Start by marking “Lioness in Blue” as Want to Read:
Lioness in Blue

Lioness in Blue

Adult romance. First Oboe Dan Cohen may be twice her age, but Second Oboe Lauren Stern isn't about to let that stand in her way. She's been fantasizing about the man beside her in the symphony, and this might just be the concert where she finally finds out what it's like to feel the scruff of his salt-and-pepper goatee against her skin. If people are going to make intrusiv ...more
Published March 16th 2016 by Torquere Press (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Lioness in Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lioness in Blue

skein
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Absolutely charming little work.

This isn't my main sort of read -- I read romances, sure, but I hang out in the section with brooding, hunky lords and the women who rightly mistrust them. This is ... happier. It's contemporary! There are modern fabrics! Suitcases! Cars and backseats of cars! And I still enjoyed it.

This is not the first of Glassman's books that I've read (although it's the first I've reviewed -- oh I am full of laziness and shame). It feels good to revisit. She has a casual way o
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars

I think Glassman's writing is great. I love the sexual agency of her heroines. We get that here and a nice meditation on age difference in romance.

I love the music here as well.

However, her stories always feel like a bit of a tease. Happy for Now and not a full blown love story.
Zina
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No one does cute and sexy stories like Shira

Lauren and Dan are a lovely couple and I adored this short but sweet story that gets them together.

What's wonderful is that both main characters feel like real people you could know in your day to day life. The intimacy that Shira laces their budding relationship with is absolutely beautiful and I couldn't get enough of this book!

If you like age differences in your couples, a cool heroine who takes life by the horns (and her man by the hair), and a sl
John Genest
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As a person unfamiliar with the world of concert oboists, I enjoyed the many insider details found in Shira Glassman's Lioness in Blue, and these were just some of the many rich and sumptuous descriptions to be found in this tale of first and second oboe venturing to make beautiful music together. Second oboe Lauren's interactions with her fellow musicians provide as much exposition as her own thoughts, and as a bear who appreciates older men myself, my focus in this story was on First Oboe Dan ...more
Chasia Lloyd
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fans of music puns in their romances need to grab Lioness in Blue ASAP.

This short, steamy tale of a 25-year-old bisexual oboe musician and a fellow oboist nearly twice her age is funny and sweet. Shira Glassman packs so much detail to these characters in so few words and paints an intimate picture of two Jewish oboists who have both lost someone they love to cancer.

Lauren and Dan both know their age-difference is going to keep people talking, going to give the wrong impression to outsiders. But
Shira Glassman
Mar 16, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Wanted to share Laya's amazing art of Lauren and Dan--

I hope you like their love story!
Shelby Eileen
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is so cute!!! I’d say it’s my second favourite work of Glassman’s after Knit One Girl Two. Adorable nerdy musicians w an age gap between them <333
Tori
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
Cute, short, and fun! Not as sexy as I was expecting from the description but I enjoyed it.
SmartBitches
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

While reading this short story, I vacillated wildly between appreciation for the lyrical and elegant descriptions of playing music, and bafflement at the overabundance of exclamation points and awkward and unrealistic dialogue.

What I liked: writing about music, especially playing music, is difficult. Using words to describe what you’re doing and what you’re hearing is not no easy feat. The small sections wherein Lauren explained how practicing made her f
Medeia Sharif
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a steamy short story featuring two musicians, Lauren and Dan, who have a lot in common despite their age difference. They both pop off the page with the author's descriptive writing. There's plenty of romance, personality, and humor contained in the length of this piece.
Sam
Maude Weiss
Feb 17, 2017
Kat Anderberg
Jan 10, 2019
Hart
This is a sweet erotic story about a friends-to-lovers relationship between a young bisexual woman and an older man. I didn't really like it, but it was mostly just not to my taste, and definitely not a bad read.

I appreciated Lauren's lust for life, but I didn't really like her sense of humor. Also, I would've preferred slightly more development and description of the love interest, although Lauren is very well-drawn.

Lauren is somewhat dominant in bed, which was refreshing to read about in m/f
Holly
rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2016
Ash
Apr 22, 2018
Shira Glassman is a bisexual Jewish violinist passionately inspired by German and French opera and Agatha Christie novels.

She lives in north central Florida, where the alligators are mostly harmless because they're too lazy to be bothered.

A note on my reviewing style: I read lots of books, but writing reviews is work and I only really do them to endorse books that I enjoyed enough to signal boost.