Start by marking “Overexposed (In Focus, #4)” as Want to Read:
Overexposed (In Focus, #4)

Overexposed

(In Focus #4)

Love runs wild on the Appalachian Trail in the latest from the author of Out of Frame and Focus on Me...

Levi Grainger needs a break. As a reality show star, he’s had enough of the spotlight and being edited into a walking stereotype. When he returns home after the last season of Trip League, he expects to spend time with his family, only to learn his sister is coming ba
Published September 20th 2016 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Overexposed, please sign up.
Lisa
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

✦❋Arianna✦❋
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

description

'Overexposed' is the fourth installment in Megan Erikson’s m/m series entitled 'In Focus' and like its predecessor it can be read as a standalone, although I highly recommend reading the other installments too since you don’t want to miss the awesomeness this series is. This fourth installment, was without a doubt, my favorite in the series with its perfect blend of sweetness, sexiness and drama. Megan Erikson always delivers entertaining tales that grab my attention from the very beginning and
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.75 Stars***

"I don't want you to be perfect. Perfect's boring. But you're perfect for me. You fill in all of my cracks, all of the places where I'm not whole. I can only hope I do the same for you."

"You do. You so do."

Where do I even begin with this book?! I thought it was going to be hard to top Trust the Focus, but damn this one managed to inch just a little bit deeper into my heart.

Levi and Thad are both on the Appalachian Trail to look deeper within themselves.

Levi needs to grieve
Megan Erickson
Aug 31, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: m-m, my-books, romance
Aaaah this book. It took a piece of me. If you liked Focus On Me, then I think you'll like this one, as it's similar in tone.

This whole series has my heart. I know I've said this is the last book, but I'll never close the door. So. Stay tuned.

some text

If you want to be notified when this book releases and get up-to-date news on all of my books, you can sign up for my newsletter here. You'll also have the chance to enter exclusive giveaways for my books and others. Thanks!
.Lili.
Dear Book,

You were everything I hoped for and more-

Overexposed by Megan Erickson
is the story of Levi and Thad. We first met Levi in Out of Frame. In this story, he's no longer on the reality show and hiking the Appalachian Trail. While hiking the trail, he meets Thad. Quiet, intense, yet thoughtful Thad. What ensues is a romantic hurt, comfort, healing love story.

My highlights:

-The cover. It's gorgeous and drew me on right away.

-Levi and Thad. I fell in love with them. There's something spec
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Most definitely the best of the series!

I read these all out of order. I think I started with book 3, then book 2 and then book 1. Liked books 2 and 3, didn't like book 1. Needless to say I went in to this one knowing I would like it, but not expecting to love it.

And what do you know?

Not sure really what made this one stand out specifically. But both characters were likable. Again, the setting probably had a lot to do with it.

I liked that they were both out on the AT to "find themsel
Simone
Mar 26, 2017 marked it as nope
Rating and review removed!
Karen
Sep 24, 2016 marked it as read-mm
Shelves: 2016-booksread
Rating & Review removed.
Wendy

This was a very sweet and fast read. So far it's my favorite of this series.

Levi and Thad meet, while both hiking the AT. Levi because he is grieving his sister, who dies while serving her country. Hiking the AT was something they were supposed to do together.

Thad, because he has lost his way and is dealing with a loss of his own. They both figured that hiking the AT would give them the answers they were searchig for. Instead it gave them each other.

I liked how these two were opposites. Levi w
Adam
‘Overexposed’ works great as a standalone. I haven’t yet read the other books in this series, and I didn’t have any trouble.

It would be hard not to love both Levi and Thad right off the bat. With the story told from his POV, I could feel Levi’s grief every time he thought of his sister. And while Thad’s story is revealed more slowly, it was clear from the beginning that he had his own demons that he was dealing with.

description

The only window we get into Thad’s thoughts are a few texts he sends to someone
Ariana
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq
Megan Erickson has outdone herself again. She has created two characters and a plot I absolutely adored. Levi and Thad are just amazing for different reasons.

Levi is naturally outgoing, bouncy, bubbly, charming, cute - well, anything you would expect from someone who's a reality TV show celebrity, just that he follows through in real life, too. Not that his time on TV has gone to his head. His normal upbringing has a lot to do with that, with his mum and sister rooting him firmly on the ground.
Catherine
Note (added 11/03/2018):

In light of recent events, I can no longer recommend this book to my friends (or any reader, for that matter).

However, my Goodreads review space provides me an opportunity to rate and review books, expressing how they made me think, feel, question, or react at a particular moment in time. Sometimes, I use my review space to share stories about my life or comment on the world around me, drawing comparisons between myself and the characters and plot lines that I read abou
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
Geeeeeezus! This woman's writing just gets better with each book. I absolutely devoured it.

The next book is obviously about Matty. I'm not sure how I feel about that. He rubbed me the wrong way but was oddly likable. Either way, I trust Megan to make me love him.

Read this book.
Ami
(view spoiler) ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was not the same Levi Grainger I met in Out of Frame.
This was not the story I would have expected from him.
This?
This was so much better.

I feel so...sated. All warm and lit up and happy inside. This book was the perfect balance of light and dark, funny and heartbreaking, and blistering hot.

I loved Levi in Out of Frame—but this Levi? This Levi I did not expect. I felt sort of fiercely protective of him. I adored him. He is…complex. Sweet, funny, gregarious—but also deeply wounded, profound
Karla
Dec 04, 2016 added it
4.5 stars!

