Start by marking “The Lightning-Struck Heart (Tales From Verania, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lightning-Struck Heart (Tales From Verania, #1)

The Lightning-Struck Heart

(Tales From Verania #1)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  7,305 ratings  ·  1,522 reviews
19 hrs 48 mins

Once upon a time, in an alleyway in the slums of the City of Lockes, a young and somewhat lonely boy named Sam Haversford turns a group of teenage douchebags into stone completely by accident.

Of course, this catches the attention of a higher power, and Sam's pulled from the only world he knows to become an apprentice to the King's Wizard, Mor
Audible Audio, 20 pages
Published December 10th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press LLC (first published July 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Lightning-Struck Heart, please sign up.
Staci Corcoran Just in case you didn't see, it's been out for a few months, and the audiobook came out on Audible yesterday. :)

·  7,305 ratings  ·  1,522 reviews

☆ Todd
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, boy-babble

No words. Should have sent a poet.

Okay, I lied. I may have a *few* words (I am still me after all,) but in all seriousness...

I. Loved. This. Magical. Book.    (Literally)

From start to finish, I was never bored, not even for a single paragraph of its considerable 400+ page length.

Sam of Wilds is a 20 y.o. wizard's apprentice (to Morgan of Shadows,) with more blurty, unfiltered goodness in him than one could possibly imagine. And it was a (slightly blinding) sight to behold.

Sam's best friend is Gary, a hornless gay unicorn. And folength.
Sam(seriousness...
I.**
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*Kindle Freebie 3/22/18!!*

*3.5 stars*

Soooooo much to say about this one! First of all, I'm a MEGA T.J. Klune fan. I love his particular brand of humor and I think that he is an extremely talented writer. I preface with that because all of you should know that my rating and review is coming from someone who is a self-proclaimed T.J. fangirl.

So what do you need to know about this one? What is the deal with this story? I'll break it down for all of you.

The characters.

If you have read a T.J. book recently/>So/>*3.5
T.J.
Jan 12, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
 photo TheLightningStruckHeartC_zpslsyujadc.jpg

Amazon Pre-Order: http://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Struc...

DSP Pre-Order: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...

And so it begins again:

Coming July 20th, 2015 from Dreamspinner Press

The Lightning-Struck Heart

By TJ Klune

A romantic comedy of stupidly epic proportions.

(Or quite possibly just epically stupid.)

Cover by Paul Richmond

****

Blurb:

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦Oh, T.J. Klune, I'm sooo happy I discovered your books. This one here is just awesome. I laughed so hard. I will be listening to the audio book again in the future. I saved it. uhuh. Anywhoooo.

➦Oh yeah, so. Wizards, unicorns, a dragon? Sign me up! (Val, you heard that, right? Dragon. Just one. But he's fabulous.) The story follows Sam, who is an apprentice to the wizard. He does magic and shit.

“I don’t have time for all the relations and cou
Wendy
Re-read this ...again.... 8/2/18

FOTO BEWERKEN - makkelijk online je foto's bewerken of aanpassen:

I am not even gonna try and explain the whole storyline of this book. It is way too complicated and ridiculous to explain. What I will tell you, is that everybody should read this book !! I can honestly say that this book will probably be my favorite read of 2016...and
wesley

First of all, I just want to let it be known that this book deserves to have a sequel, no matter how obvious it was that it certainly will. But just so there’s no sliver of doubt and I can have peace of mind, I’ll say it again: The Lightning-Struck Heart must have a sequel. No, scratch that. The Lightning-Struck Heart cannot not have sequelssss. You hear me T.J. Klune? Huh? Huh?! (I’m not really good at taunting authors.)

Give it to me

Now that I’veclass="gr-hostedUserImg">

Now

Susan
Re-read September 2019
I'm still so obsessed with this book. ❤❤❤

----------------------------------
BEST BOOK EVER!!

description

I freaking LOVED this book.

This book is hilarious. But it was also beautiful, sweet, and it broke my heart in the best way possible(because there is so much pining, it was awesome).

“It’s you,” I said, not able to look away. “It’s how I feel when I’m with you. How I think I’ve always felt. You’re my lightning-struck heart. Ever siawesome).
❤❤❤
BEST
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*Kindle Freebie 3/22/18!!*

My original review from 2015 of the book can be found here.

