Start by marking “The Raven Trilogy: The First Journey” as Want to Read:
The Raven Trilogy: The First Journey

The Raven Trilogy: The First Journey

Raven has lived as an outcast his entire life. When secrets are revealed to him, his world is turned upside down.

No mother, no father, he now stands alone.

His quest for revenge leads him on a path beyond his wildest dreams.

Filled with self discovery, love and heart-ache - this book will be sure to make you laugh and cry.

Will Raven find the answer he is looking for?
Published January 29th 2016 by Green Hill Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Raven Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Raven Trilogy

Start your review of The Raven Trilogy: The First Journey
Kitty
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The raven trilogy is a great book to read. It intrigued me from chapter 1. I was really amazed how a thin book has entailled more than just adventures...As it further encompasses the aspects of love, romance, loss and battles. I really am looking forward in reading the part 2 of the novel!!!
A. Hunt
Jul 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Middle Grade Readers and Older.
Recommended to A. by: Melka Stansah
Ah the days of carrying the title, debut author or debut novel. I remember it well. It was a total catastrophe, but I had the love and support of all my friends. It was the greatest inspiration and journey, but one I had to learn from. I am happy to be participating with Melka Stansah on her first journey with her debut series, book one The Raven Trilogy: The First Journey. I hope she enjoys her experience as much as I did, but with enormous success.

I was gifted with a copy The First Journey
Sep 22, 2016 rated it liked it
The story was good, and I can see further potential in the series. In truth, it often felt more like reading an overview than the actual novel. It was quite short, and there were places where more dialogue would have made it feel more immediate. The editing was also weak, which made it difficult to get through at times. With a little more attention to detail, I believe this imaginative story filled with unique characters, could be more successful. I am hopeful that this will be addressed in the ...more
Kaylin Beach
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"You have both your father's and mother's eyes. Your topaz eye meants you have something that I don't"
"Which is what?"
"Power." Nicholas replied. "You have enormous power inside you, Raven That power belonged to your father, power that is even greater than mine."

First things first, Melka Stansah is a huge Adam Lambert fan! Probably the biggest Lambert fan I have ever seen! I knew this about her as soon as I saw her social media pages, and thought it was super awesome. I too, really enjoy Adam
Arnild Aldepolla
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is pretty skinny but that doesn't mean it's boring. The truth is, it gets better and better.

I rarely read this kind of genre but it really catches my attention, I really did enjoy the book and I love the story, The world-building and the characters. it is really a good book.

THE RAVEN TRILOGY (the first journey) is fastpaced in a way that the author has the ability to tell the story fast and make you love her characters in one snap!

the author has really the VOICE! "she found her
Nadia King
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I congratulate Melka Stansah on writing and publishing her first book 'The First Journey' in The Raven Trilogy.

'The First Journey is a fantasy story for YA readers. To be honest, I don't usually read much fantasy and prefer contemporary literature.

'The First Journey' introduces readers to outcast and orphan, Raven, who sets off on a quest to avenge his father's death. The story follows Raven's journey to Raholzen with his travelling companion Isabel.

Along the journey, Raven fights numerous
Eliza Lois
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.95
A physical copy was provided in exchange for an honest review. That, however, does not affect my review in any other ways

It was a fast, amazing read. I like the plot of the story. I like how the writer writes it, really understandable and unique. There were some words that needed correction but overall, it was good. The writer could have added more twist and plots to make the story longer but the ending was satisfying so it was okay. I can't wait for the second book!
A.M. MSW
Aug 06, 2016 rated it liked it
The Raven Trilogy: The First Journey has an interesting basis. I enjoyed Raven and his lone wolf attitude; however, I was confused by the mix of present and past tense that Melka Stansah switched between. In the beginning of the book the writing was written in standard past tense style, but later on it switched to present tense which made the writing read a bit awkward. For example:

"Chavet looks at his troops in dismay, whatever happened is beyond his comprehension."

By writing the story in this
G.R. Thomas
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I actually re read The Raven Trilogy because I felt the first time I didn't give it enough attention. Although short it provides a quick and interesting literary punch that's very satisfying. I enjoyed the fact that there were characters, myth and story that I was unfamiliar with. The pace was quick and clean Sometimes less is more because it allows the readers imagination to soar . Congratulations on your first installment , I look forward to your next chapter
Angel
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this book so much I finished reading it in just a few hours!

The story line is simple, yet intriguing. The characters are stubborn, yet loveable. There is a great mix of adventure, gloom, romance and joy. Looking forward to reading the second (and third!) book in the series.
Samantha
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This isn't generally the genre of book I would read but I picked it up this morning and wasn't able to put it down! I can't wait for part 2 to find out if Raven and Isabel see each other again! A fun easy to read fantasy with a romantic twist. Great book!
STEPHEN
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Raven Trilogy:The First Journey is an exciting story . It is a racy plot packed with action and laced with a touch of romance. An enjoyable and easy reading, it ends with an intriguing twist . A great story and we are looking forward to the sequels.

From Stephen and Kim
Laurensius Indra
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The story is short and not dragging the reader with mindless essay of high fantasy so it’s easy enough for beginner’s reader to follow
Tangled N Books
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Review by Shon

I enjoy reading Raven, it was cute simple story.

It had a little bit of everything. There was adventure, secrets, battles, magic, love and heartbreak.
Lia
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Raven is not just your typical strong hero, he is a complex human being with multitude of emotional layers; in most due to his interesting bloodlines and difficult upbringing.

The plot is fast paced but with Melka’s easy writing style you will feel that you’ve been taken on an journey and adventure with the characters

The story is short and succinct, not dragging the reader with mindless essay of high fantasy so it’s easy enough for beginner’s reader to follow

The book is comfort reading for
Areli Joy
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is action-packed and during those action scenes, I couldn't help but think that it's like a lighter version of Game of Thrones. Melka's writing is so good, I swear! I also love the plot and how the story was shown. I did not expect it to be a coming-of-age story and I loved it. I thought it was just a middle-grade book, but naaaah. IT'S A VERY GOOD COMING-OF-AGE BOOK AND YOU'LL LOVE IT IF YOU READ IT!!! Trust me on this one. ;)
Tracy (The Pages In-Between)
I received this book for free, inexchange for an honest review

***My Review** This book was a short read, possibly way to young adult, for this adult. But I believe it will be well received with young readers. It was a creative story, and I thought it was neat she dedicated the book to Adam Lambert.
Keith
Apr 18, 2016 added it
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, good characters and an imaginative plot. Looking forward to the next instalment.
Breanna
This has been a great adventure to read while travelling on a road trip. Excited to read the second one soon and for the third instalment in the future.
Jovian
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story plot and easy to read
Aimee
Tim Gray
Nefi
Pat
Jul 05, 2016
MELKA STANSAH has been in love with writing since she was eight years old. She used to write only in her native language, Indonesian. She moved to Melbourne when she was sixteen in 1999 and has always been a Melbournian ever since.

Only in early 2012 she finally took the courage to write in English and penned her first trilogy series. The first book the series, ‘The Raven Trilogy: The First