Start by marking “Falling for Home” as Want to Read:
Falling for Home

Falling for Home

(Angel's Lake #2)

Figuring out how to move forward means she has to go back.
Lucy Aarons never thought she’d tire of traveling the globe taking photographs but when she comes home to the small town of Angels Lake for a visit, she’s, surprisingly, not eager to leave.

Part of that might be due to the sexy, sweet Sheriff who lives next door to her parents.

Alex Whitman has only ever wanted three
Published February 9th 2016 by Penner Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Falling for Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for Home

Start your review of Falling for Home
"Avonna
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This contemporary romance had me reading all night long! Besides cheering on the two main characters as they work for their HEA, every secondary character in both families have issues that make your heart hurt for them as they come to light. You laugh, cry and want everything to work out for each and every one of them. This book is more than a simple love story, it is an emotional journey.

Lucy Aarons is a famous photographer, who travelled the world for the last 10 years, but comes home to stay
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
When Lucy Aarons returns to her hometown after years of traveling the world, she's not really sure what the future holds. The idea of planting roots is foreign to her, but the pull is strong. Especially after she becomes re-acquainted with the sexy sheriff—a childhood acquaintance with whom she builds a sweet friendship that quickly blossoms into something far deeper. Love is a pretty good reason for planting roots, but love is scary in and of itself—when leaving is all she’s ever known, can Luc ...more
Stacey spence
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this book right from the first page of the first chapter. The chemistry between Alex and Lucy draws you in and they have a fun and sexy connection going back to grade school. Alex and Lucy aren't the only great characters in this book, Lucy's family steal your heart too.

Fantastic read and I enjoyed every page of it. Highly recommended!!!
Heather andrews
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Alex is seriously sexy and knows how to set limits when it comes to his woman, “well, as long as no strings means that while we enjoy each other, no one else is enjoying you. Because then I’d have to shoot someone.” I really liked this book I loved Alex.
Cynthia
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First I want to say I have read a few of this author’s book and she has come far from the first one. I totally loved this story. It is full of such passion, power, and pain that it reaches in and grabs you from the first page. This is a sweet home town full of surprises that will break your heart. There is a lot going on in the story. Each family member seems to have issues that are pulling them in different directions. None know how to fix it or their family. This is a wonderful family who care ...more
Oana D. L.
Feb 17, 2016 rated it liked it

If you want to read something easy and sweet,then Falling for Home is the right choice. Why? Because this book was about finding true love ,and at the same time finding a good reason to belive in yourself ,when you think nobody else does.

Lucy Aarons's life is all about running from country to country trying to capture all the beautiful things with her camera,but one day the need to returne home is too much,and Lucy finds herself in Angel's Lake,her childhood home. But what if this time Lucy will
Nicole
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is my first novel by author Jody Holford and I can honestly say that it was a real treat. It had been sitting on my kindle for a while and I stumbled across it after finishing a dark romance. I needed my love of second chance romances with heroes and heroines learning from their mistakes to shake away the darkness. What I got here with ‘Falling For Home’ was a hidden gem in this genre. The writing is beautiful and the editing tight. There was a lovely flow to this story that swept me away. ...more
Cynthia
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brenda Dunne
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As an author, I find it very hard to read and review the work of a friend. Not because I don’t want to support them, but because I’m not a fan of sugar-coating things or being fake and gushy over something I’m not excited about. It’s also awfully hard to read books—any books—now that I’ve gone through the editing process dozens of times myself. And I know how incredibly frustrating, emotionally draining and labor-intensive it is to bring a book baby into the world.

But the truth is, I recognize
Carolyn's
Love, love love..

