Start by marking “Retribution” as Want to Read:

Adam

Payback’s a bitch — or it would be for Elle.

Fifteen years ago, my sister was kidnapped. For months, she'd endured hell. Somehow, she'd survived it. Someway, she'd escaped her captors. But it hadn’t mattered. In fact, it had been like losing her twice, because six weeks after she came home, she was dead, and the man responsible was alive and well, oblivious to her f
Published January 7th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Retribution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Retribution

✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark-romance
4 Stars!!

description

Natasha Knight delivered an intriguing dark-ish tale that totally kept my attention from start to finish. Even if the premise is nothing new, the story development was gripping and like nothing I had expected. “Retribution” is a story about revenge, secrets, lies, but also about love and redemption. Like I mentioned above is not a very dark read, but it’s not a fluffy read either.

“…I’d steal her life, just like they’d stolen mine.”

description

Ever since his sister was kidnapped, tortured and
Sleepless Readmore
Eye contact is way more intimate than words will ever be.
description
ARC provided in exchange for a honest review.
4.5 #IOnlyWantYourPain STARS

Adam and Elle
description

Adam Smith had come into my life like a whirlwind.
He'd swept me off my feet. And then, he'd stolen me away.

And when I'm lonely, well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's lonely without you .. ►♫

So I was given this novel in exchange for an honest review. Right off the bat, after reading that description I knew I had to dive into this AS SOON A
Candace
An Eye For An Eye

As far as dark romance goes, this was a pretty good story. It was somewhere in the middle in term of "darkness". It definitely wasn't a fluffy, rainbows and unicorns type of book, but it wasn't all blood and gore either. There were definitely some scenes that will push many people's boundaries and that may be triggers for some, but if you're a fan of darker reads, there isn't anything too shocking in here.

That being said, I really enjoyed this story. It was unlike most captivity
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 Stars

I had one plan, one goddamned thing to do. Break the girl. That was all.

Retribution marks my second book by this author and it definitely confirmed what I knew after the first; I'll definitely be reading all her future books. The woman can write one hell of a tortured, brooding, anti-hero alpha. This was a dark and twisty tale of revenge and pain and second chances. It was gritty, violent, and erotic as hell!

I'd seen the darkness in his eyes before today, but it had been a sugges
Olga therebelreader
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Natasha!

This book is fan-freaking-tastic!!! This is not a fluffy romance, the characters are rough and real and so is the suffering and the love. The story touched me on so many levels.

photo tumblr_o0868lPJnf1r6mdwlo1_540_zpskdpcqkid.jpg

There’s captivating, all-consuming drama that leaves you breathless and keeps you flipping the page to see what happens next. It explores death and destruction and it tests the lengths certain people are willing to go to do what they
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Natasha Knight" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Retribution
AUTHOR: Natasha Knight
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: January 12th 2016

MY RATING: 5 HOLY SHIT, I NEED THERAPY STARS!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

RETRIBUTION: is a full-length, Dark Romantic Suspense novel. No Cliffhanger. Intended for mature readers. Contains BDSM content. Dual POV

Fifteen years ago Adams sister was kidnapped, they abducted her a block from their house, at a bus
Sabrina
This book gives an all new meaning to the term 'Hate Fuck.' I can't believe all that shit actually happened! I went into this thinking that it would be a lite-dark (yes that's a thing to me) book and that nothing too crazy would happen. I don't know exactly why I thought that, but I was wrong.

Adam has lived only for revenge ever since his sister was taken, and tortured before returning home only to kill herself. He wants the man that hurt his sister to pay for his sins, but Adam thinks that kil
Sybil aka Lala
About a third of my way into this book I was wondering what the fuck I had gotten myself into here. An absolutely brutal story of vengeance, mind-fuckery and violence, this isn’t for the faint of heart.

Adam’s sister was kidnapped, tortured and violently raped. She never recovered and shortly after, she committed suicide. Now, fifteen years later, Adam has locked his mind into a very dark place and is on a single-minded path of vengeance. Simply killing those responsible will not be enough. He ne
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 'Destroy Me' Stars *****

The cover alone makes me want to drool.

Uncontrollable salivation.

description

Like many stories by Natasha Knight, Retribution isn't for readers wanting a fluffy romance story. It's dark, abusive, and dirty. There's some bondage, spanking, and harsh whipping.

In the beginning, I was a bit indifferent of Elle. She was a pampered girl that really didn't pay attention to her surroundings. But she really grew on me and I loved her relationship with Adam.

