Start by marking “Unblemished (Unblemished #1)” as Want to Read:
Unblemished (Unblemished #1)

Unblemished

(Unblemished #1)

Published October 11th 2016 by Thomas Nelson/HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Unblemished, please sign up.
Olivia It's SUCH a good book! There is a romance but it is completely clean! HIGHLY recommend!

Start your review of Unblemished (Unblemished #1)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

I enjoyed the book for the most part but I was so confused with all of the people/things. You have the Soulless <--that's pretty obvious, Shields, Magnets, Physics, Callings, and there are many more. I couldn't keep up with them. And I don't remember what half of them do! I did love the shifters of course, I always love shifters. Some of them had some of these names too but I couldn't tell you who was who or what! My brain doesn't work that way!

**MILD SPOILERS**

So, Eliyana's mom dies or does sh
Sarah Elizabeth
(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to Thomas Nelson and NetGalley.)

This was a YA fantasy story featuring a girl with a distinguishing birthmark.

El was an okay character, although she was really self-conscious of her birthmark.

The storyline in this was about El finding out that more worlds existed other than the one she lived in, and finding out that he birthmark marked her out as special and that people were out to find her. I found this story really slow, and got quite c
Mary Weber
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Blurbing this book cuz Sara is a sweet writing genius. That is all you need know. ;)
Trina (Between Chapters)
To clarify, this is 3.5 stars. Solidly good!

The author Sara Ella is my friend so I received a free advanced copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for a review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

This is a YA urban fantasy with major fairy tale vibes, although it isn't a retelling. I think if you like the show Once Upon a Time you would really like Unblemished because they are similar in having other worlds where magic exists! The main theme here is Light vs.
Addy S.
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This.
Book.
Was.
Amazing.

I could hardly get myself out of Unblemished, to be honest. The book was easy to get into, especially since the book is in Eliyana Ember’s POV.
Speaking of Eliyana, what a character!!!

Overview:
-Violence: people dying, kidnapping, vivid fighting scenes, nearly drowning
-Blood/Gore: near-death experiences, vivid details of blood after getting an injury, someone being killed, and what they look like, broken bones
-Romance: several kisses, feelings, touching, but it’s all
m a r y l i z
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ummmmmmmmm. Why did I read this and why do I kind of want to read the next book?

Oh boy....this is going to be a fun review. If you hate rants, I suggest you leave straightaway, old chap.

Lovely Things:

Okay, so the funny thing is...I don't hate this book. Nevermind the two-star rating or the status updates of me screaming into the night, I actually enjoyed parts of this book. I enjoyed it a lot more than most two-star reads.

- The setting. YES. This was very cool! I looooove urban fantasy and f
Ashley Bogner
I've been interested in reading Unblemished for a while, so I was very excited when I got a copy for Christmas.

And....wow.

The plot was really unique! I've read a lot of fantasy books, and there were so many moments where I would stop and think, "Hmm. I have't seen that done before." Don't get me wrong, there were some typical YA cliches (particularly with the love triangle), but the premise itself was really interesting.

I also loved the writing style. Eliyana has a unique character voice, an
Leah Jay
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
NON SPOILER REVIEW

Brief Synopsis:

Unblemished is a Young Adult Romantic Fantasy book about a young girl named Eliyana, who has a beautifully hideous mark covering one side of her face.

Eliyana is heartbroken when her mother, an ambitious artist, passes away without warning. One night, El leaves her New York brownstone for a quick walk, and a hooded figure follows her to Starbucks. After that, things go from weird to otherworldly.

Review:

The writing was very well done. I had no problem moving along
R.J. Rodda
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, fantasy
Wow my brain got a workout with this book! What a complex plot. There is lots to love here: how birthmark she is ashamed of actually shows how special she is, that her goal is to rescue her mum, how the character of Ky unfolds, the importance placed on kissing, the interplay between El/Em and Ky and Joshua and the way information of the plot is revealed. I also really liked the name Kyaphus.

I didn't like all the (non-sexual) nudity.

There are some Christian concepts here that have influenced th
Tracey Dyck
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
I was worried this book wouldn't live up to the very hype-y hype I've been seeing all over the internet, but it was actually super fun and cute and engrossing!

