Start by marking “Finding North” as Want to Read:
Finding North

Finding North

Red Maine’s blue-collared bad boy, North Underwood, has a dirty little secret—Will Tanner.

Friends since kindergarten, North had been the one to jump first, and his fall into Will’s bed ten years ago had been no exception. Will and North had been inseparable, but things change, people grow apart, and even a blazing flame can dwindle to a dying ember over time.

The more thing
Published February 25th 2016 by Carmen Jenner

✦❋Arianna✦❋
Nov 10, 2015 rated it liked it
3 Stars!!

description

“Finding North” was a pretty great blend of steam, angst an emotion and while was not the best book I have read by this author, I enjoyed it. I was really excited to read this little gem. Firstly because I love m/m reads and secondly because I was really curious how Carmen will develop these two men’s story.

Will and North have known each other since they were kids. They have been friends since forever. Will has known from an early age that he’s gay and also that he has feelings for his
Judith
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
***3.75 Stars***

This is one of my favourite Authors,so when I saw she was doing a M/M book I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

Will and North have been best friends from a young age,growing up together in a small town in Australia.
Will has known from a young age that he's gay and overtime his feelings towards North changed from friendship into something more...
Something happens when they are 18 that makes North push him away and it leaves Will heartbroken.

The book opens when they are both 30.I
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 Stars

Once, North tore my whole world apart. I promised myself I'd never fall again. Turns out I lied.

Being a huge Carmen Jenner fan, when I saw she's coming out with an MM romance, I didn't even bat an eyelash before adding this beauty to my shelves. And when it landed on my kindle? I devoured it in one sitting...though with much fidgeting involved because holy hot sex scenes! My ovaries got a hell of a work out is all I can tell you, because if there's one thing this woman can write, it
Ele
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
**1.5 stars**

There are many raving reviews about this book, so don't mind me and my dissenting opinion. But God, I have no idea how I managed to finish this book. Reasons:

Most, if not all, female characters are horribly portrayed . Some of them are cheaters, others cheat on their fiance a few days before getting married, or screw their boyfriend's best friend a few hours after their break up. The rest of them are sluts, homophobes or just whiny drama queens.

I found both MCs to be obnoxious, imma
Renée
Feb 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, mm-romance
DNF with 1.5 stars. I am rating this book, even though I DNF'd, because I read more than half and dammit - I have to say something about this hot mess.

The blurb and cover sucked me in. Best-friends-to-enemies-to-lovers and second chance romance? Sign me up. 99 cents on Amazon? Check. I one-clicked the shit out of this book, especially since most of the reviews were great.

And this:

It can't ever go back to the
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

This is one of those times that I really wish Goodreads had half stars. Did I like this book? Yes. Did I love it? Not quite.

Will and North have known each other since they were little. Growing up, they became the best of friends. The two boys, and later young men, would spend all of their time together....hanging out, drinking, smoking pot, talking about girls and sharing their dre
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

Finding North is a 'Gay for You' romance between two best friends who thought the world of each other until something happened at the age of 18 to split them apart for the next twelve years.

They live in a small town in Australia where homophobia is still very prevalent. Will is openly gay, but with a highly bigoted father, North is hesitant to rekindle his friendship with his old friend. As Will works in the only pub in town, they often find themselves in each others company and w
.Lili.
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
 photo image.jpg1_zpsgfc8tlo9.jpg

As soon as Finding North popped up on my GoodReads feed I wanted to read it. The cover instantly attracted me and then blurb finished hooking me.

Best friends to lovers + second chance romance= hell yeah!

As the blurb tells us, Will and North’s friendship turned into a relationship, but their relationship ends suddenly when North turned on Will as many in their town had for being gay. They still saw each other in their day to day lives but are nothing more than bartender and patron. As time passe
Wendy
I really liked this hot, but angsty little read. If you want something fluffy and romantic, this is not it. It's quite brutal at times.

North and Will have been best friends forever. Once they are 18 years old everything between them changes. Will has always had feelings for North and he's known he's gay for quite some time. North however likes the ladies...but for some reason he also likes Will...a lot. He can't keep ignorant these feelings he has, so he acts on them. Will is very surprised by
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Let's take a minute or ten to appreciate the cover.

Now. The heart of this story is serious. We are invited to a small town in Australia called Red Maine. This town could be anywhere in the world because, unfortunately, it still is a placeholder for what goes on in narrow-minded people.

Meet Will Tanner and North Underwood. Will has been an openly gay guy since his teenage years. In this small town you are judged, sentenced and ostracized for being what is deemed not normal. He has been living w
Michelle
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Can I just start of by saying that the excitement I had over this book was HUGE. I am madly in love with Carmen’s writing and when I saw she was going to venture into the world of m/m romance, I was sold.

