Start by marking “The Fable of Us” as Want to Read:
The Fable of Us

The Fable of Us

Her heart can’t be destroyed by the same person twice. At least that’s what Clara Abbot finds herself hoping when she runs into Boone Cavanaugh less than an hour after returning to Charleston.

As kids, Clara and Boone had been each other’s firsts, and no one or nothing could stand in the way of their forever. But all kids have to grow up sometime. The troubled son of the to
Published February 2nd 2016

Aestas Book Blog
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::: 4.5 stars :::

“It doesn’t seem to matter how far away I go or how many years go by. I’m starting to accept that there will always be some part of me that is going to hold on to some part of you.”

I absolutely loved this book!! It captured my attention from the very first chapter and I couldn't stop reading until I reached the end. The story was full of heart and the beautiful writing captured the intense emotions of a second chance romance flawlessly. I highly
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.75 STARS

description

Nicole Williams delivers a second chance romance that at times I found over the top in wedding shenanigans but underneath the outrageous rich verse poor mentality is a wonderful couple and hero. Claire Abbot returns home for her sister’s wedding to her once boyfriend. On a pit stop before reaching the estate, she runs into her former love, not her sister’s fiancé, Ford but her best friend/epic love lost Boone Cavanaugh.

There's hate, sparks and a lot of confusion for the reader as to
Natasha is a Book Junkie
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED:

“What had we been thinking as kids pretending we could chase forever? Stupid. That’s what we’d been.”

There’s something very special about an author whose every new book makes you feel like a kid on Christmas morning, and Nicole Williams is one of those authors for me. Never one for depicting human nature or matters of the heart in broad strokes, Ms Williams’ stories tend to focus on the small things in life, the everyday and the often unnoticed, weaving them into bre
Nikki ღ Navareus

***THREE STARS***

I just finished this story and I'm still irritated beyond belief. This story left me feeling conflicted, pissed off and very unsatisfied.

I actually love second chance romance stories. This story started out pretty strong. I loved Clara's stress at returning to her family's home for her sister Charlotte's wedding. This same sister, who after getting caught screwing Clara's boyfriend Ford behind her back, was now marrying him.

Clara is stressed and sick at the whole ordeal of onc
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Beautiful, magical, emotional ...three words that come to mind when I think of this second chance romance. Nicole Williams has done it again...she has made my heart happy. Full review to come!
book_luv_r
I'm really disappointed in this book. There were a few reviewers that I follow that raved about this. This book was in need of some serious flashbacks and character development. I kept waiting to read about their steamy forbidden romance as teenagers, but there was nothing. Zero. Zilch. Do me a favor and read Judith McNaught's book Paradise. That book is the pinnacle of gut wrenching romance. Many of the same topics are shared, but that book will leave you staying up all night to finish. This bo ...more
Lea ★
5 stars*****

What an amazing book!

This was a totally random find and first Nicole Williams book I've read, and boy, I am not sorry!
Woman is a genius!
I will certainly read more of her works.

This was emotional, heartbreaking, funny... and simply beautiful.
I think it would make an amazing movie.
I can't think of one single thing I didn't like about this book.
From characters to writing, everything was perfect.
Clara Abbot and Boone Cavanaugh are a couple who will stay with me for a long time.

I
Hannah ◇Reader in the Rough◇
"The boy I fell in love with was in those eyes, in the man standing before me now."

The kind of book that makes me wonder why I click on this crap...

*free on kindle unlimited*
Bookphenomena (Micky)

The Fable of Us demonstrates the very best of what Nicole Williams does with skillful ease. She creates characters you lose yourself in, a story with longing and hope and that feeling of satisfaction at its culmination.

I love a good stand alone, couple that with a story of second chances and it's the perfect 'curl up at the weekend' recipe. The characters of Boone and Clara are a feisty pair, especially Clara. These two have depth and I enjoyed getting under their skin and finding out
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 stars

The Fable of Us is a contemporary romance (for me somewhere between New Adult and Adult).

The narrator is Clara/Clara Belle Abbott. She is 25 and originally from Charleston. Her family is mega-rich and extremely snobby. So she moved away and now lives in Santa Barbara.

She has come back for her sister's wedding to Ford McBride. She has not been back to Charleston for years. And she is anxious and sick about the idea of having to see her family again.

Shortly after returning to town she r
☾☆ Nikki. ✿
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mixed feelings about this book.
I really liked Boones character though, I really enjoyed his moments in this book. I liked his and Clara's relationship but the only thing I didn't really like was Clara's family, they were a bit over the top and the whole bit with the wedding dress really really annoyed me and it was a bit mean.

But other than that this was an okay read for me!

Four stars.
Rebecca
4.5 STARS

When I first learned Nicole Williams was writing a new book I was intrigued, but after learning it was second chance romance set in my favorite U.S. city, it quickly escalated to, “Must have this book now or I could die type of excitement!” I definitely went into this book with above average expectations. Even so, I was not prepared for how much Clara and Boone’s story captured my attention and complete adoration.

“It doesn’t seem to matter how far away I go or how many years go by. I’
Tati
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for a book about a dysfunctional family, search no more. You've found it.

The Abbots are one of the most dysfunctional families I've ever read. Charlotte was just insane, and the fact that their mother actually let her get away with it? (view spoiler)

Thankfully, Charlotte was not the main character. Clara was. I do wish she'd make
Maria R.
Feb 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So disappointing, stressful but boring.

