Start by marking “Prayer (Pagano Family, #5)” as Want to Read:
Prayer (Pagano Family, #5)

Prayer

(Pagano Family #5)

John Pagano is the “good son” of his family, the one among his brothers who has always done what was expected of him, who was never a disappointment or a trouble. He’s built a good life in that quiet space. But he’s not happy. Despite the strong foundation of his family, his work, and his town, John is missing what he really wants: something—someone—of his own. A family an ...more
Published January 30th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Prayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prayer

Start your review of Prayer (Pagano Family, #5)
S.M. West
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 “You’re not alone. I’m with you.” STARS

This was like coming home. I’ve really missed the Paganos and immersing myself in Quiet Cove with this warm, loving, boisterous Italian family was heaven. It was like a great big hug...

It’s no secret that Susan Fanetti is one of my fave, go-to authors. No matter the story, she speaks to me on a visceral level. I get the gooey goodness inside me and the authenticity of the characters and their stories no matter how harsh or ugly it may be. John Pagano
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kim Bailey
Wow! Again, I'm in awe of Ms. Fanetti’s ability to capture my attention and make me feel so deeply for her characters. I’m not a crier and yet every single Fanetti book has made me cry with this one being no exception. The realness of her stories leaves a powerful punch. I feel like I really know the characters and because of that I’m invested in their outcome.

”On paper, it looked good: good job, cool house, great family.”
John Pagano is the “good son.” He does what is expected of him and h
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Susan Fanetti Fans, Romance
3.5 Real People Get Stories, Too Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
Series are structured in a particular way. Some do books which are linked by towns or families but have singular stories so you can jump in anywhere you want. Some have continuing story-lines which cause the need for the reader to have read the first installment, then continuing as the story unfolds.

Then there is the type Susan Fanetti has done with the Pagano series. It is a hybrid; for you don't have to have read the other books be
Kim Bailey
Live! on AMAZON

ALL THE STARS
Susan Fanetti just rocked my world with another novel of perfection.

There are so many wonderful things that I want to say about this beautiful work of art. The feelings this author is able to inspire with her words ... simply astounding. Susan gets to me, every time.
On the outside this book seems like such a simple sweet tale of love and family, but there is a brilliant complexity woven into each of the characters and circumstances.

John Pagano “the good son” is com
Malene
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
**4.5 Stars**

Another fabulous book in the Pagano Family series. John Pagano is the good son and that’s exactly what he is. The good man. Omg how I loved him and his protection and admiration for Katrynn. These two had their rocky start. How they found their way back to friendship and then became lovers was beautifully storytelling. Katrynn’s family is unconventional and has influenced her and her views on family and love. Thankfully John doesn’t walk away or scares easily. He makes Katrynn shine
TeriLyn
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing

**Prayer generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

5 "You do matter." Stars

As a rabid Susan Fanetti reader and fan I was super excited for the Pagano Family series to continue with John's story. As always with Fanetti's writing I'm left in awe and admiration of her gift with words. There is no denying the beauty and caliber of this author's story-telling. Eloquently weaved together highlighting not only the triumphs in John and Katrynn's lives but making the mistakes s
Elfina Renee
Jan 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
My apologies to Susan Fanetti in advance. Never in a million years would I have believed I'd be giving any of her books a negative review, let alone a Pagano. The story is well written but my biggest beef I was bored. After so much action and tragic events in the last four books, I was expecting more. I wasn't counting on the emotional instability of the characters. Okay maybe one but not two. Secondly I couldn't connect with Katrynn Page. She embodies everything I despise in a heroine. John was ...more
Paula
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reread June 2018
April
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
When it comes to Susan Fanetti, I have NO doubt that I will love her books.
She writes true and honest stories that deal with real life issues.
You won't find any sugar coated goodies in her stories because she isn't afraid to write and tell stories that deal with life's everyday struggles and demands.

I am over the freakin moon that she decided to continue with the Pagano series and also knowing now that there will be a book for Joey; I have a feeling that with his story, I'll need all the
Sometime
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
I read some bad reviews on this one but I liked John in the other book and I wanted to give it a try. The writing was exceptional and I like catching up with the other Pagano family members. But there were plot points and character arcs that frustrated me. I felt like the author was telling me the character's personality and then showing me that it was something else entirely. Most of my issues had to do with John.

I'm going to try not to get too rant-y about this but be warned.

John has a drunken
Jan
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable book in the Pagano Family Saga. John is considered the 'good son'. Katrynn has an odd, dysfunctional family which has made it difficult for her to live the way she would really like to. But John and Kattryn are lovely together, and they are really good for each other. Their HEA is well-deserved.

We also see a bit more of Nick and Bev in this book, because Katrynn works for Bev at the bookshop, and they are close friends. We see some of the fallout of Bev's post-natal depression
CeCe
Doris
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this one but still have to admit that Luca is my favorite brother.
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
So glad this author went back to the Pagano family! Loved seeing calm John Pagano get a bit ruffled. Great addition to the series!
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
Another great character driven contemporary from Susan Fanetti.

