Start by marking “The Very Fluffy Kitty, Papillon (Papillon, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Very Fluffy Kitty, Papillon (Papillon, #1)

The Very Fluffy Kitty, Papillon

(Papillon #1)

Papillon is a very fluffy kitty. So fluffy that he's lighter than air! His owner tries to weigh him down, but Papillon just wants to fly.

One particularly sunny day, he floats right out the window! Exploring the wide world is exhilarating, but it's also a little scary. Will his new friend, a bird, be able to help him find his way home?

Whimsical art and airy tex
Published September 6th 2016 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about The Very Fluffy Kitty, Papillon, please sign up.
Randi I tend to pronounce it in French which would be pa-pee-yawn.

Start your review of The Very Fluffy Kitty, Papillon (Papillon, #1)
Wendy Darling
Do you like fat, fluffy cats? THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU. <3
Karly
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so adorable. A kitty who is so fluffy he floats away? What more could you want? Beautiful illustrations and a sweet, simple storyline. Perfect for little ones...and definitely adults too. I’m so pleased to see Papillon is a series!
Rachel
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books, lis571
I'm obsessed with this book. I pick it up and giggle daily.
Abigail
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone Looking for Entertaining New Picture-Books Featuring Cats
An extremely fluffy kitten named Papillon, so fluffy that he is in perpetual danger of floating away, is a constant source of worry to his human in this sweet picture-book. Determined to ground him, Miss Tilly tries everything she can to weight Papillon down, but her efforts, which largely consist of dressing him in more and more outrageous outfits, do not please her feline friend. Then one day Papillon, intrigued by a little bird flying by, really does float off, getting lost in the process. Wi ...more
Garrett
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: story-time
What a nut, that Papillon! He's so fluffy he FLOATS!

A cute books perfect for story times.
Blanco Meyers
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
My good friend Win MacSqueegie picked this book out for me.
Like Papillon I am a gorgeous fluffy (not fat) cat.
I could totally relate to some of the scenarios - no clothes for me! I don't care if they are adorable. And a fretful mom who's just "slightly" clingy.
Very cute illustrations.
Danielle
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A fluffy cat in clothes and costumes to keep him from floating away—what fun!
Richale Cabauatan
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This story was so fluffy, my heart floated.
Sarah DiMento
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Soooo cute
Scottsdale Public Library
This fun fluffy cat, Papillon, is so fluffy that he floats! His owner, Miss Tilly, tried all sorts of ways to keep him on the earth: food, costumes, etc. Then Fluffy refused to wear outfits and Miss Tilly gave up! One day Fluffy saw a bird friend and floated out of his house and got lost! How would he find his way home? You and your young reader must read this book to find out! I highly recommend this book for your beginning readers for its simple words and whimsical story and illustrations! -Sa ...more
Ariel
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book made my heart melt in the best way.
Chance Lee
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-it
Gorgeous illustrations and a fluffy cat full of charm elevate a weird, but simple, story.
Mississippi Library Commission
Papillon is so very cute. He's so very, very fluffy. Kids will giggle at his antics and root for him on his adventures. This picture book is sure to appeal to animal lovers of all ages.
Livia Blackburne
The story is sweet, and the pictures made me die of cuteness. Who doesn't need pictures of a floating cat dressed in different outfits in their life?
Becky
First sentence: Papillon is a big kitty. He is not fat. Just very fluffy. I mean FLUFFY! He is lighter than air, which can get him into trouble.

Premise/plot: Papillon is one FLUFFY cat. Miss Tilly, his owner, worries that he might FLOAT away. She is always coming up with a new way to weigh this kitten down and keep him grounded. But. Papillon isn't always receptive to her ideas. Can Miss Tilly and Papillon come to agreement on the situation? Papillon may change his mind once he gets
Marj
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My husband and our very fluffy cat both enjoyed this immensely. We look forward to reading more about Papillon and his adventures.
Arminzerella
Gulsah
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So clever and charming. ( Papillon means butterfly in French )
Kathryn (Nine Pages)
Originally published on my blog, Nine Pages .

Papillion is a very fluffy kitty, so fluffy that he floats away if he isn’t wearing something to hold him down. He doesn’t like the outfits that his loving Miss Tilly makes for him though. One day when he is free of his clothes, he follows a bright red bird out of the window, past a bear’s cave, over swamps filled with crocodiles, till he gets all tangled up in vines. Everything is quite hazy and pastel, just light washes of watercolor, except
Jennifer Strong
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s, 2017
Papillon is so fluffy he floats! In order to keep him from floating away his owner, Miss Tilly, dresses him up (which he doesn't like) to weigh him down. After trying time and time again, Miss Tilly gives up the fight. Papillon has a blast floating around all day, until he floats right out the window (chasing a bird friend). Can Papillon get home? Will his new bird friend help him?

This adorable book about friendship has a fun little twist at the end that relates back to the beginnin
Laila (BigReadingLife)
Papillon is a very fluffy kitty - as in he floats away! The only thing that holds him down is wearing clothes. But have you tried to make a cat wear clothes? SUPER CUTE picture book. Can't wait to try this in story time.
Heidi
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book for myself! I adore fluffy kittys, and Papillon is just delightful. I am glad to see this is listed as #1, and I look forward to Papillon's further adventures!
Wanda
Aug 11, 2016 marked it as to-read
11 AUG 2016 - it's the cover -- I LOVE it! Available 6 SEP.
Ashley
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime-picks
Very fluffy indeed. If only we could all fly away on the breeze and then come back home. Gentle art lends to the gentle and curious feline and his accidental adventures.
Monica
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This fluffy kitty makes a friend.
paula
INSERT MULTIPLE HEART EMOJIS HERE.
Heather
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book makes my heart feel full of joy.
Jacki
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Papillon (cat named Papillon, not a dog who is a Papillon) is cute AF and the story is surreal/funny. Definite yes for storytime for preK.
Elaine
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bulletin-board
Amazing, adorable, absolutely awesome!
Marathon County Public Library
Papillon is so fluffy, he floats! Miss Tilly, his owner, worries that Papillon will float away. So, she tries to weigh him down with different foods, costumes, and hats. Papillon does not like to wear clothes (what cat does?) so this doesn't work. Miss Tilly leaves one day and Papillon follows his new friend, a red bird, out the window and into the world. Before he knows it, Papillon is lost. Will he make his way back home to Miss Tilly?

This board book was an absolute delight! The illustrations
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Max Attacks
  • Stack the Cats
  • Sparky!
  • Once Upon a Goat
  • Mae Among the Stars
  • There Are No Bears in This Bakery
  • One Big Pair of Underwear
  • I Hate My Cats (A Love Story): (Cat book for Kids, Picture Book about Pets)
  • Princess Puffybottom . . . and Darryl
  • Marigold Bakes a Cake
  • Hangry
  • Hats Are Not for Cats!
  • Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcakes
  • Cat Knit
  • Star Wars: Are You Scared, Darth Vader?
  • Grumpy Pants
  • Max the Brave
  • The Rabbit Listened

Papillon (2 books)
  • Papillon Goes to the Vet (Papillon, #2)