Start by marking “A Game Called Dead” as Want to Read:
A Game Called Dead

A Game Called Dead

“A Game Called Dead," is the sequel to "The Swamps of Jersey," the first Frank Nagler Mystery.

Nagler is called to investigate the brutal attack of on two women at the local college. It begins a tale of urban terror, much of which seems to be directed at Nagler and his associates.

The story introduces the mysterious terrorist #ARMEGEDDON, who taunted the police from cybersp
Published January 7th 2016 by Imzadi Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Game Called Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Game Called Dead

Start your review of A Game Called Dead
Reyna Favis
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Detective Frank Nagler is Ironton, the northern New Jersey city where the story takes place. Both teeter on the knife’s edge between hope and despair. The city wallows in economic crisis brought on by the post-industrial era and exacerbated by greedy local politicians. But its heart of gold, the city’s resilient people who dream of better times and a different life for their children, fight the good fight, generation after generation, despite all odds. Nagler is the Fisher King, the death of his ...more
Charlotte Anderson
I received an advanced copy of this book fro NetGally in exchange for an honest review. This book is a sequel to,"The Swamps of Jersey." It starts out after New Jersey Detective Nagelr has exposed the political corruption in Irontown, New Jersey, now he finds himself with a planned by someone who wants to do away with him for once and for all.
As the story goes there was a break in at the local college, and two women were beaten very horrible. This leaves Nagler with the question, is it possible
Merritt
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book wasn't really my cup of tea.

It reminds me of 'In Cold Blood' By Truman Capote in that, there is a lot of psychological examination. The detective wonders what someone must feel to commit a certain act, standing somewhere, he 'feels' the motive, etc.

There is also a lot of poetic imagery. I respect this, it is not easy to do, much less well but, It's just not what I prefer when reading a mystery.

The book is well written but, rather grim and stark. Again, just not my cup of tea. True cri
Jeanne
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it
This was an ok read that could have been great but for a few problems for me. The first two pages used more adjectives that I've seen in a long time The characters were well drawn and I liked Leonard, his aide Bobby and most of the others The plot was terrific but I knew who the killer was within the first chapter and the writing style meandered too much. Possibly the author could have made his plot points linear and connected them more succinctly. 3 stars because it was a good premise.
Iffet Burton
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
A game called dead

The novel has the type of narrative that has a first person omniessent style which makes the narrative extremely detailed and can overpower the plot itself. It's like an old style detective story on TV with the narrative voice running the whole time. It's ideal for readers who like the whole of the story explained to them in detail and do not like to have to infer or deduce a great deal.

It's well written with enough twists in the plot to keep you guessing.

Ideal for any studen
Mar 25, 2018
Terry
is currently reading it
Jul 09, 2020
Michael Stephen Daigle is a writer and journalist who lives in New Jersey with his family. He had an award-winning career in journalism including time at newspapers in Massachusetts, Maine and New Jersey.
He is the author of the award-winning Frank Nagler Mystery series:
"The Swamps of Jersey" (2014);
"A Game Called Dead" (2016) A Runner-up in the 2016 Shelf Unbound Indie Book Awards;
"The Weight of L