WHAT I LIKED:

-The writing style, which was pretty enough to appease my writer side and invisible enough to keep my reader side turning pages
-The Once Upon a Time feel to it--I love, love, love fairytales. Bonus points for fairytales being integrated into the real world.
-A surprisingly twisty plot. I mean, that ending. Wow.
-After much thoug
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Eliyana has always recoiled from her own reflection in the mirror. But what if that were only one Reflection—one world? What if another world existed where her blemish could become her strength?
Shantelle
Oh my, Book Two please! ^_^

Unblemished by Sara Ella was complex tale with an intriguing cast of characters! In a modern-day setting, we meet Eliyana, a teenage girl with a strange birthmark on her face. She lives with her single mother in New York ... and couldn't imagine that there's another world beyond hers, and her history and destiny are intricately entwined within it.

I really enjoyed it! It's a sort of time-travel (realm-travel) speculative fiction, with a generous dash of fairy tale, wher
Maddie
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
It was really fun to read a book like this because it's been a while since I've read about a girl who's uninitiated to the fantasy world she lives in. If you liked 'The Mortal Instruments' and 'Once Upon a Time' then this is definitely for you. (Also, I was getting a lot of 'Twitches' vibes from this too, for anyone from the old school DCOM days!)

Fair warning: there's a lot of world building in this. So many terms to wrap your head around that are explained, but I'll definitely need a refresher
Zac
Jan 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
I need this book in my life. Like, now.

EDIT: HAAAAA IT HAS A COVER AND IT'S GLORIOUS. OCTOBER CAN'T GET HERE SOON ENOUGH.
Abigayle Claire
The beginning I wasn't so sure about. The last half was really neat and I think I finally understand it all. :P Good themes, lots of fairy tale and real life charm. Not my favorite writing style, but I got used to it. Eliyana wasn't my favorite at the beginning (but neither was Ky and geez look at me now). Joshua is so ... unpredictable and doublesided o.o In the end, this book is SO worth the read. Hopefully you'll connect to it quicker than I did--the only real reason it has 4 stars. The plot ...more
Rebekah
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book IS pretty unique and the world building is vibrant and fun. There were great things about this book that many people will like. It's fast paced busy which I like.

The world building was fun as it was contemporary but this story deals in Reflections or with parallel worlds. Not necessarily parallel PEOPLE but just worlds and these are called Reflections. It gets pretty complex which I appreciate big time, I enjoy a good unique world building and what makes this story so different. I like
Faith M:)
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 Stars. Mixed feelings...

Negatives:

There was some violence, but nothing terrible.

There is a party with alcohol at the beginning of the book, and a bunch of people are drunk.

Several mentions of people dressing immodestly. A few shapeshifting girls being completely naked in front of a bunch of people after they change out of their “animal form”.

I’m not a huge romance fan. A little bit is ok for me, but this romance was too much for my personal taste. The kissing was VERY descriptive, and I f
Storm
Jan 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2018-tbr
Oh my goodness I need this now!!!!!! Sara Ella is one of my favorite BookTubers and I cannot wait to read her debut novel! This book sounds absolutely amazing. ^-^ Hugs to her on her success in the publishing world! :)
Olivia
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read my updated review on my blog!
Emileigh Latham
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Briel
May 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, young-adult
Gabrielle
Holy cow, that was intense. I wasn't expecting Unblemished to be that good. I saw all the rave reviews on Goodreads, and felt skeptical. "Well, might as well give it a try, I suppose." I'm glad I did.

I'm normally not a fan of allegories--I suppose that only contributed to my skepticism. However, it was really well done here. Very subtle, and not in your face at all. I'm interested to see where the author takes it in following books. The entire story kept me riveted, and I couldn't wait to see wh
Abigail
Good golly, what did I just read?!? This book had left me with so many mixed emotions. I loved this book though that is one thing that I can pin point down.

Everything was so unique and unlike anything I have read before. This book especially towards the end had me flipping out and reading as fast as my brain could process words.

