Start by marking “Hang Time: Days And Dreams With Michael Jordan” as Want to Read:
Hang Time: Days And Dreams With Michael Jordan

Hang Time: Days And Dreams With Michael Jordan

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  359 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Bob Greene shows us a side of Michael Jordan that doesn't make the sports page...the inside.

Journalist and bestselling author Bob Greene stepped into Michael Jordan's world just as Jordan was reaching the apex of his talent and his fame. With Greene, Jordan let down his guard.

In an extraordinary book that transcends sports biography, Greene takes the reader along with Jord
Published December 15th 1993 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published October 4th 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Hang Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hang Time

Andrew Miller
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bob Greene captured a unique perspective on the subject of Michael Jordan, Jordan's good friend. Everyone has heard of the incredible Michael Jordan stories of his in-game dominance, but rarely do you observe how he is off the court like this story did. Jordan has an obvious tendency to avoid expressing himself to the common public; Greene was able to express his rare knowledge of Jordan's personality and convey to the readers that he is actually human with unique qualities and not just the supe ...more
Christopher Galindo
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This will blow the minds of basketball fans and also michael Jordan fans too. when i read this book i never knew what type of person Michael Jordan will be outside this count. This book will give a good experience of what Michael Jordan does before a game or after. Bob Greene is a good person because Michael jordan does not talk to no one about his personal life but to Bob he does. In this book i think that Michael Jordan is a sprightly person he is full of energy in every game. Also between int ...more
Joe Reto
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jordan's dominance during the 'Jordan Era' is examplary. Like all of us MJ made mistakes too and he took reponsibility for the mistakes. Jordan and I are associates from UNC in the early 80s. Bottom line is: MJ is better than most people have heard. Jordan has been very good to me in a number of ways that are too long to mention here. About the book: READ IT! It gives a perspective of Jordan's life written by Bob Greene who is not a sports writer. Very unique perspective indeed!
Gina Herald
Apr 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Jordan's early years in the NBA. Greene got to see the real Michael Jordan and the story is one of friends. It was a great perspective.
Thomas Rush
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When a writer first puts his pen to paper, there are a number of things that are being sought. More than anything else, a writer wrestles with how to take something as complex as reality and reduce it into little, black, written letters printed on paper. The writer wants to do this in such a way that the reader, when it is taken in, will use mental powers of the imagination, filter it, and then represent it within so that the original reality comes back alive. In this book, Bob Greene has done j ...more
Gabe
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I did't really like this book, but if you are a Michael Jordan fan this is for you. This book doesn't go into much detail about Michael Jordan, but it shows how great he was. Michael Jordan definitely was the Greatest player of all time. I would recommend this book to people who care about before and after his first championships. If you want to know about his entire career I would not recommend this book.
David
Jan 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable sports biography. Bob Greene lets you see the human side of a man who is maybe one of the greatest sports figures of the twentieth century. If your looking for a book about sports only, you may be disappointed. If you are a Jordan fan and want to get to know who he really is, this book is a must read. Reads very well and will prompt you to find other books written by Greene. (originally posted on Amazon.com)
Graham Caywood
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports, nonfiction
What an incredible story. I've seen and read most ever book and movie that tells the story of Michael Jordan and the Bulls from the outside, but this was the true insight of Michael Jordan from the inside. Who he was, what he thought, how he felt, before/as he was becoming the jaded person he inevitably became. It tells a great story about how he felt about his parents, and why he truly decided to pursue baseball. I'm so happy I got to read it.
Rebecca
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
A solid sports biography. I appreciated the depth of the insights and that it didn't try to be encyclopedic. All I know is that I'm going to give famous people their space! And buy myself an MJ t-shirt. I still wanna be like Mike.
Ryan
May 07, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: formative
oddly enough - one of the books that probably shaped me a lot as a person...
Rick
Aug 03, 2008 rated it liked it
We lived in Chicago during the Jordan era. No choice but to read this... enjoyed it
Tajh
Apr 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was a great book and very fun do read. I would highly say u should read tis book.
Nranger7
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Can't remember why as I read it over 10 yrs ago...
Juan Sanchez
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of the best books about the one and only.... MJ.
Cameron
Jun 17, 2016
Steph Adams
Aug 31, 2007
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Second Coming: The Strange Odyssey Of Michael Jordan  From Courtside To Home Plate And Back Again
  • Life on the Run
  • More than a Game
  • Magic Johnson: My Life
  • Playing for Keeps: Michael Jordan and the World He Made
  • Fall River Dreams: A Team's Quest for Glory, A Town's Search for Its Soul
  • Underbelly Hoops: Adventures in the CBA - A.K.A. The Crazy Basketball Association
  • Second Wind
  • The City Game: Basketball from the Garden to the Playgrounds
  • Outside Shot: Big Dreams, Hard Times, and One County's Quest for Basketball Greatness
  • When the Garden Was Eden: Clyde, the Captain, Dollar Bill, and the Glory Days of the New York Knicks
  • The Assist: Hoops, Hope, and the Game of Their Lives
Robert Bernard Greene, Jr., who writes as Bob Greene, is a journalist.

More about Bob Greene...