Start by marking “Vampire Hunter (Knights of Black Swan, #8)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Hunter (Knights of Black Swan, #8)

Read Book

Vampire Hunter

(Knights of Black Swan #8)

Ram’s book is My Familiar Stranger retold from his unique point of view, expanded with chapter insights from other significant characters. The story begins the first time he runs away to the New Forest at age ten, follows his recruitment by Black Swan along with his training to be a vampire hunter, and tells the story of the death and mourning of his first partner.
Published January 18th 2016 by dba 7th House, Imprint of Andromeda LLC (first published January 15th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Hunter

Pam
Victoria Danann is a brilliant writer. To say I loved this book is kind of an understatement. I have read My Familiar Stranger 5 times & Listened to it on audio 3 times. Vampire Hunter is Ram’s tale of MFS. So I knew what was coming. Being told by this Mischievous Elf was fantastic. While I was reading this story, I actually Laughed out loud. I snorted, I had tears rolling down my face. At one point I was sobbing. I knew what was coming & it still affected me this way. Those who know me ...more
Tifinie Henry
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I read any type of book, I read to escape from my life.
There is a poem by Julia Donaldson titled I Opened a Book and the first lines explain so well the reason I read. “I opened a book and in I strode. Now nobody can find me. I’ve left my chair, my house, my road, My town and my world behind me….”
With each book I read I feel this way. I visit new places, I meet new characters, I see new things and ideas in my mind. Now I don’t always like what I read, but I hope to find ideas and stories
Deb Smith
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is such a gem! You Must read My Familiar Stranger first in order to understand some of the book, however. Each time I read a book by Victoria Danann I remember why she is my favorite author bar none. She has a unique way of writing with humor and emotion that makes the reader feel like a part of the action. Just to hear in Ram’s own words how he felt about Elora once he realized she was his mate is just so heart wrenching. Hearing from him how he lost it after the loss of his Black Swan tea ...more
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Victoria Danann has done it again! It is an amazing addition to the Knights of Black Swan, this time from the viewpoint of everyone's favorite silver tongued elf, Sir Rammel Hawking!

As a lover of this series, it was great to get more back story on some of our favorite knights and what led up to the fateful arrival of Elora, as well as how things went from there from Ram's perspective.

While those who have read this series will be familiar with the events in this book, it reads as an entirely new
Nelta
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC for my honest review. I recommend that you read the first book, My Familiar Stranger, in the Knights of Black Swan series prior to reading Victoria Danann's "Vampire Hunter."

As you begin "Vampire Hunter" you will meet a young Rammel Hawking, an elf who isn't keen with the life of royalty he was born into.
Experience his life and the journey he took to become a Knight and finding his mate told from his POV. Loved it!

The Elfster will steal your heart.

“Beautiful stranger from ano
Fawn
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for Ram lovers everywhere. You get to see My Familiar Stranger from a whole different angle. Victoria did a wonderful job with the speed of this book. You never get bored even though you know what is coming next. Seeing things from Ram's perspective gives you a view of Elora that you may not have had before. I enjoyed revisiting some of the parts of MFS that had me laughing out loud and those that had me shaking my head at Ram wondering what in the hel was he thinking. Now we know.
Jessie Hines
what a great addition to the Knights of the Black Swan. While I have always had a special place in my heart for Ram, after read his story and reading things from his point of view, it has just made me love him even more. This series has always been one of my favorites and it seems that every time Victoria add another book I love it even more.
Becky Burciaga
Shelves: victoria-danann
One of the best books in the series...if you thought you loved Rammel before, you're going to see just how much more in love with him you can fall. Reading from Ram's point of view gives the reader a whole new prospective on what made him the man he became after becoming a Black Swan. Reading about how Ram was shaped by his childhood in the forest, watched over by Liam, is another indication of the factors that shaped the man.

What I truly enjoyed in the reading of the book was that Ram's dialog
Heather
Shelves: paranormal, romance
I loved this book for a so many reasons. First, because it has been awhile since I read My Familiar Stranger and it was great to relive the story. I delighted in the little things I had forgotten. Second, I really enjoyed hearing Ram's version of the events. I got a kick out of hearing about him as a child. It broke my heart and brought tears to my eyes when he is mourning Lan and then when he goes home without Elora. The phase "greatest love story ever" actually popped into my mind at the end. ...more
Lisa
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Vampire Hunter scared me because I normally do not like books from an alternate POV. However, Victoria Danann changed that for me. I think the fact that I loved My Familiar Stranger so much helped me to love Vampire Hunter equally, (if not slightly more). The account of past occurrences broke my heart, but also helped me to understand the pain that Ram was going through. Then the feelings that came out throughout the book touched me so deeply that I am more in love with that elf than I was befor ...more
Robyn
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who has read Victoria Danann's Knights of Black Swan series is well acquainted with Sir Rammel Hawking. Reading Vampire Hunter gives you a whole different perspective on who he is. We see him as the 10 year old run-away Prince, as the young Black Swan recruit, as a newly minted Black Swan Knight. And we see him as an Elf who knows who is mate is and is determined to win her.

