Start by marking “Taylor Maid” as Want to Read:

Taylor Maid

He'll marry the maid to get $50 million but a secret could queer the deal.

Taylor Fitzgerald needs a last-minute bride.

On the eve of his twenty-fifth birthday, the billionaire’s son discovers that despite being gay, he must marry a woman before midnight or lose a fifty-million-dollar inheritance. So he hightails it to Las Vegas… where he meets the beautiful maid Ally May.

Th
ebook, Dreamspun Desires #5, 218 pages
Published March 1st 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Taylor Maid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taylor Maid

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
I never thought I'd see the day that I would 1 heart some cracky fluff. Cracky fluff with an androgynous and crossdressing character no less!

This is a sad sad day indeed, so let's make this short.

I've never read anything by Tara Lain before and I find her writing style almost cacophonous. It's choppy with odd little asides randomly thrown in that are usually hokey and sometimes borderline offensive. Bottom line: we didn't suit.

The plot didn't make a whole lot of sense and what did was cheesy and
Shin Mon Thway
This is my first book in the Dreamspun Desires series and I have to say it was thoroughly delightful. 😊 What a promising series and what a sweet and fluffy read! Loved it! 😍

Taylor has been out and proud since he turned 18 and left home. Being a son of a billionaire and a very valuable member of the company, he has nothing to worry about in his life. Plus, he’s getting 50 million dollars as inheritance from his late grandfather as soon as he turns 25. But there is a stipulation in the will that
Susan
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Super sweet. Angst free (oh how I like those).

This was almost exactly like the old Harlequin novels I used to read. We have the arranged marriage trope, the fairytale like story, but with boys!

Taylor needs a wife, today. He found out he only gets his grandfather’s inheritance (50 million dollars!!) if he is married to a woman before he turns 25, which is tomorrow. That could be a bit of a problem since he’s gay. But he needs the money to build shelters for homeless kids (is this guy for real?),
DarienMoya
~MAID TO LOVE YOU~

I do believe this might be my fave book in the Dreamspun series so far. I found it cute as hell, and I love a man that dresses up just because he freaking can. This book had secret riches, a surprise dick, and two young dudes just falling in love. It was adorable!!

Taylor Fitzgerald is on the cusp of his 25th birthday and looking forward to it because he will inherit 50 million that his grandfather left him. What he didn’t expect was that his inheritance came with a little extr
Meags
3 Stars

This story was all things fun and frivolous, with a premise squarely located two clicks north of reality, floating around up there on an angst-free cloud of cheesy romance and fluffy goodness. I’m certainly not complaining!

The marriage of convenience trope was explored in a fresh and entertaining way here, with MC Taylor Fitzgerald suddenly realising that in order to receive his late Grandfather’s inheritance (of fifty-fricken-million) he must marry a woman before his twenty-fifth birthd
Tanu Gill
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ooooooo!! This was SUCH a sweet story. Even though, as Taylor said, the story was more conducive to be featured in a Hollywood movie, the exact same reason charmed me soooo much! I love, loove, lurved both Taylor and Ally!!<3

I'm definitely re-reading this fun-filled, saucy book sometime soon!!!
Jaime
4 Stars - Fake - to - Real Relationship trope
Taylor Fitzgerald, he is gay and proud. However, on the eve of his twenty-fifth birthday he learns that he must be married in order to inherit his Grandfathers estate. A love match with a wife. Well what is a gay man to do? Run to Vegas and attempt to marry an escort, that is Taylor's brilliant plan.. and it almost works.

Ally May - She is working as a maid in Vegas when she is propositioned by Taylor to be his wife, in name only - so he can inherit
Leaundra
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one. I thought Taylor and Ally were so sweet together. I love these type of stories, where they have to get married for some reason. I love this series from Dreamspinner.
Lorraine Lesar
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
****4.5stars****
Ok, I’m the first one to admit that the blurb does suggest that you may have to stretch your imagination a bit to find it believable, but we are talking Tara Lain here and trust me on this one, she used those magic fingers of hers to write a tailor made storyline for every m/m romance reader, I really liked it.

It was light and sexy fun. The secondary characters were all amazing in their own unique ways, adding substance and credibility to the storyline.

Money is the route of all e
Sandra
Another fabulous installment from the Dreamspun Desires series, and my first foray into the writings of Tara Lain.