Previous rating: 3.5 stars
Audiobook re-read rating: 3.5 stars for the story, 5+++ stars for the narration = 4.5 stars overall

*I'm going to focus the majority of this review on the audio portion. If you want to read a more detailed review on the story then check out my previous review of the ebook.*

Now, I've saidstars
Audiobookhere.
Bibi
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Extremely funny book except I found it farcical and stereotyped; like a 400+ page slapstick SNL impersonation of the LGBT individual. I'm sorry but I was not amused and had it not been for the presence of Kevin- the dragon- this would have been rated one star.
BWT (Belen)
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Humor/Feelz lovers
There aren't enough stars for this...

The Lightning-Struck Heart or, as it was originally titled, Unicorn Star Fucker, is a fantastic story of love, friendship, longing, loss, and hope.

Is this funny? Yes. Yes, it is. It's fucking hilarious. Straight up - I was obnoxiously laughing so hard and so loud for so long that I actually began to feel sorry for the people around me. Sorry they were being subjected to my overt hilarity and sorry they were not reading this magnificent and wondrous book so they too could laugh uproariously.

Does this book make your heartuproariously.
Doeshope.
Is
this...
The
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
BR reread for Christmas with Susan, Marte, Doodle, Elsbeth, Heidi and Julie. Perfect holiday reading. Next up the audio! This book is just the best fun and pure comfort reading!

1st read - 20-23 July 2015
2nd read - 18- 28 December 2015

_________________________________________

“You know I captured you and you’re my prisoners, right?"
“Did he?” I asked Gary.
“Well, we are tied up,” Gary said. “And not in the fun way.”
“I don’t want to know when you’ve been tied up in the fun way,” I told him.
He rolled his eyes. “Sam,class="gr-hostedUserImg">
“You
Barbara
BESTBOOKEVAH!!

5 HaveHeart4Evah Stars

A absolute winner for me! Love evey single minute I spend reading it.

An epic storyline awesome, silly, sweet, constant sarcasm, a sense of humor that makes me nearly pee my pants laughing!

It's a beautiful story and I recommend this book to everyone. EVERYONE.

Thanks to my friend Isabel for the rec because she is Awesome like that, and to T.J. Klune who is an Absolutely Extreme Talented Writer!

YEAH! I capitalize it … now itslaughing!
It's
Dia
5 HUGE stars

Loved loved loved this one SO much!!! I just couldn't stop!! I've read it at work pretending I was working. I've read it on my way home from work. It was unpundownable!

This is the funniest book ever!!! I have laughed SO hard ALL the time while reading it!! It was the best banter I've ever had the pleasure to read. I mean, I couldn't stop the laughter even if I tried. SAM was the funniest character, but also the cornless unicorn and the half giant made this story unforget
Mary
It's simply a brilliant book. You fall into the world on the first page and it grabs you and holds you and you're riveted for the entire 382 pages and when it's done you wonder where the time went. I can't wait to read it again and I hope there will be many, many more. Wildly recommended.
Stacey is Sassy
Big call...but I will say this is my favourite audio for 2016

When a brilliant author teams up with a brilliant narrator, The Lightning-Struck Heart is what you get. It was brilliantly, awesomely, fantastically magical. I loved the characters, storyline and setting for the story. It was easy to follow and the only times I had to rewind were when I missed a bit from laughing so hard.

I'll be honest (and hopefully not offend), this was the campest story I have ever read/listened to. The humour is rude, crude and socially
~Mindy Lynn~
Thoughts after reading the first page:

There were plenty of times while reading this I thought out loud:

SO many times! The book is full of those moments and they were amazing. I have never read anything as unique as this book was. The story was pure genius and I am not at all surprised it came from TJ.

Because his writing is:

Thoughts after reading the first page:

There were plenty of times while reading this I thought out loud:

Because his writing is:

I love his books.

The characters in this book were:

Gary and Tiggy being my absolute favorites after Sam of course. But the rest of the side characters where just as awesome. So many different personalities in one book and they were all written extremely well.

But what had me thinking:

Was the banter between the characters and the humor that had me laughing out loud. The permanent smile this book kept on my face until my cheeks ached. But also the friendship between Tiggy, Gary, and Sam. I loved how close they were and how much they adored and loved each other. Loved it!

Feelings after finishing the book:

And then there were hints that there will be more books!