Reading what transpired in My Familiar Stranger from his point of view (as well as Storm and Kay) makes for a wild
Bobbi
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have a new fondness for Ram, and his love for Elora I see in a whole new light. Liam and Moira hold a special place in my heart along with the whole of Black-On-Tarry. I absolutely love getting to know Lan even if it was for a short time. *Crying* Seeing through Liam's and Ram's eyes all through this story gives you a whole new perspective. Victoria Danann really knows how to grab you and keep you in her world. Love having this in first person, for some reason it fits perfectly.
Stacie Russom
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! this book is My Familiar Stranger retold from Ram's point of view. you get to learn so much about him and get into his soul. I wanted to jump in the book and hug him when Lan died. and when he went to the cabin alone. it was so sad. but there were also many happy moments too and funny. I read the first half of the book in 2 days, then I slowed down so I could make it last longer. this is now my favorite book!!
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you don't know that a book is missing in your life until you read it!! I loved My Familiar Stranger, it's an absolute favorite of mine, so when I found out that we were getting the story from Rams perspective I was extremely excited!! Danann does not disappoint once again, you will love this book!
Cindy Foreman
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book! Victoria Danann can give me Ram`s point of view for any of her books! Granted I fell in love with the Black Swan world with My Familiar Stranger
. Ram`s take on it made me love it even more.

I would recommend this book to everyone- in fact I have :)
Elizabeth Jane
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it
It's alright...

Just goes to show, you can't judge a book by its Amazon reviews! It was alright for me. After reading this book, I realized that Elora's pov is actually the first book in the Black Swan series. Could not finish it! It was so over done and boring. In THIS pov, Ram is alright. He's kind of a dick...a lot of times. He has to GOOGLE ROMANCE because he's never been to "try" to woo a female before. Maybe that's cute to other women, but to me it was annoying. If he TRULY loved her to the
Llaph
I've had this book for a while and was putting off reading it. I wasn't too thrilled with it to be honest. I think it might've been since I had been re-reading the series and recently read My Familiar Stranger that this story just bored the heck out of me. While I love Ramm and liked his view point of the happenings of the first book ... I didn't really enjoy a full recounting from his view.
I usually eschew books that are like this, same exact story written from the viewpoint of the other main
Ellen Sandberg
Rammel Hawking is one of my favourite characters in the Order of the Black Swan series. He is a combination of tenderness, strength, and mischief. What can I say? He is one gorgeous elf. I didn't think I could love him more. I was wrong. This book reveals even more facets about this man.

While most of the story unfolds from Ram's point of view, we also get chapters that are told in other voices - Lan, Liam, Storm, and Kay. We finally get to meet Lan who was Rammel's first partner and best friend.
Shanyn
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Rammel Hawking.

I'll admit that I was hesitant to read this at first. Because I truly did not think that a re-telling would do justice to the perfection that is My Familiar Stranger. Even if that re-telling gave me an excuse to read an entire book in Ram's voice.

And just like Victoria Danann always does, she proved me wrong. She took this story that I've been in love with since the very first sentence and expanded it, and my love of it. We get hints of Ram's childhood throughout the Black S
BBL
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Vampire Hunter is the first book I’ve ever read by Victoria Danann, and it’s so good that I could read over and over again. Not to mention, I'm now tempted to get all of her backlist. I was expecting your average vampire book and this is anything but. Coming from Ram’s POV, the details gave me insight into the life of a young Ram and shape-shifted into the man he has become as a Black Swan member. When discussing geographical location and a fan of men in kilts & leprechaun, I thoroughly enjo ...more
Christine Simpson olesinski
Shelves: vampire-romance
I have read every book in The Black Swan series, and this book was every bit as good as its predecessors. Even though it is a sort of re~telling of "My Familliar Stranger", it felt so fresh. I found myself enthralled with the story, the way I would be if I were sitting right next to a friend recounting the events of how he met his spouse. It was funny and romantic, and I got an inner glimpse into mind of a most handsome and charming elf! Reading this book has made me do an entire series re~read. ...more
Ann Ellis
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Its exciting. Recommend reading Victoria's first book in the "Knights of the Black Swan" series "My Familiar" before reading this book. It gives some of the character Ram's, one of the Knights in the Black Swan, personal history before the first book along with his perspective of events that happen in "My Familiar." It is a very interesting and enjoyable read. Up to the caliber of Victoria's writings.
Ingrid Thomas
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was too short for my liking!!!!

I read it in almos one sitting, granted, I ignored my life, but still...