On the day before his 25th birthday, Taylor Fitzgerald overhears his father during a phone call and figures out that his grandfather's will has a little clause that could cost him $50 million. Shocked and in disbelief, Taylor hops on a plane to Las Vegas to tie the required knot just in time.

Except the escort he hired to marry him is delayed, and Taylor is desperate. Enter the maid f
Lelyana
I'm in Tara Lain's vibes.
I'm enjoying this one more than I expected. Funny how author's can 'read' what's on your mind and you don't even know each other in real life.
I had this story in my head for a while, but, you know, I can't write (poor me).
So, when I read this, I really enjoyed the story. It was funny, fluffy and cheesy, with a little pinch at the end of the book (I've anticipated this from Tara, she's a ending torturer all the time).
Kinda story I enjoyed when I'm so relax and alone, at h
Aղցela W.
This was a short quick read that I liked. When Taylor Fitzgerald over hears his father talking about a clause in his grandfather's will that he has to be married to a woman in order to get his 50 million dollars he rushes to Las Vegas to get married before his 25th birthday. While there his plans fall through when he hears the maid singing he meets her and thinks that she is pretty but he can't figure out why he is so attracted to her. Ally May also has problems with her father so she is on the ...more
Joyfully Jay
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

I am not sure how long it has been since I have read such a sweet romance. Tara Lain’s latest novel, Taylor Maid, is one of the stories offered in the new Dreamspinner Desires line. While there may have been a few plot glitches here and there, one cannot deny that the combination of Ally and Taylor was romance gold and Tara Lain certainly knows how to deliver.

The undeniable chemistry between Ally and Taylor made this novel shine. Their moments together were sweet an
Nerea
Jun 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book is a LONG description of what beautiful, perfect and hot Ally is.
Sorry but I dont like to read again and again how shiny her hair is, how long her legs, how silky her skin is....

So boring for me.... Uff nope
Arch Bala
On the eve of his twenty-fifth birthday, Taylor Fitzgerald discovers that he must marry a woman before midnight or lose a fifty-million-dollar inheritance. Only problem is that he’s gay and who will he convinced to play as his last-minute bride?

Enter the beautiful maid, Ally May fromm Vegas. She’s the perfect candidate for Taylor’s plan but Ally is actually Alessandro Macias, son of a Brazilian hotel magnate who’s also on the run. With all these pretense, will they be able to make it work and re
Shelby P
Mar 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I liked this story; it wasn't great but it was nice. I was more intrigued with how Taylor and Ally would pull off their farce than the couple themselves. I did like that Taylor was so proud to be gay and I liked his "straight for you" and "bi for you" play on words.

I never felt vested in this couple and the sex didn't do anything for me but the story was pleasant enough and it was a quick read.
Tess
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it

Fresh m/m twist on an old trope. Fun and light read, although everything comes together just a little too easily.
Paula
Mar 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
This kind of shit really pisses me off! Authors, please, when you think about putting a character from another country in your books, do some research. Do not just throw the name of the said country on google e put whatever appears in your story. You see, I'm a brazilian girl. And I'm really sad to see this is a Tara Lain's book. Because i like her books a lot.
First of all there is the whole portuguese/spanish confusion, Macias is not a Brazilian name, nor Carlo. Alessandro is, I'll give you tha
Victoria  love books
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-mm
Overall book rating: 3.8 stars
Audio book: Narrator - John Solo 4 stars
Book Cover: 2 stars
MC1: Taylor Fitzgerald
MC2: Ally May aka Alessandro Macias

I loved the plot it was something different for me. The story was sweet and I fell in love with the MC's from the start.

Discovering a day before your 25th birthday and the day you will inherit your grandfathers will only to discover you must be married to a woman for it to pay out by you 25th birthday.

Dear old Taylor made a plan and ended up with a
FantasyLiving
3 Hearts

Taylor is turning Twenty-five and is about to inherit $50 million dollars from his grandfather’s estate, only to discover that he is require to have a love-match marriage to secure his fortune. He is four hours away from the day of his birthday, and the only place he can think of to find a bride and get married is at Vegas. Only his escort gets into a car accident on the way to the hotel, and his plan is foiled. Until Ally. Ally is a maid at the hotel, and she does weird things to his ga
Jane (PS)
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, scavhunt-rec
Whilst this story doesn't always make sense it was still a bit of light escapism that I thoroughly enjoyed. I loved the 'queen' aspect which wasn't over the top. The MCs are adorable together and we of course get our mandatory HEA.
Sara
I am in love with the Dreamspun Desires series. Seriously, each book I read from it tickles and tantalizes me in the best way and I simply swoon over the stories.

