Start by marking “The Rise Of Memphis - January Chronicles, (The Rise of Memphis, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Rise Of Memphis - January Chronicles, (The Rise of Memphis, #1)

The Rise Of Memphis - January Chronicles,

(Rebel and a Saint #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  135 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
After three years of abstinence, Jane is ready for some serious bedroom action, but she has one problem—she doesn’t do casual encounters. So what does a good girl from the country do? She takes a risk that will change her life.She becomes her own naughty twin.

Plain Jane transforms into Madam Memphis and an old school friend is a willing participant in her secret tryst, as
ebook, 1, 92 pages
Published January 1st 2016 by Kitty Kendall

To ask other readers questions about The Rise Of Memphis - January Chronicles,, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rise Of Memphis - January Chronicles,

Coco.V
Nov 16, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (11/16/2017)!
Julie
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf-sucked
DNF...I started out thinking seems ok, but even though I found some things interesting it just starting being so repeatative and I tried to push on because i had alot of time invested but it was going nowhere. I surrendered.
Renee
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016, australian
Plain Jane is finally ready to reclaim her sexuality after keeping men at an arms length for years after a messy breakup. Jane doesn't do casual sex but isn't ready for a relationship either, so sex with a man at arms length seems like the perfect solution.

With the confidence obtained from an alter ego and a new man in her sights each week, Jane's encounters are far from plain.

This erotica novella is perfect for a quickie read or you could tease yourself a little reading a chapter at a time. I
Debbie Hanson
Rise Of Memphis
January chronicles
Kitty Kendall
3 stars
Plain Jane has gone rogue.

Rise of Memphis follows Jane Nichols, Night manager at Gold Coast’s Hot Horizon hotel hot little trysts with hotel guests. Sounds strange? well yes, that is what kind of sucked me in. As a reader from Brisbane, just north of the Gold Coast, I was curious to the author’s story of an area I know pretty well. Jane Nichols is Plain Jane, hotel manager that escaped her hometown and cheating ex fiancé for a new life on
Aղցela W.
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.
This was a pretty good book. Jane works as a manager at a hotel on the Gold Coast of Australia and three years after her ex cheated on her she is ready to take back her sex life, but Jane is a plain Jane so she creates and alter ego. Memphis is a seductress who goes after what she wants. The book is made up of five tales of Jane with each encounter Jane is growing more and more confident also each one was hotter and hotter. This was a rea
Tina
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ezchallenge2016
Plain Jane had a naughty alter ego Memphis. After 3 years and 1000 miles she is finally trying to put her cheating ex fiancé who slept with her best friend behind her. Jane uses Memphis to experience erotic acts with random strangers. This book is a series that will take us monthly through Jane/Memphis's adventures and I can not wait to see what she will do next!
Juliana Ignácio
This was the first book I read by Kitty Kendall and I really enjoyed the story. The reading is fast and the story is really hot!
Jane is tired of being Plain Jane, so she decides to take a turnaround in her life, with the help of her friend Lolly. And then they come up with Jane's challenge to meet one stranger per week for a year. And the setting for the meetings is the hotel where Jane works.
And what about those meetings, OMG, everyone is super hot! I especially liked Bill, the cowboy.
I recomm
Redcheeks64 ALFORD
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story! This will happen when you have been cheated on.She lost the feeling to be sexy and attractive.Love the twist and turns.If you are looking for a book that is sensual and sexy.This is the book for you.
Amanda Griffith
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super fun read!

Jane works the night shift in a swanky hotel. She feels she's just "Plain Jane," until a secret plan comes about. Jane dresses up in a super sexy getup and visits men in the hotel. These men help Jane is Memphis feel noir so plain.
C
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Discovery

This is a great start to the journey of one plain Jane with a need to discover herself for who she is and what she wants to be.
Renata Gill
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story had a little bit of every thing humour , suspense & hot sex!! I Would recommend it to everyone!!
Gea
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I didn’t know what to think. Then I was like: yeah go for it. And now? I’m hoping she finds love.
Hopefully it will be someone like Brent, who liked the real Jane, when they first met.
Emily Maynard
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, many thanks goes to Kitty Kendall, who provided all of these stories, both separately and together, in exchange for an honest review.

