Start by marking “Beyond The Milky Way (The Galaxy Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Beyond The Milky Way (The Galaxy Series #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Beyond The Milky Way

(The Galaxy Series #1)

Are we alone?

Three astronauts go to space in search of a planet that probably has water—one of the basic elements for humanity to survive. Do they find it? What else do they find? They encounter something—something strange—beyond their wildest imaginations, and their mission-to-explore becomes a mission-to-survive.

They experience something that makes them question their
Published January 4th 2016 by Season Ball

To ask other readers questions about Beyond The Milky Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond The Milky Way

Start your review of Beyond The Milky Way (The Galaxy Series #1)
Dianne
Are We Alone?
Aithal's BEYOND THE MILKY WAY Giveaway Blitz

Click on Banner to Enter - INTL
It’s an age-old question, one that seems both improbable and incomprehensible! Are we alone in the universe? Aithal brings one answer to the table in an intriguing and creative way that feels both entirely possible and kind of a relief to know that aliens do not have to be hostile, but are they always honest?

The Earth is dying, mankind has taken and taken and survival is almost impossible. Where else to
Stacy
Jan 14, 2017 added it
Well, i probably should say a word or two about this. I am waiting to give my full thoughts on this book until i read #2, but it is taking me longer to get to that than i was anticipating. So i will pass judgement on both, as a whole, when i finish that, and star both as well then too. Until then, to sum up this book.... NASA has sent 3 people (2 astronauts and an expert on rare and extinct foliage) out into space, to a planet they believe similar to Earth, to explore the possibility of a human ...more
Montzalee Wittmann
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Beyond The Milky Way (The Galaxy Series #1) by Aithal is such a wonderful sci-fi book that once I started reading it I had to stay up during the night to finish it! I absolutely loved it! It is filled with such rich imagination that it was a true delight to read, I didn't want it to end! The plot was awesome with so many little twists and turns, surprises everywhere. The characters were totally unique in every way. I loved the world he created and the societies. The only problem I had was it ...more
Bam cooks the books ;-)
I have had a liking for good science fiction since reading Stranger in a Strange Land in high school. More recently I thoroughly enjoyed The Martian and Seveneves.

I received an ebook copy of this book from the author for an honest review. Thanks, Aithal! It was enjoyable and quite imaginative. The author is very concerned about prejudice, violence and global warming, as he should be with the new head of the EPA, who is a climate change denier.

To summarize the plot: A three-man crew blasts off
Jenny
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beyond The Milky Way book one in The Galaxy Series a new series by Aithal. Beyond The Milky Way is science fiction story about survival and the first contact of people living on other planets. Flight Commander Donald Stockton, Mission Pilot Terence Carter and Mission Specialist Kimberly Williams where three astronauts who went into outer space to find planets that have good drinking water. However, what they found was not what they expected. The Readers of Beyond, The Milky Way, will follow the ...more
Rebecca McNutt
Beyond the Milky Way is an upcoming book, a story that fans of The Martian will definitely want to add to their reading list. I finished reading it in two days, it was very gripping and interesting. "Could humans survive living on another planet?" has always been an interesting topic, one that has a lot of controversy, and in this exciting book, three people dare to find out. The trouble is that although their new-found planet has the elements humans need to survive, it doesn't necessarily have ...more
Peri June
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-challenge
I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi but I really enjoyed this book. I liked the whole concept of it and the imagination it took to conceive of it.
We've all wondered at one point or another if we're alone in the universe or if there are others somewhere out there. This book explores that idea and takes it to a whole new level.
But this book is so much more than a science fiction novel; woven throughout the story are issues that are relevant today like climate change, discrimination, and many others. It
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ebook of this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

I quite liked this book. It was interesting, mature, and relevant, which are the reasons I love sci-fi so much. Sci-fi is a genre which can allow authors comment on current and modern societal problems whilst keeping at a safe distance.

Many important themes were explored in this book such as discrimination, gun control, and global warming. Introducing aliens allows the author to give two sets of
Patricia Walker
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent, well written story set on an alien planet where human astronauts have crash landed. The characters, human and non human alike, are brilliantly portrayed and the interaction between them all is excellent. The readers imagination is captured and taken on a roller coaster adventure from very early on in the book and keeps the pages turning faster than realised right through to the end.

If you like a space/time travel adventure this is definitely the book for you!

I chose to
Jon Barber
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent read, great environmental message. Faded when it "got too sci fi."
Uma   ~Books.Bags.Burgers.
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arr, science-fiction
(I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.)

BLURB

Are we alone?

They experience something that makes them question their beliefs. All the things
Martha Sweeney
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aithal has done a great job presenting questions and possibilities with regards to our planet, our race, our galaxy and our universe. The subjects he presents are matters that I have been discussing with my husband and close friends for a number of years. Regardless where people are, there are challenges facing us - all of us. These challenges must be considered and decided upon where to move next, moving forward rather than backward. Focusing on what was and what is doesn't always allow us to ...more
Rikudou En
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Really did enjoy this book. It tells what is the most possible future of this planet we live in. Best character is Don, he can really think. He can argue to learn not to prove who is right. I recommend this book to everyone. Even if you do not pay attention to the characters (who by the way are awesome), then pay attention to their environment., there is something to learn.
Devika Fernando
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s been a long time since I last read a science-fiction novel, so I welcomed the opportunity to dive into the ARC of “Beyond the Milky Way” by Aithal. And the book certainly didn’t disappoint me.

The story starts with a bang – almost literally – and keeps up the thrilling pace. I didn’t find a single page boring or superfluous, and that isn’t the case about all sci-fi books out there. What I liked straight away is that we know a bit more about what is going on than the protagonists, and that
When this book was offered to me I was really excited having read Aithal's other amazing book India Was One, I knew the writing and story would be fantastic. This book is available today and if you are a fan of the Martian I think this book will give you a lot of pleasure as well.

