Start by marking “Tales From Haran” as Want to Read:
Tales From Haran

Tales From Haran

"Emotions - we all have them. Some wreak havoc in our minds and cripple our bodies. Other bring us to tears of joy, and make the seemingly impossible, possible."

Tales from Haran is a fantasy flash fiction compilation set in the world of Haran'utarië - a broken world that was once destroyed, but refused to die.
Follow the elves, humans and other beings of this world as the
Published December 30th 2015 by Frostnight Illustrations

To ask other readers questions about Tales From Haran, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales From Haran

Joshua Grant
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Through a set of short stories we get an in depth look at the cool fantasy world of Haran’utarie in Elin Pettersson’s Tales from Haran. Filled with elves, monsters, quests, and danger, Haran offers everything a fantasy lover could want in a make believe world. Pettersson’s writing is the perfect blend of action and description and her stories genuinely bring the mystic world of Haran to life. I enjoyed my time there and look forward to exploring that otherworld further!
Lana Campbell
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great compilation of flash fiction stories from another world. I have never read any flash fiction before so it took me a bit to get into the stories, but each one I found very engaging and full of interest. I love the elves, the otherworld creatures and tales of netherworlds. All and all the stories drew me in, but each were very short as I'm sure they would naturally be with flash fiction. I thought the writing was good and engaging. The author did a good job painting a picture of what was g ...more
Melissa Sasina
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This was my first time ever reading flash fiction and I must say I loved it! It was a quick read and highly interesting. Each little tale stood well on it's own and was pretty intriguing, pulling you in and making you want to know more, but not offering enough that their shortness made you upset it was over. I quite enjoyed this author's writing style as well and look forward to hopefully being able to read more of Pettersson's writing in the future.
David Wiley
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This collection of flash fiction stories is a beautiful collection of stories, ranging from fun to sad in the tales being told. There are a few recurring characters whose depth and development transform throughout the collection, which was a pleasant surprise. The fact that these fantasy flash fiction stories are all centered around the same world is a great strength to this collection, and those recurring appearances enhance the experience. But the greatest weakness also comes from them being f ...more
Andrei Pistol
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A compilation of 23 short stories. Most of them were pretty entertaining, though I can't say I felt the same emotions as the characters in many. Loneliness was especially good, it made me cry a bit.
Definitely worth reading especially since they're as short as my attention span :D

A great plus was the book cover, holy cow I could stare at it for hours!
Shah Afzal
Aug 21, 2018
Gerald A.  Loeb
rated it it was ok
Mar 08, 2016
Elin Pettersson
Jan 02, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Stephen