What is an alter ego? When you hear the phrase, what do you think of? Comic book heros? Jeckyll and Hyde? Beyonce and Sasha Fierce? What is an alter ego? It is simply yourself, turned up to 11.

The January Chronicles are the first five tales of Jane and the creation of her alter ego, the seductress known only as Memphis. Jane works as a manager at a hotel on
Babel
I couldn't imagine how good this was going to be! Why did I wait so long to read it? Oh, yeah, lack of time is a killer... but now I've devoured this introduction to what I believe will be an excellent series, and I'm unapologetically hooked.

The premise is bold and it pays off because it also tells a good story with a fleshed-out and relatable main character.

It deals with the awakening, both physical and mental, of a woman who's been deprived of inner freedom for too long. As a night manager at
Caroline
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy in return for an honest review.
This was an enjoyable novella, I spent an entertaining afternoon reading it. Yes this story has hot sexy bits but it also had a story that was easily followed, I felt I could relate to the main character, Jane.

Jane is a night shift manager in a beachfront hotel on the Gold Coast Australia. She has worked this job for 3 years after splitting with her cheating ex-fiance and moving from rural Australia to the city.

This story starts on New Years Day a
Roz ~ My Written Romance
Well, well, well! This is such a hot read, but far from being just about the sexytimes, The Rise of Memphis is a fantastically written, entertaining novella.

I loved watching Jane discover herself, find her power as a woman, and learn to embrace her sexuality. Her world has been filled to date with those who would try to bring her down, and she has found herself in a place where she doesn’t realise that she is worth more than she’s been led to believe.

The creation of her alter-ego Memphis allows
Kim
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I loved it from the very first page and couldn't put it down once I started reading it. The things that Jane has gone through to get were she is now so far away from home. You can relate to her on that aspect but I wouldn't have the guts to do what she is doing to help discover herself again. I hope that this helps her get through and help her confidence in herself and her sexuality. She has a true and loyal friend in Lolly too tha ...more
Kiersti Tesar
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plain Jane takes a walk in to a whole new personality. But only on her terms. Her sense of empowerment when she is "Memphis" is almost contagious. I enjoyed her power trips as much as she did. Maybe more. This is a fun quick read. Knowing there is more to follow makes the sudden ending a lot easier to swallow. The Rise of Memphis - January Chronicles (Rebel and a Saint Book 1) by Kitty Kendall
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review.
Geri
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a cool story! This is the first of a series that takes us on the exploits of a plain Jane who decides it is time to take her love life, well sort of. She dresses up in a wig, full makeup and a little costume and transforms into Memphis. Since Jane is the manager of hotel, she is able to learn which guests are single and this helps with her plan. Jane's friend bought her a journal so she could see she was stuck in a rut, but what Memphis fills it with is HOT encounters! Such a fun read! Look ...more
Jenny Dauksa Schaber
Jane is stuck in a rut and (on a whim) decides to have an alter ego, Memphis, to do things that she never thought herself willing to do. As Memphis, she's bold and sneaks into men's hotel rooms for her own personal enjoyment. As the month progresses, Jane learns more about herself and is slowly becoming a stronger and more confident woman. I love her growth so far and would love to see how she transforms throughout the year. I highly recommend this short read. It's HOT, real and fun.
I received a
Sue
Jane and Memphis

