Start by marking “My DisOrganised Life (Romantic Comedy)” as Want to Read:
My DisOrganised Life (Romantic Comedy)

My DisOrganised Life (Romantic Comedy)

A viral video of drunkenness and vomiting over a policeman is the stuff of nightmares, and so is living back home with your religious, nutty parents. Fed up with life not going her way and turning quietly insane, Eve Poots comes up with a plan. Well more of a list of “things to do while I’m still twenty-something”.
Six months later, and the list is working its power: she is
Published January 28th 2016 by So Vain Books

To ask other readers questions about My DisOrganised Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My DisOrganised Life

Kris
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sent-for-review
This book was just what I needed at the moment. It was funny and out of control. I love when authors don't censor their writing and are just them. I highly recommend if you are looking for a good laugh.

ARC REVIEW
Claire Wilson
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and not just because I'm a lover of to-do lists. I managed to devour it in just 2 days. This is a contemporary romance novel with humor. Twenty something Eva Poots is trying to change her life with the structure of copious amounts of lists. When a mistake at work is blamed on her, she has to talk her boyfriend of 6 months into proposing to keep her dream job.
Will look out for more titles from this author

I received this e-book via Netgalley.
Rachel Gilbey
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Light hearted, a bit zany and chaotic and definitely fun.

Eve is a huge fan of to-do-lists, in fact you should see the big list she has made of things she wants to do while in her twenties. She has grown up with religious parents, and finds all talk about sex incredibly awkward. She has a boyfriend, Adam, who seems perfect on paper, and is in a new job where people don't know about her video on youtube that accidentally went a bit viral!

For me the best things that happen in this book are while
Agi
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-releases, 2016

I am totally new to Nina Whyle and her books, "My DisOrganised Life" is my first book by this author I was immediately drawn to it by this eye - catching title and the synopsis - there is nothing that can encourage me more to reading the book as the blurb stating that it is about making lists - probably because I personally have never made a list in my life and I am just fascinated with people who do them and who stick to them. And our main character, Eve Poots, is a little on the OCD side with
DJ Sakata
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

“She said the Tequila would help me relax into a more laid-back Mexican version of myself. It didn't. What it actually did was make me a crazy and felonious Mexican version of myself.”

“He smiles, showing a perfect row of white teeth. I don't think I've ever met an American who hasn't got lovely teeth, but so do sharks. Well, they have a lot of teeth anyway.”

“I just want to get this over with as quickly as possible, then for someone to put me in a sanatorium with a se
Gaele
I enjoy my Brit chicklit – and this was no exception. Eve is back at home living with her rather religiously fanatical parents. If you look at her lists: her life is pretty well on track: fiancé Adam, a new job in television and a therapist and friends who really seem to understand her. But why are things so unbalanced?

Let’s start with Eve – she’s very young and her lists often serve to hold her back. And she’s got no filters – she thinks it, she says it more often than not. Excerpt to those sh
Els
Jan 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Nooit eerder las ik een boek van deze auteur, maar toen ik de cover zag, dacht ik : deze wil ik. Hij oogt aantrekkelijk, grappig en het was al duidelijk dat er een happy ending zat aan te komen, want wie zijn leven op orde krijgt, heeft heel wat bereikt.
Ook de titel deed me lachen.

I have never read a book from this author before, but when I saw the cover, I thought it was a must have. It was attactive, fun and showed that there would be a happy ending because when you go from a disorganised to a
Alison
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
The cover of this book is so enticing .. brightly coloured & sums up the way I feel a lot of the time. I really enjoyed the story of Eve .. she is slightly OCD about her lists, on paper it seems her life is going according to plan but in reality there are so many hurdles, mostly self inflicted that she needs to climb.

She comes from a crazy family, has some loyal friends, annoying work colleagues & debatable taste in men until she realises in order to improve her life she has to take cont
Sally Coles
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Whatever Eve does it seems to go wrong, and there is always someone to film it and put it on You Tube! So she is back living with her mad religious parents and realises she must do something about her life and so she makes a list of things to work towards.

Six months later the list seems to be working - she is living with Adam a doctor, she has a job in media and life seems to be on the up - that is until she gets involved with a reality show and is more or less forced into taking part. The probl
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fun Book!
This is a fun book by Nina Whyle. Eve Poots has a plan for everything and love to make lists. She is trying to change her life with lists until it all starts to crumble. If you are looking for a great book with humor then you need to read this book. This is the first book that I have read by this author, and I am looking forward to reading more.
A Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review.
Kirsty Hutchison
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was sent a copy My DisOrganised Life to read and review which I was excited about as the title sparked my interest. I have to admit though, when I started reading it I was a tad worried as it's based around the ditsy Eve Poots, fresh out of uni and in her early 20s. Yes I can relate to being ditsy (very much so actually) but it's been a while since I've left uni and aged 20 or so.

