Start by marking “Betting On The Wrong Brother (What Happens In Vegas, #12)” as Want to Read:
Betting On The Wrong Brother (What Happens In Vegas, #12)

Betting On The Wrong Brother

(What Happens in Vegas #12)

He may be at a romance readers’ convention, but a naked woman in the elevator is not what horror writer Ryan Wheeler expects. Now he can’t take his eyes off of her—and not just because he saw her naked, though her luscious curves certainly aren’t helping the matter. She’s beautiful, funny, snarky…and a complication he doesn’t need.

Running into her teen heartthrob while nak
Published February 8th 2016 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Lovestruck)

Alyssa

Publisher: Entangled Lovestruck
Publication Date: February 8, 2016
Rating: 1 star
Source: eARC from NetGalley

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

Light-hearted and sexy! Betting on the Wrong Brother was a cheeky reader-girl inspired good time!

The quick of it is that Andi is in Vegas for a book convention and low and behold the boy who broke her heart when she was a teen just so happens to be staying at the same hotel, is trapped in the elevator with her aaaaannnd.... doesn't have a clue who she is. Revenge is most definitely in store. Who will get the last laugh, erm, orgasm? That's still up fo
Alyse
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Betting on the Wrong Brother by Cathyrn Fox is a light-hearted, quick read perfect for a lazy day.

Romance novelist Andi Palmer is running late for a meeting while at a Romance convention in Vegas when the elevator she is in breaks down. In order to save time, she begins to change from her travel clothes to her business outfit with her publisher when the elevator begins to move and in walks her childhood crush, Nolan Wheeler.

Or so she thinks...

Horror writer Ryan Wheeler is at the same hotel to
Kate's Corner
I’ve decided to be honest on this review and I might not be nice about.
It is to put a stop and declare that it is

ENOUGH of the FLUFF. A picture to add to this fact:

photo Unbenannt_zpsxmmkaxbc.png

For all the reasons that everyone who has read this book. Those are the exact reasons why I didn’t like it. 2.5 awkward stars.

It was funny yes but to the point where I thought it was just too cheesy moments.

There were awkward moments that were funny to a certain degree but all in all they were
just awkward moments

I didn’t count
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I love this fun read. It was a delightful story from the beginning. A great and memorable opening. Solid character development and not a whole lot of angst and drama which is what I enjoy in a light-hearted romance novel.

Even though this is another what happens in Las Vegas stays in Vegas type of story, the author gave us a unique and entertaining book. The male lead is sweet and really makes an effort to treat a girl right.

This book is fun and sexy and even though it was a quick read, it held m
Nicole
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arcs

ARC kindly provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

4**** stars for this story

Well, well that was a really funny and enjoyable story with fast plot!! Mostly i liked the big twist plot and the funny, awkward scenes.

Andi Palmer is a romance writer and went in Las Vegas for a Romance writers convention where
will meet Ryan Wheeler but because of some technical problems he will catch her in some really
non wearing any clothes besides my panties and bra and the whole situation wil

Carrie
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
When attending a convention romance writer Andi Palmer is having one of those days that it seems everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Running late for a meeting the elevator decides to quit working so after fifteen minutes of waiting Andi decides to go ahead and change for her meeting to save time. Wouldn't you know the elevator then decides to move and when the door opens in walks who Andi thinks is her teenage crush that broke her heart.

Jack Wheeler is now a horror author and goes by h
Ally
Meh at best. Easy read but getting connected to the characters? Not so much. And what the f);k is up with the romance writer who had never had good/any Sex trope? I mean seriously, do you authors devalue the romance author (circuitous logic, I know) that much? Just because one writes our reads romance, one does not necessarily have a sh!t sex life. I may be ranting here but I am the f@;k over it. In fact, my rating just went from the original three star to a one star because of that sh;t.

Heroin
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I had a really good time reading this story. From start to finish, Cathryn Fox had me giggling, had a huge smile on my face and made me want to go to Vegas to see what happens if I stand in the elevator half-naked and someone I think I know walks in.

Andi and Ryan kicked up the fun meter in Betting on the Wrong Brother. Right from the opening scene in the elevator, you knew that there was no way you weren’t going to laugh your way through this
Christina
Jan 27, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars – 3 Flames

What a cute and relatively short read. To be honest, I was totally expecting this to be cheesy and flat out eye rolling, but I was pleasantly surprised that the storyline and even the characters didn’t bother me like I thought they would, by reading the blurb.