Adam's plan of revenge o
Marta Cox
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
If emotional dark reads unnerve you then this book might just have you running blindly into the night. It's erotic yes but it's almost like car crash TV because it's uncomfortable , disturbing and yet impossible to look away from. This book is cleverly written with dual perspective's which truly opens up the story and allows the reader to experience along with the two main characters their harrowing journey . Not for younger readers and warning there are scenes that will have you cringing but so ...more
TF
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars!

This is a story about the hero wanting revenge for the harm that was done to his sister. It has some dark undertones with some uncomfortable scenes he puts the heroine through.

Adam’s only focus is retribution for the kidnapping and rape of his beloved sister, Alessandra. What Alessandra suffered through was so horrific that in the end took her own life. He wanted payback and his target is the daughter of the person he believes is responsible. There is no better way to get revenge tha
♛✨  Christine ♛✨
Damn this novel hit me hard!

Review is on the way...

ARC provided by the author, Natasha Knight, in exchange for an honest review!
'Q' aka CoCo
Spoiled princess heals tortured soul

Meet Elle
I didn't like her. She says things like, "I only worked one day a week. Five hours. I had it better than most people, but it still took all I had to suck it up and do it." But then counters it with how she knows she has it so much better than most, so she shouldn't complain. Hmm, ya think? I started to like her character a bit more when we find out she's spending her non-working hours out photographing prostitutes and their high profile johns with som
Katie
This book started out AMAZING, and then slowly started to get a bit dull for me. I wasn't able to 100% connect with the characters, either.

That being said, it was definitely a dark and steamy read!
Booker132
Feb 19, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 70%. The writing is not engaging at all. We have a typical story of vengeance-turns-to-reluctant-love-with-the-enemy's-daughter, however if executed properly, it would still have been very enjoyable.

The Hero, spends 15 years of his life plotting the psychological breakdown via torture of the heroine because her father is a human trafficker who did the same to H's sister which eventually caused her to commit suicide. Yeah, so he starts out as being all strategic and keeping tabs on all ti
Jan
****4.5 Stars****
Book-Bosomed  blog
Adam Smith has his eye on Elle Vega and not with good intentions. It’s no coincidence that they are neighbors. Adam wants revenge for the torture that his sister suffered, and he intends to make Elle pay for her father’s crimes.

The opening pulled me in and it had a great start. I liked Adam’s initial alpha presence and conniving manner. There was definitely potential. But after Elle is kidnapped, I just didn’t feel their connection or chemistry, at least not enough to understand how Elle contin
Terri
Jan 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really had high hopes for this one because I started out really liking this one. Things started to fizzle out about half way through and it turned out to be just ok for me. Adam was a twisted man set on getting revenge for the kidnapping and death of his sister. Elle was the daughter of the man Adam believed to be responsible for it. Adam had a plan.. and he wanted revenge! I didn't hate it though.
Kelly
DNF 36 percent

I liked the writing a lot, in fact I read Natasha knights Alpha book and really liked it. I just did not like the situation in the way the author presented it in Retribution.

Elle (heroine) - daughter of a mob guy, gets anything she wants, has money, tries to hide the fact she is spoiled and has money from friends, and is a photographer.
Adam (hero) - wants revenge on mob guy for the kidnapping of his sister 15 years ago which left her a shell of her self and ultimately lead to her
Romance Readers Retreat
4.5 Stars

Adam's sister was kidnapped by human traffickers when he was a teenager. She somehow managed to escape, but couldn't deal with the memories of her torture and abuse and killed herself. Since that day, his life has been consumed with getting revenge. He doesn't want the man responsible to simply pay with his life, he wants him to feel the same pain and devastation he himself has felt all these years.  To accomplish that goal, he decides to take away the one thing he holds dear, his daugh
Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books
3 1/2 Stars
This is the first book I have read from this author and I really didn't know what to expect.

I didn't expect it take me a long time to get into this book. I almost gave up.....twice, but curiosity got the better of me. Things got better and the story line picked up.

The things Adam did to Elle. He is truly fcvked up and Elle, OMG, he REALLY broke her. All that CRAZINESS in the name of Vengeance?!

This book is dark, disturbing and sometimes uncomfortable. I began to question my own sanity
CJ at Book Happiness
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
If you're looking for sweetness, romance and fluff ... you won't find it here. If, however, you're looking for dark, raw, intense, and extremely erotic look no further. Retribution will draw you in with its suspenseful storyline. Natasha Knight writes deliciously dark and gritty book boyfriends who, despite all their faults, you can't help but love!!!

