Start by marking “Damaged” as Want to Read:
Damaged

Damaged

Are Damaged souls broken?
All Maddi Brooks has ever wanted is to move on and away from her past, forgetting about the childhood memories that haunt her. Preferring solitude over the hustle and bustle of single, city-life, Maddi's introverted lifestyle suits her well. But when fate steps in and she comes face-to-face with Noah Evans, her neighbor's laid-back and charming br
Published March 2016 by Penner Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Damaged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damaged

Start your review of Damaged
Maegan Moores
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Damaged last night and I can truthfully say that I loved everything about it. If you're looking for a book that has hot, steamy explicit sex in it, this is not the book for you. A story has to have more than that, it has to have heart, and this one has it in spades.

My new book boyfriend is currently Noah Evans. His quiet determination, his sense of humour, and his deep rooted love, protectiveness and patience with his sister and Maddi endeared him to me.

Then Jody snagged
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my second Jody Holford book and about two-thirds of the way through I realized something—Ms. Holford has a habit of drawing you into the story in such a way that you don't even realize that you're falling in love…

I actually found myself a little frustrated with the pacing of this story sometimes—but without even realizing it, everything eventually just clicked and, when it did, it completely took my breath away. It's supposed to be slow moving. It HAS to be slow moving, or the story do
Claire Scott
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m a big fan of Jody Holford and this book didn’t disappoint. I loved the character of Maddi, so strong, yet so vulnerable. Her past has shaped who she is, and she has worked very hard to keep her life safe..until the very sweet, sexy and funny Noah knocks on her door to deliver a parcel. Watching them navigate a budding relationship was fun to read, there was also some very tough issues raised but it was handled by Ms Holford brilliantly. A very well written story...with a hero I may have slig ...more
Iman
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
The H as as sweet as the h is annoying 😂
Trudy Dowling
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sweet romance at its finest. I was excited to receive an Arc of Damaged after reading Falling for Home. Jody has become one of my one-click authors. She adds little things to her stories that make them just a little bit more intriguing, hooking you just a little bit more. Romance isn't about hot and heavy sex. Romance is about the things someone is willing to do for "the one". Damaged is a romance that had me flipping the page, excited for the next great AWWWWWWWW.
Damaged is a story of patien
Brenda Dunne
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another lovely romance by Jody Holford! I purposely saved this book for a cross-continental trip I had to take, and it was the perfect read for a long and tedious twelve hour journey. Jody drew me in with her believable characters and allowed me space to make my own conclusions about what happened behind closed doors. Noah, Maddi and Nat are written realistically with true-to-life flaws and problems, and I was rooting for them from the beginning.

A wonderful cozy romance for a long trip or a rai
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

This was a poignant story that had the theme of enduring domestic violence and getting past it.

Read full review in the 2016 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Garth Mailman
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Noah runs a successful construction company in Denver having left home to escape parental constraints. He has recently moved his sister, Natalie, to a secure apartment in a good part of town to escape her abusive spouse who has left her anxious and insecure. He runs into her next door neighbour Maddie, a child of the foster care system, a loner who eschews social interaction working on her jewelery designs from home.

Maddie is enchanted by the way Noah's T stretches across his broad chest but is
Gail
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story

What an adventure!! This book was so good. A woman who has shut life out and a man who struggles with guilt and helping his sister. These characters were so intense and damaged. But, they all find a way to find and believe in love again. The author did such a wonderful job of writing this story. The layers and depth of this book draws you in and doesn't let you go. I can't wait to read more by this author.
Stephanie
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was about how things that should keep apart 2 people end up bringing them together. Two women with similar past experiences learn about themselves and and how to deal with their past which helps them open themselves to future friendships and perhaps love. This was a light, fun story.
Tara
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love a book that makes me feel, but this romance/suspense book won't only make you feel the fall of that first meeting, the butterflies from that cute smile, and the thrill of the first kiss, but you will get caught up in the tension of protecting what's important to you, the struggle of overcoming your past, and the hope in moving forward to a better tomorrow.

You will be clutching the edge of your seat and turning those pages as quick as you can, even when it's two in the morning and you hav
Kelly  - Kelly's Book Blog
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 of 5

Copy provided for an honest review.

This is a sweet romance that will break and warm your heart!

Maddie is a smart and strong woman who has and continues to overcome a very difficult past. To survive and move forward she has distanced herself from society and buries herself in her work - making custom designed jewelry that holds deep meaning in her heart. She suffers from various past emotional traumas that she cannot overcome on her own, she needs the strong and sexy man, Noah, who force
Vickie
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic read. Maddi & Owen charmed their way into my heart. As the story progressed and Maddi began to lower some of her emotional boundaries I was there with her. Owen kept showing up and not taking no for an answer, "What is wrong with that guy"? Absolutely nothing. I literally couldn't put the book down. ...more
Marta
Jul 29, 2016
Christa
Apr 18, 2018
Rebecca
rated it did not like it
Dec 09, 2018
May 23, 2017
Heather
Jul 21, 2016
Jody Holford
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Tania
Delphine Martin
Mar 29, 2016

• Bloodlines
  • Out of the Smoke
  • Born Wild (Black Knights Inc., #5)
  • Bad Nights (Rockfort Security, #1)
  • Writing Essays about Literature: A Brief Guide for University and College Students
  • The Agüero Sisters
  • Fear Me (Broken Love, #1)
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • Judgment Road (Torpedo Ink #1)
  • Vengeance Road (Torpedo Ink #2)
  • Deadlock (Hacker World, #1)
  • Unchained
  • Gentleman Sinner
  • Holding On (Ruthless Sinners MC, #2)
  • Vex (The Devil's Angels MC #4)
  • The Dirty Girls Social Club (Dirty Girls, #1)
  • Driven (Deep Ops, #4)
  • Riggs' Ruin (Kings Reapers MC, #1)
a wife* a mom* a reader and a writer* a friend* a daughter* a teacher* a sister* a blogger and follower* a worrier and word twister* a gemini*

News & Interviews