That needs to happen!
Jenni Lea

Third read and I still love this as much as the first time.

***********************************

This was even better on the second read!

*******************************

This was epic!

Full review to come.
Jilly

This book... why did no one tell me about this book? I thought you guys were my friends! I thought you knew me! You had to know that it would be like magical rainbows made of the best chocolate ever to me. You all let me down.

Okay, well for those of you who DIDN'T know about this book - you know - my GOOD friends - you need to read it. It is the funniest, craziest, sassiest, most original s
Lisazj1
Re-Read Audible version 2.23.17: Even better the 2nd time around *as unbelievable as that may be* and that is without a doubt due to the brilliant audible performance of Michael Lesley! The huge array of characters and absolutely distinct personalities he had to give voice to was staggering and he delivered genuine perfection. I can't stress enough how stunning it was to hear these so-loved characters given life through their own voice, each one so completely what I imagined them as. Except for ...more
Line
My gods, he does it again.
By now TJ Klune is among my absolute favorite authors, the man can write a dialogue, he can write a love story, and he can make you feel for the characters like no one else. Also his style is so distinct, that you have no doubt it is one of his books you are reading. If you are a fan of Bear, Otter and the Kid-series you will love this as well. Just be aware that some of the characters in this book is a tad bit more inappropriate (in the best possible way) compared to
Isabel
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!!!
This book is absolutely perfect! I've cried and cried... cried laughing, cried with sadness and I cried with happiness!

There is nothing in this book that I didn't love, there wasn't a single moment that I wanted to skip some pages, and there is this joy for reading such a fantastic story, fabulously written that captivated me from the beginning and that made me read it almost without pause.

All characters are amazing, even the Darks! All so peculiar and sensational! I love the MC's, Sam and Ryan are beautiful, but I mus
Gail Carriger
For those who know my taste you will know this has many things I like. Adorable snarky gay boy main character. Lots of awesome magic. Really fun fantasy setting. But honestly...
It's hilarious.
No seriously, I was reading it last night and actually crying with laughter. I haven't laughed this hard since Ridiculous!. Possibly not even then.
The Lightning-Struck Heart is really that funny.
Ingie
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ingie by: Elsbeth
Review written February 21, 2016

4 1/2 Stars - Indescribable and Incomparable. Simply crazy Fun and Fabulous.

photo image_zps9ozgadoc.gif  photo image_zps9ozgadoc.gif  photo image_zps9ozgadoc.gif  photo image_zps9ozgadoc.gif

The Lightning - Struck Heart, a (M/M) book many friends talked about. A 400 pages novel published last summer (2015) by T.J. Klune, whose touching and hilarious funny M/M romances I already knew I liked. (Add an impressing average GR rating of 4.58 stars.) A "must read" in other wo2016
Ann
ALL of the STARS. Every fucking one of them.

I spend a lot of time in my car commuting. I hate it. I like my job, I love the people I work with, but again, my commute? I hate it sooooo hard. So, when the commute from hell started a few years ago I got started listening to audio books. What better way is there to sit in traffic than to listen to a man tell me a story and at some point or 10 talk dirty to me? There is no better way, just so you know. When the request came through for a review on The Ligh
Annika
description

Oh. My. God.
What in the ever-loving hell was that? This book is so silly and ridiculous, it isn't even funny. And that is a total lie, because it's absolutely hilarious. Non-stop slapstick, banter, bickering, sassing, puns and innuendos.

This book was...

... absurd ...
"You're about to feel my wrath."
"Gross."
"Not like that! Stop making it weird."
"I'm talking to a hornless unicorn named Gary. It's already pretty weird."
"Point."

... offensive ...
"He was important to the Darks, Sam. No official ranking. I guess it's easiest to say that he was beloved, in his way. People had an af...
...
Recommended to I~❤️~Books by: Natalia
💗💗💗 I LOVED THIS BOOK! 💗💗💗
✮5 AMAZING STARS✮

Alvin
This is a story of a Wizard Apprentice named Sam who pines for the castle's Knight Commander, Ryan. Unfortunately, Ryan is betrothed to the kingdom's Prince Justin.

And then Prince Justin was taken away by a sexually aggressive dragon.