Even though you know the ending, since its kind of predestined, the ansgt, and the resentment between the two characters, gets you compleatly emotionaly involved and invested!!!

And as the meddelsome aunt Elora, or nosey Monq, you vie for them to be together, and make ting work.

Again, Victoria Dannan delivers a great read!
Melvena Asa
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
wonderfully written Great Book . Victoria Danann has a way of writing that just makes part of the story. This book is no different it discribes everything in so much detail that you live the story with the people in the story. Ram's story is a wonderful addition to the series. You can just feel the joy and sadness. Cannot wait for more. Loved this book.
angela
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining

Very enjoyable, entertaining, and completely engrossing. I love books that make me feel like I'm living the story with the characters, and this series is doing that for me.
Misty
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved getting to know the guys better. Really enjoyed how we got to see a few different pov's. These guys were already impressive, but now they're so much more.

Ram is a dream. Reformed bad boy. Totally alpha, but not. Loved how he let his woman fly!! Highly recommend
Janna Ward
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book through Ram's POV. I really got to understand him more. The love he feels is so much stronger than I realized in My Familiar Stranger. Great read!!
Cheryl
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Surprises

An excellent story with action, mystery, romance and lots of humor! Ram meets Elora under unusual circumstances and the fun does begin, lol! He makes mistakes but some are really funny but he does learn that man is not always smart and learns from his mistakes. Add in Kay, Storm and a vampire and the Knights are very interesting to read about. I do recommend this book and the rest in the series!
Debbie Krouse
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Was so happy to get to know our Ram better. Understanding is young self t and how he got with KBS. His sense of humor make you laugh out loud during the book. To bring how he met his mate and what he had to do to win her over. Keeps Ram in your heart even after you are done reading, Can picture him in the forest and his cabin. Thank you Victoria for letting us get to know our elf on a more personel level
Cher
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ram

This is the retelling of My Familiar Stranger ( book 1 ) from Ram's point of view with a couple chapters from Kay and Storm.
Victoria has written this series in a serial format. I thought the story would continue after we learned the Vampire Virus has mutated and the supposed cure didn't work.

This is a cute story, but it should be separate from the series after the storyline is completed. Now I am leary of what is next.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Shadow Hunt (Midnight Hunters, #6)
  • Surfacing the Rim (Piercing the Fold, #2)
  • Intoxicating Magic (Crescent City Fae, #3)
  • Ancient Enemies
  • The Dragon Warrior (Lochguard Highland Dragons, #4)
  • Blood-Bonded by Force (The Community, #3)
  • Demon Hunting in a Dive Bar (Demon Hunting, #3)
  • Charred By Darkness (Dragons of Eternity, #3)
  • Haunted By Her Dragon (Dragon Guards, #3)
  • The Shifter King (The Kings, #10)
  • Lynchpin (The Rylee Adamson Epilogues, #4)
  • Old Sins Long Shadows
  • Spike, Volume 1: Alone Together Now
  • Little Dip (Garoul, #5)
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
OVER ONE MILLION COPIES SOLD.

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, Victoria Danann, is the author of over thirty eight romances: paranormal, scifi, fantasy, and contemporary.

Her Knights of Black Swan series won BEST PARANORMAL ROMANCE SERIES FOUR YEARS IN A ROW. - Reviewers Choice Awards, The Paranormal Romance Guild.

She also won Paranormal Romance Novel of the Year FOUR YEARS IN A ROW

Knights of Black Swan (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • My Familiar Stranger (Knights of Black Swan, #1)
  • The Witch's Dream (Knights of Black Swan, #2)
  • A Summoner's Tale: The Vampire's Confessor (Order of the Black Swan, #3)
  • Moonlight: The Big Bad Wolf (Knights of Black Swan, #4)
  • Gathering Storm (Knights of Black Swan, #5)
  • A Tale of Two Kingdoms (Knights of Black Swan, #6)
  • Solomon's Sieve (Knights of Black Swan, #7)
  • Journey Man (Knights of Black Swan, #9)
  • Falcon (KBS: Next Generation #1)
  • JAX (Knights of Black Swan: Next Generation #2)
“Aye. 'Tis a free country."
Monq had come to check on Elora just as she asked that question.
"Well, that kind of has to be qualified," he interjected.
"You can't come or go without a passport. You can't drive without a driver's license, registration, auto insurance and proof that your vehicle is up to code. You can't work or even get health care without a social security number. You have to pay taxes on everything including air and water. The closest distance between point A and B may involve paying a road toll. There are over three hundred thousand federal laws. You have to educate your children according to legal standards set by someone that's not you. There are laws about who can marry whom. But other than a few more such trivialities, it's a free country.”
5 likes
“My words were remindin’ even myself of the wolf in the story about the red-hooded lass, but I was no’ about to be deterred by that comparison.” 0 likes