*ARC provided by Author for an honest review
Sarah - Books to Breathe
Ever finish a book and immediately run off to Amazon to see what else you can devour from that author? Well, that's exactly what I did when I finished Retribution. This book was so good and I can promise it will turn you inside out with conflicted emotions. Very reminiscent of CJ Robert's Captive in the Dark series, I found myself falling in love with Adam yet feeling incredibly dirty afterwards. From an outsider looking in, you would have to be out of your mind to not only yearn for this charac ...more
Maria
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for an inspirational and sweet love story, this is not the book for you. This book is dark. I mean, really dark. I don't want to give too much away, but there is real suffering, and not everything is completely consensual.

But that's what makes it such a compelling read. The main female character, Elle, is able to see the pain and psychological mess of her captor. And he, in turn, changes, letting go of a lifetime of anger and pain.

I consider this book a "romance," but it's als
Dawn
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dawn by: Expresso
Pleasantly pleased by this book recommendation (Thanks, Expresso!!!!!!)

Retribution is a great read. We get to meet Adam (out to seek vengeance) and Elle (innocent & living in denial).

Due to the tragic and sad end of Adam’s sisters life, he is hell-bent on seeking revenge against the one(s) he believes caused her to end her life.

This is where Elle comes in. She is the pawn Adam feels is necessary to resolve his pain and avenge his sister. What Adam doesn’t expect is that along the way he unex
Expresso
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Elle and Adam are friggin awesome!

This story can be considered Mafia although it crosses several genres. It's dark and may contain triggers for some readers. Retribution is based on revenge for a perceived debt that occurred 15 years prior. Adam and Elle's story is an emotional ride with a huge helping of murder, intrigue, lies, physical abuse, and cover ups! The bed play between the two........HAWT! Very hot sex scenes. Perfect blend to balance the madness in other areas....... I would LOVE to
Dar
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-reads
That was a bit unexpected, but still pretty exciting!

I have to say, this authour is pulling me in more and more with each new book. The stories have a definite edge to them, and the anti-hero's aren't 'heart-of-gold' types, they really are bad guys. Now in this story, the bad guy has a conscience, but is still far from being any type of good.

Our heroine isn't a shrinking violet either, but she is still a good person, and has a sunny outlook to life. She tries to see the good, even in the bad, w
Heather Pollock
Review ~~ Retribution

by Natasha Knight

QueenZany 3.5 STAR REVIEW

I was lucky to review the audiobook “Retribution”!
Let me start off by saying the “The narrator was spot on”!
Philip Alces had a voice that kept me listening. Yes I would give his performance a 5 star review !!!
But as it comes to the story. I didn't care much for it. I lost interest 25% into the book.
I generally love dark and suspenseful books. But this one was way beyond my comfort zone.

ARC generously provided in exchange
Kelly
4.5 Spectacular & Disturbing Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Oh wow what a story. Revenge just how far will he go. I was completely devasated and so scared for Elle. What a tortured soul this man is I really felt the emotions in this book, it's dark, twisted and so bloody disturbing it even had me cringing at a couple of bits and I knew then that this was another great read, such spectacular writing that pulled me in and didn't let go until the very end.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Does anybody know the name of a very similiar book? 1 3 Jul 22, 2019 06:36AM
Bargain Basement: eBooks & Audio Books Swag Pack 1 5 Jan 18, 2016 03:09PM

• Traditional Terms (Traditional Love #2)
  • Distant Desires: Part Two
  • Not Damaged (Extreme #1)
  • Stray
  • Cannot Unite (Vampire Assassin League, #12)
  • The Heart of War (Of War, #1)
  • My Redemption (Boston Doms #7)
  • Voice
  • Second Chances
  • Cracklin' Rosie (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #2)
  • The Rub Down (The Rub Down, #1)
  • The Man in the Black Leather Mask
  • The Tango (Sexual Awakenings, #2)
  • Wolfe
  • Nordic Lessons
  • Adorned (The Trinity of Souls Series #1)
  • Freed by You
  • Irresistible Attractions (Rod and Cane Society, #6)
USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance, Natasha Knight specializes in dark, tortured heroes. Happily-Ever-Afters are guaranteed, but she likes to put her characters through hell to get them there. She’s evil like that.

Want to know about New Releases? Sign up for Natasha's newsletter: http://bit.ly/2prymN4

Follow her on Facebook for contests and other fun stuff: http://bit.ly/29q3s4b
“Adam Smith had come into my life like a whirlwind.
He'd swept me off my feet. And then, he'd stolen me away.”
3 likes