Start by marking “A Heavenly Christmas (Heavenly Christmas #1)” as Want to Read:
A Heavenly Christmas (Heavenly Christmas #1)

A Heavenly Christmas

(A Heavenly Christmas #1)

A delightful Christmas story, the first in a new series by Patrice Wilton, NEW YORK TIMES best seller.
Jennie Braxton and her two small children are traveling to Philadelphia for Christmas with her family. Car trouble lands them in a magical town called Heaven, PA. Everything about this sweet place seems too good to be true, especially Nick Ryan, a local chef with a heart
Published December 30th 2015 by Dreamscape Press

To ask other readers questions about A Heavenly Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Heavenly Christmas

Start your review of A Heavenly Christmas (Heavenly Christmas #1)
Rabid Reader
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A feel good, warm romance with a splash of heat. A car accident in the town of Heavenly leads a grieving widow to find hope for a new life. This heartwarming story has great characters that you can’t help but fall in love with. Nick is not only the chef at one of the best restaurants in town but he is an all-round nice guy, whose heart becomes unexpectedly captured by Jennie and her two beautiful daughters. The narrator, Rita Page, did an excellent job of all the different characters voices and ...more
~ Rose ~ ☯Desert Rose❀
*Be sure to check out my blog post for this book, including an interview with the audiobook narrator, and a limited time giveaway! Check it out here!

My Review
4 1/2 Roses

Sweet, with only a little bit of heat.

I'm quite a sucker for sweet romances, and this one is definitely full of sugar. On the same level as Hallmark movies, which make the best stories to enjoy during the holiday season. Jennie and Nick are definitely a sweet couple, and their story is the quintessential true-love style romance.

Jennie, a widow with
C.E. Hart
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
A Heavenly Christmas, written by Patrice Wilton, is a charming holiday tale. If you stay glued to the Hallmark channel watching feel-good movies during the Christmas season (like I do) then you’ll enjoy this story.

This is the first book I’ve read by Patrice Wilton, and I look forward to reading and listening to Someone To Love, the second book in this series.

The story centers on Jennie Braxton, a widow of one year, and mother of two young girls. She gets in an accident while traveling to
Dawn Dorsey
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Heaven can be perceived or imagined in many forms, and in this story it presents itself to Jennie just when she needs it most, as a small town near Philadelphia, where she avoids a puppy in the snow but meets abruptly with a tree on her way to visit her family. Jennie is a grieving widow trying to make Christmas special for her small daughters, not quite a year after their father's tragic death in the navy, and her stress limit is almost as close as the tree now embedded in her car.

The friendly
Patty
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderfully uplifting listen this is. I love stories that give new life to people who need it. This story is a chance meeting of Jenny and Nick when Nick is saving a pup causing Jenny to hit a tree. This unfortunate encounter opens up a brand new world for the two of them. Jenny is still grieving over the unexpected death of her husband earlier in the year and is adjusting to her new life with her two daughters. When Nick comes into the picture, all of her hope and expectations change. ...more
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
A Heavenly Christmas (Heavenly Christmas Series Book 1)

The love story of Jennie and Nick. It Christmas time and Jennie and her two girls are going to her parents' home . they are in an accident in Heaven, Pa when Nick come to the rescue. OK story
Jessen Elizabeth
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
A feel good Christmas romance! I really enjoyed the story although it could have used an epilogue.
Mary Lou Hoffman
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, audiobook, series
A HEAVENLY CHRISTMAS is the first book in the series by the same name, but each is to stand on their own. Time will tell.

“You’re in heaven.” Heaven, Pennsylvania! This story is as magical as the Christmas season used as its setting and as peace-inspiring as the name of the town suggests.

I have to admit, with it being a Christmas romance, I was not expecting the heat level that was brought out. I love that the passion between Nick and Jennie built slowly, but make no mistake it burns hot and it
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A sweet and heartwarming romance filled with hope!

A Heavenly Christmas is the first story in a new series by Patrice Wilton. This story has a unique plot with characters that will become one of your friends and neighbor. This story captured my attention from the very beginning. Patrice Wilton did an outstanding job of writing a romance with a holiday spin that is sure to put you in the holiday spirit. It gives you all the good fuzzy feelings that one enjoys in a good romance. I know when I pick
Elaine
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jenny is on her way home with her girls to to spend Christmas with her parents, but ends up getting into a small car accident. not wanting to hit the little dog.... then she meets Nick a wonderful Guy from Heaven..
and they become friends and much much more but will they become more than just friends.. spending Christmas with the whole family can be a wonderful thing for everyone... this was the second book I've read by this author and I really enjoyed it I recommend it to everyone you should
Beatrice Followill
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
As sweet heartfelt romance , perfect for the holidays ! Jenny is a young windowed mother of two sweet girls on her way to see her family for Christmas, when a chance meeting with Nick occurs, a spark ignites between the two ,giving Jenny and her girls a second chance at love and family in a new town called Heaven.
Julie Gansler
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
There is a Heaven on Earth

A wonderful romantic storyline set during the time of the season that makes you want to believe in "Happy Ever after" .
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was downloaded on a whim from BookBub and was free. In an effort to try to feel remotely interested in Christmas, this is one of many festive novels I have read this past week. This is definitely one of the best.

I was a little concerned during the first scene because I thought this might have been a paranormal novel. My confusion was quickly sorted out as the plot unfolded and I understood more. Apart from that little hiccup, the narrative drew me in one hundred percent.