This story was wonderful on so many levels that connects the reader. First off, Lucy Aarons is the middle child of the beautiful Aaron sisters that are highly regarded in town. Lucy comes home from her global trotting job that she just so happens to have been fired from to help younger sister Kate with the remodeling and fundraising for the local teen/youth center. Everyone is harsh to Lucy on her history of quick in and out trips due to her renowned photography job that has lan
Romance Readers Retreat
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by Jody Holford and I really enjoyed it, I would definitely read more of her work in the future. Lucy and Alex's story is written in the third person but from dual perspectives this usually confuses me no end but the way Jody formatted it meant it felt easy to follow whichever character I was supposed to be connecting with at the time.

Lucy is a free spirit, she hates being tied down and always has one foot out the door. Growing up in Angels Lake she didn't hate
Jenn
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am so happy I got to read this novel! I fell in love with it from the very first chapter and then loved it all the way until the end!

Alex and Lucy stole my heart! I fell in love with them so hard!
Alex is such a great guy. He is sweet, kind and caring. To sum up, he is pretty much the perfect guy. Throughout the novel, you can tell how much he cares about his town, Lucy and the people closest to him.
Lucy has had so much to deal with in her life. She left home, practically right after high scho
Trudy Dowling
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Falling for Home is a sweet small town romance. Falling For Home is a book with many surprises. Falling Home is a story of coming home and finding yourself.
Lucy, photographer, has been running away from her family for years. They no longer expect her to stick around. When she shows up late at night they are shocked. No matter what she says or how she acts her parents and sisters expect her to leave.
Alex wasn't part of Lucy's high school crowd. That hasn't stopped him for loving her. He has s
Christy Hovland
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lucky
This story had many amazing qualities but in my opinion it was absolutely amazing, Lucy Aarons is the middle child she goes home from her amazing fantastic job that she apparently got fire from to help her sister Kate at remodeling the local youth center. Everyone has an opinion and are harsh towards Lucy on her history for her quick visits home.

With being home she is noticing what she is missing and its the closeness that her family has and is feeling like the odd person but it has never bother
Laurel
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Falling for home
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest and independent review.
From beginning to end I loved this book. Great characters, lots of romance, lots of love, great friendship, bit of suspense - what more do you need. I loved watching the Developing relationship between Alex and Lucy. There is friendship, warmth and love. All the perfect elements to a strong bond. It made me smile. Each member of Lucy's family has a secret or an issue but the over riding emotio
Danielle from Short and Sassy
3 stars
This was a cute read about Lucy Aarons, who has been away from home for years.She is now returning home and facing the differences that have occurred since she has been gone. Her family has changed. Things are different and confusing, but there is no better time to deal with it then now.

Lucy as gets reacquainted with her parent's next door neighbor, Sheriff Alex Whitman... He is looking for a real relationship, and is warned about Lucy's tendency to leave when things get rough.

This was
Tara
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
All of Jody Holford's books make me swoon, sigh, and smile ... and this one is no exception. Holford has a way of creating real characters, with real jobs, in real towns, but who have those fairytale romances everyone wants. Fairytales aren't always happy though, the characters just get through the hard parts together, and FALLING FOR HOME is a good example of that.
These characters, this town, this love story...you will fall for it. A happy, easy read you won't want to put down.
Liz
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Falling for Home is such a fun book to read. It has romance, drama, mystery, & it is written with such an easy style that it made me keep turning the next page instead of putting the book down to sleep.

I love how the book touched on so many areas of life.... family, love, career, & learning to accept who you are.

This was my first book to read by Jody Holford but I will be reading more.

