Start by marking “Spirelli Paranormal Investigations: Episodes 1-3” as Want to Read:
Spirelli Paranormal Investigations: Episodes 1-3

Spirelli Paranormal Investigations: Episodes 1-3

(Spirelli Paranormal Investigations #1-3)

Jack Spirelli, paranormal investigator, public debunker of paranormal frauds, and private fixer for the magic-using community has opened his doors. Jack's in a crunch. Since he went pseudo-public with Spirelli Paranormal Investigations, his business has sky-rocketed. Debunking the scum who prey on vulnerable targets makes up half his business now. And the rest of his time? ...more
Published December 25th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Spirelli Paranormal Investigations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirelli Paranormal Investigations

Start your review of Spirelli Paranormal Investigations: Episodes 1-3
Maggie
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
These are more 3 short stories (the total of 260 pages includes a preview of episode 4). By book 3, you have a better feel for the characters and the world as both slowly unfurl across the stories. I’d almost stopped after Book 1, but by Book 3 consider them an easy very light read. There’s not major mystery or romance -things just happen in their investigations and you tag along.

If these were on Kindle Unlimited, I’d read the next book (episodes 4 - 6). Not rushing out to buy it though.
Joy
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was a little to simple minded for my taste. The plot follows what has become a cookiecutter formula for urban Fantasy...buddy investigators, one or both with supernatural abilities get involved in crimes involving the supernatural world.

I like that one of these is a dragon (nice change) but the mysteries are simplistic and without drama, nor are the characters engaging.
Melissa Jane
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Not a bad book, well 3 books, but it felt like some information was missing. The story were short, interesting and the MC and his Dragon helper were well portrayed characters. I just wanted more. The story was just beginning when bam! They were over. Add a few more of these episodes and you would have a great book.
Cathi
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The idea is good but the editing is terrible.
Tanya
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
This reads more as three novellas in one rather than three books.
The plots are simple, characters seem to be under development, as is the world to some degree. (Yes, it’s set in the US, but the rules of the magical side of the world are definitely still under construction.)
There are also some typos in the edition I read.
Not a bad read, but definitely predictable, short, and not as engaging as I had hoped it would be.
Or that’s my interpretation today anyway.
Heather
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Lightweight read. It actually has the feel of TV episodes oddly enough. I picked it up a while ago on sale and it’s sat on my kindle until I felt like reading a Dresden and wasn’t in the middle of one.

Definitely similar vein of Dresden files, Jack Spirelli has no magical ability himself which is odd for this genre. A human in the magical world with no explanation as to why.

Then, he’s joined by Marin, who is a young but powerful dragon, who really does all the work.

The character development is
Kevin
Dec 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining and humorous PI with a dragon sidekick.
Some things confused me, such as when the PI had been under mind control but defeated the controller. Then he complained that his dragon was being too loud after being injured. I expected there to be an explanation, but there was not.
A few typos toward the end when the author seemed to be in a rush to get it out the door: A repeated word, your instead of you're, plural with an apostrophe s, missing word, missing letter.
Patty
Feb 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun

This was a fun read- it wasn't what I expected. I was disappointed by a couple of things but they were related to what I expected or wanted rather than the stories or writing. Please take my 3 stars with a grain of salt; you may not be as hard-headed as I, give the stories a chance, they are good fun.
Kay Cashman
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jim Butcher meet Simon Green

This is a wonderful supernatural detective series.
Gives new meaning to the expression "hard to put down." Good for all ages.
Amy Schneider
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great reading!

Easy to read, I kept turning the pages. Great talent here and I will definitely keep reading her books in the future.

Rebecca Deanna
Interesting and entertaining

This book had just enough suspense to keep you interested but a light kind of reading. Held my interest and kept me guessing
Nancy
Dec 07, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a good book how ever I do wish the author had done more to make it more interesting. I look forward to reading more of this author's work. ...more
John S Roth
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Stories!

Loved the stories! Great writing, exceptionally well developed characters and very interesting storylines make this book hard to put down! Definitely recommend!
Rita
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sandra Streeting
If you like paranormal creatures. If you like dangerous and mysterious situations to survive. Then this is the series for you.
I love Jack Spirelli. He's a quick witted guy who runs the Junk shop and Spirelli Paranormal Investigation company. He thinks he has a rat living in the shop, so in true Jack style, he puts down food for it - crab meat - and gives it an affectionate name; all of which tells us what type of guy he is.

He sends out the word, discreetly, that he is looking for an assistant f
Angie Hackett
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was mildly entertaining and certainly interesting enough to keep me reading. I like the characters, the plot was solid and I even liked the format this was laid out in (a serialization). I'm actually looking forward to more books in this series. I felt it was just different enough from other books in this genre that it kind of stands out. It was well written and I felt that was a certain depth to it that can often be lacking in other books of this style. World building is just enough to gai ...more
Emmy
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Supernatural detectives was a genre I had usually avoided. Along with shape shifters; although Marin taught me dragons aren't shape shifters. In a way I didn't feel any more stupid then Jack.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! Each of the three episodes were stand alone. A character or two made cameo appearances. References to a previous case were subtle and ingeniously explained.

I would completely recommend this book and I intend to read other books by this author.
Marcus
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review
This was a quick, humorous, delightful read about a paranormal investigative company that is comprised of a human and a dragon. The cases that they take, situations that they get involved in, and the creatures that they face make up the content of the book. The characters are well written,situations thought out, and the resolutions that they come up with are believable
Daniel
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Who is this guy?