The protagonists are
Marilyn
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

the story is where a young mother and her two daughters who lost the husband and farther find a Christmas season
Laura Wollam
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heavenly, indeed

Great feel good Christmas story. This second chance story brings a genuine warm, happy feeling to the reader's heart. It will even bring tears to your eyes and make you cry during some parts. Wonderfully written story!
Kim
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet, quick romance

This story is about an unexpected event changing 4 people's lives and bring 2 people together. It is a sweet romance and a quick read. Nice holiday story.

Darlene Halliwell
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Feel good story!

A Heavenly Christmas was a very heartwarming and tender story about second love. You'll fall in love with Nick. I bought Book 2 to see how everything turns out for Ally.
Jan Mcleod
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by Patrice Wilton, but looking forward to reading more.
This is a charming Christmas story about family, love and second chances.
Jennie's husband was tragically killed in a freak military accident; she has an auto accident in a town named Heaven and encounters Nick who may detour her plans if it is the Lord's will.
There is some sex in the last part of the book which can be skipped, but over all it is a good read.
Cindy
Heaven Can't Wait

This was a cute Christmas story about a widow and her daughters finding Heaven. No, they didn't die, they found Heaven, Pennsylvania and a gorgeous chef. Christmas magic was everywhere and I highly recommend this book.
Stacy
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This had a great storyline. I just prefer reading less language and don't care for sexual details. All the same, it was still a good book. ~~~~~~ Contains language and sex.
Cedelya A Shaffer
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pleasant read for Christmas time

I like stories of moving on. Thought this was a little too much of "should I, shouldn't I", but well written and easy to follow.
shanna
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love

This book is a perfect winter fairytale. I would highly recommend it, and not just at Christmas time, anytime if the year.
Sharon
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story

This was a great story. It was funny but had some sad times too. It ended too soon. Recommend this book.
Donna Scoggins
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
2nd Chances

Love can be wonderful the second time around if given a chance. Enjoyed this story that also included children and some dogs.
Leslie
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Delightful

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved the characters and found the plot to be delightful. I definitely recommend it!
Nancy Ku
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A HEAVENLY CHRISTMAS (Heavenly Christmas series Book 1) by Patrice Wilton ...This is the first book in a new series and I really loved it. Jennie is a widow with two small daughters ( her husband died in a military chopper accident a year ago).. This their first Christmas without him. She is travelling home to spend it with family and has a car accident in a town called Heaven. Nick is a chef and owns his own restaurant....he was chasing a stray puppy and feels he caused the accident. There are ...more
Janet Miller
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I've read by this author. I thought the story was well written and it held my interest. Although not long, the story gave plenty of information about each of the characters. It was a quick read and enjoyable. I will look for more from this author.
Judy Meierhofer
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Christmas

Always the favorite to I e of year for a good Christmas story and love. What a great love and ending can do for a family split wide open from death and how you are always hearing and moving forward.
Beverly
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love story

A really good Christmas love story. I just love this time of the year. Nicely written and the characters were real people. A story for everyone.
Beverly Williams
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

What a great story of loss and sooo much love. Can’t wait for the next book. Thanks for a wonderful story
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Mooseletoe
  • Her Secret Christmas Hero (Secrets of Cherry Lake, #6)
  • Because It's Christmas (Bayview Heights #2)
  • All I Want for Christmas (The McKinnon Brothers, #1; Christmas in New York, #3)
  • Wrapped Up In You (Mystic Island #1)
  • A Royal Christmas Gift (Happily Ever After #1)
  • The Doctor's Christmas Proposal (The Gallaghers of Montana #3)
  • Montana Secret Santa (Love at the Chocolate Shop, #3)
  • The Cop Who Stole Christmas (Tall, Hot & Texan, #2)
  • This Christmas (Christmas in New York #1; Holly Point, NY #1)
  • The Perfect Gift (Three Wise Men, #1)
  • Santa's Secret
  • Unwrapped (Beachwood Bay, #2.5)
  • A Cowgirl's Christmas (Carrigans of the Circle C, #5)
  • Christmas at the Castle (Ever After #3)
  • Montana Darling (Big Sky Mavericks, #3)
  • Christmas Nights (Diamond Creek, Alaska #6)
  • Christmas with You (Stewart Island, #4)
Patrice Wilton knew from the age of twelve that she wanted to write books that would take the reader to faraway places. As a voracious reader, she gobbled up books, and her imagination soared. She was born in Vancouver, Canada, and had a great need to see the world that she had read about.
Patrice became a flight attendant for seventeen years and traveled the world. At the age of forty she sat down

A Heavenly Christmas (3 books)
  • Someone To Love (A Heavenly Christmas #2)
  • Christmas Wish (HEAVENLY CHRISTMAS Book 3)
“As she passed Nick’s Bar & Bistro, she felt a moment’s longing, wishing she could stop for a reassuring hug that she knew would be fast in coming. But even more than his comfort, a few hours sleep was in order. She parked outside the Inn, dragged her large suitcase out of the trunk and wheeled it into the lobby. When she stepped up to the check-in counter, a young woman smiled. “Ms. Braxton. Geoff let us know you were on your way. We’ve given you a room on the second floor. Room 204. Just need your signature and a credit card.” “Thanks so much. Everyone in this town is so welcoming.” She forced a smile. “Never seen anything like it.” “My name is Helen Watson,” the young girl replied. “I’m from Nebraska, and I’ve been here for two years. The friendliness is genuine, and it doesn’t get old.” As Jennie’s mother had said, the Inn was small, but charming—English Tudor in style both inside and out. The lobby had a tartan carpet, four plaid high back chairs next to a hearth and fireplace. The walls were decorated with hunting scenes and floral gardens. A small bar was tucked away in the far corner of the” 0 likes