Start by marking “Blood Lust (The Blood Sisters #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Lust (The Blood Sisters #1)

Blood Lust

(The Blood Sisters #1)

If you love Sam and Dean, then you’re going to adore The Blood Sisters! Hunting demons, kicking ass and saving people is what they do.

When an evil gang spreads demon essence drugs throughout the mid-west, Jessica and Amanda Blood are hot on their trail. Until Amanda is kidnapped by demons eager to collect the bounty placed on the sisters’ heads by queen of the
Published March 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Blood Lust, please sign up.
Samuel Flanigan If you can get past the grammar and spelling errors then it is an alright book. At times it takes you a moment to figure out what the author is trying…moreIf you can get past the grammar and spelling errors then it is an alright book. At times it takes you a moment to figure out what the author is trying to say due to these errors. Someone really needed to edit this book before they published it. It really took away from the story. I really was disappointed in how the book finished. It really left a lot to be desired. I am loathe to give the sequels a chance.(less)

Start your review of Blood Lust (The Blood Sisters #1)
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Fast paced, action packed, paranormal read! Jill Cooper delivers a dark and intense read.
The Blood sisters are demon hunters. Jessica is strong, fearless, and determined, while her sister, Amanda, is vulnerable, kind, a healer. Jessica does everything she can to protect unsuspecting humans from demons and their demon drug, while keeping her sister safe so she can use her amazing powers to heal those inflicted.
Demons are after Amanda for her gift and Jessica is in the way. Will the Blood sisters
PL
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book because I needed to step outside the genre I had been reading. And, well, wow. The story starts out like a quiet rumble in the distance and builds to an impossible crescendo right in your face. By the end of the book I was sitting a little forward in my chair, as if that would help the heroes out of the danger they were in..I won't spoil it, but I will tell you that Jill Cooper does not spare her heroes. There are no miraculous, impossibly unreal saves. Bad stuff happens, the ...more
Avid
Jul 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
I usually try to be constructive with my criticism, but I'm having a hard time with this one. The idea behind this book had potential but the execution was so poor. I wrote a really long review and then realized it was just a rant about how all my writing pet peeves manifested in this one book, but then deleted it. I'll try to give a more concise review now:

Unforgivable editing errors and the substance is lacking from page 1. This is supposed to be book 1 in the series, but the reader is thrown
Samuel  Flanigan
If you can get past the grammar and spelling errors then it is an alright book. At times it takes you a moment to figure out what the author is trying to say due to these errors. Someone really needed to edit this book before they published it. It really took away from the story. I really was disappointed in how the book finished. It really left a lot to be desired. I am loathe to give the sequels a chance. If you get this book free then might be worth it if you have nothing else to read. ...more
Gaynor Spanswick
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amazing book, love the cover, lots of people have said very very good things about this book so I had to see for myself.Yes, they were right, I did enjoy it, would recommend it and look forward to reading more books by Jill Cooper.
Simone
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2016
I received a free copy of this novel in exchange for my honest review.

Blood Lust is book one of The Blood Sisters series. Amanda has a very pure heart; completely untainted by the world around her. She has a special gift of healing and feels she needs to heal every lost soul she encounters. Her sister Jessica is her protector. She is in constant battle to keep Amanda safe from the demons that want to corrupt her. Will she be able to save her this time? Where's Aunt Gwen?

This was an awesome page
Mary Clark
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent story that I enjoyed reading very much. It intrigued me from the very beginning and kept me totally riveted until I had finished reading.
Killing demons is Jessica’s speciality; she is tough, a fighter and born protector. Amanda, her younger sister by 2-years, is an Empath, all heart, a born lover and healer. She is someone to be coddled and protected, eternally youthful, but without her senses she is useless. The demons have wanted Amanda for most of her life, but Jessica
Marsha
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
The author and so many reviewers have compared the Blood SIsters series to the T.V. show "Supernatural." While the show and the book both feature siblings who work on the side of good in battling demons, this series is much more. In "Blood Lust" we are introduced to strong sisterly bonds that transcends evil as well as the desire of the older, stronger sister to have a normal life if only for a moment.

10 year old Jessica Blood watched her parents being killed by demons and she made a promise to
Lindy Lu Reviews
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jessica loves her sister. Period. She will do whatever it takes to keep her safe and rid the world of those nasty drug loving demons. When keeping her sister safe almost becomes impossible she has to lean on others for help. Trouble finds her and they seem to have found themselves in a sticky situation but no matter what she will save her sister even if it means the loss of her soul.

Jessica protects Amanda she is her saving grace she is always going to save Amanda. With the whole of Underworld
Alice Taylor
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Blood Lust is the first book in the Blood Sisters series. This book is about Jessica Blood. The book starts out with Jessica working as a waitress. She is really undercover trying to get leads to Demons, who are giving humans drugs that make their souls messed it up for the underworld. Jessica is a demon hunter since coming home to find her parents murdered. Amanda is Jessica’s younger sister and they are both working at different things undercover to try to find out information about the demons ...more
Gayle Noble
*I received a free electronic copy of this book from the author, and I am voluntarily giving an honest review*

Two siblings; one a tough, no-nonsense character who has looked out for their younger sibling ever since their parents were killed, the younger one is more sensitive and has psychic gifts. They battle demons and save people. Oh and did I mention the car they inherited from their dad? If this sounds familiar, then you're thinking the same as me. Supernatural but with girls.