Taylor Maid was totes adorbs. As the blurb implies, Taylor is set to inherit a cool 50 million from his late grandfather on his twenty-fifth birthday but upon overhearing his father on the phone, he checks the fine print on the will and sees that he must have a love match marriage… to a woman… by his 25th birthday to get the money. In a
Cat
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Taylor is your stereotypical rich gay boy - his life is about having fun, being free, and enjoying the delectable men surrounding him. Unfortunately, his failure to read his grandfather’s will and his own father’s scheming have left him with less than 24 hours to get married or forfeit said inheritance. One caveat - it must be a love match.

Allesandro (Ally to the wide world) is on the run from his father who wants him to marry, settle down, and set up life working in dad’s hotel kingdom. Part of
Morgan  Skye
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, good-reads
Okay – put on your “suspend your disbelief glasses”- because this story is absolutely wonderful if absolutely unbelievable ☺

Taylor finds out at the very last second that in order to inherit $50 million he needs to be married before his 25th birthday – which is tomorrow!

He scrambles to find an answer, but when that answer ends up with a broken leg, he’s left to find a miracle. The miracle shows up in the form of the hotel maid who happens to need an escape from “her” father and marriage will do t
Sherry Bohrmueller
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
M/M romance, humor
5 stars

Taylor Maid is a very cute story, marrying the maid to inherit money. But boy did Taylor get a surprise! The characters in this book were perfectly described for this story. Loved the connection that Taylor and Ally had almost immediately upon meeting.

This book was fun and had me chuckling at points. The story wasn't rushed at all nor dragged out, it was just enough to give you a cute read. Both their dad's are a problem throughout the book but Taylor and All
Caz Malpas
3 SHORT AND SWEET STARS!

A quick angst free, cheesey, mood lifting read.
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

English review
The story is fast told, the blurb already says everything but the way Tara Lain is building her story is so funny and hilarious you are captured from the first page.

Taylor is a rich son and working with his father in a shared company. Named father let Taylor believe he is in need of a woman to marry - unfortunately before his 25ths birthdays. When Taylor is getting desperate and flies to Las Vegas he
Sylvie
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Spring Reading!

Taylor Made is the perfect book for light Springtime reading. It features a fake marriage that isn't so fake, a case of mistaken identity, and drag queens - lots and lots of drag queens! Taylor and Ally are characters you'll really want to root for, and it was so much fun seeing them get their much-deserved Happy Ever After!
Amy Aelleah
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I will admit that I almost gave this book a pass. Not only did it sound super cheesy, using these tropes, I could see it being very insulting and...bad. Just bad. Then I checked out the preview, read the excerpt and...well, it still sounded cheesy, but kind of a fun cheesy, so I bought it.

Instead of being as bad as I feared, this book is sweet and silly. Better than that, it is also aware. It's aware you can't use a crossdresser for a laugh anymore and have it be okay. Instead, we have interesti
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Solid three stars!
I walked into this one knowing it was lite, sweet, and fluffy. I was in the mood for fluffy. That and that alone is the reason I was able to read and enjoy this.
  • Until I Found You
  • Misinformation
  • Lab Rat's Love
  • Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • Moondrop
  • Busted (Wellington Guys #1)
  • Hazel Takes Over (Lyon Road Vets, #3)
  • Behind the Eight Ball (Fur, Fangs, and Felines, # 2)
  • My Name is Luka (More Than Friends, #7)
  • City Slicker at the Horny Goat Ranch
  • Einstein's Peep Show
  • The Festivus Miracle
  • Meant to Be (Bayou Boys, #1)
  • So Hot With Love
  • Slow Burn
  • Crossed Hearts (Hearts and Scars, #1)
  • Tutus and Tinsel (Half Moon Bay, #2.5)
  • The Working Elf Blues
Tara Lain never met a beautiful boy she didn’t love – at least on paper. A writer of erotic romance, mostly ménage and male/male, Tara loves all her characters, but especially her handsome heroes. A lifelong writer of serious non-fiction, Tara had the first novel she ever wrote accepted for publication in 2011. She’s now on book 45 and counting. After an exotic life of travel all over the world an ...more