Start by marking “Carnal Recovery (Curvy Assignments, #3)” as Want to Read:
Carnal Recovery (Curvy Assignments, #3)

Carnal Recovery (Curvy Assignments #3)

I thought no one could tame me until I met him…

My life revolved around two things— sex and power. As a sex therapist, I helped couples with their intimacy issues while appearing to lead a typical single life. Although I lived a civilized life during the day, by nightfall I transformed into my sadistic, dominating persona.

When a session with my submissive left him severel
Kindle Edition
Published March 9th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Carnal Recovery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carnal Recovery

Page Count: 281
Heat Level: 5 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5

description

Carnal Recovery from Victoria Bright was a HOT 5+ star read.
Ugly Cry, Dark & Erotic Romance, Hot Alpha Male and Female.

As I grinned at one slave stuffed in a dog crate and another tied face down on a table before me, I realized even more what I was. A sadist.

All I c
Annamaria
Mar 06, 2016 Annamaria rated it it was amazing
Title: Carnal Recovery (Curvy Assignments # 3)
Series: Curvy Assignments Series
Author: Victoria Bright
Genre: BDSM Romance
Stars: 5/5 Stars
Reviewer: Annamaria
Published: March 9, 2016
Pages: 281

Five Fantastic Stars! Gia is a sexy therapist by day and a dominate in the bedroom at night. She craves control in her life because this helps her control the demons. One time while being with her sub she goes too far and ends up having to see a mental health therapist. Xavier is the handsome mental healt
United Indie Book Blog
Feb 24, 2016 United Indie Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!! I love this book! Gia is a strong, brave woman. To overcome her past isn't easy. I connected with her on some of her past. I wanted cry at times when she was remembering that past. Gia gave up on love because of it. Xavier was there to support her anytime she needs him. Xavier is determined to help her overcome the past. He will show Gia that there r people pit there for everyone. Victoria Bright did an awesome job!

REVIEW BY CHANTELLE
Stephanie
Feb 24, 2016 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. I haven't ever read anything like this before, and I don't think I ever will.
Victoria Bright caught and held my attention with these amazing characters, the fabulous story line, and the NEED to see who came out on top.
Tammy - After Dark Book Lovers - A Slice Of Fiction - Dark & Seductive Events Planner
If heavy BDSM is not your thing, then this read is not for you, if it is proceed!

Gia is a strong, beautiful sassy woman with a sense of humor that can be a bit dry but yet at times vulnerable. She has had a damaging past and has made every stride to have ultimate control. Her 9-5 is a sex therapist to an array of clients. Her 5-midnight is a Domme who has a sadistic flavor. Her past led her to her BDSM lifestyle to have need control and have a safe outlet.

One out of control moment, a trigger th
Desiree
Gia. Sex therapist. Sadist. Power. Slaves. Domme. Broken.

Her professional life as a sex therapist makes everything about her seem normal, but it's not. She seems to have a strong command on couples sexual behavior, but she doesn't. She seems so in control, but she isn't. Her control is exercised with her slaves, but even that has been known to go awry. One thing she knows is love and relationships, like her friends have, isn't for her.

Xavier. Marriage therapist. Loving. Slaves. Dom. Broken.

Xavie
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
If you like BDSM themes or something a little edgier, then this would be the perfect book for you! This is definitely not a typical romance, nor is it "another 50SOG."

Gia is a sex therapist by day and a sadistic dominatrix by night. Xavier is a mental health therapist with infinite patience. Gia has been assigned court-ordered therapy with Xavier because she lost control and severely injured one of her submissives. Will Xavier be able to help closed-off Gia? Will Gia ever be able to be intimate
Louise
Mar 01, 2016 Louise rated it it was amazing
Gia is a strong woman with a past. She is a sex therapist with a darker side. During one of her after work side sessions, she makes a mistake and now has been court ordered to see a mental health therapist. Xavier is a built, tall, blue eyed, dark hair hottie. He just so happens to work on the same floor as Gia as well. Although she is supposed to see him, she skips out to go with her best friend. Adrianna notices how he stares at Gia with a title spark. Gia thinks she is imagining it. Finally w ...more
Tammy Weaver
Mar 09, 2016 Tammy Weaver rated it really liked it
I was very impressed with Carnal Recovery. I was a little lost- because I haven’t read the previous books- but that in no way took away from Gia and Xavier’s story. Gia thinks she has it under control- that she is happy being alone- and just having her slaves to attend to her needs. When she loses control- and has to go to counseling- the façade begins to crack. Xavier is there chipping at the cracks and healing her at the same time. I cried at a couple of points in the book. My heart broke when ...more
Sylvia Schneider
Feb 08, 2016 Sylvia Schneider rated it it was amazing
I received this book fr a fair and honest review....
Of the 3 books in this series.... I have to say I felt this one was the best by far.
We had met Gia in the previous 2 books as Ariannas best friend...She helped Arianna jump a few hurdles and win the man of her dreams... In this 3rd book Gia has hurdles to jump as well... Even though it looks like Gia has it together...smart...sexy...independent....she is still overcome by childhood memories that invade her dreams and flow into her personal lif
Andrea
Mar 07, 2016 Andrea rated it really liked it
Kathleen
Feb 29, 2016 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
I have read a few BDSM books before but they never really held my attention like this one did. The MC Gia, I can understand why she turned to BDSM. She had some past issues that she wanted to keep hidden and likes control. She hates to be out of control. Then she meets a man who works in her office building. He was always invading her space. Then he invited her on a weekend retreat to help couples. But it turned into a whole lot more than she bargained for.

