Start by marking “Taming Mr. Jerkface (Taming #1)” as Want to Read:
Taming Mr. Jerkface (Taming #1)

Taming Mr. Jerkface

(Taming #1)

Librarian's Note: This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN B01AASMXIS

Melody Reyes is on her first public relations assignment overseas. She’s living life the only way she knows how, with one foot in the Kingdom and the other in the world. One divinely inspired encounter knocks her flat to the ground, literally. Melody finds herself swept off her feet by a hunky, Asian g
Published January 6th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Taming Mr. Jerkface, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming Mr. Jerkface

Start your review of Taming Mr. Jerkface (Taming #1)
Jamilla_
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Syrupy sweet, but in a good way

I really enjoyed this ! A lovely break from the usual sort of books in this genre.
And there is angst done right! Along with light Christian Themes
The only thing I didn't like was the heroine's self esteem was a bit on the low side.
I would definitely recommend this!
Lisa White
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sooo sweet and funny

This book was soooo good. I will definitely look for more from this author. It was funny and sweet the heroine was well developed she had strong conviction without being annoying or self righteous. I would have loved a bit more about the hero but he was also well developed. I would definitely recommend this book. Well done. P. S. I loved that the author included some patois and showed her roots in this book.
Camilla Cruz
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a RIOT for the first 1/3 of the book. I guffawed, chirped, choked on giggles, and chuckled along until, it got deep and serious about some very controversial stuff. In general, I agreed with the statements made. A few I had to chew on and mill on a bit. And then it got back to some semblance of the previous humor. Multicultural relationship perspective. Faith perspective. Life perspective. There were so many true-to-life moments, thought processes, and scenarios. My emotions were b ...more
Justine
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
A Christian themed story.Surprised at how good a read it was. Laugh out loud funny in parts.
Dedee
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I wanna start by saying I have read over 140 books this year so far and over 250 books last year and none of them have prompted me to leave a written review and not just a star-rating as much as this one has. (This is mostly due to that fact that I don’t think anyone would care for my opinions but I digress) This book however, this book, has changed my reading life. The need for diversity in books has always been at the forefront of minority groups, especially recently with the black lives matte ...more
BluJade
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, own, poc
Funny Cute read.

Pros:
-POC
-Interracial relationship
-Supportive Friend and family
-Independent woman stuck to her values

CONS:
-Preachy
-Low self esteem
-Focused too much on looks
-To long! I stared skimming from 85% to 95%
-The I'm so awkward it's cute thing started to get annoying.

I liked that they brought up the issues that interracial couples face but that it was not the focus of the book. It kept it realistic we don't just sit around talking about racism all the time.

I won't be continuing wit
Keya Ramirez
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I greatly enjoyed reading this romance. The humor throughout had me laughing. It made me wish that melody was real and a close friend. Spencer is hot. And the story line is real. No tiptoeing around the struggles of falling in love with someone who is not along your must haves - a man of God.
Wildia Maness
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clean, funny romance

What a delightful story. Love getting to know about another country and its food and customs. What a fun cast of characters. Definitely recommend
Yemisi Oladeji
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely book

R3ally enjoyable book.Loved that'd the heroine waited for marriage before having sex and that she fell for a man who loved her enough to wait.
Amanda
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Different but good

Clean romance with lots of erotic scenes. Great family dynamic. Definitely Cosby worthy. Not sure if I will read the next book but decent
Marilyn Levia
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Melody has never been kissed.

Spencer is a busy man, all the time. They ran into each other and papers flew. The game of Chase begins.
Charissa
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a pleasant surprise. I didn’t know what to expect when I started this, but it was a riot. Great romance. Unique, quirky characters. Pleasant settings. Witty dialogue. Melody Reyes is a black, Belizian woman who flies to Los Angeles for a work trip. When she literally runs into a hunky, sexy Asian man as she leaves the elevator, he opens his mouth and she realizes he is a Jerkface. But fate twists and makes them meet again in a hilarious way. I don’t want to blow any of the plot, but I w ...more
Valerie
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a good read!

Finding a really good IR novel is getting to be so rare these days. Well this is one of those rare finds! I loved reading this story from Melody's perspective...her quips were just too precious! But I especially loved the way the story was not rushed...this romance was allowed to grow and mature..and just seep its way into my heart. This goes on my keeper shelf for sure!
Lynnai
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
No thank you

I was not a fan of this book at all. Melody was naïve and annoying. Spencer was pretty lame. The storyline dragged on and on and was preachy. I skipped through many pages of this book. I would not recommend this book.
Verna Samuel
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
A refreshing break from the usual ir/multicultural stories out there .
Angela Cristean
Aug 03, 2019
Jackie Thorpe
Jan 31, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• On His Bended Knee (The Brides of Purple Heart Ranch, #1)
  • Let's Be Just Friends (Just Friends, #1)
  • Mile High (Mile High #1)
  • A Fight For Love (Ex White Soldier #6)
  • Line of Trust (Ex White Soldier #5)
  • The Orchard Inn (Orchard Inn Romance Series, #1)
  • Doctor's Secret Love Child
  • STONE: Her Ruthless Enforcer: 50 Loving States, North Carolina
  • Opposing Sides (University Park, #1)
  • Freshmen Fifteen (Love 101 #1)
  • Knox (The Montana Marshalls, #1)
  • All of Me (Starlight Hill, #1)
  • Best Friends Don't Kiss
  • Second Chances: A Contemporary Romance
  • Mak's: The Mountain Man's Crush (The Wallflower's, #6)
  • Tatum: Taming the Professor (The Campbell Brothers, #4)
  • Choosing Mr. Right (Mr. & Mrs. Right Book 1)
  • Believe in Me (Jett #1)
From an early age, Nia knew she wanted to be a writer and actively began chasing that dream when she was a teenager.

Nia writes interracial romance and contemporary romance with guaranteed happy endings. She loves strong heroines and swoon-worthy heroes, and just enough spice and drama to keep things interesting!

Look for the Taming Series (Taming Mr. Jerkface, Taming Mr. Charming, Taming Mr. Know-I

Taming (4 books)
  • Taming Mr. Charming (Taming #2)
  • Taming Mr. Know-It-All
  • Taming Mr. Darcy (Taming #4)

News & Interviews