No, they are not two separate people. Jane is a hotel night manager who has been unlucky with love. She lacks confidence AND a sex life. She takes a chance one night and uses her key card to proposition a childhood friend while in disguise. She'll find her pleasure while he watches. The experience is so satisfying, she continues the routine with different hotel guests. People, this short is extremely sexy. It might not be for everyone, but it is certainly a unique and interesting
Amanda Studebaker
Who doesn't want to be someone else? Well Jane figure out how to go from plain Jane to the seductress known as Memphis. While trying to recover from a cheating boyfriend she finds her self in an alternate persona that she calls Memphis. She discovers that she likes sex and she likes that men actually want Memphis. It is a good story of someone trying to find them self. I am excited to see where her story goes.
Mindi
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i received this book in exchange for an honest review. it started out kind of blah....but after her first "experience" I was into it. when life gets so stale and boring, she found a way to make her own excitement. part of me feels like she's really slutty, but the other part of me, the jealous part, says go, girl! I will be continuing on with the series.
Sam Young
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this story and thought it was a fantastically refreshing story. I have read alot of books and this book stands alone, the concept of the story is is great. I love the memphis side of the character. The way this book is layer out is fantastic. The idea that someone could live out an alter ego is genius. I can't wait to read on to find how the story progresses.
Sherry Westendorf
Her character is true to life as she has to explore her sexuality to find out a part of herself. But wow. One night stand at a time. I do hate cliff hangers though. Not my kind of book. But this one is worth reading. I recommend it. I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Amberlie  Owens
In exchange for a honest review I got this book free. I have to say this surprised me and I love it. Jane is a plain boring girl who decides to take her life into her own hands and starts to become a self confident woman
BRANDI WARHANK
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Plain jane is in a rut but Memphis takes her to a whole new level. I love the Rise of Memphis! It is journey and it is taking one woman on self discovery. It is gonna be a fun ride!! Love Billy the cowboy and Henry!!
mrs sarah frost
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Arc reader

I like Jane's alter ego Memphis. Jane's has gone from a quiet shy female into a strong dominate women who at the moment full fills her sexual appetite without sex! Onto February Chronicles
Ronda Thayer
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot!

This book was hot with some dirty on the side. A plane Jane with a very naughty side to her. Can't wait to see what she gets up to next. This is my first book by this author, and it won't be my last!
Tonya
Very interesting concept, I did enjoy this book. Will I buy the next 11 of them, nope.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Unsuitable
  • Blake's Room (Taming Blake, #1)
  • The Autumn Palace (Ondine #2)
  • The Nanny Proposition (The Hawke Brothers, #1)
  • Montana Actually (Medicine River, #1)
  • Lady Beauchamp's Proposal
  • Some Girls Do (Outback Heat, #1)
  • Anticipation (Brothers Ink #2)
  • Something Real (Friends #3)
  • Lost in New York (The Lucy Ripken Mysteries, #5)
  • Seducing Jordan (Loving Jordan #1)
  • NEED (For the Love of the Billionaire #1)
  • Now It's Just Us (Wrong Girl, #1.5)
  • The Rock Star and the Lifeguard
  • Matilda's Freedom
  • Four Horsemen MC Boxed Set: Books 1-2 (Four Horsemen MC #1-2)
  • Hot Down Under Bundle 3
  • The January Wish (Tarrin's Bay #1)
Kitty Kendall is a bucket list achieving, junk jewelry collecting, hopeless romantic who loves great wine and a good adrenaline rush from time to time. She also collects classy shoes and expensive perfume. However, her greatest thrill in life is writing romance and the steamier the better. Bring It On!

Kitty writes under two pen names and has won numerous awards. Several of her books are Amazon bes

Rebel and a Saint (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Rise of Memphis February Chronicles (Rebel and a Saint Book 2)
  • Rise Of Memphis - March Chronicles (Rebel and a Saint Book 3)
  • Rise of Memphis April Chronicles
  • Rise of Memphis May Chronicles: A secret identity romance series (Rebel and a Saint Book 5)
  • Rise of Memphis June Chronicles (Rebel and a Saint)
  • Rise of Memphis July Chronicles (Rebel and a Saint Book 7)
  • Rise of Memphis August Chronicles (Rebel and a Saint Book 8)  Kindle Edition
  • Rise of Memphis September Chronicles: A secret identity romance series (Rebel and a Saint Book 9)
  • Rise of Memphis October Chronicles: A secret identity romance series (Rebel and a Saint Book 10)
  • Rise of Memphis November Chronicles (Rebel and a Saint Book 11)