Finding North starts off with a bang. A prologue that flashes into the past of Will and North, best friends, with foreshadowing of the demise of their friendship; but giving us an insight to just how close these two were and how devastating their parting was going to be. I was feeling choked up
Aeren
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Confieso que me encanta el angst., mucho y si hay HEA soy feliz. Me encantan además los personajes que son difíciles, a los que cuesta 'querer'. Había leído un par de reviews no muy favorecedoras pero el resumen me atrajo mucho y la verdad es que me alegro de haberlo leído. North y Will son dos personajes que definiría como torturados, cada uno por sus motivos, ambos han vivido la mayor parte de su vida adulta separados y esto les hace miserables. Me han gustado sus conversaciones, visto el cont ...more
Bati
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Update: I can't love them more! <3

*******

Love it!

Jaime
4 Stars -- Lacking the Feelz -

So this is a book I wanted to read based on the cover which drew me in and a blurb that I thought sounded like a book for me. I can't say I was disappointed in the book; however, it just felt like it was lacking -

First, this story has a few tough subjects including suicide, attempted suicide, physical abuse, emotional abuse, gay bashing, and gay hating. So if you think those topics might be too much for you, probably not a book for you.

Second, I love a gay-for-yo
1-Click Addict Support Group
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Finding North is an epic love story about loving, losing and learning to love again. It’s beautiful, profound, heartbreaking and hauntingly real. I loved every single moment.

“It’s not in me to run away, because I’d spend the rest of my life running from who I’d become. That isn’t how my dad raised me. That isn’t the person I want to be, always hiding, never able to say and do what you feel.”

We are raised to believe what our parents teach us, and oftentimes straying from that comes with severe
Raj
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is like black iridescent butterflies circling a decaying skull drawn across a billboard welcoming you into a sad grey town perched on the cliff overlooking a wild ocean.It's about years of regret & festering hatred,a man's bitter denial of a love born out of fear & glorious violence. It's about hiding one's true self because of blind prejudice,it's a slice of reality about what is to be truly hated for who you love.

I can see why the author mentions that without Troye Sivan this
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbutton_zpscmjwohw3.jpg

ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Raw. Heart-breaking. realistic and honest.
This book broke my heart. It showed so honestly the hardships homosexual people go through just to exist in a world that treats them like a disease. I was witness to extreme homophobia that purely put me off as I read the book. It was difficult to see, through the book, how cruel people can be.

Will Tanner has known his sexual identity since he was a teenager. He tried to hide it, but he
Fabi
I am having the hardest time putting this review together. 4.5 stars for me for this friends to lovers + second chance romance + gay for you story. Two of those tropes are not in my favorites category but it didn't seem to matter in this story. Even the switching from present to past and back again, which often annoys me, simply fit here.

It started out hot, hot, fan-needed hot.

"Holy shit," he says, when he recovers. "Where the fuck did you learn to do that?" .......... "Will?" North says. "What
Ariadna
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
*takes a deep breath, exhales*

Will and North were BFFs since childhood. There was a period of time after they turned 18 when they shared many intimate moments. Just when they are at their most vulnerable, outside influences shatter their relationship. Twelve years later, Will and North still live in Red Maine, a small fishing town in Australia. Both men are barely existing.

Will, who came out at a young age, runs a pub he co-owns with his father. He's resigned himself to living in a town where h
Kristine GPI Bookblog

"North was my childhood. My first love. But he's nothing to me now. We're nothing. We stopped freefalling, and now we're standing still."

I've read quite a lot of MM over the past few years, and while most undoubtedly have got me hot under the collar, feeding off a raw sexual magnetism that the characters possess, few have truly found a place in my heart for examining what it means to find a bond with someone that so much of the world tells them they shouldn't be attracted to, for me so much of t
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
Ever since I read Revelry, Carmen Jenner can count me in every time she writes a book! Add to this the fact Finding North is an M/M book and I'm in heaven.

Before going any further, I should clarify my rating right away. When I start a book they all start at 4 for me. I only keep my 5 star rating for books that blow my mind away and when I have loved everything. So being a 3 star book for me means I liked the book. It's very true for Finding North.
You start the story with Will who owns a bar in a
Toni FGMAMTC

Will and North were inseparable growing up. They live in a small community made up of fishermen and steel mill workers. All citizens have lived in Red Maine their entire lives and know everything about each other. People don't even lock their doors! And homosexuality is not accepted at all.