I absolutely loved this book loved loved it!
This is the second book I read in the "in focus series" I read the previous book, which I enjoyed as well. I'm all over this series though not reading it in order or anything read book 3 first, now book 4 but of course now I have to go back and read the rest of the series since I'm hooked.

"Overexposed" is the story of Levi and Thad, Levi, is heading for a hiking trip through the Appalachian trail in honor of the sister he just lost. On tha
Leyna
Mar 08, 2018 marked it as not-worth-my-time-and-money
Rating removed
Debra
Review originally posted at Sinfully.

As with the other books in this series Megan Erickson again puts her characters on a literal and metaphorical journey and takes the reader along for a wonderful trip. This time it’s hiking the Appalachian Trail as Levi Grainger (the seemingly flamboyant, out there gay character from the TV series Trip League that we met in book 3) sets out by himself on a trip that was meant to be shared with his sister. He’s taking this trip to remember and to esca
Erika
It's been months since I read this book and yet it still sticks in my mind, even if for all the wrong reasons. While I enjoy reading as escapism, I also really need my books to be based in some sort of reality. Unfortunately this book had so many moments that made me stop reading, thinking "Wtf??" that I could not enjoy it. You know you're having issues when you often feel the need to look up hiking and safety on the Appalachian trail while reading it.

The things that most stuck with me from thi
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

A devastating loss. A time to mourn. A chance to heal.

In an attempt to honor his sister’s memory, Levi embarks on the grand hiking adventure they had planned before her death. He’s not sure he can make it, but he’s going to try his damnedest. Not surprisingly, the trek is both more physically and emotionally taxing than he expected. However, he meets a mysterious stranger and eventually, they decide to continue their journey together.

Thad too, is using the extensive Appalachian Trail to p
Trisha Harrington
Removing my review because of what has come to light.

Meags
5 Stars

There isn't much to say, really. If you aren't reading this series, you should be. It's truly something special.
Mandi Schreiner
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
It's no secret that I'm a fangirl of Megan Erickson's books. She just keeps writing these emotional, fun, sexy stories that I can't get enough of. Overexposed did not disappoint! There is sex in a tent and intense kissing up against a tree, y'all! What more could you ask for?

Levi was on a reality show that allowed him to travel around the world (you briefly meet him in the previous book - but this is a stand-alone). He was the token gay guy on that show and after a year of cameras in his face, h
Chris
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stunning book - two men haunted by the past find each other while hiking the AT. The connection and chemistry was strong from the start and the build from respect, trust, friendship and love was a journey that was just as hard as the hike. I loved these characters- Thad the loyal and silent sentinel looking for peace and Levi the enthusiastic and passionate bundle of energy looking for hope after the darkness. They were a beautiful pair - wish we had more hot scenes with them but alas I guess NA ...more
Alisa
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent addition to the In Focus series. Levi has suffered a major loss in his life and has decided to hike the Appalachian Trail to try to sort through his grief. He's at a cross road in his life and has no idea what he's going to do once he's done with his hike. Along the way he meets another hiker, Thad, who appears to be as rudderless as Levi is. The two young men begin hiking together and slowly they begin to open up to each other. Both are in emotional pain and at first they ...more
Jordan
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let me just start off by saying...  I'm so sorry Megan Erickson, I have completely underestimated you. Overexposed was not my first book by this author. I've read three of her collaborative works with Santino Hassell (the extremely sexy and 5+ star Cyberlove series), and I have to confess... I gave him most of the credit, but two pages into this novel and I knew that Megan had just as much of a hand in bringing those unapologetically complex characters to life as Hassell did. And she proved it w ...more
Bárbara
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
*ARC received from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

If I have to be honest, this book was deeper and much more emotional than I expected it to. When I first read the blurb, I was expecting a sort of insta-love story between the two guys that this special circumstances had brought together; I was expecting the main focus on their relationship and the fun of the ride and that was that.
Thank god I was wrong... So, so wrong!

The story, while almost entirely from Levi's P
Jessica Alcazar
I already have FEELS!!

Full disclosure: I may or may not have PM'd Megan Erickson while reading this book and told her to fuck off! .. You've been warned :)

FIVE++ "You're the moon I get to see during the day" stars

The woman is a wizard with words. Just read the book. She gets it right. Every fucking time. Just exactly right....That's all I got for you.
Elsbeth
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing

*4.5 stars*

Review to follow
  • Lonely Hearts (Love Lessons, #3)
  • Connection Error (#gaymers, #3)
  • Come What May (All Saints, #1)
  • Interborough (Five Boroughs, #4)
  • Save of the Game (Scoring Chances, #2)
  • Love Me Like a Rock (Bend or Break, #6)
  • Adulting 101
  • If Only in My Dreams
  • Rough Road (Lake Lovelace, #2)
  • Due Diligence (Takeover, #3)
  • Diary of a Teenage Taxidermist
  • Spectacularly Broken (Spectacularly Broken, #1)
Megan Erickson is a USA Today bestselling author of romance that sizzles. Her books have a touch of nerd, a dash of humor, and always have a happily ever after. A former journalist, she switched to fiction when she decided she likes writing her own endings better.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her very own nerdy husband and two kids. Although rather fun-sized, she's been told she has a full-sized

In Focus (4 books)
  • Trust the Focus (In Focus #1)
  • Focus on Me (In Focus #2)
  • Out of Frame (In Focus #3)
“You're enough," I said. "You're so fucking enough. And no one gets to tell you that you're not.” 2 likes
“I’m not looking at the moon right now, Le,” he said. “I’m looking at you. Those gorgeous eyes. Those lips. That body. You’re the moon I get to see during the day.” 0 likes