Start by marking “The Balance of the Blood (Guardians of Summerfeld, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Balance of the Blood (Guardians of Summerfeld, #4)

The Balance of the Blood

(Guardians of Summerfeld #4)

Newly branded as the Slayer, Quinn learns that she has been deceived by those she trusts most. A long-hidden prophecy reveals that Quinn may be the City's saviour, but at what cost?

Quinn accepts her destiny but this is a battle she must face alone, as the bond with the vampire Drake forces them apart. In a desperate attempt to restore the Fae magic, Quinn risks
Published January 7th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Balance of the Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Balance of the Blood

Start your review of The Balance of the Blood (Guardians of Summerfeld, #4)
Jasmine
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Melissa Delport

Note: This is a review of the full series.

Delport shares Quinn's tale in a manner which demonstrates her mastery of the craft. While you read the story, she is sinking her talons into you so that you cannot wiggle free from her grasp until the story is complete. (I read the third and fourth book within a couple hours of each other. Well, I finished the third book at midnight and pressed on reading the final novel until 4 AM. When completed, I finally rested.)

The story is driven
Ann O'Nymos
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
book 4
final show down and all loose ends tight up

Resume:
All in all a very nice story with strong characters, twists and the moral that love conquers all and you should accept where it falls (elf/guardian-vampire, guardian-gypsie) and challenge traditions (Channon's refusal of Chaleb out of love for Rafe).
Sadly, a few downsides: the years of guardianship for Quinn and Avery changed from 100, 200 to 300 years. And: I'm not a fighter for diversity in books but with the underlying tone of “accept
Jacqueline
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gay Deputee
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for a marvelous and entertaining series.

I enjoyed the entire series and highly recommend this book and all the other earlier books in the series. The characters are fascinating and lovable. The plot was great with enough going on in the book to make it fast paced intriguing. Well done!
Mya
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy

I read it in a day!

A very satisfying ending to the series. Everything neatly tied up and all secrets revealed. Books three and four were definitely the best of the series. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Tamar
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Guinn is branded the new Slayer and with it comes responsibility of how to save the wards, restore Summerfield and guide the guardians. She has formed a bloodbond with Drake...could their emotions for eachother survive this? ...
Michaela
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Ahhhhhhh I adore this series with my whole heart. Melissa Delport is incredible. That ending *ugly crying* I want to go back to summerfield.
Charmaine Theron
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great ending to an amazing series! As the story comes to its conclusion in this last book, the intricate plot unfolds & this shows the strength in Melissa's storytelling. I would recommend this series to anyone who loves an action-packed fantasy story.
Fiona Wilson
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads, favorites
I have enjoyed this series throughout, but this one has to be my favourite of them all.

This finishes the series extremely well. Everything comes to a head as Quinn has to cope with becoming the new slayer, as well as trying to figure out how best to get Summerfeld back again. There is a lot of action throughout this book, and not everyone we have met in previous books will make it.

Quinn also has to deal with the fact that she and Drake have finally admitted they love each other, but her role as
Lauren
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow, what a journey! I feel like I met and got to know these characters over many months, and felt the losses as some of them died along the way in the battles to save Summerfeld. The fight scenes were. awesome.

I was expecting a twist to Drake's storyline at some point, but I couldn't have guessed what it turned out to be, and how pivotal it would be to the ending. Well done Melissa Delport, well done!
Lloyd Mackenzie
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic end to a fantastical fantasy series

In the epic conclusion to Melissa Delport's Guardians of Summerfeld series, Quinn is faced with the heavy burden of ensuring the survival of the wards she swore and oath to protect.

The book is filled with plot twists and is an action-packed adventure ride! It is unputdownable and highly recommended to anyone who enjoys reading fantasy.
Cassie
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I waited so impatiently for this series to end but Delport didn't disappoint! So sad to see this amazing series end! I felt like I had a fierce loyalty to protect Summerfeld myself at the end! Loved it!
Cassey
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I need more of this world. I'm going to miss all of the characters so very, very much. The fight scenes were awesome. I did not see Drake's family history coming...I suspected there was something, but not what it was. I loved this series.
Fiona McCarthy
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this series! Melissa Delport has an amazing storytelling style. Such rich characters and an exciting, original spin on the fantasy world.
Cristina
Jul 25, 2019

• The Road to Mecca
  • Out of the Maze: An A-Mazing Way to Get Unstuck
  • Sit, Stay, Love
  • The Orphan (Oberon Academy #1)
  • The Zephyr (Oberon Academy #2)
  • Sticky Fingers: 12 Short Stories
  • The Race
  • A Child Is Torn: Innocence Lost
  • Not Waving: A Short Story
  • Mute
  • Awkward in Print
  • FACTORY GIRL: part 1 of 6
  • Dragons Love Tacos
  • My Fox Ate My Homework (My Fox, #1)
  • Lucas The Lion & The Pirate Ship (Jungle Juniors Storybook Book 1)
  • Cajun Fried Felony (Miss Fortune Mystery #15)
  • Orangey the Goldfish
  • Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues (Mystic Bayou, #2.5)

Guardians of Summerfeld (4 books)
  • The Cathedral of Cliffdale (Guardians of Summerfeld, #1)
  • The Fight of the Fallen (Guardians of Summerfeld, #2)
  • The Hope of Hawkstone (Guardians of Summerfeld, #3)