At 18, a rift separated Will and North. Twelve years have passed. Will is now known as the only gay man in town. He has taken over management of the only
River
Feb 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m

This is a second chance love story, it is told in dual POVs and there are past and present chapters. (Past: 18 years old, present: 30 years old)

Will and North have known each other since they were kids, they were best friends for many years until one day something changed and they stopped talking to each other.

Will is an out and proud gay man living in a small Australian town full of homophobic bigoted assholes.

North is an unhappy man living with many secrets, regrets and desires, his
Jinx
There is nothing I hate worse than picking up a M/M book that contains (view spoiler) involving one of the MC's. IMO that's really lame. If I wanted that in a book I wouldn't being reading M/M. DNF!
Akknieszka
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
After this whole year, I still love them the same.
Tash
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by author in exchange for a honest review
Over the years I have picked and chosen my M/M reads. In the early days it was all about the cheesiness. However that quickly changed when I discovered the poignant tales out there. There may be only a few that have stolen my heart and totally torn into pieces but these stories were special and had stories that I couldn’t forget in a heartbeat.

When it came to Finding North, I knew regardle
Jen
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ratings 45
We all hear the saying #LoveIsLove, and there are many of us truly believe it—who feel that you should be able to love whoever you want. The heart knows no bounds. You love who you love and who’s to dictate where your true love lies. Why do some people feel the need to be the judge and jury, spewing hatred and their bigoted beliefs that two people of the same sex can’t love each other?

In Carmen Jenner’s latest book, Finding North, she delves into the topic head on, giving us two characters I fel
Christelle
A lot of anger in this book. Yes, anger.

North and Will grew up together in a small town, both without a mother but with very different fathers, a drunk one who uses his son as a punch bag, the other tolerant and supportive. During their teenage years, they both get into a relationship until North pushed Will away and they go into adulthood in different ways : Will embracing his gayness despite the surrounding homophobia (really, really heavy) and North living under the shadows of his abusing fa
ItaPixie
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Finding North was the first book written by Carmen Jenner that I've read and I really liked it.
The author delivered a very good story,hot and emotional,that keeps the reader's attention throughout the book.
I was so shocked (in a good way) to see that the story takes place in Australia because I'm too used to read US books but I'm really curious about new countries.
I've loved Will since the beginning,he is so proud and he doesn't let the homophobic citizens of his little village to put him down

Ricardo
Nov 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I found this book extremely funny so I’ll be generous with my review. This is the kind of book where the names of the characters didn’t need to be “North and Will.” They could have been “Robert and Theresa” or “Marie and Joseph” or any other duo and it would also have worked because it wasn’t really a M/M Romance, this was a straight romance with the names changed to two guys. The author threw in the whole homophobia issue just to spice up the plot but overall the book was pretty cliché. I could ...more
Bargain Basement: $50 Amazon Gift Card 1 10 Feb 25, 2016 02:59PM
Bargain Basement: $50 Amazon Gift Card 1 12 Nov 13, 2015 02:49PM
  • Where You Least Expect It
  • Moment Of Silence (Moments In Time, #4)
  • Getting It Right (Restoration #1)
  • Catch My Breath
  • Aftermath (Aftermath, #1)
  • Taken
  • (Watch Me) Body You (Run This Town, #2)
  • A Life Without You (Boston Boys #1)
  • Everything Changes (Resilient Love #1)
  • Acting Out (Hollywood #2)
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
  • Pillow Talk
  • The Alpha Heir (Kingdom of Askara, #2)
  • Husband Material
  • Worth The Fight (Hard To Love, #1)
  • At War (War Trilogy, #1)
  • Go Fish
  • Afterglow (Up-Ending Tad: A Journey of Erotic Discovery, #6)
Carmen Jenner is a USA Today and international bestselling author.

A hardcore red lipstick addict and a romantic at heart, Carmen strives to give her characters the HEA they deserve, but not before ruining their lives completely first … because what’s a happily ever after without a little torture?

Sign up to my newsletter for free books, and exclusive content https://www.subscribepage.com/carmenj...
“He’s a decent guy, but he’s not North. He doesn’t send a swarm of kamikaze butterflies hurtling around my insides, he doesn’t make my balls tighten with longing, and he doesn’t make my heart beat faster. Only North does that, and I loathe him for it. Naturally” 1 likes
“He’s so blinded by that fear that he can’t even see that he’s loved for who he is, regardless of his sexual preferences. He’s so terrified that he can’t see how much pretending has fucked him in the head, because when he looks at me he doesn’t see a man who loves him—he sees a man who has the potential to destroy the façade he so carefully built. Instead of a future, he sees his ruin. Without” 1 likes