Jump to ratings and reviews

The Lies I've Told

Ralph E. Waldo is a liar, an exaggerator, and a teller of tall tales. He overly dramatizes the stories of his life to make himself the hero, the good guy, or the blameless.
Here, Ralph recounts his favorite ‘Lies I’ve Told’ throughout his life.
As he once told me, ‘If you tell a lie honest enough, most people will swallow it whole and ask for more’.

Charles Serio is a playwright living in London. This is his first novel.

SYNOPSIS:

Ralph E. Waldo is an incorrigible storyteller. Whenever presented with the opportunity, he will surely launch into one of his tall tales. He enjoys the limelight.
But in the age of the Internet, he has an unexpected problem. Those who listen to his stories can simply check the Internet for their accuracy.
Ralph laments this new challenge to storytellers.
‘The Internet ruined everything. Once upon a time a teller of tall tales or a yarn spinner like myself could simply say what they wanted and no one would be any the wiser. But not now. So these days a storyteller has to be extra careful.’

In THE LIES I’VE TOLD, ‘Ralphy’ Waldo shares the most popular and most repeated stories of his life.
He tells tales of the bizarre happenings of his childhood. He relates how he found his true love and its shocking, tragic conclusion. There are tales of alien abduction, human trafficking, murder, and more.
Ralphy recounts his heroic, globetrotting adventures and the dangers he faced and overcame. He lays claim to tales of supernatural weirdness and the uncanny.
Discover too why he has risked committing them to paper and to the scrutiny of the ‘Internet Snoops’, as he calls them.

As Ralphy says, ‘These are ‘The Lies I’ve Told’ most often in my life. If you tell a lie honest enough, most people will swallow it whole and ask for more.’

320 pages, Paperback

First published December 11, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Charles Serio

8 books1 follower
ABOUT CHARLES SERIO:

Charles Serio is artistic director for Serio Ensemble. The Ensemble focuses on new writing. Six of his plays that have been produced and performed are in the British Library. He is a former finalist in the London Writers’ Competition-poetry division.
He is a former prize winner of the British New Plays Competition.
He is a previous winner of an Emmy award for his script writing on the CBS television series, In Our Lives.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
4 (80%)
4 stars
1 (20%)
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
0 (0%)
No one has reviewed this book yet.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.