It's a decent
Bunnita (Worth Reading It?)
I liked this story. I was sure I would. I wanted to read something I don't read as often. Now I am not a super fan of the t.v. show Supernatural but I have watched it. This book feels similar to the show. Has the same type of vibe. Jessica is the fighter. And a hell of a fighter at that. Love kick ass characters. Amanda is a healer. Why is it that healers, especially female ones, seems to be sugar sweet and overly optimistic? But when you are living in a world were you are fighting demons, I ...more
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review from the author**

Cover: Love it!
Rating 5 Stars
Overall: Action packed and well written
Characters: Imperfectly human, perfect!
Plot:Wow! Once it gets going, it never lets up!
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes!
Recommend Yes!
Favorite Character?: I couldn't pick! I love Jessica, Duncan, and Amanda equally!

Oh how I loved this book! First off, it tells the story of two powerful heroines! Jessica the fighter, and her younger sister, Amanda the
Sue Brooks
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'll start by saying that there is not a book that Jill Cooper has written that I do NOT like. From the first page to the last page, I was completely engrossed in this action packed story. Once I got started reading, I found it hard to stop!!!

Blood Lust is about two sisters, one (Jessica) is a fighter, the other (Amanda) is a healer. They are known as the Blood sisters and they take down demons. The Blood sisters are called to a small town where they are trying to save those who are using drugs
Jennifer Zamora
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have absolutely loved reading this book! Cannot wait for the next. I really love the characters. My only complaint was that Jessica is a little bi-polar in her personality. One minute shes all bad-ass then shes like a confused child. (Not bad) I love the relationship between sisters. I did enjoy the play on drugs infused with demon.
Jessica and Amanda have a very special lot in life. Helping those that most would have given up on. Those humans that had all but given up on themselves. When they
S.K. Gregory
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Two sisters, one a fighter, the other a healer. The Blood sisters take down demons. Called to a small town, they face a horde who are using drugs to possess people. Jessica is pretty bad ass, she is no nonsense and will do anything to protect her sister. Amanda is an empath and healer and seems a little naive, but she cares about people and wants to help. There are obvious comparisons to Supernatural, but it's good to see a female version. Plenty of action and a good storyline. Very enjoyable.
Christina
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From the first page you're completely engrossed in this action packed story that leaves you wanting more through the last page. I simply couldn't get enough! You feel everything these characters are going through, with such depth of longing, desperation, fight, and hope. I'm a huge fan of the TV series Supernatural and this book is the female version. I don't know how I'm going to wait for the next book!
Crystal
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was freaking awesome!!! Truly if you have ever loved Supernatural then you will love the Blood sisters. While there are some similarities there are also enough differences to make you want to know more. Jessica will do anything to protect her sister Amanda and it just might cost them both everything they hold dear. I can't wait for the next book....
Leslie Nicci
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy for a honest review
Jill cooper has outdone herself ..
not only was I intrigued by the characters parts but also by learning about their past. it is none stop, you will wonder how these two sisters lives are gonna end up. demons hunting the blood sister that hunts demons, a must read
Krissy Smith
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Blood sisters truly do resemble the Winchester's from Supernatural in the familial relationship they have as well as the constant fight they have with demons. From page one the story sucks you in and has you cheering for the sisters wanting them to attain the impossible.

A copy of this book was provided in exchange for an honest review.
Daryl
Feb 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
Belongs on fanfiction.net

Needs to be proofread; there are spelling mistakes, typos, wrong punctuations, and grammar mistakes everywhere. It reads like it was written by a 13-year-old Supernatural fangirl who thought they'd avoid copyright infringements by changing the names and genders of the characters. It's no coincidence that the author is a fan of the show.
Patti
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. I loved it! It sucked me in and I couldn't put it down. I absolutely can not wait for the next book to see what happens next! Kudos to the author Jill Cooper!!
Jackie
Oct 07, 2016 added it
The blood sisters are hot on the trail of the bad boys and doing fine. They love helping people, but having one of them kidnapped puts a damper on the situation. Duncan sets out to help, but in some ways complicates things. Great, enjoyable reading
Heather
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Are you a fan of Supernatural? You'll love this book! The first book in Jill Cooper's new series will have you turning pages and cursing IF you have to put it down before finishing. Her new characters are well described and very likable. I'm looking forward to the next in the series!
Erin
Apr 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Reviewed for Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Link to come
Cupcakencorset
Oct 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Gave up on this about a third of the way through. The main characters are too inconsistent and illogical, and the book's typos and grammatical errors threw me out of the story too often.
Tiffany
Jan 02, 2017
Teniel Nelson
Jul 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Third Circle (Arcane Society, #4)
  • Demon Magic (Brimstone Magic #4)
  • Blind Search (Mercy & Elvis Mysteries #2)
  • Rebellious Hood (Red Hood Chronicles Book 4)
  • Sound's Familiar (Terra Noctem #1)
  • The Frozen Witch (The Coven: Academy Magic #4)
  • Scales and Skeletons (Trixie Towers, #2)
  • Spells & Ashes (The Dark Files Book 1)
  • Blood Rite (Ivy Granger, #6)
  • Winter Magic (Thorne Witches, #3)
  • Crystal Vision (Crystal Magic Book 3)
  • Warrior Mage (Chains of Honor, #1)
  • Ravening Hood (Red Hood Chronicles Book 3)
  • Full Blood (Wyrd Blood Book 2)
  • Blood Binds (Wyrd Blood Book 3)
  • Broken Compass (Supernatural Prison Story #1)
  • Wendigo Road
  • Dominion
Author of the YA Dream Slayer series, Jill loves to blend horror, comedy, the supernatural, and love, through her novels. A fan of genre blending, her work strives to cross boundries, but most of all strives to entertain.

She loves soft cuddly cats, warm blankets, and paranormal romances.

Jill resides in Massachusetts, is constantly renovating her home that she shares with her husband, young

The Blood Sisters (3 books)
  • Blood Debt (The Blood Sisters #2)
  • Blood Sacrifice (The Blood Sisters #3)