Start by marking “Atlas of Animal Adventures: A collection of nature's most unmissable events, epic migrations and extraordinary behaviours” as Want to Read:

From the team behind the bestselling Atlas of Adventures, this journey of discovery takes you in large format through 31 of natures most unmissable animal events from between the two poles, including epic migrations, extraordinary behaviors, and Herculean habits. There are hundreds of things to spot and facts to learn.

Celebrate the incredible ways in which animals survive
Published September 9th 2016 by Wide Eyed Editions

Start your review of Atlas of Animal Adventures: A collection of nature's most unmissable events, epic migrations and extraordinary behaviours
Glenn
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My grandson just loves this book because it has colorful pictures and new facts about animals he is learning. The layout of the book is amazing and it is well written. A great addition to your library and the children can look at it anytime. The cover of the book is very inviting with animal pictures. I would recommend this book.

I was given this book from Quarto Knows for an honest review.
Alison
Colorful and informative, this book is full of interesting tidbits
LAWonder10
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The colorful illustrations by Lucy Lletherland are outstanding!
Beginning with a world map, this amazing book covers many animals from all over the world along with maps, trivia and other information. The last two pages of the adventures lists 58 animals for the individual(s) to look up and review again. There is a large index at the end of the book.
This would be ideal for Summer Reading Programs or classroom settings because of the size of the book.
There is a lot of useful information for YA and
Amy
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5. Its interesting, fun. But Im surprised it doesnt have spreads for ALL the animal adventures pictured on the country maps. We were looking forward to Painted Lady butterflies, etc, but there were no pages on those, though theyre on the country map of adventures. ...more
Jill
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful collection of information and anecdotes detailing how animals survive in the wild. The authors have done an excellent job selecting animals that will be of high interest to kids, or that will be once kids learn about them.

For example, while you might expect kids to want to know more about puffins or anacondas or the giant panda, after they read about the extraordinary behaviors of bowerbirds and leaf-cutter ants, they will be amazed and fascinated. (Bowerbirds are known for
Brittany
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brittany
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely beautiful. The illustrations are just out of this world. It's so engaging to look at. The oversized format is wonderful for this style of atlas book. I love the way the various climates, geography, and animals are presented. By no means is it an animal encyclopedia or the like but it is a really nice overview of the world and some of it's interesting creatures. It makes an excellent jumping off point for further study if a child wants to dive deeper. An A+ in my book.
Penny
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful, fantastic book portraying animals on all the continents. The illustrations and information are superb. I learned a lot reading it.
Rainey
I love this book. This is the type of book I would have flipped through over and over when I was a child.
Jennifer B.
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
It highlights some very interesting animals from around the world. Enough details to be engaging, but not too many to bore. Very nice illustrations, too!
Sandy
Im not sure exactly how I feel about myself after reading this childrens book but I do know that I loved this book and highly recommend it. While reading it, I was overwhelmed with all the information that the authors packed inside its pages. I felt smarter by the time I finished reading it and I know that there is no way I will be able to remember everything that I have read but I also felt a bit dumb because I thought to myself, wow. here I am a grown adult and I didnt know half the ...more
Armand
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway.

A great book that's beautifully illustrated and very educational. An excellent choice for anyone at any age with an interest in animals.
Jessica
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is wonderful. The illustrations are stylized and very detailed - with some fun added in, of course. The book covers the entire globe and even has a globe in each spread to help with orientation. Of the two book I purchased, I do feel this one is more of a "children's book," however, do not let that stop you. Highly recommended.
Judy
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is a very large book with beautiful illustrations. You can travel along seven continents learning about animals in each one. It covers migration paths and lots of behavioral information for scores of animals. A fun filled book for children of all ages. I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Jessica
Jayden Mahoney
Nov 21, 2017
Christyn
4/5 Stars

Atlas of Animal Adventures was another bright, colorfully illustrated book by the team that brought you Atlas of Adventures. It was part atlas, part animal adventures and part search and find. It was organized by continent (Africa, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, Australasia & Oceania, North America, Central and South America, and Antarctica). Each introductory/continent page has a summary of the Animal Adventures (a picture of the continent with pictures of the adventures + brief
Lyndi
Jun 08, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Atlas of Dinosaur Adventures: Step Into a Prehistoric World
  • Giant Pandas
  • Inside, Inside, Inside
  • Patrol Pals (Paw Patrol)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Dinosaur Bone
  • Pinkalicious: Fairy House
  • Paw Patrol Phonics Box Set (PAW Patrol)
  • A Sesame Street Christmas: Featuring Jim Henson's Sesame Street Muppets
  • Curious George Subway Train Adventure (CGTV Reader)
  • Poisonous Snakes
  • Curious George Goes Bowling (Curious George)
  • Y: The Last Man #1
  • The Brick Bible: The New Testament: A New Spin on the Story of Jesus
  • Elmo's Countdown to Christmas (Sesame Street)
  • The Tree That's Meant to Be
  • Elmo's First Book of Colors
  • Potty Time with Elmo (Sesame Street)
  • Monsters on Machines