★★★★☆ (4.5 stars)
Laura A.
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book because it had more of Nick and Bev. John was sweet but Kathryn got on my nerves. Off to the next and final chapter of the Paganos.
~*~Happy Hour Prez~*~
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

I LOVED THIS ONE
Daniela
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family-saga, romance
Overall I liked this story but unfortunately not as much as the others. I didn't hate her but I didn't love Katrynn either. Not one of Susan's best heroine's. She had her good points but there was just something about her that rubbed me the wrong way at times. I love John. Being the "good son" I wasn't expecting too much drama or suspense from this story because it would have been too much out of character. There was some repetitiveness and the book centered around a few other characters more th ...more
**Vee**
Jan 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: series
This one was 3.5 stars for me.

I didn't love it, it had Susan's great writing but the story its self didn't really grab me, I didn't dislike the main characters but other family members over shadowed them.

I am looking forward to seeing how Joey's book develops and hopeful for a Trey book if we can jump ahead to some of the children being adults but not if he is still young.
Sivutha
5 Praying Stars

I love this series and I'm so glad Susan continue with it. John and Katrynn's were bit up and down cause due to them not having roots to plant. They are not settling cause they are afraid.

“You’re my home, Katrynn.”

Turtlex
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Too Real?

Was this too real for me? These two. Ugh. Plagued with insecurities. And he’s a guy who tears up during/after a fight. I can’t respect that. They are both plagued with such insecurities. I think they have great sex, but are not very romantic. He’s so clueless. I want to beat him over the head with a clue. She’s VERY doormate-y, passive and willing to take abuse(bad family history.)
Their relationship? This is the too real part. It’s like the two friends in your circle who like each othe
Carol
Oct 16, 2020 rated it liked it
John the good son is how he is known. He wakes up on New Year's Day and realizes he slept with a friend he has been attracted to. What does he do? Dresses and runs away before she can wake up. He spends the next 6 weeks screwing his way through Paris.
Now he is back and the has to face Katrynn and how he acted.
For me this was a disappointment. Katrynn was just to weird. She hooks up with Atticus and let's him about strangle her because she wouldn't speak up that she wasn't into that. She wouldn
HMS
This is Pagano brother John's story. John is the brother who does everything expected of him and rarely disappoints but he is lonely. Enter Katrynn, and all her crazy baggage from her family. Katrynn's parents have an open marriage and her father goes on his "walk abouts" disappearing for months at a time. While she was a bit of a drama llama, Katrynn was likable and she really won me over when John struggled with the marker Don Nick Pagano called in.

While this is not about Nick Pagano, he ofte
Sue
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
“You’re not alone. I’m with you,” - John to Katrynn
Kathi Zacher
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Belonging

Belonging could easily have been the name of this book. Joe resized he belonged were he was and Katrynn found where she belonged.
Leah Frank manevych
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
loved it so much!
AllThingsDarkFiction
Ok

I liked this. It just was Not enough mafia in this one but the writing was flawless as usual. Excited to start the last book.
Danielle Thomas
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Susan Fanetti is a great talent. Enjoyable addition to the Pagano series, June 17, 2016

Susan Fanetti is a great talent. Enjoyable addition to the Pagano series. Not as action packed as the first four books but I loved John and Katherine. Sweet, sexy, introspective story about likable characters, with a rich history from the other stand alone novels. Professionally edited and it shows. It's a great read.
Julie Clark
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I can't wait to see how it ends! On to Joey. ...more
Rhode
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked parts of it, bits here and there; but overall I didn't connect with either of the two major story arcs.

On the good side, I liked and empathized with both of the leads. They are different people and the author was able to get into each of their heads for us, so we had a full, unique sense of each.

I especially loved how the heroine's reaction to her first Catholic mass was explained. And the scenes at her mother's house, in particular John's first impressions of it, were so vivid.

Overal
C.D.'s Canaries: Prayer (Pagano Family #5) BR 2/1/16 50 25 Feb 10, 2016 04:34PM

• Wild Fire (Chaos, #6.5)
  • Zach (Hell's Handlers MC, #1)
  • Enemies
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him, #9)
  • Hands Down
  • Little Dove
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Out of Time (Nine Minutes, #2)
  • A Gift of Time (Nine Minutes, #3)
  • Iron Crowne
  • Dream Maker (Dream Team, #1)
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Desolation Road (Torpedo Ink, #4)
  • So, That Got Weird (So Far, So Good, #1)
  • We Own Tonight (Second Time Around, #1)
  • The Skeleton King (Dartmoor, #3)
I was born and raised in the Midwest, but I was transplanted into the dusty soil of Northern California and have apparently taken root there. An inveterate geek and gamer, I am a fan of many things considered pop culture and maybe even lowbrow.

As a reader, my favorite genres are science fiction and fantasy, but as a writer, I've found my home in romance--or perhaps it's better to say simply "love

Pagano Family (7 books)
  • Footsteps (Pagano Family, #1)
  • Touch (Pagano Family, #2)
  • Rooted (Pagano Family, #3)
  • Deep (Pagano Family, #4)
  • Miracle (Pagano Family, #6)
  • The Pagano Family: The Complete Series (Pagano Family, #1-6)