Start by marking “Inheritance (The Cemetery Girl Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Inheritance (The Cemetery Girl Trilogy, #2)

Inheritance

(The Cemetery Girl Trilogy #2)

She calls herself Calexa Rose Dunhill. She has been living—hiding out—in Dunhill Cemetery ever since someone left her there to die. She has no idea who wants her dead or why, but she isn't about to wait around for her would-be killer to finish the job.

Despite her self-imposed isolation, Calexa’s ability to see spirits—and the memories she receives from them—guarantees sh
Published October 15th 2015 by Jo Fletcher Books (first published October 6th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Inheritance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inheritance

Otherwyrld
May 02, 2016 rated it liked it
This volume wasn't nearly as compelling as the first, mostly because it seemed to be retreading the same ground, only just more of it. Calexa witnesses a murder, gets possessed/inhabited by the spirit of the victim, feels compelled to solve the murder but nearly gets killed herself, the police arrive in the nick of time but are totally incompetent and fail to secure the scene or search the area. Rinse and repeat.

The mystery of who Calexa is and why she was left for dead also only inches forward
Jasper
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted at: http://thebookplank.blogspot.com/2015...

Last year Jo Fletcher Book released their first graphic novel, The Pretenders by Charlaine Harris and Christopher Golden. This first book was marketed as the new Buffy and in many ways it lived up to it's expectations there was also something new in it. The concept of a young girl featuring as a talksperson for ghosts to talk to their living friend and family. The Inheritance is the second book in the series and once again doesn't hes
Wilde Sky
A girl left for dead in a cemetery has the ability to communicate with ghosts and help them.

The basic idea was good, but in a couple of places the story seemed to jump (as if pages were missing from the book).
Nancy Kotkin
Story: 3 stars
Art: 4 stars

Full-color YA contemporary/supernatural graphic novel. This second installment of this trilogy reads very much like the first book, except that the person murdered is not a stranger this time. Art is above average and the story is interesting, especially if you like cemeteries, but the characterization is slight and the motive for the murder is pretty lame. At the end of this second book, the protagonist still has no idea who murdered her and left her for dead in the ce
Peacegal
It's certainly not the most intelligent thing I could be reading, and the plot was very similar to that of a TV murder mystery series, but the illustrations were well-done and the comic was easy to follow, even for someone who hadn't read the previous book in the series.
Stef
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I liked this better than the first one. I'm really interested in seeing where this story goes, especially since it doesn't appear to be wrapping up terribly soon.
Liz Hoffman
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm loving this series! The additional characters in book #2 added a little more drama. Good story, good art!
Kai Hunter
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grahic-novel, 2017
hmmm, Book One made me sad. Book Two made me mad. The art is still a little disappointing, but the story is good. The final book was just published on June 29th so I'm going to have to wait for the library to get it.
David Schwan
Fun quick read. Like most middle books in a trilogy this one is redirecting us from the first books story to the last books story. The woman Calaxa befriends in the first book is a central character in this one. The Cemetery hoodlums in the first book are also here and we learn more about them. Nice graphics.
Cloak88
(Review of the Graphic Audio: Audiobook adaptation)

Short but very good work. 3.5

No memories, no identity and no place to call home. That's where she starts: right in the middle of a cemetery, without a clue who she is or how she got there. Now in the second volume Calexa slowly regains her memory, and bit by bit makes new friends. But still the dead tug on 'The Ghost of dunhill Cemetery'.

That's all the premise I'm willing to give, far better to experience it for yourself. The story though not a
Hannah
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another so-so second book in a series. I liked the first one, but this one felt a bit unnecessary. Someone else dies, the main character loses some of the footing she's gained, and we learn who the bad guy is but she doesn't. I feel like she should have learned more in this one, especially since it's a trilogy. Too bad the third one isn't out yet. At least I'm making progress on my reading goals for this year!
B.M.B. Johnson
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good follow up. The mystery thickens
harlequin {Stephanie}
hmm. Still undecided.
Shandra
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too short! I want the next book now, darn it!
Jennifer Wadsworth
This review is for the GraphicAudio.net and graphic novel version. Originally posted at One Book Two. All opinions are my own.

For the second book in Charlaine Harris's and Christopher Golden's Cemetery Girl series, I paired the audio from GraphicAudio.net with the graphic novel itself for a unique experience.

I had such a great time listening to the first graphic novel in this series that I decided, for the second, I'd both listen to it AND view the graphic novel at the same time. I thought it wo
Kristin Lansdown
Kyrie
Calexa still doesn't know who she is, why someone tried to kill her and dumped her at the cemetery. She is starting to feel comfortable with the old lady across from the cemetery and the cemetery caretaker. Then there's another murder, and she's trying to solve it and stay alive.

(view spoiler)
Selena
Book Two of The Cemetery Girl Trilogy, Inheritance, hits the ground running and doesn't stop even at the end. Another murder sends Calexa scrambling once more into hiding, and until she finds out who did it, there will be no rest. Old friends return in this volume, and new ones are found.

It's a pretty quick read and definitely keeps you turning pages until the end. If you read and enjoyed the first volume, you won't be disappointed by this second entry in the series.
pdbkwm
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the first novel, but still just as fun. This one had a bit more mystery, but it still seems like we're at the same place regarding Calexa's overall story.

I am a bit bummed that our new ghost was brutally murdered. I liked her and it was a shame what happened.
Ashley
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tim Shepard
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! A fast paced exciting adventure. Definitely leads into the next book. Saddened by the loss of a character. At the same time it continues to build the storyline and keeps the reader's attention.
Libby
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The two volumes in this series are fun if you think a girl left for dead and dumped in a cemetery who then witnesses a murder in each book can be fun. The artwork is colorful and takes on odd angles making action scenes lively. Now I have to wait for Volume 3.
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: charlaine-harris
I’m loving the story line!
Kate
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Really enjoyed this one, although it was so long since I read the first volume that I forgot a lot. excited to see what Vol. 3 brings!
Nancy
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
looking forward to the ending, hoping the last one of the trilogy will come out soon!
Karen
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm looking this story. Enough that I'm struggling thru the format.
February Four
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it as a follow-up. I need that third book!
Lora
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I would have preferred to have discovered the main mystery...who is Cemetery Girl? Introducing another mystery just seems unnecessary.
Gerald Sessions
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She doesn't have many friends in this book she loses one and with the spirit of her friend solves a murder makes new friends and possible more enemies. Fantastic story great graphics
John
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit more two-dimensional than the first book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Zombies: A Field Guide to the Walking Dead
  • A Halloween Treat & Edward Gorey’s Ghosts
  • The Ghost Hunter: Chilling Tales of Real Life Hauntings
  • Jaybird
  • The Howling Ghost (Spooksville, #2)
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse, Volume 3: Executioner
  • The Victorian Book of the Dead
  • Return to Woodbury (The Walking Dead #8)
  • Cirque Du Freak The Lake of Souls, Vol. 10
  • The Shadow Out of Time
Charlaine Harris has been a published novelist for over thirty-five years. A native of the Mississippi Delta, she grew up in the middle of a cotton field. Charlaine lives in Texas now, and all of her children and grandchildren are within easy driving distance.

Though her early output consisted largely of ghost stories, by the time she hit college (Rhodes, in Memphis) Charlaine was writing poetry an

The Cemetery Girl Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Pretenders (The Cemetery Girl Trilogy, #1)
  • Haunted (The Cemetery Girl Trilogy, #3)