Start by marking “The Lady and the Mountain Call (Mountain Dreams, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Lady and the Mountain Call (Mountain Dreams, #5)

The Lady and the Mountain Call

(Mountain Dreams #5)

The wild Montana mountains are no place for an aging widow to live alone with dementia. And when Cathleen Donaghue discovers the poor woman’s condition, there’s no way she’ll walk away without helping. After all, she left her comfortable Boston home to help her brothers with their mining town medical practice because she wanted to make a difference. But the wild elements ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st, 299 pages
Published April 5th 2016 by Misty M. Beller Books, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Lady and the Mountain Call, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady and the Mountain Call

Start your review of The Lady and the Mountain Call (Mountain Dreams, #5)
Melissa
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is more like 3.5 stars, but I rounded up.
Sweet romance, with some adventure. A bit predictable, and the historical setting isn't really utilized to its full potential. But overall, it is a fast paced read that doesn't drag or bog down. The romance shines as the best part of this novel--it is heartwarming and realistic. This book is a standalone, but I did feel that I was missing just a little something not knowing anything about the characters that were likely featured in previous books in
Amy
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Lady and the Mountain Call is the fifth book of the Mountain Dreams series. This is my new favorite of the series. Great, sweet, and clean historical.
I look forward to more by this author in the future.
5 plus stars
Mary Read
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Lady and theMountain Call #5 by Misty M. Beller. Cathleen went up the mountain to take care of mum who had dementia. Her brother, Bryan, I think told her that she mum needed help. Her husband, Quinn wasn’t living anymore and the son was gone. Mum’s husband. She was an aging widow. Cathleen Donaghue was single and liked to help people. There was a lot of different things going on with mum with her because of the dementia. One day, the son came to visit because it wasn’t a good year for ...more
Timothy Hendricks
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Misty Beller is becoming one of my favorite authors. This is the last of this series that I am aware of and as good as all the previous volumes of this series were. This one was my favorite. I really liked all of the characters in this book; especially the main characters Reuben and Cathleen and of course Reuben's mother Reuben's Mother. My favorite line from the book is, "It's not the things that matter, it's the people." I like reading series like this one because all of the characters in the ...more
S Unknown
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful historical romance and the love of God

Misty Beller, your books are beautiful romances and so clearly full of God's provision and love. I am in awe of your ability to make each book a page turner showing the depth of love for Christ in their lives. I loved Cathleen and Reubens romance, his Mum included. I also love series romance and the fact that I as a reader can become invested with the lives of the characters you create. Thank you for wonderful hours of reading!

Alan T
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cathleen and Reuben

Cathleen Donaghue came to Butte City in Montana Terratory from Boston to help her doctor brother's wive's and young babies. She went 5 hours into the mountains to help widow Scott who is becoming senile and is currently alone. Her son, trapper Reuben comes to his parent's home in late winter to discover a strange young lady caring for his mother.

Excellent plotting and characterization.
kelli Myers
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vivid paint strokes

The author used great brushstrokes of the mountains beauty to guide the reader through the rugged lifestyle of a mountain man but also showed how God could use difficult situations to reveal Himself to that man. Cathleen was determined to do God's will and because of that, she could overcome her limitations. She portrayed each character as flawed but willing to learn. Great captivating story.
Gerry McConnell
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved It

It was a great story line that held my attention from start to finish. Loved the author and her insight into each of the characters. A family member is showing the signs of dementia. The condition is so devastating, makes the patient lose all dignity. I loved the way that the author handled this in this story. Great job.
Debbie
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very heartwarming.

Everything about the mountains come alive in this. You can see every detail as you read. The emotions are so clear. You keep reading and can't stop. I have felt so many of the emotions in each book of the series. Each with a struggle of some kind and a faith that gets them through.
Patricia
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a nice, clean, Christian romance and, despite the series' title, this is the only book in the series that had an actual mountain man as the leading male character. The author must have had a lot of first hand experience with dementia. It was certainly true to life and much how I remembered caring for my mother minus the snow and the mountain setting. ...more
Carol Greenwood
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very delightful story.

Cathleen is a very strong woman. She leaves Boston for Montana to help her two sisters-in-law with wee babies. Then one of her doctor brothers tells her of a sick patient up the mountain who needs a nurse. She accepts the challenge.
Gabi
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
The whole book serie is so cute, the plot the characters, the writer makes you want to go back in time and try to leave with all the difficulties of the timeframe the story is told, just to see if you could do it. I love it!
Georgianne
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series and sorry to see it end. Especially this last story.
Nana
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The majesty of the mountains sing.