So the King asked Sam, Ryan, and their friends: a hornless gay unicorn named Gary and a half giant named Tiggy to rescue Justin. Since Sam & Ryan are forced to work together, the UST is crackling. XD Get it? Crackling? Lol!

And then Prince Justin was taken away by a sexually aggressive dragon.

First of all, I would like to say that this book is the MOST ENTERTAINING I've read so far this year . It's funny, silly and crazy. The characters and their banter is awesome. Everything was clicking. When I started this book, I immediately felt how great the story will be. The author's writing is just phenomenal.

Some issues though, there were times that the characters' voices become similar. And the banter is at times too much. I like Tiggy, but after the early chapters, all he says is he wants to smash something. (Very Incredible Hulk btw lol)

And also if you hate MCs that can't get their heads out of their asses, you might despise Sam & Ryan. Lol!

But overall, it's just AWESOME. I missed Klune's writing. And I dig light-hearted and funny stories. And this one is really great at it. A must read.
RECOMMENDED!

4.5 STARS!

Can you feel me
Like I feel you
Can our hearts still be together?
This is our time,
Don't you waste it
We can sing this song forever

Now I can feel your pulse
Kick starting this lifeless soul
Like a lightning bolt to heart
You woke me up, woke me up

"Lightning" by Cash Cash featuring John Rzeznik of Goo Goo Dolls
.Lili.
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Finished the audio. Thoughts: it was hilarious. Listen to it.

*************************Book review.

Not much to say besides, "It's Klune."

No one does over the top like this man. He makes me cry from heartbreak and joy. This is some good shite I tell you!:D

~Pre-release review~
Another TJ Klune book!

CAN. NOT. WAIT!
Finished the audio. Thoughts: it was hilarious. Listen to it.

*************************Book review.

Not much to say besides, "It's Klune."

~Pre-release review~
Another TJ Klune book!

CAN. NOT. WAIT!
Cristopher
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

oh..my..gods..

What have I just read / listened to?!

This book paired with the audiobook is EVERYTHING!

“It was upon these stars that I had rested my hopes and dreams, my anger and frustrations. I wished because as a child, that’s what you’re supposed to do. You don’t know any better. I wished because as an adult, sometimes you don’t know what else to do. You know better, but you don’t care.”

Its magical. Its hilarious. Its entertaining. Its awesome. Its heart melting. Its big on crazy./>
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
This boook!!!!!!
SO MUCH THIS BOOK

If you havent read this book DONT WAIT.
OK in some parts it was super cheesy, cheesy enough that I was snort laughing so hard and I didnt care who was looking at me.
I wish I snorted rainbows and candy. Fuck you Gary. In the face. I want to be able to do that!!!!

And for my favorite part EVER EVER EVER in the HISTORY OF READING was the Truth Serum.

DUDE I have never laughed so HARD IN MY LIFE!

Just a small teaser

" What's w

• Sebastian (Family of Lies, #1)
  • Love for the Cold-Blooded, or The Part-Time Evil Minion's Guide to Accidentally Dating a Superhero
  • Consorting With Dragons
  • Brute
  • The Court of Lightning
  • Dragon Slayer (The Empty Crown #1)
  • Bone Rider
  • Tournament of Losers
  • By Fairy Means or Foul (Starfig Investigations, #1)
  • Broken Phoenix
  • Truth in the Dark
  • Burn the Sky (Wytch Kings, #1)
  • Hexbreaker (Hexworld, #1)
  • The Silent City (Rifter #8)
  • Charmed and Dangerous
  • Black Dog Blues (Kai Gracen, #1)
When TJ Klune was eight, he picked up a pen and paper and began to write his first story (which turned out to be his own sweeping epic version of the video game Super Metroid—he didn’t think the game ended very well and wanted to offer his own take on it. He never heard back from the video game company, much to his chagrin). Now, over two decades later, the cast of characters in his head have only ...more

Tales From Verania (4 books)
  • A Destiny of Dragons (Tales From Verania, #2)
  • The Consumption of Magic (Tales From Verania, #3)
  • A Wish Upon the Stars (Tales From Verania #4)
“You’re a talking unicorn,” I said. “Sometimes when you poop, it comes out as rainbows and smells like cookies. There is nothing subtle about you.” 36 likes
“You know what they say, once you go dragon, all the rest is just laggin’.”
“No one says that,” I said. “Absolutely no one.”
32 likes