However a few pages in I completely forgot my doubts as I was laughing out loud at the comedy situations Eve finds
Marica (The Book Chick)
You can read more of my reviews at my blog The Book Chick.

I'm not much of a chick lit person, never really been actually. It is probably the one genres I read the least of. But when I do, I do prefer to read British chick lit's. It is something special with it. I do not know if it is the language, the wording or what it is. But when stuff happens, it just makes it so much funnier. I was contacted by one of the authors and they gave me the book for free against an honest review. And even though
Rae Colley
Jun 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
If you love British chick lit and you’re looking for a fun, poolside read, then this is the book for you. Fortunately for me, I love both pools and Sophie Kinsella, so I found much to enjoy in this novel.

Eve Poots is a slightly scatterbrained twenty-something who works on the television crew of a reality TV show. The premise that Eve’s life has been upended by a viral video of her drunken exploits rings all-too-true in this age of ubiquitous social media. Ditto to her finding romance on the set
Gayathri
Originally written for Musings Over Nothing

The whole book is written from a single point of view, Eve's and seems like a long monologue. The writing is crisp and witty, at most places, making the read interesting, even if the scenes are somewhat cliched. There are many funny instances in the book, especially her talk with Gudrun and the very many tongue in cheek sexual innuendos. I like the prude, list making, in-the-closet-atheist Eve, even when there were times when I cringed at her 'innocent'
Sophie Childs
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was provided with a copy of this by So Vain Books in exchange for an honest review.

Let me start with the stuff I didn't like: Brian. One of Eve's bosses, he seems to delight in causing trouble for her and while nightmare bosses can be a great plot device, the one thing that was neglected was why he was behaving like this. To be honest, I was half expecting him to get together with Eve in the end or at least declare his undying love, his bad behaviour caused by an attraction to her. As it is, h
Sophie Childs
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it

Kirsty Hoggons
Mar 20, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

When I read this book I was also going through a very tough time in my life so I felt as thought I could relate to the main character a lot. I though that the book was very slow to start but the minute I felt myself relating to her it started picking up. The relatable-ness didn't last long though unfortunately which then made it hard for me to get back into the story.. There were a few spelling mistakes which was a bit disappoi
abby
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, romance
For the most part, this book is entertaining fluff. If you've read chick lit before, you can probably guess where the plot is going, but heck if I wasn't willing to go along for the ride.

Where My DisOrganised Life lost me was in the uneven writing. At times, particularly in the beginning and end of the book, the pacing was frantic and the narrator, Eve, bounced around like a pinball. And while I don't mind some campy fun, there were elements of this book that were eye-rollingly cliche.

Liz
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun read..... a great book to read at the end of a stressful day. Eve is a crazy, fun mess so she starts making lists to get her life back in order. I am a list maker too so I loved this part of the story. I can't wait to see where she & Jake take their relationship. I hope there will be more stories with Eve.

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Chantel DaCosta
I truly enjoyed this book. Thanks NetGalley and So Vain Books for granting me access.

This is fun chicklit story with Eve Poots obsessive list maker, trying to take control and live life to the fullest after rough and publicly humiliating breakups. There is lots of humour and all round funny moments, the writing duo that makes up Nina Whyle did a fantastic job.
Zee Monodee
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Fun and fluffy book, but somehow, it didn't ring with me. I can't, even now, recall anything much about this story which says how interesting it really was of a read for me. Rather bland and nothing really stand out, to be honest.
poppy
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
A really fun read i really enjoyed this and had fun reading it cannot wait to read more by this author recommended its ace
Miriam Meza
Feb 08, 2016
Sophia
Jul 06, 2016
clare miller
rated it did not like it
May 27, 2016
Priyanka Sharma
May 06, 2018
Donna Marie
Nov 26, 2016
Best friends in real life Nina and Clare began writing together in 2011. They write under the pseudonym Nina Whyle.

We write contemporary romantic fiction and our fourth book MY DISORGANISED LIFE has been published by So Vain Books'. We self-published our first three books and learnt the hard way that we should NEVER proofread our own work. All books have been proofread by a professional. MOVING UP