Andi is a romance writer at a convention in Vegas. She gets stuck in an elevator (why do always think of Aerosmith) and while stuck, decides to make the best of the situation by changing into her next outfit so she isn
Tessa
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, romance
Super sweet

This was light and fun. It had me giggling throughout the story and falling fot Ryan. The characters were fun and relatable. I do wish we found out more about that room. That would have probably added a whole other dimension.
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
There are some things that attract me so in a plot. A romance author shacking it up with a horror writer? Uh, yes please, and leave me alone with this for a while. However, I had a few problems with this one. As a sports romance lover, I know not to expect everything sports related in a book, and the same goes for a book with authors. But, I still would’ve loved to read some insight into both Ryan and Andi’s minds. I mean, c’mon, this is a double chance to get to know what goes through the mind ...more
Rhonda Brant
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge Cathryn Fox fan, especially her In the Line of Duty series, so when I had the opportunity to read her new book, I jumped at the chance.

Betting on the Wrong Brother is about a romance book writer (very fitting) Andrea Palmer, who is attending a Romance Book Writer convention in Las Vegas, and a horror book writer, Ryan Grayson who is also in Las Vegas doing research for a book he wants to write. I think this is one of my new favorites that Cathryn Fox has written. It was hysterical, th
Emma
Feb 12, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5/5
Betting on the Wrong Brother is a cute, fast paced romance featuring mistaken identity, sizzling chemistry, fate and finding your soulmate.

The third person narrative aids the numerous plot threads stemming from Andi and Ryan's history, although in a completely unexpected way. You see Andi is the same age as Ryan's younger brother and had a HUGE crush on him as a teen only to have him break her heart. Andi was an awkward, frumpy teen resulting in self-esteem issues years later.

A case of mist
Red Cheeks Reads
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
'Maybe the good girl just wanted to be bad.’

This book was so much fun. Who doesn’t love a what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas story and mix in some mistaken identify, a one week affair and all things romance author conventions and you get a great way to spend an afternoon.

‘Andi was quickly becoming an addiction’

When romance author Andi runs into a man from her past it is not all smiles and reminiscing. He hurt her and while she can play the part of strangers in Vegas she refuses to forget o
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I was excited to read this one just based on the blurb. I fantasied about meeting me a hot, naked guy in the elevator. I would be assured that elevator ride would not end anytime in the next week. But on to what brought us here. I found this happening in Vegas to be a delight and wanted more. There were 4star Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh going on here. Fun, Sexy, Light Hearted, Quick read.

This year's romance convention was not what one Ryan Wheeler was expecting. He got much more that he could have ever expe
Fizza
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's a lighthearted romantic novel. It's a story of a romance writer and a horror writer, both are at romance readers' convention but not for the same reasons. I loved both Ryan and Andi. Book is well-written and story flows smoothly which makes it a quick and fun read. A must read for romance lovers!
Reflections of a Book Geek

This was a pretty easy read, it was light and gave me a few giggles throughout. The premise was good but I felt like the story was rushed in parts especially the ending.

I would have liked to have heard about Andi and Nolan meeting again and how that went. I felt there were a few things that could have been better developed, that and the ending being the main ones.
Ofelia
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great book from the What Happens in Vegas series!
Irene
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was ok

I was torn on how to rate Betting On The Wrong Brother, I enjoyed some parts and others not so much.
Sadly this wasn't for me.

Thank you to Entangled Lovestruck for the advance copy.
Adria (Musings and Reviews)
Originally posted on Adria's Romance Reviews

* A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for the purpose of an honest review.

So horror writer Ryan has found himself at a romance readers’ convention and he’s found himself face to face with a nearly naked woman in the elevator. Her funny, snarky personality interests him almost as much as her physical attributes do but he doesn’t need the complication a woman would bring him. Plus she seems to dislike him for some reason. Andi
Tiffany Willams
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

"Tonight would go down in history, because this week, what happened in Vegas definitely wasn't going to stay in Vegas."

Have you ever been at the wrong place at the wrong time? Or rather, been face to face with someone from your past you never thought you would see again?
Well this is what has happened to Andi Palmer.

Andi is a romance novelist and is participating in a week long convention in the lovely city of Las Vegas. When things aren't going as planned, she ends up half naked, stuck in an ele
Happily Ever Chapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ FOUR-STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

⭐ ⭐ Provided by Publisher in Exchange for an Honest Review ⭐ ⭐

Judging a Book by it's Cover:
Bare feet, some naked or disrobed legs. Synopsis sounds like fun.

Looking Deeper:
Third-person POV. She's a romance writer attending a conference, he's a horror writer researching an allegedly haunted room at the hotel they are staying at. He also happens to be the older brother of the boy she had a crush on as a teen, the boy who broke her heart and destroyed her self-
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Andi had her heart broken when she was a teenager by a man that she thought was her friend, but now that she is older she writes her own romances. While at a romance writer's convention in Vegas who does she get stuck in an elevator with? The man that destroyed her self confidence years ago...or so she thinks. What she doesn't know is that it is actually his older brother. She comes up with a plan to seduce him and then leave him wanting but the attraction between the two of them is off the char ...more
Teresa
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is fantastic, funny and wonderful book! I loved it and how Ryan Wheeler and Andi Palmer first meet is just hilarious!