This book has one of the most complicated love triangles ever. However I think I have finally pieced everything together and it is all coming together now. May I just sa
Alyssa
About the Book

Eliyana is used to the shadows. With a hideous birthmark covering half her face, she just hopes to graduate high school unscathed. That is, until Joshua hops a fence and changes her perspective. No one, aside from her mother, has ever treated her as normal. Maybe even beautiful. Because of J
Hope Ortego
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
To see my review over Unblemished look no further :) https://youtu.be/ilaQNNXFAiw

To add to my video review, I will say that the reason I am team Ky is the fact that I didn't fully buy into Joshua being a love interest. They felt more like friends than anything. I didn't ever see or feel a romantic connection with them.

Maybe that will change through the series, but for now, that's where I stand. :)

I also suggests all readers to go and watch at least two video's of Sara Ella's on her book tube ch
Serethiel ☽ ✨
Oh, Unblemished. It seems so long since I've last been completely torn on how to rate a book.

Unblemished tells the story of Eliyana -- a high school senior with a ghastly birthmark that marks her face. She's never considered herself beautiful, and after her mother's death and recurring strange interactions with people she thought she new, her world comes crashing down... and she must be taken to another.

...Don't get me wrong: Unblemished was really good. Sara Ella seems a true wordsmith, and tho
Kara Swanson
Jan 23, 2017 added it
Shelves: fantasy
Unblemished was at once familiar and totally unique. The coming of age story following a teenage girl and her discovery of who she is--which happens to be a magical being from a mirror world--has been touched on in many different ways, but Sara Ella does it so flawlessly it feels new and refreshing. Each page like a cool breeze across your fingertips.

El was a relatable and likable character, who struggled to accept herself--and in particular, the mark she thought marred her beauty. The world she
Sarah Amelia
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-by-me, arc, ala2016
3 stars. This book surprised me. At first I will admit that I wasn't big on it. I had trouble connecting with the characters. Yet later once I took a break from it(which always helps me) I started enjoying it much more. Good ending! Can't wait to read the next book!
Kristin
Jun 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Unblemished, by Sara Ella, is the first in a series by the same name. Now first off I want to say that this cover is so gorgeous. I had to read this book because of the cover. Let me repeat myself here. THIS COVER IS GORGEOUS!

Unfortunately, I just couldn’t get into this book. I was rather surprised because I’d read such glowing reviews and I was so hyped up and thinking this book was going to be awesome-sauce. In fact, once I started struggling to finish—I had to go back to GoodReads to see if a
The Bookish Reader
Jun 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF at page 110

I TRIED! I tried to love it.

But the writing

And the characters names

And the dang plot

MY HEAD

I tried to push through but the writing was so hard to read. It all seemed jumbled together.

It feels like this whole plot was her first draft.
It was like she was just trying to get all her thoughts out, and so it MADE NO SENSE.

I didn't understand it at all. And the writing didn't help

And if u have read this please tell me I'm not alone, because I CANT REMEMBER ANY OF THE CHARACTERS NAMES T
YA Buddy Readers'...: Unblemished by Sara Ella -- Restarting September 23rd 2017 40 76 Aug 31, 2017 02:13AM
YA Debut Source: Unblemished Discussion 5 16 Jan 10, 2017 02:42PM
Coffee, Chapters ...: Unblemished 35 35 Oct 29, 2016 07:45PM

• The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
  • The Story Raider (The Weaver Trilogy, #2)
  • The Story Hunter (The Weaver Trilogy, #3)
  • The Girl Who Could See
  • A Time to Die (Out of Time, #1)
  • A Time to Speak (Out of Time, #2)
  • Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)
  • A Time to Rise (Out of Time, #3)
  • Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)
  • The Evaporation of Sofi Snow (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, #1)
  • Fawkes
  • To Best the Boys
  • Colliding Skies
  • Porch Swing Girl (Tradewinds, #1)
  • Anomaly (Anomaly, #1)
  • High Noon
  • High Society
Once upon a time, Sara Ella dreamed she would marry a prince and live in a Disney castle. Today, she spends her days throwing living room dance parties for her two princesses, raising her little prince to be a king, and conquering realms of her own imaginings. Oh, and her husband is definitely more swoon-worthy than any Prince Charming.

Sara’s UNBLEMISHED trilogy has received high praise and multip

Unblemished (3 books)
  • Unraveling (Unblemished, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Unblemished, #3)