I have so much to say about this one. Premise was fabulous and beginning piqued my interest. Then it all went south....this book was so stressful and boring. Ford and the Abbott family were such bullies and outright cruel. The relationship between Clara and Boone was dull, no spark or chemistry. Maybe they had it 7 years ago but the reader does not even get a picture of that. I'm over the alpha male storyline but give me some emotion, some passion, some co
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic

~~5 BOONE CAVANAUGH HEARTS~~

Nicole Williams had me hook, line and sinker with her Crash Series. The Fable of Us was phenomenal. I devoured this book in one day. I didn't want Boone and Claire's story to end. Reading their story unfold into this unforgettable love story took my breath away. I love that Claire was a strong character. I didn't care too much for her sister, Charlotte. But every story has to have a villain, right?! Charlotte had the middle sister syndrome, but some of her actions we
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
I listened to the audio version of this story and I think it is a completely different reading experience than looking at words on a page, especially when the narrator is able to inject so much emotion into their voice and of course the southern accents.

Clara and Boone were in love as teenagers but it was the classic ‘wrong side of the tracks’ romance story. She came from a family of wealth and influence. He came from a family with nothing. The one thing they did have in common was how much they
Valentina "TinchyB"
Too much drama for my taste.
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

Second chance romances are one of my top favorite tropes to read, and the fact that Nicole Williams wrote one in The Fable of Us? I was in total book heaven while reading it! I’ve loved this author since I first read Crash, and with every book she writes, she proves to me why she will always be a favorite author of mine. This newest book of hers only reaffirms my love for her wonderful storytelling. I fell hard for Clara and Boone’s second chance romance –
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★
This definitely wasn't a favorite of mine from the author.
I love a second chance romance, but it fell short. I felt as though the characters weren't developed enough and we didn't get any insight into their past at all, besides the bits and pieces of what they were willing to share.
Clara Belle is the oldest daughter of the wealthiest families in Charleston, SC and when she was younger she fell for the "trash" as the rich like to call him. Boone's family lived in a trailer, mother is a drunk, dad
Anne OK
Feb 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
Here readers will find a second-chance-at-love story. Clara Belle Abbott and Boone Cavanaugh are surprised to be face-to-face again after a 7-year separation. Their relationship was torn apart by lies, secrets and social standing. Clara ran from her past to California and made a new life for herself. Boone remained in Charleston, South Carolina where his life was anything but fulfilled. When her sister’s wedding brings Clara back to South Carolina, old wounds are reopened along more interference ...more
Sheree
Feb 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-me

Clara pays her ex boyfriend that she hasn't seen in 7 years to be her "plus one" for her sisters wedding. Her sisters fiancé is also Clara's ex and he's an absolute ass. Horrible snobby family that treat Boone like shit because he's poor. The relationship between Clara and Boone is dull, no spark or chemistry.

Disappointing.
Terri
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. A super sweet second chance romance....."Southern style". Clara and Boone were high school sweethearts that were torn apart seven years earlier and now unexpectedly brought back together. As the story progresses we slowly find out why things happened and how everything went down seven years ago. I enjoyed the plot and writing style so I will definitely be reading more works by this authors.
Emma
Apr 04, 2016 rated it liked it
A solid 4 star book ruined by the last 25%. I was so annoyed by the characters and their stupid choices in the past!!!
Three Chicks
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Don't you love a second chance at love? Love recaptured and rediscovered and renewed. Clara Abbott and Boone Cavanaugh may have ended their relationship with shattered hearts, but they may find that hearts keep beating long after we think a romance is dead.

Clara breaks out in a sweat just at the thought of seeing her family again. Her younger sister Charlotte is getting married to Ford McBride, her ex and she can't avoid coming back home for her wedding. But on the cab ride fr
Jill
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG I didn’t realize how much I missed Nicole William’s books until I started reading The Fable of Us. I was hooked from the very first page, until the book was over. I seriously didn’t want it to end.
The Fable of Us is a second chance romance between Boone and Clara, who lost each-other when they were young. Due to a lot of lies, and misunderstandings they both hurt each-other. A surprise meeting, and offer bring them back into each-others’ lives.
Boone is my new favorite bbf of Nicole (Jude i
Suzanne
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nicole's best book!

I have been trying formulate words to review this book for over two weeks, and nothing I say will do it justice.

I was hooked from the start, as I am with every book she writes. But there was something different about this book too. It was a breath of fresh air from what is normally out there. She writes with such style that allows you to feel and see exactly what the characters are feeling and seeing. You are in the book.

Clara and Boone were each other's first loves, but cir
Becky Frosco
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yasmin
No Rating

Yes, folks you read that right. I'm not rating this book. And that's not because this book's the worst I've read out but I'm not also going to jump out of the screen at you and saying, "Gawd, this was like, the best book, like everrrr"

description

It's neither of that. This is book goes into the dreaded third category. Yepp, not gonna lie, the sad truth is.

Yasmin. Is. Ambivalent.

*cue the fucking gasps*

[image error]

I'm afraid to say this but this book, will remain unrated by me.

And honestly thi
Katerina
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it
3.75 Double Decimals.

"I’d spent my first eighteen years of life inhaling and holding my breath: waiting, enduring, biding . . .
And then I’d gotten out.”

Carla Belle fled Charleston seven years earlier but has returned for the wedding of her sister, Charlotte and ex-boyfriend Ford. Soon enough, she stumbles across Boone - resentful, wholesome, beautiful Boone and the man she left behind who fundamentally triggers a response of empathy and curiosity from the reader.

“Little Sister Abbott Weds B