When I read the summary, my first thought was hmmm I am not sure how that will deliver. Well I can tell you that the story will have you questioning many things, beliefs, existence, can we survive on another planet?
Puja Kshirsagar
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Introduction:
As always, firstly I would like to thank the author for giving us an opportunity to read and review this unique book. Since I am not a sci-fi buff, I was a bit sceptical before accepting this book. However, I finally decided to go for it and it came as a surprise for me. ‘Beyond The Milky Way’ is a very different book with an interesting plotline.

Writing style:
Since the book is a science fiction, I had expected it to be complicated with jargon words and difficult-to-understand
Shaikha
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
First of all I'd like to thank the author for providing me with a copy.

Beyond the Milky Way is the story of three astronauts and their search for life on another planet in the galaxy. Their space shuttle crashes mid way so they accidentally go through a portal and are forced to eject themselves and land up on a planet in a different galaxy which is similar to our planet Earth.

The subject of aliens, parallel universe and another earth really do interest me, a lot. But I found this book pretty
Grady
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
“We have to find a way to prolong our existence.’

Upon the publishing of his first book in 2011 - INDIA WAS ONE - the author simply used the name ‘An Indian’ and this reader stated the following: An Indian is the author of this short book – no name is offered. He was born and raised in Mumbai, India, came to the US in 1989 to New York and currently resides in Los Angeles. His book contains illustration drawings by Darshini. Now we know is name is Aithal and BEYOND THE MILKY WAY and was published
Mkittysamom
Ronald
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Beyond the Milky Way” is a book by a new author who has a good future ahead of him as a Sci-Fi writer. The book was self-published. But, unlike a few self-published books I’ve recently read, Aithal did a good job editing “Beyond the Milky Way”. There were a few areas in the eBook version where phrases were repeated. But, this was a minor distraction when compared to the misspellings and lack of capitalization that I see in other self-published books.

As a criticism of the author, I think that
On My Kindle BR
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: onmykindlebr
Earth is dying; leeched of its natural resources and overwhelmed by pollution, it is becoming uninhabitable to human life at an alarming rate. With Congress planning to cut NASA's budget, NASA makes one last effort to demonstrate that space exploration is necessary to the survival of the human race by sending a shuttle to explore a planet that appears to be habitable.

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review

When the shuttle encounters an anomaly in space, the crew finds
Megha Chakraborty
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well it's a science fiction, with lots of twists and turns. Personally I found this book very intriguing. It was hard to stop. The story begins with a space expedition with three astronauts to find life on some other planet as earth's resources are slowly depleting. Meanwhile due to a ongoing sopqr flare they enter a different galaxy. They have kept the concept of aliens very different from the general. This book offers you a lot. It's thought provoking and the language is very straightforward. ...more
Vicki
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: syfy, arc-books
I liked this book. I do not generally read SyFy so when I started reading it I almost didn't finish because it started out slow because of the technical parts but I kept going and really got involved with the characters and the whole outer space idea. I don't want to say to much and give away all the good parts you will enjoy when you read it. It was an exciting and fun read and I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
A. White
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having read this author's work before I've come to expect writing that has a deeper meaning than on the surface. I like that in literature. It prompt one to ponder. I gathered the author is saying we humans do not need another planet, we need to take care of the one we already have for if we do not change, even shall we find another one we will mess that one up too.
Kayla
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on The Review Court
My Review
I found it hard to review this one. I was thinking about what I would say for days. There were things that really bothered me about this book. So much that my husband told me to just stop reading it. However, I got stuck at the doctor for hours one day, and ended up reading half the book.

I haven’t reviewed a book in this style in a long time, but I felt it was necessary for this book.
Plot: 4 stars
Let me talk about the plot first.
Lynda Dietz
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
I feel really bad for leaving two stars here, but my review will explain why this one dropped from three to two practically in an instant as I read. I don't like leaving negative reviews but I'm thorough and I'm honest about why I do.

The author asked me to review this book, and I agreed with a little hesitance—the glowing four- and five-star ratings on GR and Amazon were in complete opposition to the one- and two-star reviews which mentioned important (negative) issues. I’m sorry to say the
Cathy
Jan 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I should point out straightaway that this is a ‘to be continued’ book. Now, I’m really not too fond of books that don’t ‘end’. I don’t mind the hint of sequel, but I just don’t want to have to read another book to get to the conclusion. A personal bug, but if you like books in a series to stand lone, perhaps you'll want to know that this one doesn't!

That aside, the book was a rather compelling read: a sci-fi adventure but a story with social commentary. One that has you feeling a little
Boyko Ovcharov
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beyond the stereotypical thinking!

This book reviews our future as a global society and raises some uneasy questions about our self-awareness and psychological makeup, while exploring how far the limits of humanity could stretch overall, irrespective of time and space. Honestly, I was really intrigued by these concepts that are in a way quite cliched at the current stage of development, including the chasm between 'machines' and 'humans', or alien intellect and earthly one. By this I am not
Jack Anderson
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story begins as a fast paced journey into space. The description of the space odyssey is exciting with powerful elements of suspense. Throughout the book, there is an underlying theme that highlights the faults and merits of human civilization. Yet, there is enough action to keep the reader fully engaged in the story.
Aly
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has me thinking. It was an interesting book and it was good. I think anyone wanting something different to read should check this book out. * I received this book in exchange for an honest review*
EMPOWERING PERFEC...: Are we alone? 1 7 Jan 01, 2018 02:50PM

• India Was One

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

The Galaxy Series (3 books)
  • Return To Earth (The Galaxy Series #2)
  • Divided States of America (The Galaxy Series #3)