I would recommend this book for those
Andrew Hess
May 14, 2016 Andrew Hess rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Curvy Assignments Series, and damn this one was intense. This was the book I had been looking forward to since book 1 and I was not disappointed. This book is taken entirely from Gia's point of view and gave a deep insight into her life. Despite having some demons and baggage to work through, Gia finds someone that matched her sexually. I also loved that Arianna and Zane were brought back to keep the characters from the first two books still involved in the story. T ...more
Chantelle Bouffanie
Awesome book!! I love this book! Gia is a strong, brave woman. To overcome her past isn't easy. I connected with her on some of her past. I wanted cry at times when she was remembering that past. Gia gave up on love because of it. Xavier was there to support her anytime she needs him. Xavier is determined to help her overcome the past. He will show Gia that there r people out there for everyone. Victoria Bright did an awesome job!
Rachelle
Mar 08, 2016 Rachelle rated it really liked it
4#####

I really enjoyed this book. I thought Gia was a terrific character dark past and perfectly flawed. I love the BDSM and it was different than others I have read it kept me engaged through the whole book.
I will definitely be reading more from this author in the future!

"I avoided love, not to be stubborn, but to protect myself."

☆☆Complimentary copy provided to me☆☆
●●Reviewed by #MinxR for #HashTagMinxes Reviews●●
Shellby
Mar 09, 2016 Shellby rated it really liked it
I liked this book. I liked how it was not like a lot of the books that are out right now. I am also thankful that it can be read as a standalone. I believe that this should be added to your TBR list.

-NightWolf Book Blog
L.P. Hidalgo
Feb 23, 2016 L.P. Hidalgo rated it it was amazing
Review to come!
Nay Denise
Jun 16, 2016 Nay Denise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Received an ARC through NetGalley.

Carnal Recovery was not what I expected it to be. I thought it would be filled with sex and lots of BDSM scenes seeing as how Gia is total sadist, but this went so much deeper and I loved it. Victoria Bright is simply brilliant.

Gia is sex therapist. She helps couples embrace their sexuality. She is also a mistress that enjoys being a sadist. Gia has lost control of her life in the past and as an adult she craves it, but one night she lost control and now has co
Stephenee
Feb 21, 2016 Stephenee rated it it was amazing
* I received an ebook in exchange for an honest review. *

This is the third book in the Curvy Assignments series, but you could read this as a stand alone and understand what is going on. The author does a brief recap of the previous books and the characters are in each book, however, this one focuses primarily on Gia Valencia, Arianna's best friend. The previous two books focused on Arianna and her life.

The author opens up the book with Gia in some trouble and with no one to turn too. Gia has al
P Leslie
May 16, 2016 P Leslie rated it it was amazing
I got this book from net gallery for an honest review.

I absolutely loved this book: it was funny, sexy, and hot.

Gia has quite a unique personality: she's sassy, funny and witty but she hides behind a mask.

I loved Xavier, he's an interesting character, and had his ways to get what he wanted. The trip to the cabin was hilarious - but I liked the fact that Xavier was patient yet persistent.

These two have hot explosive chemistry and the sex scenes were definitely scorching, steamy hot.

Fantastic
Eboni
Mar 18, 2016 Eboni rated it really liked it
I received and ARC for my honest review:

I really enjoyed this book overall. I love how Gia always said what was on her mind. I thought she was pretty honest with herself about her wants most of the time. With that said, I didn't like her as a Domme by herself. I loved her scenes with Xaiver in and out of the bedroom. Xaiver....what to say. He is HOT HOT HOT!! He is dominating while still being gentle, and his patience...my goodness. The only problem I would say I have with this is the ending. Fo
Tish Delanoy
Mar 07, 2016 Tish Delanoy rated it it was amazing
Wow! Wow! Wow! My head is still spinning from the very intense and highly emotional ride this story took me on. This one seriously had everything that makes a book so good. Who would have guessed that one week in a cabin with a stranger would change the course of two lives? I'm certain that Gia had no idea that she and Xavier would end up where they did.

(I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review)
Sarah Wayne
May 23, 2016 Sarah Wayne rated it liked it
Carnal Recovery by Victoria Bright.
I'm not sure why this, the 3rd book in the series just didnt do it for me, probably because it was written from the female dominatrix pov instead of the mans, but I didn't finish reading this book, so I don't think I can give a full review except to say that it was very well written and could be a great read for someone else.
Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for a honest review.
Tammy
Jun 10, 2016 Tammy rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the Curvy Assignments Book and can be read as a stand-alone. While is a play session with one of her submissives he is badly hurt and Gia is required to go to court-ordered therapy. Xavier her colleague and now court appointed therapist is a dominant himself and has plans for Gia. This read is so many things, emotional, funny and steamy. I was hooked from beginning to end. Great Read.
Melody
Apr 21, 2016 Melody rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. I didn't read the first two in the series but the author put enough information in this one that I wasn't fumbling or lost in the story line. Xavier was good for Gia he helped her overcome her issues and loved her despite her flaws. I was glad that everything worked out in the end and that Gia realized the error of her ways and worked on her communication.
Jessie
Apr 07, 2016 Jessie rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I had the ability to draw me in right from the beginning and kept me interested for more throughout. I couldnt put it down! I look forward to reading more from this author.
Loretta Richardson
Dec 12, 2016 Loretta Richardson rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! My favorite of the series!
Krista
ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review
Carmen
Carmen rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Victoria Bright
Mar 06, 2016 Victoria Bright rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Victoria Bright is from a small town in North Carolina and currently resides in Greenville, South Carolina. You can usually find her hoarding bottles of Cool Blue Gatorade, playing The Sims when not writing, or obsessing over Camaros.
More about Victoria Bright...

Curvy Assignments (3 books)
  • The Daring Assignment (Curvy Assignments #1)
  • Dangerous Concoctions (Curvy Assignments, #2)