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Kelly Akemann
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would give this one a 3-1/2 star rating. The characters were very real - people you knew and grew up with it felt. I liked how they were instantly connected due to their history growing up together. I also liked the conflict they felt amongst the townsfolk and their family in the quickness they became a couple and about Lucy's inability to stay in one place. I enjoyed the behind the scenes mystery of the person/people causing trouble for the law. It was a fun side story.
Lindsey
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, it was sweet and romantic. Good story line. A bit boring in spot but overall good. Romantic but not ronchy at all. No detailed scenes. Theauthor went dark for bedroom scenes. Which I appreciated. Clean romance but a Handful of f words. 3.5 stars
P Leslie
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book and I enjoyed reading it. Lucy returns to her hometown after several years and meets, Alex. Alex has liked Lucy since they were kids and still carries a torch for her. This book goes through lots of highs and lows but it's a beautiful book which you would want to read again and again.
Ruby Knight
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is the kind of book that makes you fall in love with falling in love. And for a girl like me, I needed that right now. It's funny how words can speak to your soul in a way you didn't expect- this story did that for me!! Love love love
Cole
Feb 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Falling For Home is a cute and easy read - Lucy and Alex were fun and sweet. It made for very quick reading and put a smile on your face for an afternoon.
Rhonda Brant
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This author is becoming one of my favorite authors, and so far I’m loving this series. Alex is the small hometown sheriff who is loved by everyone, but he’s held a secret crush for the famous photographer, Lucy Aaron’s, whose parents live next door to him. Lucy comes home to figure out her next steps in her career after getting fired, and that’s when the sparks start flying between Alex and Lucy. I really enjoyed these two characters, both having their secrets with their past, both needing somet ...more
Bette Stanek
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve just recently discovered Jody Holford and I’m glad I have. Her writing style is full of heart and quick wit. Her characters are engaging and you could imagine being friends with each and every one of them. While her stories are fun and lighthearted, there is always an underlying serious issue that is addressed within the lives of her characters. In this one, the heartbreak of discovering a child with Asperger’s is seen along with a parent suffering from agoraphobia which no one has the guts ...more
Latifa Morrisette
After years of traveling for photography, Lucy Aarons is finally home. With her sister opening a rec center for kids and finally settling down, Lucy never thought she'd do d love. As the Sheriff of Angel's Falls, he's had a lot on his plate. The one thing he didn't expect was falling for Lucy, the girl he's loved since high school. When family drama and vandalism come into the mix , there seems to be no end in sight. I liked this book because it doesn't revolve around the two characters but thei ...more
Julia
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I really liked Lucy and Alex together. The story was cute and slightly suspenseful and I love that the family aspect was something that Lucy was dealing with at the same time as falling when she wasn't prepared to.

I gave it three stars (good/like it) because it was a good book, but doesn't stand out as something especially different. The writing, while it was certainly better in the second half than the first, was a little basic.
Niki
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading about Lucy & Alex's happy ending, I am looking forward to reading more about them in future books in this series. This series is wonderful and how all the books relate to each other but can still be read as a standalone book. This is a second chance small romance between Lucy and Alex, Lucy has to learn to stop running and realize that her family loves her.

Michelle Mina scheiber
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jody Holford is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. With each book I read, I love her more. Alex and Lucy’s story is no exception. I love that her characters are every day people you can relate to. Alex and Lucy are charming and lovable and their story had me swooning and reaching for the tissues.

• Hideaway
  • Not Like the Movies (Waiting for Tom Hanks, #2)
  • On Ocean Boulevard
  • Walk Me Home (Silverlake Ranch #1)
  • A Reckless Note (Brilliance Trilogy #1)
  • Dandelion Wishes (A Harmony Valley Novel, #1)
  • Staying at Daisy's
  • One Perfect Year (A Harmony Valley Novel #4)
  • Season of Change (A Harmony Valley Novel, #3)
  • The Christmas Wish (Sunshine Valley #0.5)
  • The Somerset Girls
  • Summer Kisses (A Harmony Valley Novel, #2)
  • Begin Again (Stay #3.6)
  • Always the Last to Know
  • Anxious People
  • Falling Home
  • A Life Intercepted
  • Dog Crazy
a wife* a mom* a reader and a writer* a friend* a daughter* a teacher* a sister* a blogger and follower* a worrier and word twister* a gemini*

Angel's Lake (5 books)
  • Forever Christmas (Angel's Lake #1)
  • Falling for Kate (Angel's Lake #3)
  • Falling for Christmas (Angel's Lake #4)
  • Falling For Love (Angel's Lake #5)