Andi Palmer is in Las Vegas for a Romance Writers Convention and when in the hotel's elevator, of course, malfunctions on its way to the lobby, she meets Ryan Wheeler. However, since she had been stuck in there, she starts to change her clothes, so when the doors finally open she's found by Ryan in her "bloomers" and bra! What happens next is very funny and eye opening when
EscapeNBooks
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it

Betting on the Wrong Brother is a standalone contemporary romance novel by Cathryn Fox.
Andi Palmer is one of our favorite types of people, a romance writer. She's at a writer's convention when she runs into who she believes is the man she used to pine over as a young girl. Ryan Grayson has a chance meeting with Andi and is immediately taken by her. But, they don't recognize each other for who they really are, and this leads us into a story of humor, hot times, and happiness.

Told in third person
Donna Sweeney
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Kindly provided with an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.......

3.5 "Viva Las Vegas" Stars from Me x

This is Andi and Ryan's story. It was quite witty and I liked the romance sizzle. Andi is at a writers convention where she meets up again with Ryan who was the lustful object of her teenage devotion and heartache !!!.However, Andi has pegged the wrong brother, it was his younger sibling (Nolan) who caused her the strife !!!

So, Andi enter's Ryan into a "cover model" competition, t
Bambi Unbridled
This one didn't work for me. I picked it up at a time when I'd had my fill of insecure heroines... and this story has an insecure heroine with a vindictive streak. Andi Palmer, romance author, wants to get back at a boy from high school so she comes up with a revenge plot to make him sorry. Only she has the wrong guy as she has mistaken Ryan Grayson for his brother, Nolan Wheeler. Tons of miscommunication and misunderstanding ensue, along with several rounds of sex for the wrong reasons. I just ...more
Lisa
Feb 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect palate cleaner...light and fluffy and completely necessary after after my book melt down and total dummy spit over Colleen Hoover.

Andi is a romance novelist at a convention in Vegas when an elevator mishap has her trapped with an old crush, Nolan, who humiliated her and crushed her confidence as a teen.
But it seems hottie Nolan doesn't remember, or recognise Andi, so she plots to pay him back.

But the reader is privy to the fact that the hottie is in fact Nolan's brother, Ryan, a Horror w
Bette Hansen
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another light, fun, sexy read in the What Happens in Vegas series! This is one convention I definitely want to attend.

Andi Palmer is having one of those day! That's how she ended up in an elevator with very little on to hide her girly parts. Of course that's exactly were she runs into her teenage crush Ryan Wheeler. He doesn't seem to recognize her though and even gives her a fake name so it seems only fair to exact a little payback!! That's were the hilarity begins and this one will keep you ch
  • Her Rancher Rescuer
  • Her Secret, His Surprise
  • Do Over
  • Tempting Acquisitions  (Boardrooms & Billionaires, #1)
  • Ever Mine
  • Menage on 34th Street
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • Faking It
  • Devil's Honor (The Devil's Keepers #1)
  • Icing on the Cake (Close to Home, #2)
  • Here in My Heart (Echoes of the Heart, #0.5)
  • His Million Dollar Risk (Take a Risk, #3)
  • One Night Charmer (Copper Ridge, #4)
  • Taking the Score (Tall, Dark, and Texan, #2)
  • Hot Toy
  • Her Best Laid Plans
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch  (Amour et Chocolat #4)
New York Times and USA today Best selling author, Cathryn is a wife, mom, sister, daughter, and friend. She loves dogs, sunny weather, anything chocolate (she never says no to a brownie) pizza and red wine. She has two teenagers who keep her busy with their never ending activities, and a husband who is convinced he can turn her into a mixed martial arts fan. Cathryn can never find balance in her l ...more

What Happens in Vegas (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Tempting Her Best Friend (What Happens in Vegas, #1)
  • The Makeover Mistake (What Happens in Vegas, #2)
  • A Change of Plans (What Happens In Vegas, #3)
  • Masquerading with the CEO (What Happens in Vegas, #4)
  • Just One Reason(What Happens In Vegas, #5)
  • Tamed By The Outlaw (What Happens in Vegas #6)
  • Tempted By Mr. Write (What Happens In Vegas, #7)
  • Gambling on the Bodyguard (What Happens In Vegas, #8)
  • Seducing Seven (What Happens in Vegas #9)
  • Calling Her Bluff (What Happens In Vegas, #10)