivating. Nothing is perfect but i do think she is a well rounded heroine. She is flawed and relatable but also continues to grow in each book we read. It's been a while since I've found a kickass heroine to love. I like that the relationship w her and Quinn isn't rushed and that even with her 'powers' she is still vulnerable. She makes mistakes
Ashley Critchley
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book left me conflicted but I still enjoyed it so I gave 4 stars. I loved learning more about Lex and her background but I was missing more time with familiar characters. I loved the cameos from the Scarlett series but I just felt like there wasn't as much story this time and Lex spent a lot of time out of it. She's still one of my favorite characters but I hope whenever we get the next one, she learns more about her craft and more of what she's capable of.
J.A. Ironside

Best story in this universe yet. I really do love Lex. This was a gritty and gripping episode in the series for the main arc, and lots of smallers arcs and subplots were advanced in a really satisfying way here too. I almost never like the love interest but Quinn is great. And the monster du jour this time is genuinely disturbing. Great urban fantasy.
Vickie
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another home run

I loved the story. As usual all the elements were there for a first class read but I balked a bit at the incest bit and took half a star away.
Mary
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really like this series. I own all of them, and relisten. But you can always count on the main character to miss obvious problems, and to make terrible decisions. The "oh a bad person did a bad thing, it's clearly my fault and I'll lie to everyone who could help me, in a foolish attempt to protect them that will backfire completely" plotline can just stop - thanks.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Well of Magic (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill #4)
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
  • Night Stalker (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #2)
  • Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Family and Honor (Jacky Leon #2)
  • Gods and Demons (Dark Streets, #1)
  • Grave Magic Bounty (Forty Proof, #1)
  • Sorcery Reborn (The Rebellion Chronicles #1)
  • Pack of Lies (The Potentate of Atlanta #2)
  • The Warrior (The Immortal Dealers, #3)
  • How to Wake an Undead City (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #6)
  • Betwixt (Betwixt & Between #1)
  • Oath Sworn (Jacky Leon #1)
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • The Guardian (Immortal Dealers, #2)
  • Dragon's Egg (Dark Streets #2)
Melissa Olson was born and raised in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, and studied film and literature at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. After graduation, and a brief stint bouncing around the Hollywood studio system, Melissa landed in Madison, WI, where she eventually acquired a master's degree from UW-Milwaukee, a husband, a mortgage, a teaching gig, two kids, and two comically ...more

Boundary Magic (5 books)
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • Boundary Broken (Boundary Magic, #4)
  • Boundary Haunted (Boundary Magic, #5)