Her love of caring for others, brings a challenge in the mountains. Can she take on the responsibility, with the son's help ?
Becky Bowen
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
really good, could not put down
Donna Ransdell
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I loved the Mountain Dreams Series, but I think this was my favorite of all. Caring, sweet, and yet adventurous!
Kelli
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A clean sweet romance with lovable characters.
Wendy
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books-i-read
BACK OF THE BOOK REVIEW
(taken from Amazon.com)
The wild Montana mountains are no place for an aging widow to live alone with dementia. And when Cathleen Donaghue discovers the poor woman's condition, there's no way she'll walk away without helping. After all, she left her comfortable Boston home to help her brothers with their mining town medical practice because she wanted to make a difference. But the wild elements she encounters on this mission of mercy are nothing like she expected,
Beverly McCall
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Misty M. Beller captured my attention with the Christian Historical Romance story with her talent in character development, spirited dialog, and her use of descriptive language that definitely paint vivid scenes that move to the plot line. I applaud Ms. Beller for the manner in which she compassionately portrays a family’s struggling with an aging, widowed mother with dementia. Dementia is not a theme that is typical in historical western romances and is dealt with tact and dignity.
Ms. Beller’s
Beth
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This Homeward Journey is the latest book in Misty Beller's series, Heart of the Mountain, and it is great! I personally haven't read the previous 4 books but this book is definitely great as a stand alone book. I never felt lost during this book, Misty Beller found a good balance that new readers didn't feel lost but not bogged down with details for those who have read the other books. This is one of the many reasons I enjoyed this book. Misty Beller's writing style really impressed me. I found ...more
Kirsi Johnson
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Clean Old Western Read

I enjoyed this installment in the Mountain Dreams Series. While you don't have to read these books in order, I do like how the main characters in the previous books stay somewhat involved in the story. I also enjoyed getting to know Cathleen a little better, the little sister of some of the previous books' main characters. Her and Rueben's story provided a fun escape. Two thumbs up!
Deborah Pate
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rueben's family

This book deals with a parent with dementia. Not only did Rueben deal with his fathers death, but also his mothers dementia. Misty not only explored the symptoms and behavior of dementia, but showed how the family deals with it. Both of my parents have Alzheimer's and dementia. Well done Misty!
Crystal Barnes
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Lady and the Mountain Call is another great edition to Misty Beller's Mountain Dreams series. She kept you eagerly turning pages to the end with lots of twists and turns brought on by mountain struggles and an unpredictable dementia patient. A great read and a definite recommend.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion. My thoughts are my own.
Penelope A May
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

I enjoyed this fifth book on the mountain. Misty Beller is a great writter. I feel I'm part of the time of 1890. I loveded all her characters. I loved reading Christian book that honor God.
Elizabeth Flanagan
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable

This was a very enjoyable story. I could truly believe and feel the characters. A little close to my heart right now as I am dealing with a family member with dementia.
Denise
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good Book

I have now read all of Ms. Keller books in this series but l think this was the best. I kinda hope she put one more book in the series.
Terri
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
A must read

I really like the mountain series. The characters are believable and it's easy to visualize the story. I will be looking for more from the author
c. l.
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great series.

I have so enjoyed every story in the series. It seems like I am never wanting the tale to end.
rob
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I absolutely loved love love love this whole book series. It was inspirational, reAl, touching, and all the above u
Nelda Williams
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Lady and the mountain call

Oh I loved this book could hardy put it done to tend to other duties , hope to read other good clean books like this !!
Goodreads Librari...: Need to update cover to match Amazon page 5 20 Feb 03, 2016 06:38PM

• Wagon Train Wedding (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #2)
  • Dakota Dawn (Dakota Plains, #1)
  • Dakota Destiny (Dakota Series Book 5)
  • Dakota December (Dakota Plains, #4)
  • Dakota Dusk (Dakota Plains, #3)
  • When You Are Near (Brookstone Brides, #1)
  • Wagon Train Christmas (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #4)
  • Wagon Train Baby (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #1)
  • A Love Rising from the Ashes
  • Christmas Bride: Frontier Brides (Glory, Montana Book 10)
  • Temporary Bride (Dakota Brides #1)
  • An Old-Fashioned Texas Christmas: 2-in-1 Holiday Novella Collection
  • Stormy Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #3)
  • The Rancher’s Bride Arrangement  (Brides of Inspiration #1)
  • Shane's Bride (Mail Order Brides of Texas, #3)
  • Glorious Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #4)
  • Dakota Dream (Dakota Plains, #2)
  • Lynn's Search: Book Four of the Evans Family Saga
Misty M. Beller writes romantic mountain stories, set on the 1800s frontier and woven with the truth of God’s love. For a limited time, you can get her bestselling novel, The Lady and the Mountain Man, FREE here: http://bit.ly/2gvrW1a

She was raised on a farm in South Carolina, so her Southern roots run deep. Growing up, her family was close, and they continue to keep that priority today. Her

Mountain Dreams (5 books)
  • The Lady and the Mountain Man  (Mountain Dreams, #1)
  • The Lady and the Mountain Doctor (Mountain Dreams, #2)
  • The Lady and the Mountain Fire (Mountain Dreams, #3)
  • The Lady and the Mountain Promise (Mountain Dreams, #4)