Need to re-read the sleeve. Thought he was a magician/wizard/warlock. He did not do a single magical thing apart from talking about a warded shop, magic glasses and a ring that identified magic. On top of that he is a real ass hat. The “banter” turned into him being a self centered snarky ass after a while; did not like it. Liked Marin but wtf keeps her around? Not reading more to find out.
Mairi Krausse
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good magic episodes

This book is written as though magic is normal and almost expected. The character of a dragon is well done, and combines both human and dragon in one physical form. The characters are very real and well thought out. The series is so well written and believable that the series could go on for a long time.
Lesley
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great series. The two main characters Jack and Marin are so much fun and have a great relationship and the stories are so funny. I really like how long the stories are and that they tell the story, without a lot of extra unnecessary information. After the first story I was hooked and have been unable to put these books down. I highly recommend!
Kim Power
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun romp through paranormal mysteries

Jack and Mira are great, the book doesn't take itself too seriously, nobody gets hurt, but everyone has fun. The books are short. Three episodes was a decent read. They are well written and edited, apart from one jarring typo when 'more' was misspelled.
abbie normal
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New twist on paranormal detective novels

Love this book each episode is a new adventure. The characters are humorous the way they deal with each other there is a real love, hate, love relationship between the main characters. The only problem I have is I want to read more! Please keep them coming.
Jeni
This was exactly what it said it was. Easy to read / listen to (switched between both and I have to say the audio version is handy but I definitely preferred the book for this one. Not the best narrator I've listened to tbh.) and entertaining enough stories. Just what I was in the mood for. I enjoyed these. ...more
Frank L.
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Series of well written short stories involving non magical Jack and his lady (dragon) sidekick. Despite her being stronger, quicker and more adept at the game, she sticks with him. Can't wait for the relationship to develop. Easy reading and these stories would make a great TV series. I would definitely read her other work. ...more
Natasha du Plessis
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is a spin-off from The Lost library series by Kate Baray. It was nice to read what Jack does when he is not helping The Pack. I enjoyed the introduction of Marin and loved that there was a lot of magic involved in these books. Thoroughly enjoyed reading this series, looking forward to the next episodes.
David St. Lawrence
Unexpectedly entertaining!

I liked almost every bit of this series. The only Downer was Spinelli's chauvinistic attitude toward his assistant. The relationship between them improved by the end of the book and I can't wait to see what happens next especially what their new client is going to do.
jean mary jones
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Dragon?

This book was very different!!!!!!!!! I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading more. The story went along at a rattling pace, very interesting. Next please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.jmj
KIMBERLY C.
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny & engaging

I loved how the stories progressed,the interplay between the characters is great and am looking forward to more adventures. Some more background on Spirelli & the IPPC would good.
Jeanne Abbott
Paranormal stories

Not my favorite read. Problems built up and then are resolved without fuss. The antagonism between Jack and Marin was frustrating. I would have liked to learn more about Marins Dragon side.
Melinda Labuscagne
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked it a lot. Nice easy read. The relationship between Jack and Marin is complicated, sometimes not so friendly, sometimes nice. I like the dragon/human(whatever) interaction. I cannot wait to read 4-6
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Night Shift Witch (Vegan Vamp World Mystery)
  • A Date With Death (Conjuring a Coroner #0)
  • Magic and Mystery: Bundle Book 1 (Magic & Mystery #1-3)
  • The Client's Conundrum (Vegan Vamp, #2)
  • Broomsticks and Burials (Magic & Mystery #1)
  • Adventures of a Vegan Vamp (Vegan Vamp, #1)
  • The Elvis Enigma (Vegan Vamp #3)
  • Witch's Bell 1 (The Adventures of Ebony Bell, #1)
  • Witch Forgotten (Witches of Night Meadow #1)
  • The Amplifier Protocol (Amplifier #0)
  • The Halloween Haunting (Vegan Vamp, #5)
  • I See Me (Oracle #1)
  • The Nefarious Necklace (Vegan Vamp, #4)
  • Black Magic Kitten (Familiar Kitten Mysteries #1)
  • Witch for Hire (Witch for Hire #1)
  • Booking a Killer Vacation (Myrtle Beach Mystery Book 1)
  • Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper Trilogy (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1-3)
  • Legends of Tsalagee
Kate Baray writes paranormal and urban fantasy. She writes and lives in Austin, Texas with her pack of pointers and bloodhounds. Kate has worked as an attorney, a manager, a tractor sales person, and a dog trainer, but telling stories is the big winner. When she’s not writing, she sweeps up hairy dust bunnies and watches British mysteries.
Kate also writes sweet romance (The Goode Witch Matchmaker)

Spirelli Paranormal Investigations (7 books)
  • The Disappearing Client (Spirelli Paranormal Investigations, Episode #1)
  • The Forgotten Memories (Spirelli Paranormal Investigations, Episode #2)
  • The Fleeing Witch (Spirelli Paranormal Investigations, Episode #3)
  • Something Nasty in the Attic (Spirelli Paranormal Investigations, Episode #4)
  • The Geolocating Book (Spirelli Paranormal Investigations, Episode #5)
  • The Heartbeat in the House (Spirelli Paranormal Investigations, Episode #6)
  • Entombed (Spirelli Paranormal Investigations #7)